Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Roots of umar bin khattab...

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam. This is such a pathetic waste of time to be honest. First of all, who cares who their ancestors were? If they did evil then Allah will sort them out, it has nothing to with their ancestors. If I were a killer(Allah forbid), wat does it matter if my father or grandfather was a rapist(God forbid)? That does NOT make me a killer AND a rapist. Im still just a killer! I never raped anyone! Second, Abu Bakr (ra) and the Rasul  pbuh both came from Quraish. Their background didnt matter, as there is a big difference between both men. Salaam.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

ALL THOSE BROTHERS TRYIN TO SHOW THESE MISGUIDED FOOLS THAT ITS WRONG TO CUSS THE BEST GENERATION, DONT BOTHER. honestly theres no point tryin to reason with idiots who take no heed of what Allah tells us in the quran. Allah swt tells us hes pleased with them and they are pleased with him and he has prepared gardens where rivers flow for them in the quran but oh no they dont wana listen to that they will continue to cuss the best of people and theres no point tryin to show them different believe me ive tried. Allah swt says also in the quran that he uses the sahaba to enrage the disbelievers so let them waffle on all they want about the best generation they'll get their reward in the hereafter. if u ppl had any sense then ud read the quran and learn from it cause its guidance to mankind. i'll stop there cause theres o point me carryin on cause its more than likely gonna go in 1 ear and out the other

w asalam

p.s. ask the jews who the best ppl after hadrat musa (as)  where and they'll say his companions ask the christians who the best ppl after hadrat eesa  (as) was and they'll say his companions ask the [Edited Out]es who the worst people after our rasool pbuh was they'll say the companions so in essense u r worse then the jews and christians

• Advanced Member

Dear Sister Naj

Do you have anything other to add to this discussion except the very common wahhabis/salafi tirade..

Not all of the first generation were good peoples. Some of them stole the caliphate from Imam Ali, Some of them deny inheritance to Prophet only daughter, some of them kill our Masumeen, Some of them start war with the rightly guided Caliph (Imam Ali) and some of them butchered our Prophet Grandson and his Family member.

And all of this happened within 50 years after the demise of our holy prophet (pbuh & hf)!

• Advanced Member

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Allah swt tells us hes pleased with them and they are pleased with him and he has prepared gardens where rivers flow for them in the quran but oh no they dont wana listen to that they will continue to cuss the best of people and theres no point tryin to show them different believe me ive tried. Allah swt says also in the quran that he uses the sahaba to enrage the disbelievers so let them waffle on all they want about the best generation they'll get their reward in the hereafter

Can you please tell me the verses where Allah (swt) says he is pleased with "them'' , and "they" are pleased with Allah (swt)?   ... I'm assuming you mean ALL the companions of the prophet (saw).

Can you also tell me where in the Quran Allah (swt) says he uses the companions of the prophet (saw) to enrage the disbelievers please?

Now I don't curse any of the companions of the prophet (saw).  For the part where Allah (swt) says he uses the companions to enrage the disbelievers, can I also know how? just some explanation.  I ask you to learn and to understand not to find fault.  

Thank you.

Salam.

• Advanced Member
p.s. ask the jews who the best ppl after hadrat musa (as)  where and they'll say his companions ask the christians who the best ppl after hadrat eesa  (as) was and they'll say his companions ask the [Edited Out]es who the worst people after our rasool pbuh was they'll say the companions so in essense u r worse then the jews and christians
  • Veteran Member
Ask the jews, How was Moses(as)? they will say, Moses was like this that once he struck his stick on the River and it was divided into two pieces..

Ask the christians, How was Jesus(as)? they will say, Jesus was like this that he used to make the dead alive..

Ask the WAHABIS, How was Muhammad(saww)? they will say, Muhammad(saww) WAS JUST LIKE US! A common man who is dead now....

• Advanced Member

Salam alaykum,

naj:

I'm wondering, if Surat Al-Monafeqin was not revealed to show the true identity of those who were so-called companions, then who were the monafeqin(hypocrites) during the Prophet's time?

Monafeqins were among the Prophet himself, where those who infront of you act as if they are on your side and everything, but from your back they plan against you..

Can you identify them in the Surah?

