Sign in to follow this  
shiaofhussayn

#1 Imam Ali Ibn Abi Taleb (as)

Rate this topic

Assalaamu Aleykum to all. Inshallah u r all in the best of health and imaan. My brother wrote this allegience for Imam Ali (as) and he wanted to me to share it with u guys. so here it goes:

"I pledge of allegiance to the Imam of the Muslim Ummah in the world which He is guided by Muhammad (saww) under Allah. Imam of the Jinn and Ins with pasion and great leadership for all mankind."

that is the end of the allegience!

O Allah! send Thy belesssings on Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad.

i hope u like it and wasalaaaaam :)

Bismillah

salamon alikom all brothers and sisters in this forum...

Most Pleasant Blessings of the Loyalists, On the Birthday ceremony of Amirul-Mumineen Ali bun Abi Talib (as) ....

I hope you enjoy your day :)

may Allah bless you all :)

wasalam alikom

wanaslkom aldu'a

shia girl :)

Edited by magma
title

It was the month of Ramadan.   The streets of Kufa were still hot from the day's unbearable heat.   A musafir (traveler) was walking through the streets.   His clothes had a thin layer of sand, his amamat was worn low on his forehead against the harsh rays of the sun, his shoes worn out from the long walk.   Hungry for food and tired, his eyes caught the tall and beautiful minaret of the masjid.   He quickened his pace towards the masjid, entered, and said Salaam.   Straining his eyes, he saw a lonely figure inside and his ears picked up the low hum of prayers filling every corner of the masjid.   The musafir knew in his heart that he was in the presence of a very saintly man, a Wali of Allah Ta'ala.

The musafir laid his masallah near the mehrab and prayed namaaz.   He saw the Wali unlock a wooden chest, take out a handful of food and eat it.   The musafir having not eaten anything all day, went closer to the Wali and asked, "Saheb, I have had nothing to eat since yesterday.   Please give me something to eat."   The quiet, peaceful voice of the Wali replied, "Brother, I do not have anything that you would like to eat."   The musafir insisted, "I just saw you eat a handful of something.   You look like a pious, good muslim and yet you refuse to give me food."   Upon the musafir's insistence, the Wali opened up the wooden chest and gave the musafir some food to eat.   The hungry man grabbed the handful and put it in his mouth. Suddenly he was choking on the dry and tasteless food.   He could not swallow it.   He looked at the man, his eyes filled with tears of pain. "Brother, what did you give me to eat?"   The Wali replied, "That was the dry flour of jav (wheat)."

"Saheb, flour is very cheap in this part of the country.   Why do you keep it locked?   Is it that you are afraid of thieves?", questioned the unknowing musafir.   The Wali answered, "I know flour is cheap and I am not afraid of the thieves either.   I keep this chest locked because when I am not around my sons mix butter and sugar in it.   You look very hungry.   Go the house of Hasan (as) and Husain (as).   During the month of Ramadan, they serve many varieties of food to those who are fasting and hungry.   Go join them and delight yourself in the company of good people and delicious food."

The musafir folded his masallah, took the directions to the house, and then went to join in the festivities.

Hundreds of people were gathered together at the home of Maulana Hasan (SA) and Maulana Husain (as), all seated and enjoying delicious food.   As the musafir entered the courtyard, two very tall, handsome men approached and invited him to dinner.   The musafir sat and ate his fill.   As he was leaving the house, Hasan (as) and Husain (as) stopped him and said, "We've been watching you and have seen that your face is sad, and your eyes have tears in them.   Do you have a family somewhere? Are they also hungry?   If so, we have plenty of food.   Please bring them here to eat or take some food for them."

The musafir answered, "Maula, I have no family.   I am a poor man, but I saw a man praying at the masjid, his clothes are old and he is eating dry flour. While eating the delicious food in your home, I was thinking of him and crying.   If you give me some food, I will take it to him."   Maulana Husain (as) put his right hand on the musafir's shoulder and said, "Brother, the man you saw in the masjid praying is the Allah's Wali, Mohammad Rasulallah's (as) Wasi, and our beloved father Ameerul Mumineen Ali (as).   The delicious food you just ate is all provided by him."

