Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Al-qaida set for nuclear strike

Rate this topic

CIA:'Al-Qaida Set for

Nuclear Strike'

AL-QAIDA terrorists and their supporters are set to use nuclear, chemical and biological weapons in deadly strikes, a CIA report claims.

An internal report, apparently seen by The Washington Times, said the terror network plans to use unconventional weapons "to cause mass casualties".

It said that while "most attacks" by the group were likely to be small scale, extremists linked to al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden "have a wide variety of potential agents and delivery means to choose from for chemical, biological and radiological or nuclear attacks."

One goal of any attempted strike would be spread "panic and disruption," the CIA report said.

It also identified several deadly toxins and chemicals that could be used in attacks, including nerve gases, germ and toxin weapons, anthrax and ricin, and radiological dispersal devices, also known as "dirty bombs".

Al-Qaida is developing bombs with radioactive material from industrial or medical facilities, and an al-Qaida document found in Afghanistan revealed that the group had sketched out a crude device capable of causing a nuclear blast, the report said.

"Osama bin Laden's operatives may try to launch conventional attacks against the nuclear industrial infrastructure of the United States in a bid to cause contamination, disruption and terror," the report said.

According to the report, al-Qaida and other terrorists could also produce what the CIA called an "improvised nuclear device" capable of causing a nuclear blast.

Terrorists could produce a nuclear device in three ways, including a bomb made from "diverted nuclear weapons components," a nuclear weapon that had been modified, or a new, indigenously designed device, the report said.

The report also raised the spectre of another strike from the air. It said both Mohamed Atta, ringleader of the September 11 hijackers, and Zacarias Moussaoui, who is on trial in the US on charges related to those attacks, "expressed interest in crop dusters," raising fears that al-Qaida was considering using aircraft to spread biological warfare agents.

Edited by RevolutionaryGuard
Guest Old Marine Vet

Revolutionary Guard,

I think even the neo-commies and the militant muslims here are a little afraid of what you have to say, you're even too whacked out for them!

• Advanced Member

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. Is it that the US intelligence is completely wrong? Intelligence-gathering is obviously a spotty business.

I guess the point is that the US government is trying to keep Americans in a state of fear? I think it is more for cover-your-ass reasons than preserving fear.

Logically, fear chills consumer spending. It is not in the interests of a Republican administration to act in ways that will ultimately damage the national economy.

I think even the neo-commies and the militant muslims here are a little afraid of what you have to say, you're even too whacked out for them!

Old marine pet, my beloved sister, why should they be afraid of what i say, i speak the truth, the only people that should be afraid of me is the right-wing fashist opresosr like you :shaytan: .

as i said before, i am here to terminate your ass, once achived i will go, and leave the people here in peace. There will be no peace as long as you r here, same goes to US patriot and the other right-wing bandits

• Advanced Member
PEACE

I JUST DID IT DAM IT :angry:

salaam alaikum

OK firts of all: EXCUSE YOU <_< I don't know where you are from but around this forum disrespecting a sister is not an option.

Secondly: Most people will reference writer, news agency, and possibly even the date of an article. Or link to the article so that we can see who and where it is coming from. With the way you post articles it at first seems like you are just writing a commentary on something.I gave a couple examples below for ya.

By Hanson Hosein

NBC NEWS

JAYUS, West Bank, June 3 — Even as President Bush engages Israeli and Palestinian leaders in a new round peace talks, Israel is busy building what it calls a “separation fence” around the West Bank, highlighting the barriers that remain between both sides.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/921474.asp?0sl=-11

wa salaam

aliya

• Advanced Member
Revolutionary Guard,

salaam alaikum

Pray tell Old who are you calling a militant muslim?

wa salaam

aliya

Guest Old Marine Vet
Old marine pet, my beloved sister, why should they be afraid of what i say, i speak the truth, the only people that should be afraid of me is the right-wing fashist opresosr like you  .

as i said before, i am here to terminate your ass, once achived i will go, and leave the people here in peace. There will be no peace as long as you r here, same goes to US patriot and the other right-wing bandits

Right wing facist oppresser?

Yep that's what the other three guys in my foursome call me when I hit a good drive 270 right down the middle!

Sonny, in a battle of wits, you have brought a pocket knife to a gun fight!

Guest Old Marine Vet
QUOTE (Old Marine Vet @ Jun 3 2003, 08:32 PM)

Revolutionary Guard,

salaam alaikum

Pray tell Old who are you calling a militant muslim?

wa salaam

aliya

Certainly not you or Roya, and a few others, the rest, well they could play the bad guys in the next Chuck Norris movie the way they talk!