Wsalam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

to karbala:  i dont quite get what ur sayin if ur sayin that that verse was revealed to identify the real hypocrites and obviously here ur talkin about the first 3 caliphs (may Allah b pleased with all of them), then why did our rasool  pbuh continuely keep them with him? why did he  pbuh marry there daughters? why did he  pbuh marry his daughters to uthman (ra) ? as i promised i'l give u a few verses 1: surah al fath, 48:29

Muhammad pbuh is the messenger of Allah; and those with him ARE FORCEFUL AGAINST THE DIBELIEVERS, MERCIFUL AMONG THEMSELVES. u see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [his] pleasure. their mark [i.e. sign] is on their faces [i.e. foreheads] from the trace of prostration. that is their description in the torah. and their description in the gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers- so that he [i.e. Allah] MAY ENRAGE BY THEM THE DISBELIEVERS. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

2: surah at-tawbah 9:100

and the first forerunners [in the faith] among the muhajireen and the ansar and those who followed them with good conduct- Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with him, and he has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. that is the great attainment

3: surah al hashr 59:8-10

for the poor emigrants who were expelled from their homes and their properties, seeking bounty from Allah and [his] approval and supporting Allah and his messenger,[there is a share]. those are the truthful. and [also for] those who where settled in the home [i.e. al-madinah] and [adopted] the faith before them. they love those who emigrated to them and find not any want in their breasts of what they [i.e. the emigrants] were given but give [them] prefrence over themselves, even though they are in privation. and whoever is protected from the stinginess of his soul- itis those who will be the successful. and there is a share for those who came after them sayin, 'our lord forgive us and our brothers who preceded us in faith and put not in our hearts [any] resentment to those who have believed. our lord indeed u are kind and merciful

4: surah at tawbah 9 :117

Allah has already forgiven the prophet and the muhajireen and the ansar who followed him in the hour of difficulty after the hearts of a party of them had almost enclined [to doubt] and then he forgave them. indeed, he was to them kind and merciful

5: surah at tawbah 9:117

you are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. you enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah. if only the ppl of the scripture had believed it would have been better for them. among them are believers but most of them are defiantly disbelievers

do u need anymore verses to prove to u how Allah swt is pleased with these great ppl?!!?!?!? or u gonna forsake the words of our lord for your shaykhs ??? or maybe this wont mean a thing to u cause this quran we all have has been altered as suggested by one of ur top shaykhs and the real quran is with the mahdi in a cave somewhere which was revealed to hadrat fatima   (as)  after the death of our rasool pbuh

il leave it at that till i get ur next replies

w asalam

• Advanced Member

Salaam. Please read.

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are

strong against the unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each

other.  Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer),

seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure.  On their faces are

their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration.  This is their

similitude in the Taurat (Torah); And their similitude in the Gospel

is: Like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it

then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the

sowers with wonder and delight.  As a result, it fills the Unbelievers

with rage at them.  Allah has promised those among them who believe

and do righteous deeds Forgiveness, and a great Reward. [48:29]"

These companions (May Allah (SWT) be Pleased With Them), the Shia and the

Sunnis have NO quarrel about.  As such, they will not be discussed here.

However, note what Allah (SWT) in His (SWT) infinite wisdom states in the

last line: "Allah has promised those among them who believe and do

righteous deeds Forgiveness, and a great Reward."  Now, note "...those

among them..."  Why didn't Allah (SWT) say "Allah has promised ALL OF

THEM?"  Because not all of them were righteous!  That's what the Shia are

trying to convey to the world!  The Sunnis, whenever they bless the Prophet

(PBUH&HF), they also bless ALL the companions, with NO exception.  Why did

Allah (SWT), their Creator (SWT), make an exception, while the Sunni

Muslims don't?  This is a sign for those who reflect...

Moreover, the verse specifies those who were WITH the Prophet, which means

those who were obedient to him and did not oppose/discredit him. Certainly

the hypocrites walked with the Prophet and used to attach themselves to

him, yet NO Muslim ever entitle them to the above verse which states "those

who were WITH him".

As for the second faction of the companions, Allah (SWT) said:

"O ye who believe! What is the matter with you, that when ye are asked

to go forth in the Cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do

ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the

comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter.  Unless ye go

forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in

your place; But Him ye would not harm in the least, For Allah hath

power over all things."[9:38-39]

This is a clear indication that some of the companions were lazy during the

call to Jihad and other activities, and, thus, deserved the above reprimand

by Allah (SWT). This is not the only instance where Allah (SWT) threatened

to replace them:

"... If you turn back (from the path), He will substitute in your

stead another people; then they would not be like you! [47:38]"

Could you tell me Who Allah is referring by "you" in the above verse? Allah

also said:

"O you who believe! Do not raise your voices above the voice of

prophet ... lest your deeds become null while you do not perceive."