Edited By Ali on 1034199746

There was a friend of Amir al-Muminin, a good and believing  man,

who unfortunately fell into error, and who had to be punished. Imam   Ali

cut off the fingers of his right hand. The man took hold of his cut hand,

with the blood dripping from it, with his left hand and went away. He was

then instigated by a seditious Kharijite, who wanted to take advantage of

the course of events for his own party and against Imam   Ali, so he came

up to the man with an utter of compassion and said:

Who cutt your hands off?

The Chief  of  the  Prophet's successors, he said,  the leader of the

untainted ones at the Resurrection,  the  most  righteous  among  the

believers, Ali ibn Abi Talib, the Imam  of  Right  Guidance,  cutt of

the fingers of my right hand ..... the first  to  reach  the  Gardens

of Felicity, the hero of the brave, the avenger against the promoters

of ignorance, the giver of zakat .... the leader on the right and the

perfect path,  the speaker of  what  is true  and  appropriate, the

Champion of Mecca, the steadfast exceller.

Poor you! said the man, he cutt of your hands, and You extol him thus!

Why should I not extol him,  replied  the  companion,  now  that  his

friendship is mixed with my  flesh  and  blood?  I swear by God that

he did not cutt off   my hand   except  with  a  right  that God has

established.

Such was the love, attraction and the affection of the companion for Ali.

----------

Sunni reference: Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Din al-Razi, v9 - Under

the explanation of the chapter of al-Kahf - 9 ]

Shi'i reference: Bihar al-Anwar, v40, pp 281-282

* On Imam Ali (as) *

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kufa was now the seat of the Islamic rule. The entire Muslim world

with the exception of Damascus looked towards Kufa for guidance. They

travelled to Kufa often.

Two men were in each other's company on the road to Kufa. One was a

muslim and the other was a non muslim. As they progressed, the non muslim

traveller asked his companion:

I am going further than Kufa, to a small village where I live. Where

are You going?

His muslim companion said:

I live in Kufa

They proclaimed happily, discussing various things, helping each other, all

in a spirit of cordiality. When they drew near to Kufa, the non muslim took

a side road towards his village. Just as he was about to bid farewell, he

observed that his muslim companion was coming with him.

Didn't you tell me that You are going to Kufa where You lived?

The muslim replied

Yes of course

On this the non muslim inquired

Then why were you coming this way? That is the only road leading to

Kufa?

I know, said the muslim, But we have long been companions. Our Prophet

(PBUH&HF) said that when two are companions to each other on a journey

they have obligations and duties towards each other. You gave me

company and now it is my duty to follow You a few steps and then make

a gentle departure.

No wonder that Your Prophet (PBUH&HF) managed to spread his faith so

quickly. His (PBUH&HF) teachings were indeed great.

And then it so happened that once the same non muslim entered Kufa. There

he found that his muslim companion had been none other but the Khalifa of

his time, Ali ibn Abi Talib (as). He soon became a muslim and remained the

most faithful of companion of the Imam.

----------

To  judge  Your  own  souls  before  the  time of judging of  your

action arrives. Make an assessment of Yourself before You are called

upon to account for Your conduct in this existence.

[ Imam Ali (as)

----------

Sources:

Peak Of Eloquence

Nahjul Balagha

Sermons, Letters and Sayings of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib

Translated by Askari Jafari

Islamic Seminary Publications

----------

Sources:

Unto Thee I grant ........

A collection of historical events from the following books

o Tuhaful Uqool - Abu Muhammad al-Harrani

o Biharul Anwar - Allamah Majlisi

o al-Amthalan Nabawiyyah - Muhammad al-Gharawi

o Dastan e Rastan - Allama Murtaza Mutahhari

One Day a Jewish person came to Maula Ali (A.S.), thinking that since Ali thinks he is too smart, I'll ask him such a tough question that he won't be able to answer it and I'll have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs (Naudhubillah).

He asked "Ali, tell me a number, that if we divide it by any number from 1-10 the answer will always come in the form of a whole number and not as a fraction."

