In the Name of God بسم الله
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Trouble'.
The search index is currently processing. Current results may not be complete.
Im having trouble eating halal and staying away from music! I cant find halal meat except for lamb and its expensive Stores that sell it i cant get to them and im addicted to music, what should i do?
Salam Alaikum, I am going through a very difficult phase in life and I request all of you to please make Dua for me. Please keep me in your duas and pray to Allah (SWT) to relieve me of this problem behaqqe Sayyeda (as) wa Abeeha wa Ba'luha wa Baneeha (as). Ameen. Ilahi Aameen. JazaakAllah Khair. Wsalam, Your sister-in-faith
(salam) brothers and sisters I've come back to SC after a long time to ask for prayers and Dua for my brother, who was discovered to have a tumor and must therefore undergo surgery. Please pray that the tumor is not a malignant one, and that he is as good as new once this ordeal is over and done with. Also, keep me, my mother and my father in those prayers too as we are all very shaken up by this, since this truly is a strenuous test from Allah SWT. Thank you Fi Amanillah
(salam) As most of you know (for those who don't, see here http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235003120-request-for-dua/ ), my family is trying to have my brother treated for a tumor. But today, things are looking a little grim. My father just talked to a doctor on the phone, who's also from Pakistan like us, therefore a lot more understanding and amiable. The doctor has given us some dire news as far as finances are concerned. He says that my brother's insurance agency (being the douchebags they are) will only pay for his treatment (that also 80% of the cost) if he is admitted on something called the "inpatient" basis (those of you currently practicing medicine, please clarify what this means), despite having claimed earlier on that they would pay for it unconditionally. So here's two roads in front of us, one of which will have to be taken depending on the Cancer Hospital's decision. 1. My brother is admitted on "inpatient" basis, and insurance pays for 80%. The rest of the money (approx. US$20,000/-) falls on us, and for our standards of income, that's still a big amount, but we can manage somehow. 2. My brother cannot be admitted on "inpatient" basis, and we have to arrange for a lump sum of US$100,000/- before the hospital can operate on my brother. (that's about a ridiculous ONE CRORE RUPEE sum...) This decision will be made within the next 2 hours, so I need prayers that it's road #1 that we are forced to take. Now to the topic at hand: If we have to go down road 2, I've been contemplating the amount of debt and responsibilities falling on my family, and I've been thinking of extending my sabbatical from college to at least another 6 months. I have a year to go before I get my degree. Here's two benefits that we can derive from this decision:- 1. There will be no cost of attending college this semester, and we can save thousands of dollars. 2. If I help out my father with his business, we can do fairly well and probably pay off all debt within 3-4 months. It is also likely that I can expand his business from a proprietorship to full-fledged corporation (I asked my cousin about this, and he said that the only way to expand a small business like my father's is to have people focus on sales, and your father is basically a one-man team). The drawbacks are as follows:- 1. My graduation is further postponed, and my father has the greatest issue with this. One of his life's foremost wishes is that I graduate from college and succeed, and he has said countless times that no matter what obstacle comes our way, I must complete college and stand up on my own feet. Obviously I will have to argue with him about this, that sometimes life forces us to forfeit and forego some of our deepest desires etc. but Allah SWT always opens up other doors when one door closes. 2. I probably will be stuck in Pakistan for quite some time. There is a small likelihood that I may not return to the USA if I become settled in my father's company, and make a strong stand for both of us. The main issue is basically #1. So I ask, which route should I take? Should I go back to college and finish it as soon as possible, adding more to my family debt (I already owe the goddamn university US$22,000/- in loans anyway...)? Or should I stay back, and bring up my father's company, but adding to the depression of my father that I could not complete my degree on time (or possibly at all)? Thank you for taking the time to read this overly long post. Once again, please pray for my family. Fi Amanillah.
Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.