(Quran 49:2).

Authentic Sunni traditions confirm that there have been some companions who

used to oppose the Prophet's order and quarrel with him in several

occasions:

a) There was the issue of the captives of the battle "Badr" that the

Prophet ordered their freedom for payment of the ransom money (Fidyah),

and these companions went against it.

B) There was the battle of "Tabook" that the Prophet ordered to slaughter

the camels, to save their lives, and the same people went against it.

c) There was the treaty of "Hudabiyyah" that the Prophet wanted to make

peace with people of Mecca, and the very same companions went against it

and they even cast doubt about the prophethood of Muhammad (PBUH&HF).

d) There was the battle of "Hunain" where they accused the Prophet of

injustice in distributing the war booty.

e) There was the appointment of "Usamah Ibn Zayd" who was assigned as the

leader of Islamic army by the Prophet, and these companions disobeyed

the order to follow him.

f) There was a tragic Thursday when the Messenger of Allah wanted to state

his will, and the very same companions accused him of talking non-sense

and prevented him to do so.

And there are many more of such reports which can be even found in Sahih al-

Bukhari.

As for the third faction of the companions, there is a whole chapter in the

holy Quran addressing them: "al-Munafiqun --The Hypocrites -- Ch. 63", and

beside that there are many other verses in this regard as well. Allah (SWT)

states in the Quran:

"Muhammad is no more than a Messenger: many were the Messengers that

passed away before him.  If he died or were slain, will ye then turn

back on your heels?  If any did turn back on his heels, not the least

harm will he do to Allah; But Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly

reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude. [3:144]"

This verse was revealed when some of the companions ran away from the

battle of Uhud, when they falsely heard that Prophet was killed. Although

they were forgiven by Prophet later, but the above verse gives a

possibility that some of the companions may abandon Islam if the Prophet

(PBUH&HF) dies. But Allah (SWT) makes exceptions: "...those who (serve Him)

with gratitude." Again, Allah (SWT) states:

"O ye who believe! If any from among you turn back from his faith,

soon will Allah produce a people whom He will love as they will love

Him, --Lowly with the Believers, Mighty against the Rejecters,

fighting in the way of Allah, and never afraid of the reproaches of

such as find fault.  That is the Grace of Allah, which He will bestow

on whom He pleaseth.  And Allah encompasseth all, And He knoweth all

things. [5:54]"

• Advanced Member

As Salaam 3laikom wa Ra7matollahi wa barakato

Brothers and Sisters, I am new to the forum but I have to say something.

First I am highly disappointed at how some of us have cursed and said so much disguisting things on other muslims. No matter how good or bad they were, it is ultimatly up to Allah to decide, and if anyone pretends to know what will be the fate of such people then i assure you this is haram, because only Allah will give those recompense who were wronged and punish those who have done evil and pardon those whom he will.

Also, this is for Shi3 and Sunni. What is arguing about the past going to prove? Whats done is done. We can not do a thing to change that. All we can do is perform our duties as muslims and always remember Allah.

Should we curse those Shi3a who let down the Imam in kerbala? No, we shouldn't there is no use in these usless things.

Also my wife is sunni and she is very interested in Shi3a but when she sees things like people cursing sunni and saying all sorts of emotional charged things which have no merit, then what is she to think? All of those who did this is really showing poor akhlaq I am sorry to say :(

I hope I didn't offend anyone, but I just had to say something. I mean people talk about how bad those wahabis are, yet how are the people who say sunni should be cursed and all that other stuff any different from those chest thumping Wahhabi? Well with that said im off to bed, think im coming down ana bi bard

m3 as salaama

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

IAM_Dhul_Qurnayn:

"No matter how good or bad they were, it is ultimatly up to Allah to decide, and if anyone pretends to know what will be the fate of such people then i assure you this is haram"

----> Allah(swt) has already shown in Quran and Sunnah the fate of those who have hurt the Prophet(saww) and his family, that curse is bestowed upon them in this life and afterlife. So therefore, we are not cursing them just out of the sky, that is because the Quran has cursed them. And also Quran says "wa yal3anohom al-la3enon".

