Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Dhulfiqar

Music Video

Rate this topic

.... here's my assessment:

... haven't heard the words, yet. But the images reflect reality. There's always this stigma attached with Muslim women: submissive, mysterious, harem-like, abused, whatever. But this video tries to remove those negative conotations but protraying Muslim women as real people. The convert white girl putting the hijab on at the end was powerful.

They are basically singing about how great Muslim women are and what they go through, etc.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Edited by Dhulfiqar

Just for you:

Intro

All ya radios our there,

This song goes to you

Yeah, Aisha, all my sisters y'all

Verse 1

So sweet, so beautiful

Everyday like a queen on her throne

Don't nobody knows hox she feels

Aisha, Lady one day it'll be real

She moves, she moves like a breeze

I swear I can't get her out of my dreams (shinin' like a star)

I'd sacrifice all dem tears in my eyes

Chorus

Aisha Aisha - passing me by (There she go again)

Aisha Aisha - my my my (ist it really real)

Aisha Aisha - smile for me now

Aisha Aisha - in my life (Yeah)

Verse 2

She holds her child to her heart

Makes her feel like she is blessed from above

Falls asleep underneath her sweet tears

Her lullaby fades away with his fears

1/2 Chorus

Aisha Aisha - passing me by (there she go again)

Aisha Aisha - my my my (is it really real)

Bridge

She needs some body to lean on (lean on)

Some body, mind & soul

To take her hand, to take her world

And show her the time of her life, so true

Throw the pain away for good

No more contemplating boo

Verse 3

Lord knows the way she feels (I wonder)

Everyday in his name she begins

To have her shining here by my side

I'd sacrifice all dem tears in my eyes

Aisha Aisha - ecoutes moi (let's do this)

Chorus

Aisha Aisha - passing me by (there she go again)

Aisha Aisha - my my my (is it really real)

Aisha Aisha - smile for me now

Aisha Aisha - in my life (Yeah)

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

(salam)

Ok now the video makes sense after reading the lyrics. I had a rough idea that the video was displaying how Aisha like many Muslim women are a part of society in that they too participate in various rolesl; instead, of the conception that these women are locked up at home.

Mash Allah spanish muslims.... I heard a few of their songs on kazaa On one of his songs called Tears never dry his lyrics are

In the name of the most beneficent the most high

He who holds my soul before and after I die

See I'm lost in confusion so please help me lord

I wanna act right but can't play my cards right

Don't let me go astray show me the right path

So I can be amongst the righteous and not those who catch your wrath

I suppose this is his version of Al Fatihah but it seems cool..

I suppose with all the youth listening to music that positive music such as this is good I heard there are islamic laws against but if the music is inspiring someone to be good or something I don't find anything wrong with it.. I have heard Soldiers of Allah and Myna raps which contain musical instruments that really inspired me.

I don't know the exact islamic veiw on this or if someone will go to hell on the basis that they listened to music but music is all around me and I listen to it.. So if I have something that is talking about Allah and helping me remember I don't see the harm

i havnt seen the video for aisha...but the songs are just sooooooooo good!!!....whats the name of their album btw???..i 4got to note it..

Sis ****** has the inside scoop on Outlandish, though she proclaims vehemently that she ain't a fan, ha! :)

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Edited by Dhulfiqar

Salam un Alaykum,

I still don't like it, the song defeated the whole purpose of Hijab.

{and no I did not listen to it, I turned off my speakers, saw the first 15 sec, closed it and read the lyrics}

Iltemas e dua

Khodahafiz

Guest AR
Mash Allah spanish muslims.... I heard a few of their songs on kazaa On one of his songs called Tears never dry his lyrics are

i think they were arabs,since arabs here look like hispanics its hard to tell the difference.infact,sometimes ppl think im cuban and start talking to me in spanish lol

Salaam alaikum,

Well actually I didn't really understand it all. I watched the whole thing once and reviewed some parts again. It seemed exploitative of Muslim women. What was the deal with the woman who got in her bed and went to sleep, in the end? I am wondering if this was suposed to be a Muslim convert, cause there were two crucifixes on the wall in her room. Most converts take those things down when they become Muslim. Was she Muslim or Catholic? What was the purpose of showing a woman without hijab and then putting it on? Was that suposed to be a convert?

Seems like the guy singing had a thing for a Muslim woman. I found it offensive and exploitative of Muslim women.

WaSalaam, Hajar

I suppose with all the youth listening to music that positive music such as this is good I heard there are islamic laws against but if the music is inspiring someone to be good or something I don't find anything wrong with it.. I have heard Soldiers of Allah and Myna raps which contain musical instruments that really inspired me.

I don't know the exact islamic veiw on this or if someone will go to hell on the basis that they listened to music but music is all around me and I listen to it.. So if I have something that is talking about Allah and helping me remember I don't see the harm

yes i agree with you, actually, me and sister hajar were talking about this, she finally explained to me that Ayatullah Sistani does not allow music aceptable for amusement or gatherings, (of sinful people.) nasheeds are ok, b/c they inspire us to remember Allah and His messengers. songs that cause one to think about thoughts of sinning are not ok.

this song, although i'm sure it was made to portray a positive mesage, but i agree with bro pasdar1, its an oxymoron... or atleast the way i concieved it, it is...

