Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sunni ahadith literature is almost entirely copied from the Jewish lore; Mahmud Abu Rayya (d. 1970), in his 1958 book titled “Lights on Muhammad’s Sunna” (ar. Adwa’ ‘al al-sunna al-muhammadiyya), argued that “many supposedly authentic Sunni Hadiths were actually Jewish lore that had been attributed to Prophet Muhammad.” Source: Jeffrey T. Kenney, Islam in the Modern World, Routledge (2013), p. 21. The earliest Western scholar to note a relation between the Sunni ahadith and Jewish influences was the French Orientalist Barthélemy d’Herbelot (d. 1695), who “claimed that most of the six books (the most important Sunni hadith books) and many parts of the Sunni hadith literature were appropriated from the Talmud“, and later many others, like Alois Sprenger(d. 1893), Ignaz Goldziher (d. 1921), etc continued in such direction ; a more elaborated study was “Al‐Bukhārī and the Aggadah” by W.R. Taylor, who “appropriated some of these hadiths from al‐Sahih of al‐Bukhārī and some haggadic texts from the Talmud and Midrash. Taylor compared these hadiths with the texts, and concluded that these Sunni hadiths were appropriated from the Talmud and Midrash. Afterwards, he also said that there were many narratives in the Sunni hadith literature in general, especially in al‐Bukhārī, that were taken from haggadic literature. He then studied the ways of and how these Jewish narrations were transmitted to Sunni hadith literature. He concluded that a large amount of the oral information, narrations, stories, and folkloric information entered in Sunni Islamic literature in general, and hadith literature, in particular, during the transcription of the Talmud and Mishnah and after the formation of hadiths via the Jews living in the Arabian Peninsula, as well as the church fathers and Christian community.” Source: Özcan Hıdır, “Discussions on the Influence of the Judeo‐Christian Culture on Hadiths” in The Journal of Rotterdam Islamic and Social Sciences, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2010, pp. 2-5 With the help of Jewish Torah, people such as Ka’ab “al-Ahbar” issued fatwas on behalf of Mu’awiya, Umar and Uthman. Al-‘Allama al-‘Askari (رحمه الله) pointed out that stories of the Jews, praises of the People of the Book, and praises of Jerusalem found their way into Islamic sources through Ka’b al-Ahbar. (See; ʿAskarī, Naqsh-I aʾimma dar iḥyāʾ-I dīn, vol. 1, p. 494.).
  3. This is a very sad situation. The man is a clown and he is quite conscious about his provocations. He does it only to piss off people. He knows that a lot of young people with low self discipline act violently. The consequence is that Muslims come across as trouble makers in the media while his blasphemy is called freedom of speech. Unfortunately the situation in Denmark is quite toxic right now. There is an increasing number of people who wants to kick all Muslims out of the country. I sometimes I feel that converting to Islam in this day and age is just as bad timing as converting to Judaism in Germany in 1933. I think the Islamophobia in the west has been consciously cultivated. It did not exist 30 years ago. The attacks in 9/11 2001 plays a big part and so does Wahabi/Salafism because that has become synonymous with Islam in the western media. Of cause I can't prove it, but to me it looks like someone is trying to make a divide and rule policy where they can make people afraid of someone else beside the greedy, corrupt and vain politicians.
  4. @Ashvazdanghe what about the narration by Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in this link https://www.al-Islam.org/kamaaluddin-wa-tamaamun-nima-vol-2-shaykh-saduq/chapter-47-narration-regarding-dajjal-anti-christ
  5. So is the Dajjal confirmed as authentic in Shia hadith? Is greater emphasis on Sufiyani than Dajjal the individual? I understand Dajjal is both a system and a physical individual who is one eyed. (It makes sense as Jews are still waiting for the Messiah, having rejected Eesa (عليه السلام), so will be among the first to follow the Dajjal). Is Dajjal not going to be the biggest fitnah/test? Does Dajjal count as a "major sign" in Shia sources?
  6. Welcome to this site, my friend. I have read the three synoptic gospels and the Acts several times because in my Catholic school, they were part of my school curriculum. On my own, later in life, I have read all five books of the Pentateuch and a few others after those five books. I had planned to finish the whole Bible but I was caught up with other things and left it at that. In India, where I originally come from, though I don't live there any more, there is no dearth of Bibles. We also have a significant Christian population there.
  7. Good family viewing (ok there's a small element of gore). There's a plot, a decent script whose language idiosyncrasies synch with the fact that people in the future don't all speak the same as we do, acting that helps you suspend disbelief, set design and props that create their own world. Pretty good all in all and its an independent production.
  8. On April 23, 2019, after tortures the Saudi regime beheaded around 40 innocent Shia Muslims. One of the victims was a respected Sheikh Mohammed al-Attiyah who served as an informal leader of the orthodox Muslim community in Jeddah.