Do you curse Yazeed? if you do, then why if he is dead already? You basically are doing this as a symbol of innocience from Yazeed and his followers(today a lot are Yazeedis, and he is just an example we take).

"What is arguing about the past going to prove? Whats done is done. We can not do a thing to change that. All we can do is perform our duties as muslims and always remember Allah."

---> A lot can be proven by that: if suppose those Sunnis or whoever love Umar who follow his fabricated Sunnah, if we dont show the true character of Umar, how can they ever leave him? So we are responsible to show them the truth that who really was Umar. So his History is therefore important, if not for that we wouldn't be able to guide them to the true Sunnah of Prophet(saww).

So that is one of our duties.

Sorry if it hurt your feelings, but try to open your eyes more.

Wsalam

• Advanced Member
Also my wife is sunni and she is very interested in Shi3a but when she sees things like people cursing sunni and saying all sorts of emotional charged things which have no merit, then what is she to think? All of those who did this is really showing poor akhlaq I am sorry to say :(
  • Advanced Member

bismillah

Salamun 3alaykum,

Brother IAM_Dhul_Qurnayn, and all those who are relatively new to the school of thought of Ahlul Bayt, the Ark of Salvation, the Purified Vicegerents, those whom the universe was created for (33:33).

Rasool Allah pbuh has clearly stated and it is accepted by both sunni and shia alike, [b:post_uid0]"whomever angers me angers fatima, who ever angers me angers Allah swt".[/b:post_uid0]

Islam, that Rasool Allah pbuh taught to mankind, includes as a branch of religion, "the love for those that love Allah, and the hatred for those who hated Allah." It is no less than an order. Let me make clear, I curse the ENEMIES of, [b:post_uid0]Ahlul Bayt and the Righteuos Companions[/b:post_uid0], and so should our brethren from Ahlul Sunnah wal Jama3ah. Surely the enemies of my Prophet are the enemies of yours?

BUT, brothers and sisters, should a sunni be in our presence, we should refrain from hurting this persons feelings by showing a degree of respect to those whom they think are good people. For an example look at Sayed Sharaf al Din's respect for his sunni counterpart in "The right path - Muraja3aat". When he mentions Umar's name he says (ra) "may Allah be pleased with him". This aids the reader to look at your perspective from a neutral position, and deduct through logic who is right and wrong.

Believe me brothers and sisters, as much as we believe that we are on the right path, we are simply doing Islam a disservice by being arrogant about it,

[b:post_uid0]"Undoubtedly Allah doth know what they conceal, and what they reveal: verily He loveth not the arrogant."

-  An-Nahl 16:23[/b:post_uid0]

Yes, we understand the position of the enemies of Ahlul Bayt, but nobody ever succeeded in forcing the fact that so and so is an enemy of Allah. We know it, but they don't see it that way. [b:post_uid0]When you curse the companions in PUBLIC, they see that as a curse on all sunnis.[/b:post_uid0] Just try to imagine somebody cursing Imam Ali (as) may my life be sacrificed for the dirt on his feet.

Ensure that your method of delivery shows respect. My apologies to all the sunni sisters and brothers who may have been upset by such insults and curses.

Ali

Wa Salamun 3alaykum

Edited By abdul_hasnain on 1033537517

• Advanced Member

Karbala,

You can show someone the truth without being rude and harsh. That is my major point here. If you want to show people why we are shi3a and why we are on the right way, then okay that is fine but to be rude in the process only turns people away. However I do agree the history does play a role in how the two shi3a (shi3a abu bakr etc. and shi3a 3li) practice to this day. However we can do that with out digging up dirt, and showing somones root ie lineage and cursing and doing these things which show low adhab.

Zareen shokran jazeelan for the warm welcome :)

3bdul_Hasnain I think your the only one who saw my point ultimatly :) barak Allah feik

P.S.

Can anyone post what the Imam's and today 3looma have to say about these companions who are the center of these debates? Also can someone post what any of the 3looma have to say about cursing, especially Aisha, Omar etc. etc?

Not trying to be annoying just really would like to know

Edited By IAM_Dhul_Qurnayn on 1033563109

• Advanced Member

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Salaamun Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatohu.

