Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
tendersoul

Do you exercise? - Is physical fitness important to you?

Rate this topic

Salam to all,

we all know the importance of spiritual development, but is exercising and physical activity important to you as well?...I was wondering how many of you'll pay attention to physical well being and fitness. Unfortunately i don't see many muslims participating or engaging them selfs in any sort of physical program...I'd like to get an honest feed back from you all...

God bless..SALAMS

I Excersize for medical reasons .... Physio Therapy ... also at home . We have a treadmill , a rower , 2 excersie bikes and we have one stepper but grrrr it got broken because of one of my brothers overweight friend .. grrrrr . Mashallah , hehehh .

Anyways , i use them alot , but ive been lazy these days so ... not much .

Salam Sis AlShe3eyah..

I'm pretty new to this forum..but from what i have read from your posts...i have come to know you as a.. vivacious, cheerful, witty and sweet natured person...god bless. It's great you workout for what ever reason..pray that god blesses you with great health..ameen..by the way lil tip.. Try to avoid stepper..it ruins your knees..i used to to use the stepper alot..and got knee pain..and had to wear a knee brace to continue working out...good luck and be safe anyway :)

Try to avoid stepper..it ruins your knees..i used to to use the stepper alot..and got knee pain..and had to wear a knee brace to continue working out...good luck and be safe anyway :)

Salam alaikum,

About knees...your knee tendon's probably got injured because they were not strong enough and not warmed up.  Before exercises that involve bending of knees, which is most exercises,  you should warm up.  Warm up by jogging slowly, and also stretch, and massage your knee tendons.  All around your knee you should gently massage the tendons to loosen them up.  If they're stiff , there's a high chance of pulling them too hard and injuring them causing knee pains.

Also for anyone in a winter climate, during cold weather knee ligaments and tendons get really tight, and cold/stiff.   This is bad for the knee's, you should try to keep them warm.  Cold stiff knee's is where you get a high chance of injuring them.  If you jog for a while and do some exercises such as moderate squats, to strengthen the area around the knee, the muscles around the knee will aid the tendons.  Through time your tendons will heal too, and you wont need a knee brace.

repeated bending of knees past 90 degrees or even near 90 degree's does stress your knee out badly.  So stair climbing is stressful on the knee's, however if your muscles around get stronger it'll help.  Stick to other forms of leg strengthening until your knee's get stronger.  Ok forgive my run on sentences....it's late lol

salam.

Guest 72-1028076446

Salam sister interesting question

nice poll

oh yah I exercise, I have to you know

I exercise, cuz it feels great I guess, kinda takes ur strees away too

I go jogging, I have bowflex at home its nice allright,, and i have couples weights

and I do pusshups and sit uups, so i am glad my body is in good shape,

and i have to keep it in good shape, I have problems with having a bad shape lol

can't stand it

but any ways yes I love exercise

take care

hizbullah4life

My husband just got one of those for me.

oh uh.. did you take it the wrong way?

"HONEY?? SO U THINK IM FAT DONT YOU"

As for me, the only part of my body that gets excersize is my fingers when typing.  starting this semister, its gonna be all weight-lifting again like the goold old days.  This time it's free at the university :D

Saalams

I'm a sports freak...I go to the gym almost everyday for about 2 hours...luv it...but u know what i HATE..I look like a fool all sweaty and covered from head to toe while the girl next to me is wearing next to nothing.

ma'salama

Maryam

Assalamu Aleykum to all. Inshallah u r al in the best of health and imaan.

wel to be honest i kinda get lazy bout it. ;)

but in the past, wen i was playing for the bball team in my school, the year which i won the Most Improved Player. :P, i used to work of course other wise i would not be able to play. howeve, that was the only reason for me exercising, i also had a love for it, for i used to like to be build and stuff. loool

but now i dotn care that much about, mailny i have become lazy. looooool but since schoool is staritign time to get back to business. :D

anywas take care ya'll

wasalaaam :)

p.s. btw bro mujahid and abas and those who claim to now how to play bball (alshe3eyah ;)), i have got 3 tropies. i wonder how much u guyz have? looooool

i am really interested in finding out how much bro mujahid has? :P

take care guyz

love ya alllll :) :) :)

