Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Fakeha reacted to starlight for a blog entry, The Divine Obligation to Combat the Self (H1-5)
1. Imam Jafar al-Sadiq(as) said that the Holy Prophet(pbuh) dispatched his soldiers to battle to fight the enemy and, upon their triumphant return said: Greetings on those who have successfully carried out the 'Minor Combat' (jihad al asghar), but have yet to engage themselves in the 'Greater Combat'. He was asked: 'O Prophet of Allah! What is the 'Greater Combat'?' To which he replied: 'Combat with the Self' Al Kafi, v.5, p.12, no.3.
2. Imam Jafar al-Sadiq (as) said : Take responsibility for your self, for if you do not no one else will. Al Kafi, v.2, p.329, no.5.
3. Imam Jafar al-Sadiq (as) said to a man: Indeed you have been made the doctor of yourself, the ailment has been made manifest to you, you know the marvel of health and have been shown the cure, and yet look at how you treat your soul! Al Kafi, v.2, p.329, no.6.
4. Imam Jafar al-Sadiq (as) addressed a man saying: Consider your heart to be a kind friend and a dutiful son, and your knowledge a father whom you can follow, and your self (nafs) an enemy that you fight and your wealth a destitute woman whom you would repel. Al Kafi, v.2, p.329, no.7; al Faqih v.4, p.294, no.889.
5. The Holy Prophet(pbuh) has said : The truly powerful person is the one who has conquered himself. al Faqih, v.4, p.272.
Fakeha reacted to starlight for a blog entry, The Divine Obligation to Combat the Self (H6-10)
6. Imam Jafar al-Sadiq(as) said: He who does not have a preaching heart, a reproaching self and a guiding friend will be easily overcome by his enemy. Al Faqih, v.4, p.287, no.862.
7. Imam Jafar al Sadiq(as) narrated on the authority of the Imams before him that Holy Prophet (phuh), in his advice to Imam Ali(as0 said: O, Ali, the best thing about self struggle is when a person wakes up with no desire to wrong anyone. Al Faqih, v.4, p254, no.821
8. Imam Jafar al-Sadiq(as) said: He who has complete control over hismelf (nafs) when he desires something as well as when he fears something, when he is angry as well as when he is pleased, Allah prohibits the fire of Hell from touching his body. Al Faqih, v.4, p.286 , no.856 ; Thawab al- Amal p.192, no.1
9. Imam Ali (as) said: The Prophet dispatched his soldiers to battle to fight the enemy and, upon their triumphant return, said: Greetings on those who have successfully carried out the 'Minor Combat',but have yet to engage themselves in the 'Greater Combat' He was asked: O Prophet of Allah! What is 'Greater Combat', To which he replied: 'Combat with the Self' And the Prophet (pbuh) said: The best combat is the combat of one who fights his inner self. Amali al Sadiq, p.377, no.8; ma'ani al-Akhbar, p.160, no.1
10. Imam Ali (as) said: The warrior is the one who combats his inner self. Al-Majazat al-Nabawiyyah, p.201, no.157
Fakeha reacted to starlight for a blog entry, Faith Assigned to the Face and Heart of Humans
Imam Jafar al-Sadiq(as) said, in a long tradition, that Allah has enjoined faith (iman) upon the limbs of the son of Adam, and has distributed it and divided it evenly between them, and every single limb has been assigned a different portion of faith particular to it. I will divide the long hadith into smaller parts to narrate the duties of each limb.
The portion of faith with which the heart has been charged is to affirm, to know, to conclude a contract and willingly to admit and submit that there is no being worthy of worship but Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, the One and Only, who has no partner, the One God, who has taken neither wife nor son, and that Muhammad is His servant and messenger(pbuh). And it is to attest to every prophet and divine scripture that Allah has sent down. This affirmation and knowledge is the duty of the heart, upon which Allah has made it incumbent, as He has said in His Book:
'Not he who is compelled while his heart is at rest on account of faith' -16:106 and
'Now surely by Allah's remembrance are the hearts set at rest' - 13:28 and
'Those who say with their mouths "we believe" , while their hearts do not believe' - 5:41 and
' Whether you make manifest what is in your hearts or hide it, Allah will call you to account for it; then He will forgive whom He pleases and chastise whom He pleases' - 2:284
So this is the affirmation and knowledge of faith that Allah has made incumbent upon the heart and that is its duty, and it is the fountainhead of faith.
He has made incumbent upon the face to bow down in prostration to Him in the night and in the day at prayer times, about which He has said:
'O you who believe! Bow down and prostrate yourselves and serve your Lord, and do good that you may succeed' - 22:77
This is a joint duty on the face as well as the hands and the feet, for He has said in another verse:
'And that the parts of prostration are Allah's, so call upon not anyone with Allah....' - 72:18
Fakeha reacted to Hameedeh for a blog entry, Thinking Positive
Stress is always there and everyone has it. I know you are stressed out, because that is how life is. It is always like that. It seems so intense when you are going through something stressful. Later when you look back, you will marvel at how you survived. Stay strong. Allah is always with you.
♥ May your days be sunny, your nights restful, and your heart satisfied with the blessings that Allah has given you. Think Positive. ♥