I would just like to mention that MASHAALLAH most of the people contributing in the Shia/Sunni debates have debated in a respectable way without being disrespectful to their opponents and their arguments. Keep up the good work without being offensive to each other. May Allah SWT. forgive us all for our human weaknesses and Guide us all to the path of Allah SWT. Pleasure and increase our love of Prophet Muhammad SAW. the Ahlul Bayt A.S. and those who were Pious amongst the Sahaba Ikram. AMEEN SUMAMEEN.

Allah HAFIZ.

Your Shia Brother in Islam,

Shahid Abbas Bokhari.

The Lover of the AHLUL BAYT A.S.

• Veteran Member

Also, this is for Shi3 and Sunni. What is arguing about the past going to prove? Whats done is done. We can not do a thing to change that. All we can do is perform our duties as muslims and always remember Allah.

(salam)

brother IAM_Dhul_Qurnayn

1.Allah(swt) in the quran also brings out past histories for us, and we ask why. Firon did this and musa (as)  did this and musa (as)  was the righteous one and firon the cursed. WHY BROTHER WHY

2. This is a very delicate point, as i am in the same boat.

she respects the ahlul bayt (as)  tremendously, will listen to majalis, will do matam , will cry during muharram, but gets angry when people criticize and thinks it is jahilliya. but sister zainabia brought out an excellent point re the domian of knowledge. they are scared to criticize. i told her if someone wished ill of your son and did take steps to harm him and was an enemy to him, would you not criticize him, infact she would curse him. agrees but does not criticize. in short does not think enough deeply. brother it is very difficult to wash away the ingrained even if it is filth, and that is why the converts have a special place in my heart.

and i cannot stop because she does not wish to proceed, i have to continue my journey in the best of ways. may Allah(swt) show us all the light

a malang once told me a very knowledgeable point ie if one does not hate the enemies of the ahlul bayt(as) one is not a true shia. i could not have put it better

was salam

haideriam

Edited By haideriam on 1033597078

• Advanced Member

Asalaam Alaikum,

Firstly someone stated that No 2 was a homosexual.  I have read this from ans..ansar.com, anyhow abu lolo was a persion.

He was the slave boy of umar, and i think he use to not like being a slave boy :P if u get what i mean.  so he stabbed umar in the stomach twice.

We shias become so happy at this, but just remember that 12-20 of Imam Ali(sa) top companions were murdered just after this event.  They were blamed for this, because ppl wanted to hide what acts umar committed.

Anyhow, from what I remember, umar and abu bakr were not circumcised.  Sunnis have no evidence that they were.  Hence, until proven.....hehe

But we do have evidence that they were not, cos there was never any big ceremony for abu bakr circumcision, or umar circumcision.

I just thought I would get back at these people.  I hate it when they consider Yazid as muslim and then call Abu talib(sa)....whatever!

Tomorrow is the wafat of Hazrat Abu talib(sa).  18 bani hashim were martyred in karbala.  All 18 were from Hazrat!

This religion has alot to owe such a person.  indeed, Muhammad(saws) did not preach for a whole year and just cried for Hazrat!

Hai Hazrat!

Wasalaam

ya Ali Madad

• Veteran Member

(salam)

brother since you talk of janabe abu talib, let me add an urdu shaer for you

khud sae mansoob khuda nae hae kiya kaam is ka

masaafae pak ki surat ko diya naam is ka(ale imran)

shaane quran mae hae tahreer abu talib ki

kya biyan muj sae ho tahreef abu talib ki

some good urdu dan will translate it for us

was salam

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

IAM_Dhul_Qurnayn:

Our Ulama say nothing against cursing those who have hurt the Prophet(saww) and his Ahlulbayt(as).. Rather it is our duty to keep away from their enemies...

Even in many duaas and zeyarats that we read there are curses in them. If you read "Zeyarat Ashura" it is filled with curses on the enemies of Imam Husain(as), so is it wrong?

And at the end of the zeyara you say "Allahumma el3an al-awwal, wal-thani, wal-thaleth... O'Allah, curse the first(ex.abu bakr), the second(Umar), and the third(Uthman).."

And why are you saying it is rude to curse the enemies of Allah? is it rude you think? Is it rude to curse Saddam and Sharon? is it??

If not abu bakr and umar and their followers, Islam would've been united under one flag.. Why is it that people today wont realize that?

