Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'm not only pinpointing these two tragedies, this applies to all tragedies everywhere. Our reactions should be consistent. Maybe hypocrisy is too strong, because much of the time it isnt malicious or intentional. Perhaps a 'double standard' would be better. I didn't suggest we had any of that. But why only have either extreme? Why either be completely silent (or very quite in comparison to other tragedies that seem to hit closer to home) or completely condone and celebrate such atrocities? Why can’t we, as Shia Muslims show the world how neutral we are, and how the Ahl Al Bayt would have responded to such atrocities? Why not Express just as much sympathy for both? Yes, as humans we will be affected by the NZ event more than Sri Lanka, but we need to be conscious as to the effects of remaining silent as to them. We need to show we don't stand for the killing of Christians just as we don’t stand for the killing of Muslims. We all know none of us condone these atrocities, regardless of the victims. But some will take silence or less outcry as acceptance and celebration, even if it's the complete opposite. We have a duty to correct those misconceptions.
  3. Thank you Team members. We appreciate you. @Ashvazdanghe @starlight @notme @Gaius I. Caesar @Abu Hadi @root @Hassan- @Reza @Ibn Al-Ja'abi @Sirius_Bright @Abu Nur @Qa'im
  4. Today
  5. I sometimes chat with the Sunnis on their board After the Sri Lanka bombings, there was only one post about the incident, and it looked almost celebratory. No words of condemnation, concern, or outrage. Simply "look how many people were killed!" naturally, that same board was filled with outage for days over New Zealand, and even included calls for violence. Now there are moderates over there who obviously don't support any of this, but they remain quiet while the hateful extremists spout out their propaganda. This is the problem within Sunni Islam right now--the bad guys get all the press, while the good guys remain quiet out of fear. One guy made a remark that was basically "doesn't the west know that we're not allowed to copy the enemy in their evil"? To which I replied "what do you mean by 'we'"? a subtle thing here, but just one word tells you everything you need to know. The guy was basically saying the barbarians who blew up churches in Sri Lanka were "our guys". I can tell you that as a westerner, the psycho who shot women and children in New Zealand was not one of "our guys" --only criminals or racists would identify with that guy. Another guy on the Sunni board remarked "I don't entertain the idea of repeating the same naiveity of the Native Americans with the whole "Kind, polite" behaviour nonsense with Europeans" Which is basically a way of saying all Europeans are genocidal imperialists who deserve violence against them. It is alarming to see the Wahhabist/Jihadist mindset so entrenched in the minds of some of these people. The "us vs. them" narrative. I don't see any of that here.
  6. To each their own then. Why Ahmednijad would want to Tweet about things like this makes no sense to me. That Twitter handle has tweeted about everything from U.S. College Football to Tupac lyrics. I've scrolled through his Tweet history and found nothing to convinvce me that its a handle worth follwing anyway. Javad Zarif is the only one people should be following for the Irani position on anything of actual value.
  7. Article from 2 years ago, which corroborates BBC News stating he joined in 2017: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/ahmadinejad-banned-twitter-Iran-now-hes-tweeting-his-comeback Ahmadinejad banned Twitter in Iran. Now he's tweeting his comeback Some experts believe the social media drive may behind long-term plans to get back into the presidential seat
  8. My goodness, how times have changed in the U.S. You show this to a woman nowadays and you'll be lucky if a dry look is all you get. I showed this to my wife and her first reply was..."sure, I'll quit my job and do all of this, how does that sound?"...not sure if she was being sarcastic or honest... but something like this is a reflection of how times have changed in the U.S....however, we do need to consider that there are parts of the world where this is normal. What happens in the West doesn't happen in the East. A lot has to do with the educational and career opportunities available to women now. Still, a person's reaction to this is an indicator of how Conservative (they'll agree with the picture as being proper and the way it should always be) or Liberal (they'll disagree with the picture as being arcane and misogynistic). Oh, and they'll go out of their way to defend their "opinion" with data and evidence. Either way, I wish a warm meal was ready when I got home and the house was clean...but I'm of the mindset that having a warm meal and a clean house is as much a part of my responsibility as much as its my wife's since she works as well. Growing up with a Mom who had a career and marrying a wife who has a career created this opinion for me. I encourage the same for my daughter as well. In all fairness, I spend just as much time yelling at my kids to do the dishes, fold the laundry, mow the lawn and clean the house as anyone else.... I'm a well balanced lazy bum.
  9. No news or other searches relating to Ahmedinejad and Twitter yield anything suggesting it is a pardoy or fake account. Even BBC News has a 2018 article on his account: https://www.bbc.co.United Kingdom/news/world-middle-east-46037819
  10. Verified on Twitter doesn't really mean much to be honest. A verification only involves basic steps... Updated profile with bio, profile pic and a header picture. Verify email address and/or telephone # Set Tweets to "public" Make sure your profile relates to your "business" (entertainment, industry, etc...) Send to Twitter for verification. So you see it doesn't take much to get that blue verification logo next to your name. Any Tom, Dick & Harry can get one if they want. Besides, never trust anything on Twitter. With the amount of Bots on there nowadays, Twitter is a means of manipulating the masses with propaganda more than anything else. Anything on Twitter needs to be taken with a grain of salt, its the biggest weapon used to swing public opinion (specifically for elections...that's how Trump won the election, how Brexit passed a referendum vote & how Modi won in India). https://www.symantec.com/blogs/election-security/spot-twitter-bot Twitter is heavily weaponized right now. Worse than Facebook I would say. Also, think about it. Why on Earth would Ahmednijad tweet about Nipsey Hussle? It makes no sense. None at all.
