Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @AStruggler yeah just quoting some hadiths from that book in case peope are lazy to open up the link. It's amazing how our Imams (عليه السلام) knew how this issue will affect our communities and hence they addressed it. The Prophet of Islam has said: “When the child reaches the age of seven years, arrange a separate bed for him."1 Imam as-Sadiq narrates from his ancestors: “The women and children of ten years must have separate individual beds."2 "If a mother rubs her body against the body of her own daughter, she is doing a sort of molestation."3 “A man should not kiss his six year old daughter, and a woman should not kiss her seven year old son." 4 "For the psychic welfare of the children, we should not expose our bodies to them. Sometimes the children might peep through the crevices in the bathroom door while we are bathing. or changing our clothes. We must ensure that the children don’t develop such habits."
  3. It is sad the cultural vilification wolves (and sharks) get, especially in European folklore which contributed to their persecution and near extinction. It was only later many realised their presence in the food chain was beneficial for eco systems and the environment (less grazing, destruction of plant wild life, etc). They were successfully reintroduced in Yellowstone. There is also debate to gave them back in Scotland, which has not yet materialised. Such beautiful, misunderstood creatures.
  4. Today
  5. I thought it would be nice to share this part of a book here as it contains advice and information from Ayatollah Ibrahim Amini. The information the Ayatollah presents here is the type of information that if followed and applied, such horrific incidents can be prevented inshaAllah. I highly encourage everyone to check it out and especially parents (this whole book is about parenting children and definitely worth checking out!). Some of the ahadith quoted here are really eye-opening. The ahlul bayth have really given us instructions on how to be successful in every corner of life and prevent all kinds of harms from coming our way. https://www.al-Islam.org/principles-upbringing-children-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/chapter-71-gender-problems
  6. Can anyone advise on how to see a therapist/go to counselling without anyone finding out?
  7. Salam. What happened to you was an injustice and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows that you did not deserve what he did to you. Yes, I know someone who was sexually abused by a cousin when she was 4 years old and she suffered a lot of mental pressure thinking about what happened and wondering if she said or did anything that caused that to happen to her. For months at a time she would block "the event" from her mind but at least once or twice a year she would get anxious if her family traveled to her grandparents house, because her cousin might be there, too. So once again she would remember what happened when she was 4. She did get married and have children, however she was very protective of them and would never leave them alone with anyone who might harm them. He most definitely remembers that he hurt you, unless he mentally blocked it from his mind. I hope that you are not still living with him! How old are you now?
  8. Irish Muslim convert: Qur'an has logical answers to fundamental questions May 20, 2019 - 7:03 PM News Code : 942917 Source : IQNALink: A Muslim convert from Ireland said he has found logical answers to life’s fundamental questions in the Holy Qur'an. Speaking Saturday night at a program at the Rahyaftegan (those who found the right path) Section of the 27th Tehran International Qur'an Exhibition, Ahmad Jones said the Qur'an tells one what the purpose of life is, what humans’ responsibilities are and how social relations should be like. As for his familiarity with Islam, Ahmed said he first learned about the religion in a trip to Tunisia at the age of 10. His visit coincided with the holy month of Ramadan and the spirituality of the month and people’s compassion and kindness touched him at the time, he said. Years later, making friends with an Iraqi classmate encouraged him to learn more about Islam and ultimately become a Muslim. http://en.abna24.com/news//irish-Muslim-convert-Qur'an-has-logical-answers-to-fundamental-questions_942917.html https://rahyafteha.ir/en/ http://www.shiafrica.com/news/en
  9. Whew! Thanks for sharing. I hope we will never know what hell is like! Blessings, MartyS
  10. Thank you so much! There are people on google literally saying universe is infinite because of some sort of potential Vs actual infinity concept and I did not get anything they said as I am a MATH HATER , so this explanation is way way easier to understand , thank you for making it easy. God bless
  11. Thank you for your kind words and your questions. Yes, I believe we worship the same God. We know Him differently, but we love Him with all our heart and mind and soul. I see that. And I feel that. I believe we would die for our love of God. I don't understand why He reveals Himself to us differently. But that is His business. How can we the clay say to our Maker, why do You make me like this, and my friend like that? Speaking from my own personal life-experience, I loved God as a child (I even wanted to become a nun). But I realize now that I didn't know Him as my Lord and Savior. When I became a Christian, my entire life changed, and I knew then that I was going to go to heaven. Before then, I was very much afraid of dying, and was very afraid I would go to hell. What if I had died before I was 22? I do not know, but God does. Peace and grace, MartyS P.S. After signing out, I was reading the Bible just now and read these words. This is very encouraging to me concerning the ultimate plans of God... "And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again." - John 10:16-17
  12. Your problem is that you expect Allah to help you with everything in this life in a way you imagine He should. That is not going to happen. Unless there is no place in the afterlife for you. I used to think and expect like you do until I read a book, by Sulaym bin Qays. In it I read a long hadith which explained that the highest level of hardships in this life befalls the persons of highest ranks in faith, beginning with the Prophets and Imams and then their foremost followers. It explained that always when a Prophet was sent to the people there were always two kinds among people, one who accepted the message and believed, and those who did not believe or only pretended to believe. So then Allah would empower the other kind and give them all the things life has to offer while eliminating their place in the afterlife as these hypocrites and unbelievers ruled over with injustice or oppressed or killed the believing folk. The believers would lose their sins and become pure as a result and their sins are carried over to the unbelievers. There are also plenty of other hadiths supporting the main theme of this. For instance believers would get worried if no hardships would befall them for a while. Think about that.