  9. Also I’m sure you would have heard about Abu Sufyan bin Harith. He was a cousin of the Holy Prophet S (not to be confused with Abu Sufyan bin Harb, the father of Muawiyah the rebellious and the grandfather of Yazeed the apostate - curse of Allah on all three and the three). This Abu Sufyan bin Harith (ASH) was from the children of Hashim, was the same age as the Holy Prophet, he and the Prophet were close buddies growing up. But when the Prophet called his people, foremost his family towards Islam in an exclusive invitation, he was among the first ones to oppose the Prophet. He was a famous poet too and much of his works included poems against Islam and against the Prophet, many of which are still available to read. He kept himself in his ignorance till the time the Prophet secretly made his way towards Mecca which ended in the conquest of the Holy city and the eternal fall of paganism from Ka’aba. While the Prophet was making his way towards Mecca, he came and visited the Holy Prophet and sought forgiveness of the Prophet through the intercession of Hz. Umme Salama (the 2nd most favourite wife after Khadija AS and another cousin of the Prophet, she was a Hashemite too). The Prophet didn’t forgive him for a long time, so much so that whenever he used to show up, the Prophet used to turn his face away from him. When Umm Salama implored on his behalf, the Prophet S very grievingly told her how much his opposition had hurt the Holy Prophet all these years. This kept going on, to the extent that throughout the Meccan March, ASH would show up in the morning and sit himself in front of the tent of the Holy Prophet till the evening in the hope of gaining forgiveness of the Prophet, only to be rejected from redemption. Till the time came that the war of Hunayn happened only few weeks after the conquest of Mecca. Hunayn was fought after the warriors of Taef thought of ambushing the Prophet while he was still in Mecca and hadn’t fully consolidated his control on the city and the vicinities. In the heat of the battle of Hunayn, when all of the Ashab fled, and the Prophet remained shielded by only ten or so warriors of Banu Hashim against the thousands of adversaries, the Prophet noticed an unidentified warrior accompanying him on the side of his horse, his face hidden in the helmet, protecting the holy Prophet valiantly and selflessly from the assaults of the warriors of Taef. When the Prophet asked Abbas, his uncle, who that masked soldier was, the person took his helmet off and immediately kissed the shoe of the Prophet as the Prophet was sitting up high on his horse. Sure enough it was the same Abu Sufyan bin Harith, his cousin... the Prophet forgave him at that moment and he read his Shahada in front of the Prophet while being in the battle. The Hunayn ended and the Prophet returned victorious. This ASH moved to Medina later as the Prophet returned to his city after finishing off with the affairs of Mecca and Taef. He lived for another few years after the demise of the Prophet. In his last days, when he was in his 70s, people found him digging his own grave in the graveyard of Baqi predicting his own death in a few days. Sure enough, soon after he was done digging his own grave, he passed away and was buried there, and was washed and shrouded by the Banu Hashim who had been living in Medina at the time, including the Ahlul Bayt of the Prophet. Contrast this with Abu Lahab, who was the uncle of the Prophet and was one of the sons of Abdul Muttalab. The reason I recounted this story is to make a point that more likely what you meant was that redemption is possible, and we are and remain the same species, and have capability to transform ourselves (inner selves) from a beast to a human and back depending on our aqeeda and actions. Allah knows best. Fateha for ASH.
  10. When I started to look into Monotheism about 30 years ago I read the Bible and the Qur'an synchronously. Both books stand side by side on my bookshelves. I also read passages form both books along side other religious literature in my university studies on comparative religion.
  11. America very quickly offered to go and help to get a foothold on the island as one of the ports is on a 99 years lease to the Chinese. The sea lanes and the Belt and Road spanner works along with the usual suspects.
  12. Hello, I’ve read a few parts, and have it in my home, it was gifted to my sister, by a close friend of ours. It’s also available in Iran, there are also churches, constructed in the Safavid era, by the fair Shi’ite king, Ishmael:
  13. Today
  14. My condolences to the victims of the bombings in Sri Lanka. No one deserve to be killed in the middle of prayer. Whether Christian, Muslims, Buddhist, Hindu or any other religion. It looks like that the perpetrators was Muslims inspired by or under the influence of Wahabi/Salafi ideology. These attacks look very similar to what the takfiri groups has been doing in Iraq and Syria. This makes me wonder what these people are thinking. How do they justify killing innocent people in the middle of prayer let alone blowing themselves up in the process? Have these people not read the Qur'an? Who came up with the idea that it was OK to commit suicide while killing others? Apparently their motive would have been a "revenge" for the Christchurch massacre in New Zealand. But how does that make sense? If two wrongs make a right does two rights make a wrong? The effect of such a revenge would much likely be polarizing the communities and inspire yet more people to make similar atrocities. Why does these groups want this polarization? I wouldnt be surprised if they did this under the influence of their financial backers in Saudi-Arabia and in the Trump administration. I wouldn't be surprised if Bolton made the completely illogical claim that Iran was behind it. Only to justify animosity towards Iran and to boost the American arms industry.
  15. As salaamun aleikum, Im X Catholic/Christian and attended Catholic school up til 4th grade. Ive read the Old and New Testament numerous times. I have a few different Bibles in my book collection , a concordance, as well as a small pocket size copy I keep of the New Testament in my vehicle. It was given to me in a parkinglot one day by a little old lady As others have mentioned, Psalms and Proverbs as well as specific sayings attributed to Jesus(عليه السلام) throughout the New Testament are my favorites. W/s
  16. How are you able to learn so many languages and read complex text on top of that? How many hours of learning is involved and how long has this taken you? This is probably the most impressive thing I have seen in language ever on this forum.
  17. I have read the Bible in its entirety in English once and often am reading sections of it due to my studies. I study various classical languages which were important Biblically, including the languages the Bible was written in. I hope to read the Bible entirely in the languages it was written in soon. And since I live in Canada, Bibles are very easy to get (including in Latin, Hebrew, and Greek, though, unfortunately for me, not in Syriac, Ge'ez, or Coptic).
  18. Murtaza1