All the harm that is happening today has to do because of Abu bakr and Umar taking the Khelafah from Ali(as), and changing the future and seperating Ummah..

Quran is filled with curses on people.. So before blaming a shia to curse an enemy of Allah(swt), read the Quran carefully to see the curses inside them, so before criticizing me, criticize the Quran.

Quran is cursing Fir3oon, the disbelievers, the hypocrites(werent most so-called sahabas among the hypocrites?), and and and....

Cursing is basically means "taking Allah's mercy away from someone".. Nothing wrong with it. We didn't call them bad names or anything, rather just prayed to Allah not to send his blessings upon THOSE who have hurted the Prophet and his ahlulbayt.....

Or do you ask Allah to bless the enemies? You answer that :)

Wsalam

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

I'd like to add one more thing: Yes we respect our Sunni brothers and sisters, we wouldn't infront of them curse them because they are ignorant of the facts, rather we try to make them understand the true facts of those they follow.

But we cannot ignore the fact that they are the enemies of Ahlulbayt(as).

If it is going to hurt them today that they are cursed, then is it going to hurt them as well on Judgementday when they see them being cursed and...?

Wsalam

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum,

IAM_Dhul_Qurnayn:

Actually I think I get your point now :>

well, I dont think there is anything wrong with showing the roots of Umar, I didn't do it infront of Sunnis or in a Sunni forum(and i wouldn't do it), it was in a Shia forum, and we are on the same Aqeeda grounds.

But I do get your point, thank you.

Wsalam

• Advanced Member

would just like to say cursing is perscribed.

Swearing:

How can you swear at abu bakr and umar and uthman and muawiyah?

you'd just be telling the truth!

Ya Ali Ya Ali Ya Ali

I was not joking.  but no need to swear, this sunni I know use to cuss the 3 caliphs......hehe

My Grandmother use to say words I can't mention, she was sunni, but never disclosed she became shia!

I must admit, sunnis are good ppl, they have good manners and intent.  But boy do they turn on you when they find your a shia.

my family lost millions because of this, and being social outcast, but we have unlimited wealth in being close to wilayat.

Inshallah, sunnis wake up and lean soon!

wasalaam

Ya Ali Madad

• 10 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Basic Members

Khalifa Umar had a gay/homosexual guy at his home. Read the narration from Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 820:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The Prophet cursed the effeminate men and those
women who assume the similitude (manners) of men. He also said, "Turn them out of your houses." He turned such-and-such person out, and 'Umar also turned out such-and-such person.

• Basic Members
On 10/2/2002 at 8:21 PM, YaHussein said:

Salam Alaykum,

I'd like to add one more thing: Yes we respect our Sunni brothers and sisters, we wouldn't infront of them curse them because they are ignorant of the facts, rather we try to make them understand the true facts of those they follow.

But we cannot ignore the fact that they are the enemies of Ahlulbayt(as).

If it is going to hurt them today that they are cursed, then is it going to hurt them as well on Judgementday when they see them being cursed and...?

Wsalam

We should Respect ... I agree but we shouldn't be HYPOCRITE as hypocrisy is a major sin. If some one commit any crime he should be brought to JUSTICE and those who intentionally remained silent on injustice have same status .

• Basic Members
On 9/17/2002 at 4:35 AM, Saleh Ali-Sufi said:

Hazarat Umer Bin Khattab was a noble emirul-Mu'miniin! He is the one who helped the Messenger of Allah in sickness and in health! He is the one when He embraced Islam that Islam became strong! He is the noble One!

But he Does Not have the spirituall Secret like Imam Sayyadina  'Ali and Sayyadina Ebu Bakr ® had!  Here is some Breif information of the greatest persons of this world! Mainly Hezarat Umar Bin Khattab®

The Roots of the The Noble Companion, Emir El-Mu'miniin Umer Bin Khattab!

The exact date of the birth of Umar is not known. The concensus of opinion, however, is that Umar was born at Mecca around 580 A.D He was younger than the Holy Prophet of Islam by about ten years.

Umar belonged to the Adi clan of the Quraish. It was one of the ten clans of the Quraish who inhabited Mecca.

The pedigree of Umar was: Umar the son of Khattab; the son of Nufail; the son of Abul Uzza; the son of Riza; the son of Ribah; the son of Qurat; the son of Adi; the son of Katb.