  13. Salaam Sister, I also wanted to tell you, like the many other users here who have already told you, that you are innocent and not at fault. You were young and didn’t know what was going on. Your having no knowledge of the matter was taken advantage of and you were tricked into it. Please do not be so hard on yourself and treat yourself as impure because you are not impure. You are pure. I pray that things get better for you InshaAllah.
  14. Congratulations to ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors from May 1 to May 15! @Propaganda_of_the_Deed @aaaz1618 @Ibn al-Hussain @Islandsandmirrors @Zellali @7ssein @Shia farm girl @realizm @Ibn Al-Shahid @ali_fatheroforphans @Ali~J @Faruk @SoRoUsH @AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola
  15. hi we don't believe to second death but we believe people in hell will suffer with physical body that will burn or torture in different ways & their body destroys but rebuilds to experience all punishment again & again so they will be in eternal separation from God/Allah mercy with experiencing every type of torture again & again and will eat worst type of foods that hurts them that is another type of punishment & people in paradise will be with best type of their body that will never destroy or fill harm that Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said to question a Christian about eating in paradise & how people will digest food and their body will become ready for next meal that Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said after digesting heavenly food in Paradise it comes out body with sweating & people can eat again.
  16. Photos: Iftar Banquet at Hazrat Masoumeh (SA) Holy Shrine http://en.abna24.com/news//photos-iftar-banquet-at-hazrat-masoumeh-sa-holy-shrine_941958.html May 16, 2019 - 6:52 PM News Code : 941958 Source : ABNA24Link: Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Holy Shrine of Hazrat Fatima Masumeh in Qom every night hosts thousands of fasting people for Iftar banquet during the holy month of Ramadan. Photos: Iftar Banquet at Al-Askarian (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine May 18, 2019 - 5:01 PM News Code : 942319 Source : ABNA24Link: http://en.abna24.com/news//photos-iftar-banquet-at-al-askarian-as-holy-shrine_942319.html Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Al-Askarian (عليه السلام) Holy Shrines in Samarra every night hosts thousands of fasting people for Iftar banquet during the holy month of Ramadan.
  17. Wolves are not dogs even though they look similar. And I haven't read a hadith declaring them najis. Also some may be surprised to know that wolves do not consume human flesh even if available, unless properly starving. Whereas people who die alone in their homes are often found half eaten, eaten by their pet dogs and cats, leaving only the hands that fed them intact.
  18. Alhamdulilah, In the end or shall we say in the beginning also, what were numbers? If Allah says be and it is! What was the need for any numbers? Numbers aren't even infinite since there was only Allah before everything.
  19. Hi, Ashvazdanghe, I understand. We don't either. For me, to live is Christ; but to die is gain. I agree... We know that physical death will come to us all, and it is not to be feared. But spiritual death will be eternal separation from God, the "second death." I believe that we share a love for Revelation... Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. - Revelation 20:6 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20:14-15 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." - Revelation 21:8 Grace and peace, MartyS
  20. I read that vinegar in water was an organic herbicide alternative so I tried it, to no luck. Did not use table salt because the soil here is already alkaline enough. Then I employed someone to physically remove the knee high weed grass growing by a wall and so many different kind of little weed plants popping up all over in my garden. There is so much and such different variety of weeds here sometimes I think there must be medicinal benefits of at least some of them, or why else would nature grow them everywhere despite repeated removal? I know its the birds and air carrying and dropping all its seed but I find it annoying. Things I plant are so delicate already and then these come in as an enormous competition and nuisance. But I do not use roundup. When I'm bothered enough I will build a portable blowtorch.