Ghost

That's right. I know about the Valley of Peace where our soul gather until the day of judgment, it is the location in the massive graveyard in Iraq. According to Imam Ahmad Rida Khan who was a Sunni scholar souls of the deceased visit their houses they stand at the door and say, ‘Is there anyone who remembers us? Is there anyone who has pity on us? Is there anyone who mentions our poverty?’. It appears in Fatawa Ridawiyyah, vol. 9, pg. 654. Do we jave anything like that in Shia Islam or do we not believe in the soul visiting their houses on Earth?
  19. Lol what? It’s actually the Sunni way of being. Cursing till nowadays Abu Lu'lu'ah for killing a tyrant, but saying that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) forgave Ibn Muljam because “people make mistakes.” The concept of taking care of the weak and excluded is very important in orthodox Islam, that’s why in Iraq the religious institutions take care of hundreds of thousands of widows, orphans and the elderly. That’s how it is, that’s why so many Sunnis become Shias, Ahmadis, Christians, Atheists or Agnostics. In Iraq, they even become Zoroastrians in thousands. Children don’t choose, they are mislead by the ignorance of their parents and the influence of the outside world. The orthodox Islam, as practiced by the Twelver Shia Muslims, is the only truthful and pure way of any religion in this dunya. A parent should actively talk and engage with their kids on religious themes, so they wouldn’t grow up to be easily deceived “culturals” on whim the ignorant pray.
  20. Hello. You can find them in the 43rd volume of Biḥār Al-ʾAnwār and here. Best regards, Simon.
  21. I don't think I've seen a more toxic site than Twitter, a so called Muslim dude got exposed for being a predator and Twitter exploded.
  22. OrthodoxTruth

Ghost

Subhanallah, but they do not “hunt the living” like the Christian ghosts. That’s what I thought..
  23. This was a controversial thing and some disagree with the election of Sayyid Khamenei for the position of the leader. They raise an argument that there were way more knowledgeable people of the ulama to take over after the demise of Ayatollah Khomeini (may Allah bless him). Sayyid Khamenei, at that time at least, was supposedly only a Hujjat al-Islam, so the election itself was de facto invalid because according to then constitution, shortly afterwards amended, the leader could only be a marja’ “or paramount in fiqh”. Hence why the Sayyid pointed out at that particular moment that he wasn’t knowledgeable enough. The rest is history.
  24. Ashvazdanghe

Ghost

It's not done immediately it's in narrationn that until burying of body finishes soul will be around dead body & after it will enter to grave for answering questions also it narrated from Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that souls of all belivers after death will go to 'Wadi AL Salam' in kufa & they are with each other until judgment day & souls of sinners will go to 'Barahoot' in yemen It mostly comes from movies
  25. Murtaza1

Ghost

I can’t remember now but its probably not true then I mean that jinns imitate ghosts because some people may falsely believe in ghosts so jinns manipulate them by pretending to be ghosts. I have come across such examples when entities say things such as they are the diceased soul of a previous home owner. I am sure I have heard in Islam that some souls can visit relatives on Earth on Thursday or Friday night and we should pray for them.
  26. OrthodoxTruth

Ghost

Which people state that? The Christians? I doubt it came from scholarly, orthodox Islamic sources. Souls can’t visit anyone on Earth as clearly indicated previously. If you associate ghosts with jinns, then you are very mistaken for the simple fact that ghosts do not exist, while jinns are a real entities.
  1. Load more activity