  11. Pakistan could face Sanctions after Iranian Visit - let the oil smuggling begin ! President of the Islamic Republic of Iran and Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan issued a joint statement and stressed that the border between the two countries should be border of peace and friendship. http://en.abna24.com/news//two-countries’-border-should-be-border-of-peace-friendship_938058.html
  12. She gave you the answer that you do not like. She hurt you, but it's over. Remember there are plenty of Muslim girls who would treat you better because they have good manners and are not selfish. In order to get over her, keep reminding yourself that she does not care about you. Being married to her and living with her would have been a nightmare, with her being upset with you on a daily basis unless you agreed to her every whim. Allah saved you from such a life. Take this disappointment like a man and be strong. Have patience.
  13. Dogs are not clean, it is scientifically proven. Their saliva carries many pathogens.
  14. No one is encouraging others here to keep dogs inside the house.
  15. This is really interesting. The Sahara has a lot of ancient water under it. http://www.oxfordpresents.com/ms/nance/water-in-the-sahara-desert/
  16. I mowed the lawn for a half hour, and left a section incomplete. I'm having a really hard time finding the motivation to go back out and finish it. Also, I dug up a bunch of bamboo shoots, so another goal today is to trim, prepare, and can some bamboo shoots. It's terribly labor intensive for a low nutrient food, but I guess it's worth it since one of my people likes them. I might look into the feasibility of making craft paper from the "skin". I have a friend who scrapbooks and makes her own paper. I suppose talking with her would be a fun and pleasant third goal for today, and can be used as motivation for me to finish the first two.
  17. @Hameedeh Wikipedia has the full text. Also, Wikipedia confirms that it's a hoax. It's clearly meant to be "shocking" but it's really not that bad for the most part. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Wife's_Guide Edit: actually, it's not exactly the same. It's quite similar and I only noticed because it isn't the same number of points. Several versions exist.
  18. On my phone, the image of "The good wife's guide" is the only part I could see because the image is too small for me to read. If you can't see the image clearly, look at it by using another device. On my computer, I was able to view the image clearly.
  19. Guest

ShiaChat Dogs Fanclub

Why is there a fan club for dogs? Read these hadiths: إِنَّ جَبْرَئِيلَ ع أَتَانِي فَقَالَ إِنَّا مَعَاشِرَ الْمَلَائِكَةِ لَا نَدْخُلُ بَيْتاً فِيهِ كَلْبٌ‏ وَ لَا تِمْثَالُ جَسَدٍ وَ لَا إِنَاءٌ يُبَالُ فِيهِ. The Gabriel came to the Prophet and said: We angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog. يُكْرَهُ أَنْ يَكُونَ فِي دَارِ الرَّجُلِ الْمُسْلِمِ الْكَلْبُ. It is discouraged for a Muslim man to have dog in his house. لَا خَيْرَ فِي الْكِلَابِ إِلَّا كَلْبَ‏ صَيْدٍ أَوْ كَلْبَ‏ مَاشِيَةٍ. There is no benefit in dogs, except in hunting and as shepherds مَا مِنْ أَحَدٍ يَتَّخِذُ كَلْباً إِلَّا نَقَصَ فِي كُلِّ يَوْمٍ مِنْ عَمَلِ صَاحِبِهِ قِيرَاطٌ. Whoever keeps a dog loses a little portion of his good deeds everyday لَا تُمْسِكْ كَلْبَ‏ الصَّيْدِ فِي الدَّارِ إِلَّا أَنْ يَكُونَ بَيْنَكَ وَ بَيْنَهُ بَابٌ. Do not keep your hunting dog in your house except there is a door between you and him. The fatwa of Ayatollah Seestani (rahimahullah): Question: Is it permissible to keep a dog as a pet in my house? Answer: It is better not to, and its preferable to choose another animal as a pet, as a dog is ritually impure (Najis) according to Islamic law, and thus it would cause one to live with considerable difficulty. It's also been mentioned that prayers in a place with a dog around is abominable (Makrooh).
  20. Does Fitra (“innate disposition”) encompass all aspects of usool al-din or is it only tawhid and the differentiation between right and wrong? So if a baby is not influenced by the people around him which of the following will he accept: Tawhid Adl Nubuwwa Imama Qiyama? I have heard a few isolated tribes believe in monotheism which is quite interesting.
  21. You may like to see analysis for this hadith as mentioned below. It may give you a better understanding of the facts:
  1. Load more activity