Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ya imam mehdi

Burial place

Rate this topic

Salam,

Inshallah you all have a long life and bright future. But i was wondering have any of you gave a thought to being buried in Najaf when the time comes???

I put it in my will..so inshallah the commandments of my will, will be fulfilled :).

Does anyone know exactly what it entails to make these arrangements??? I know i could ask the sayid at my center but just wondering if any of you knew. Thanks. Wasalam.

Well..  I already have a grave in Najaf, with my name on it :)  It's a part that my grandfather owns (him being a grand son of a great 3alim)

No, you dont have to be Iraqi, but its very very expensive.  We're talking around $10,000 just to get the body there.

Well..  I already have a grave in Najaf, with my name on it :)  It's a part that my grandfather owns (him being a grand son of a great 3alim)

No, you dont have to be Iraqi, but its very very expensive.  We're talking around $10,000 just to get the body there.

786-110

Salamon alaikom,

My Grandfather is buried in wadi-salaam and he is 100% lebanese. So there is no need to be an iraqi, or anything like that, brother is most correct, it cost big bucks, so i suggest u only do it if ur family is gonna be left with a lot of money, the last thing you want to do is burden them with paying a wad of money just so that they can fulfill your final wishes.

As for marrying an iraqi (do it only if you're iraqi as cultural differences make affect your life, NB I'm not suggesting that Iraqi women are deficient on the contrary they are loyal and compassionate)

i'm gonna marry an iraqi so i can be buried in najaf.

إِنَّ اللّهَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَواْ وَّالَّذِينَ هُم مُّحْسِنُونَ

Anyway, I don’t think it really matters where you are buried because all soul of good and pious shias will eventually be taken to Najaf when they died.

They only thing about spending $10K is that sometimes the living need this money more than the dead and it's not a bad idea to give something to charity.

Salam,

Interesting you bring up those points. Because my husband told me that if i were to die before him i wuld be placing a hardship on him. Even tho he would be collecting life insurance money on me.

So I had a friend ask the reps of Sayyid Sesstani if I have that right to make such a request even tho it might  put a hardship on my husband. He said it is ok if I continue with my plans. Allah knows best  :)

$10,000.00 i'm assuming Iraqi money right??? Does anyone know what that would be in american money??

Wasalam

probably one us $

there are certain conditions for a moumeen to be buried in najaf/karbala...please do ask your resident aalim for advice.

without doubt the pious moumeen will be with the commander of the faithfull on the day of resurection wherever they may be buried.

Let's not forget Airfare, which is more for a dead body. And the airfare for your family that will come for the burial. It's expensive.

There's are stories of people buried in one place that ended up in Janataul Baqi. So, if you don't have the means, Allah has those means.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Guest YA ZAHRA

Salaam

It maybe the case that u fly to Jordan and take a car to the iraqi border. Inshaallah u have a long life and iraq will be liberated before that!

Actually Inshaallah we get to see Najaf before we die!!!!  :)  :)  :wee:

wasalaam

Edited By YA ZAHRA on 1031280072

salam

my great grandfather had his i think 12 sons grab their guns and take his dead body to najaf, now nobody knows where he is lol.

me i want to be with IMAM KHOMEINI (as)

and his SON (as) , or just blown into peices INSHAALLAH.

Edited By sag_IMAM-REZA on 1031283811