I swear I can't get her out of my dreams...

Some body, mind & soul...

sounds like a love song! :huh:

Seems like the guy singing had a thing for a Muslim woman. I found it offensive and exploitative of Muslim women.

totally agreed.

but music is all around me and I listen to it..

i disagree with you here, thats like saying no one in my school/uni does hijab, so i wont either... sin is all around, avoiding it is our jihad. :)

In the name of the most beneficent the most high

He who holds my soul before and after I die

See I'm lost in confusion so please help me lord

I wanna act right but can't play my cards right

Don't let me go astray show me the right path

So I can be amongst the righteous and not those who catch your wrath

now that would make a nice one. where did you hear this? do they have a website?

Edited by SNaqvi1214

...I only watched it once so I wasn't able to get the symbolism -- remember this is a Danish group, so they maybe a bit different than american groups.

Insiders tell me that trio are:

Morrocan, Pakistian, and Hondurus.

"The Spanish" guys is not a Muslim.

We need Brother Ehsan to help us by what is meant by:

I swear I can't get her out of my dreams...

Some body, mind & soul...

Also, one thing to remember, we don't know about discrimination against Muslim women in Denmark or other parts of the EU. Maybe this songs is protraying that.

Degrading... I won't say degrading. Because I don't believe it was their intention to degrade the Muslim woman.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Edited by Dhulfiqar

One of the guys from outlandish (the paki one) was from my school... and the latino one and the morrocan one are from my neighbourhood. I dont listen to their music, but alot of their songs reflect what many young 2nd generation european muslims think, especially their first political songs.

Actually I find them very weird, you find them wearing "islamic" clothes (thoubs)and in the awards they usually Thank Allah and the Prophet Mohammed, yet they sing haraam music.

Edited by Amal

Salam Alaikum,

I had heard this song before, but in French...I don't think it's DEGRADING...I mean it's better than singing about going to the club and what not...they actually have some nice lyrics, liked this part especially:

"Lord knows the way she feels (I wonder)

Everyday in his name she begins"

but I still don't understand how muslims and music can mix....oh well....

couldn't they have chosen another name besides AISHA!? ehhh... :squeez:

Wa'Salam

Guest Slave of Zahra

assalamu alaikum

i agree with sis hajar .. i do not like it and i found it offensive... things always start small but shaytan takes ahold and without u realizing it u r in too deep and u feel u have no way out ... i never realized the effect music had on my soul until i stopped listening to it ... i know if i started listening to this type of music it would not be long before i would find some justification for other types of haram music as well... i feel this is shaytan's way of "getting in" so to speak and once he has found a way in ..it is very hard to get him to leave... inshallah... this is just my opinion on my experiences anyway..

UmAli

ASALAAMU ALAIKUM

im at a lab and hence cant listen to it BUT, i am assuming its a replay of That one Khalid dudes son "Aisha" where the Khalid dude sings in french about his daughter named Aisha...hes a fanmous Rai singer from Algeria btw, his hit Aisha was big maybe 5 yrs ago esp in Europe

Anyway, im assumiung, from what others told me this group Named Outlandish, from i believe the Netherlands made a rap version of Khalids Aisha...

btw at the end the part with the crucifix, those r Arab Xtians and in the part where the boy is drawing about war its about Israel and what he saw...again this is what a friend told me

salaams

baheera

(salam)

isn't music haram?! what kind of music is that? is it the haram music or halal one?

!!!!

Of course it's haram. But Tom, Richard, Harry, Sally and Marry don't listen to lectures by M. Madarassi or other Islamic scholars. What they listen to is, Fox News, CNN, and MTV.

And Tom, Richard and whoever else can careless to try to learn about Islam. So the bigotry of Islam is innertwined within them forever unless they find out the truth.

Thus the only way to get to them and show them Muslims aren't Aliens to show them through what they will watch. To show them through Music and TV (and other forms of Entertainment) that Muslims are people too, not savages.

Music is a from of art. What maybe art to me, maybe obscene to you. That's the way art is. It's the angle you look at it. For example, for some people pictures of Imam Ali are helpful but for others they feel its degrading. Both are correct in their views. It's all based on relativity, meaning what you preceive something to be.

... Sister UPITT is right. The song is about Aisha, his daughter (not his girlfriend).

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Guest AR
(salam)

isn't music haram?! what kind of music is that? is it the haram music or halal one?

!!!!

Of course it's haram. But Tom, Richard, Harry, Sally and Marry don't listen to lectures by M. Madarassi or other Islamic scholars. What they listen to is, Fox News, CNN, and MTV.

And Tom, Richard and whoever else can careless to try to learn about Islam. So the bigotry of Islam is innertwined within them forever unless they find out the truth.

Thus the only way to get to them and show them Muslims aren't Aliens to show them through what they will watch. To show them through Music and TV (and other forms of Entertainment) that Muslims are people too, not savages.