The pedigree of the Holy Prophet was: Muhammad (peace be on him) the son of Abdullah; the son of Abdul Muttalib; the son of Hashim; the son of Abd Munaf; the son of Qussay; the son of Kulab; the son of Ka'b.

In the case of Abu Bakr and the Holy Prophet, Murrah in the eighth degree was their common ancestor. In the case of the Holy Prophet and Umar, Ka'b in the ninth degree was their common ancestor.

Among Umar's ancestors, Adi rose to prominence as a diplomat, and the clan came to be known after him. Whenever the Quraish of the day had to negotiate any settlement with any other tribe, Adi represented the interests of the Quraish as an ambassador. Even in the case of disputes among the Quraish themselves, Adi acted as the arbitrator. After the death of Adi the two offices of diplomatic representation and arbitration became hereditary in his descendants.

Umar's grandfather Nufail arbitrated in a dispute between Abdul Muttalib, the grandfather of the Holy Prophet and Harab bin Umayyah over the custodianship of the Ka'bah. Nufail gave his verdict in favour of Abdul Muttalib. Addressing Harab bin Umayyah he said:

"Why do you pick a quarrel with a person who is taller than you in stature; more imposing than you in appearance; more refined than you in intellect; whose progeny outnumbers yours and whose generosity outshines yours in lustre? Do not, however, construe this into any disparagement of your good qualities which I highly appreciate. You are as gentle as a lamb, you are renowned throughout Arabia for the stentorian tones of your voice, and you are an asset to your tribe."

This address is indicative of Nufail's skill in diplomacy and his highly developed sense of judgment.

Khattab the father of Umar was among the prominent members of the Banu Adis. The Banu Adis had some feuds with Banu Abdul Shams. The Banu Abdul Shams were stronger in power and position, and the Banu Adis as a safety measure had to seek alliance with some other clan. They allied themselves with Ranu Shams. On this alliance, Khattab composed the following verses:

"How can Abdul Shams still threaten us,

When other men of mettle espouse our cause?

In the halls of Banu Shams there are mighty warriors,

Whose hospitality and protection we enjoy."

The house in which Umar was born in Mecca was situated midway between Safa and Marwah. During the period of his caliphate, Umar had the house dismantled, and the site was turned into a camping ground.

Umar's mother was Khantamah who was the daughter of Hisham bin al-Mughirah. Al-Mughirah was a personage of high rank among the Quraish. In the event of war he marshalled the Quraish troops and led them to war. Hisham the maternal grandfather of Umar and al-Walid the father of the renowned General Khalid were brothers. Khalid was thus a cousin of Umar s mother and his maternal uncle.

Abu Jahl whose personal name was Amr bin Hisham bir al-Mughirah was a brother of Umar's mother, and his maternal uncle. One of the sisters of Umar's mother, Umm Salma was married to the Holy Prophet of Islam.

Umar had several brothers and sisters. The most well known out of these were: Zaid and Fatima. Zaid and Umar were step brothers, their mothers being different. Nevertheless the two brothers were devoted to each other. When Zaid was later martyred at the battle of Yamama during the caliphate of Abu Bakr, Umar was highly grieved. He used to say, "Whenever the wind blows from Yamama, it brings me the fragrance of Zaid."

Fatima was the real sister of Umar. She was married to her cousin Saeed bin Zaid bin Amr. She played an important role in the conversion of Umar to Islam.

Amr, a brother of Khattab was a paternal uncle of Umar. Zaid the son of Amr, and a cousin of Umar was among the distinguished persons of the Quraish, who before the advent of Islam gave up idolatry, and came to believe in the unity of God. Zaid was a poet. One of his poems reads:

"I believe in one God,

I cannot believe in a thousand gods.

I ignore the idols of Lat and Uzza,

A wise and cautious man can do no more."

Khattab the father of Umar persecuted Zaid for his religious beliefs. Zaid died before the Holy Prophet of Islam announced his prophetic mission. When the Holy Prophet proclaimed his prophethood, Saeed the son of Zaid who had married Umar's sister Fatima, was among the early converts to Islam.