Edited By shiaofhussayn on 1031005730

Guest 72-1028076446

whats up shiaofhusayn

hey man you know I aint got no trophies, every team I played for I ended up quitting cuz of some racist arssssssss couches

piss mee oh I was like keep ur game and shove it in ur face

man our couch use to be so fat lol

he is gonna make a slave out of you,

I was like man, why don;t you a lap around the gym once lol

that [Edited Out] got mad, he started benchin me

any ways man

peace

hizbullah4life

salam 2 you all,  Does raising doughnuts to your mouth count as weight liftin? lol Actually I have a membership to a gym that has women 3 days of the week and men 3 days it is closed on Sunday. I like it because I can swim and excersize without wearing my hijjab. anyhow I paid like 800.00 for my membership but I think it is worth it..The hard part is getting motivated but I am taking Exinadrine and it seems to be helping.. I hope that is halal.. I never asked about it.Does anyone know?

salam everyone,

i think excercising is pretty important...i took a fitness class in da summer n now im takin [b:post_uid0]*drumroll plz*[/b:post_uid0]....AKIDOOOOOOOO!!! [b:post_uid0]*hiyaaaaaaa* *punch* *kick*[/b:post_uid0]  :D  :D

salamz

well you see, if you don't excersize right, you're harming your body right. and in the qur'an it says you're not allowed to harm your body. so if you're not following the qur'an you're going to hell. salat is not really excersize, it's like stretching, so don't try get out of that one...lolol

Imam Khamana'i goes mountain walking on a regular basis. He emphasises the importance of exersize.

So i hope everyone excersizes, if not, you're going to hell.  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hell's not a nice place.

Bismillah..

Assalam Alaikum everyone,

Insha'Allah you are all in the best of HEALTH and Iman.

LOOOL br Ya Aba 3abdillah, so funny what you said.  I almost laughed out loud, and that would've been embarassin in the comp lab :s hehhhe

Anywayss.. I'm a runner.  Always been a runner always will be a runner, Insha'Allah.  I love to run.  But what I like more is to see the shocked expression on the sister's faces :D  hmmm I was like the fastest girl in my school back in seventh grade.  I think my timing was 14 or 15 secs to runn.. ummm I donno whatever is the length of a football field. not so bad for a girl. hehe yup so I try to run..well jog at least 2 miles at least.. on treadmill of course, cuz runnin in abaya wouldn't look quite proper :D

oo yea nd I used to go to an all ladies gym.

k that's it, take care everyone, and be safe, wasalam Alaikum

Does raising doughnuts to your mouth count as weight liftin? lol

That was so cute! LOL :)

I work out 2 to 3 times a week. My dad bought us a Treadmill which happens to be in my room, so i have to use it, or else it'll just sit there and haunt me as if it's trying to cry out USE ME! And now that i started school again, i'll have another 2 hours of gym every week.

Yep, so that's about it...

salamz

well you see, if you don't excersize right, you're harming your body right. and in the qur'an it says you're not allowed to harm your body. so if you're not following the qur'an you're going to hell. salat is not really excersize, it's like stretching, so don't try get out of that one...lolol

Imam Khamana'i goes mountain walking on a regular basis. He emphasises the importance of exersize.

So i hope everyone excersizes, if not, you're going to hell.  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  hell's not a nice place.

salamz

So i hope everyone excersizes, if not, you're going to hell.        hell's not a nice place.

I so wish you dont become a marji3!

LOL gud one bro ali... :P  :P  :wee:

but i so agreee with da author of dis article a gud point...i have noticed dat too...geez i  think muslims shud be active n shud look gud inside n outside...not for nyone but for themselves.

I agree with the fact that salat is a great exercise (Alfajr salat is very important as you start your day withan early warmup).

One scholar has mentioned that final Tasleem (when you turn your head to the right then to left) can help you prevent R. Arthritis!!!! May be, who knows???!!!!

Some times I eat alot and I feel tired, it feels just like after exercising...lol

Peace :D