Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
amazing wonders by allah

Need info fast - Fagr or dawn?

Rate this topic

salaam 2 you all,  I have only a limited amount of time on the internet but there is something I need to knoe fast.. I am usually not this inpatient but I am confused. I was looking at the prayer schedule @ www.islamichouseofwisdom.com and I realized that it has 2 times. 1 for fagr and one for dawn. Can anyone tell me No#1- Do we pray Fagr at Fagr or At dawn and/or No#2- Do we start fasting at fagr or at dawn? Please explain why there are 2 times in the prayer schedule.

Assalamu alaykum sister,

You pray your Fajr prayers at Fajr.. And you can only pray you fajr prayers until sunrise.. After sunrise it then becomes qada..

In regards to the time for Dawn.. If you are to fast for that day.. You are meant to start fast from Dawn..

I hope this makes sense.. And may Allah (swt) forgive me if I am wrong.. I will make an attempt to get you more information.

wa alaykum assalam

Khoder.

To the best of my recollection in the Ja`fari Fiqh it is not haram to say salat (Mustahab or Qada) from surise to noon. However, I came across a hadith attributed to our eighth Imam al-Ridah (a) which discourages saying of salat at the exact timings of sunrise and sunset. In the `Ilal al-Sharai` of Shaykh al-Saduq it has been stated that it is better not to say salat at the [exact] timing of sunrise because the timing is said to be associated with shaytan (La yanbaghi li-ahadin an yusalli idhaa Tala`at al-shams li-annaha taTla` bi-qarnay shaytan). However, when the sun has risen and settles it is all right to say mustahab or qada salat.  (`Ial al-Sharai`, Najaf, 1966, p.343).