Al-Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 114:

Narrated 'Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah: Ibn 'Abbas said, "When the ailment of the Prophet became worse, he said, 'Bring for me (writing) paper and I will write for you a statement after which you will not go astray.' But 'Umar said, 'The Prophet is seriously ill, and we have got Allah's Book with us and that is sufficient for us.' But the companions of the Prophet differed about this and there was a hue and cry. On that the Prophet said to them, 'Go away (and leave me alone). It is not right that you should quarrel in front of me." Ibn 'Abbas came out saying, "It was most unfortunate (a great disaster) that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise. (Note: It is apparent from this Hadith that Ibn 'Abbes had witnessed the event and came out saying this statement. The truth is not so, for Ibn 'Abbas used to say this statement on narrating the Hadith and he had not witnessed the event personally. See Fath Al-Bari Vol. 1, p.220 footnote.) (See Hadith No. 228, Vol. 4). 

Sahih Al-Bukhari …this event made Ibn Abbas cry

Volume 7, Book 70, Number 573:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
When Allah's Apostle was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet said, "Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray." 'Umar said, "The Prophet is seriously ill and you have the Qur'an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us." The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said "Go near so that the Prophet may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray," while the others said as Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah's Apostle said, "Go away!" Narrated 'Ubaidullah: Ibn 'Abbas used to say, "It was very unfortunate that Allah's Apostle was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise."

Sahih Muslim

Book 013, Number 4014:

Sa'id b. Jubair reported that Ibn 'Abbas said:
Thursday, (and then said): What is this Thursday? He then wept so much that his tears moistened the pebbles. I said: Ibn 'Abbas, what is (significant) about Thursday? He (Ibn 'Abbas) said: The illness of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) took a serious turn (on this day), and he said: Come to me, so that I should write for you a document that you may not go astray after me. They (the Companions around him) disputed, and it is not meet to dispute in the presence of the Apostle. They said: How is lie (Allah's Apostle)? Has he lost his consciousness? Try to learn from him (this point). He (the Holy Prophet) said: Leave me. I am better in the state (than the one in which you are engaged). I make a will about three things: Turn out the polytheists from the territory of Arabia; show hospitality to the (foreign) delegations as I used to show them hospitality. He (the narrator) said: He (Ibn Abbas) kept silent on the third point, or he (the narrator) said: But I forgot that.

Al-Bukhari.

Volume 1, Book 4, Number 148:
Narrated 'Aisha:
The wives of the Prophet used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).

Sahih Muslim

Book 025, Number 5356:
Abd Sa'id Khudri reported:
We were in the company of Ubayy b. Ka'b that Abu Musa Ash'ari came there in a state of anger. He stood (before us) and said: I ask you to bear witness in the name of Allah whether anyone amongst you heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Permission (for entering the house) should be sought three times and if permission is granted to you (then get in). otherwise go back. Ubayy b. Ka'b said: What is the iiiatter? He said: I sought permission yesterday from 'Umar b. Khattab three times but he did not permit me, so I came back; then I went to him today and visited him and informed him that I had come to him yesterday and greeted him thrice, then came back, whereupon he said: Yes, we did hear you but be were at that time busy, but why did you not seek permission (further and you must have never gone back until you were permitted to do so). He said: I sought permission (in the manner) that I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said (in connection 'With the seeking of permission for entering the house of a stranger). Thereupon he (Hadrat Umar) said: By Allah, I shall torture your back and your stomach unless you bring one who may bear witness to what you state. 'Ubayy b. Ka'b said: By Allah, none should stand with you (to bear testimony) but the youngest amongst us. And he therefore, said to Abu Sa'id: Stand up. So I stood up until I came to Umar and said: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) say this

• Advanced Member
On 11/1/2016 at 6:07 PM, Rohan said:

Khalifa Umar had a gay/homosexual guy at his home. Read the narration from Sahih Al-Bukhari

Volume 8, Book 82, Number 820:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
The Prophet cursed the effeminate men and those
women who assume the similitude (manners) of men. He also said, "Turn them out of your houses." He turned such-and-such person out, and 'Umar also turned out such-and-such person.

He turned out (means prophet [saw] turned out) and Umar also turned out such and such person from the area under their control during their leadership. The above hadith does not say that such and such people the prophet (saw) or Umar (ra) turned out were staying in their houses. you need to grow up.

• Veteran Member

Yet despite all this baggage Umar became the caliph who ruled without a personal bodyguard, no illegal wealth accumulation,  without any major revolts and remained largely immune from criticism from even the most staunchest supporters of his rivals and is still regarded as the one took the strongest stance against nepotism in the early caliphate.He must have done something right!