Maula Ali Looked back at him and said, "Take the number of days in a year and multiply it with the number of days in a week and you will have your answer."

The person got astonished but as he was a Mushrik he still didn't believe Maula Ali (A.S.). He calculated the answer Maula Ali (as) gave him. To his amazement he came across the following results:

The number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arab)

The Number of Days in a Week = 7

The product of the two numbers = 2520

Now ... 2520 ÷ 1 = 2520

2520 ÷ 2 = 1260

2520 ÷ 3 = 840

2520 ÷ 4 = 630

2520 ÷ 5 = 504

2520 ÷ 6 = 420

2520 ÷ 7 = 360

2520 ÷ 8 = 315

2520 ÷ 9 = 280

2520 ÷ 10= 252

One day another Jewish person came to Maula Ali (A.S.). He was planning to ask Maula Ali (A.S.) such a question which would take Maula Ali (A.S.) a long time to answer and because of that his Maghrib Prayers would be delayed.

He asked, "Ali you say you know everything in the world, then tell me which animals lay eggs and which animals give birth to their young ones"

Maula Ali (A.S.) looked back at him smiled and said, "The animals who have their 'EARS' outside their body give birth to their young ones and the animals who have their 'EARS' inside their body lay eggs"

Imam Ali (as) with unfortunate members of society

Imam Ali (as) had a very soft corner in his heart for the old, the weak, the disabled and the poor and children were always his favourites.

It was the hottest day of the season, he had finished his noon-prayers in the masjid and was passing through the bazaar.  He saw a young slave-girl piteously weeping.  He asked her the reason.  She said that her master had given her some money to get dates from the bazaar. The dates which she brought were not liked by her master, he wanted them to be returned and get back the money.  The fruit-seller refused to take them back, her master was beating her for the money and the fruit-seller had also punished her for going to him over and over again.  She did not know what to do and whom to approach for help.

Imam Ali (as) accompanied her to the fruit-seller to advise him to take the dates back.  He was a new-comer to Kufa and did not recognize the Imam and was rude to him.  Some passers-by intervened and introduced the Imam to him.  He jumped from his shop and begged of Imam Ali (as) to excuse him and said that he would give back the money immediately to her.  The Imam replied that it was really mean of him to treat honest suggestion disdainfully and haughtily and to cow down before power and might so abjectly.  The owner of the slave-girl had also heard the news of this incident and ran to meet the Imam to apologize for the trouble caused to the slave-girl.  Imam Ali (as) told him, "You have no mercy for a person who is under your power and you do not forgive her mistake, have you a right to expect mercy and forgiveness from the Lord?  You people have acquired nothing from Islam but its name."

One day he saw an old woman carrying a heavy load of fire-wood which she could hardly lift, she was tottering under the weight.  Imam Ali (as) relieved her of her weight, carried it to her house.  when Imam Ali (as) told her about who he was, only then she realized that the one who had served her like an obedient servant was none but Imam Ali, the Caliph and the Commander of the Faithful.

It was after his death only that people came to know that he had provided a shelter to a leper in an advanced stage of the disease.  The shelter was outside the town, he used to go there daily, dress his wounds, feed him with his own hands (because the leper had lost his hands), wash him, put his bed in order and carry him out of the shelter for a little while so that he may get fresh air.  Incidentally, when the relatives and friends of Imam Ali (as) came across this shelter and found a leper in it, they told him the Imam was assassinated as they had just then buried him.  The news so affected the man that he died on the spot.

Guest ShiaCat

Salaam Alaikum,

This is such an amazing book, it contains advice for daily living,

philosophy, science ( a description of early earth ), psychology,

and so much.........I have not words enough! :rolleyes: :)

SAlam,

I dont know why i've read alot of books in the past but i'm so intimated by nahjul balagha.... :cry: . Every time i try to read it..i get sooo frustrated...i dont think my brain can comphrend the magnifiance of that book... :(

Yellah keep posting i'm building up some nerve to attempt to try and read it again...

Bro abdulhujjah...what is Khutba al Shiqshiqiyyah????