  21. My understanding, and I'm a poor mathematician but a semi-acceptable observer, is that numbers are finite and beyond the highest number, we are just dealing with symbolic representations and theories. A googolplex is finite, beyond the finity of numbers mathematicians use things like Aleph-0, which I know nothing about other than it's not a number, I can't buy Aleph-0 boxes of Barfi and its usage is probably not useful to explain anything beyond theory. To the human mind, while we like to think of infinite quantities, we cannot comprehend let alone write down what an infinite number looks like without resorting to using something that doesn't even resemble a number anymore. Does the human need to know the existence of 999 duotrigintillion googolplexes? Not really, and such figure has no significance other than comparison and theory. Are 999 duotrigintillion googolplexes even a correct number? I wouldn't know, and most people wouldn't, because we have finite understanding and there is no proof that numbers are infinite, we can theorise, but that wouldn't be answering your question. So really, according to the realms of the human mind at least, numbers are finite, and I think that suits humans just fine. Now, if you'll all excuse me, I need to go count some sheep... One, two, three, fou...
  22. Allahumma salli ala muhammadiw wa Ali muhammadin wa ajjil faraja hum Rabbinee lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqir Audhu billahi minash shaytanir rajeem Astaghfirillah Ya Allah, protect my sister from further harm and abuse
  23. Photos: Humanitarian crisis in Yemen http://en.abna24.com/news//photos-humanitarian-crisis-in-yemen_942915.html May 20, 2019 - 6:58 PM News Code : 942915 Source : ABNA24Link: Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Sources affiliated with the Yemeni Ministry of Health announced that the United Nations did not attend the relevant requests to provide the urgent medical equipment needed by the Yemenis. Referring to the 300,000 Yemeni patients who need treatment outside of the country, they said the closure of the Sanaa airport killed more than 30,000 patients. Israeli forces detain six Palestinians in West Bank raids http://en.abna24.com/news//israeli-forces-detain-six-palestinians-in-west-bank-raids_942922.html May 20, 2019 - 7:30 PM News Code : 942922 Source : Wafa NewsLink: The Israeli army detained last night and early this morning six Palestinians during raids at their homes in the West Bank, said the Palestinian Prisoner Society. Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The Israeli army detained last night and early this morning six Palestinians during raids at their homes in the West Bank, said the Palestinian Prisoner Society. It said the army detained an 18-year-old Palestinian from Kufr Malik village near Ramallah and a 22-year-old man from Aroura, also near Ramallah. The army also detained one person from Silat al-Harthiyeh village near Jenin, one from the village of Tayasir near Toubas and two from the Hebron district. Photos: Iftar banquet beside destroyed houses in Gaza http://en.abna24.com/news//photos-iftar-banquet-beside-destroyed-houses-in-gaza_942597.html May 19, 2019 - 4:39 PM News Code : 942597 Source : ABNA24Link: Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Iftar banquet beside destroyed houses in Gaza.
  24. Ayatollah Noori Hamedani: US is frailer than ever/don’t link all problems to sanction http://en.abna24.com/news//us-is-frailer-than-everdon’t-link-all-problems-to-sanction_942592.html May 19, 2019 - 3:59 PM News Code : 942592 Source : RasaLink: He described the status of the US and its regional mercenaries as declining and added, “In the hope of defeating Iran, the US has entered the field employing all its powers and means, however it will never attain what it desires, as now it is frailer than ever.” Omani FM in Iran to discuss regional issues http://en.abna24.com/news//omani-fm-in-Iran-to-discuss-regional-issues_942883.html http://en.abna24.com/news//iranian-nation-has-stood-tall-against-aggressors-for-millennia_942872.html http://en.abna24.com/news//pres-rouhani-no-power-higher-than-our-nation-young-generation_942867.html May 20, 2019 - 6:03 PM News Code : 942883 Source : IRNALink: Omani Foreign Minister Yusuf bin Alawi bin Abdullah arrived in Tehran on Monday to discuss regional issues.
  25. I asked a scholar about this. He said All three are correct but have different backgrounds/reasons. 1. This is most natural sounding to Arab people in their everyday language. But is technically incorrect from tajweed point of view. But this is how an Arab would speak normally. (Din-wa) 2. This is correct from tajweed point of view and is the best/proper way to read it. (Diw-wa). However Arabs do not speak like this normally in their everyday language. 3. This is not wrong but not recommended either because we should not separate Muhammad from Aale Muhammad. (Muhammad wa Aale Muhammad)
  26. Great video. He also explains why we shouldn’t say the third version of the Salwat I wrote above.
  1. Load more activity