Music is a from of art. What maybe art to me, maybe obscene to you. That's the way art is. It's the angle you look at it. For example, for some people pictures of Imam Ali are helpful but for others they feel its degrading. Both are correct in their views. It's all based on relativity, meaning what you preceive something to be.

... Sister UPITT is right. The song is about Aisha, his daughter (not his girlfriend).

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

totally true and agreed....the only way western youths can get knowlegde about islam is through music.

(salam)

!!!!

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

(salam)

I did not say that you are not people...But it is haram...This is not a game...

By the way, to your knowledge brother Dhulfiqar: Whoever listens to the music you putted, you got the haram of them too...

Picture of Imam Ali is not the same as music...

Picture of Imam Ali is nice...You want to put it (maybe thawab, don't know) and if you don't put it, nothing wrong.

Music is when you listen to it...You get haram and it is a sin and if you don't listen to it you will get thawab and nothing will happen to your body <<<Music harms the body.

(salam)

!!!!

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

totally true and agreed....the only way western youths can get knowlegde about islam is through music.

(salam)

AlGhaya La Tubarrir AlWaseela

The goal don't make the way of doing it is ok.

Music is not everything or every way...

Salaam,

I love Islamic songs and music,

when I was in the US there was a Molanna listening to this song in English called, "Covered all over". And it was about the beauty of Hijab and its power in this world. It was just a guy with a spanish guitar singing it. Does neone know the guy who sang the song?

I think Islamic Music is a powerful tool to re-capture the youth.

Wasalaam

Guest Teenage_youth

(salam)

In some ways i think this song is good.Also let's not interpret things wrongly:

" she needs someone to lean on" " Holds a child by her heart"

I think this song portrays a strong muslim woman and they are only stating that."She needs someone to lean on" means she needs someone to take care of her because she takes care of everyone ,maybe the guy had intentions of marrying her-let's say.

Now the crosses on the wall are weird....but besides that and the fact that music isn't very halal....it's good :P

Khodafez

Sis.Teenage :angel:

Salaam Alaikum,

I really don't listen to music that often but I thought I'd listen to this....I think the lyrics and song is nice but the video needs some improvement. By listening to the lyrics, it helps others understand muslimahs but the video is to confusing...

Btw while we're on the topic, please make dua that inshallah I can stop listening to music alltogether and push away shaytan...

Masalama...

Didn't I put a warning above my post saying it's Music? Hmm hmm? Yes, I did.

I'm NOT saying Muslims should start listening to Outlandish, heck I don't need music like this to tell me how strong a Muslimah is, I know already. It's for those that aren't Muslim, they are the one that *might* benefit from songs like this. But Allah knows best.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Edited by Dhulfiqar

Salam un Alaykum,

Music is Haram, and Haram is NEVER good. It might take us time to understand this, but we will figure it out sooner or later. Either the easy way, or the hard way...

Iltemas e dua

Khodahafiz

{By "Music," you know what I mean ~no need to debate the obvious "which music is haram"}

Edited by pasdar1

Salam un Alaykum,

Music is Haram, and Haram is NEVER good. It might take us time to understand this, but we will figure it out sooner or later. Either the easy way, or the hard way...

Iltemas e dua

Khodahafiz

{By "Music," you know what I mean ~no need to debate the obvious "which music is haram"}

I agree that it is Haram...

Sis ****** you got me into this, now you gotta get me out.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Salaam Alaikum,

Since we're on the topic, I really like the Islamic (you couldn't really call music) but they use Allah (swt)'s name kind of like Yusuf Islam, I heard it on the shiarightpath.com islamic presentation called watch me bleed:

It goes Allah Allah Allah La ilaha illala.....

Sorry that's a bad description, inshallah you'll understand what I'm talking about...

Masalama

Salaam,

I love Islamic songs and music,

when I was in the US there was a Molanna listening to this song in English called, "Covered all over". And it was about the beauty of Hijab and its power in this world. It was just a guy with a spanish guitar singing it. Does neone know the guy who sang the song?

I think Islamic Music is a powerful tool to re-capture the youth.

Wasalaam

(salam)

ISLAMIC HALAL MUSIC OR ANASHEED.

Ex. http://www.almujtaba.com/anasheed1.html

Or Bassem AlKarbalaei Anasheed which are very nice.....

THESE ARE HALA MUSIC OR ANASHEED NOT ANY KIND YOU LIKE...

(salam)

In some ways i think this song is good.Also let's not interpret things wrongly:

" she needs someone to lean on" " Holds a child by her heart"

I think this song portrays a strong muslim woman and they are only stating that."She needs someone to lean on" means she needs someone to take care of her because she takes care of everyone ,maybe the guy had intentions of marrying her-let's say.

Now the crosses on the wall are weird....but besides that and the fact that music isn't very halal....it's good :P

Khodafez

Sis.Teenage :angel:

(salam)

there is nothing called very halal or a little halal or not much halal, etc.

HALAL = Allowed or Lawful

Haram = Not Allowed and not you can't do it....

Music is haram