Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thank you sister for your thoughts. I agree with you. Sidenote. I have not stopped using the chat because I feel it is haram hehe.. I simply don't have time.
  3. I've already gone over this narration twice, and mentioned that its matn alone is nonsense and contradictory against plenty of other authentic narrations on Muta'a. This narration originates from Nawaadir of al-Ash'ari (أَحْمَدُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى‏). It is not found in any of our main four books. Neither Kulayni, nor Toosi, nor Saduq have placed it in their books. As far as I know the tareeq of Nawaadir cannot be established. So, in other words, although the narrators of this chain are acceptable, the book itself is questionable. This narration is also from Nawaadir, and it is not found in any book from Kulayni, Toosi, Saduq, or Mufid. Plus, the thiqa of القاسم بن محمد is clearly established. He's a Waqifi. And yet again, this narration is from Nawaadir, and not cited in any of our four books or by any of our classical scholars. (I.e. Kulayni, Toosi, Saduq, or Mufid.) Plus, both عبد الملك ابن عمر and محمد بن مروان are majhool. I'm sure you can notice a pattern here. All of these unacceptable narrations originate in the book of Nawaadir. Nothing similar to them is found in any other classical hadith books. No classical scholar cites these narrations in his book(s).
  4. Today
  5. These countries, especially Pakistan, are being influenced by western cultures. I think this leap can be attributed to social media and technology. Such negative elements that effect moral behaviour are slowly being introduced into their culture. It is so easy to do so through technology nowadays, everybody seems to have a mobile phone and internet access. Thirty years ago people there were living lifestyles that predated twenty years but now they have caught up with the rest of us in the west. Some even influence us. I find some people from the east are a lot more into haram behavior than westerners who are actually embracing Islam. Yes its true that alcohol is slowly becoming the norm in Pakistan. To be honest most westerners find such people from the east strange, especially their perspectives of social class and preference for lighter skin. Westerners like slightly darker skins and love going to the beach. White people tell me they think they look ugly in colourful clothes but they admire my dark skin tone. Tanning creams are a big business in the west while skin whitening creams are popular in Pakistan. Sorry I'm being a bit out of topic here but I'm giving you an insight which is all related to this topic. You can imagine the future.
  6. @silasun (seems he has changed his user name) @IbnSina @hasanhh are some of the members at the top the list I would like to meet.
  7. What the enemies do against Iran today are their last resorts of enmity Distinguished masters, reciters and memorizers [huffaz] participating in the 36th International Qur'an Competitions met with the Leader of the Islamic Revolution—Ayatollah Khamenei—this morning April 15, 2019, in a gathering of bonding with the Holy Qur'an held at the Hussayniyah of Imam Khomeini ((رضي الله عنه).). In this meeting, the Supreme Leader of the Revolution stressed that the Holy Book of Islam, the Qur'an, is the book that leads mankind to worldly and heavenly bliss and held: The Qur'an is the book of prosperity and bliss in this world and the hereafter, provided that we act based on its principles. The Qur'an says, “stern to the disbelievers;” [Qur'an; 48:29]. Some Muslims forget that, like those Muslim countries who compromise with the U.S. and the Zionists, to shed the blood of Palestinians and violate their rights. They abandoned being “stern to the disbelievers” [Qur'an; 48:29] and they became servants of the disbelievers. Today, the officials of many Muslim states represent examples of that. Ayatollah Khamenei criticized Muslim states that engage in wars against their Muslim brethren and asserted: Another group has forgotten the principle of “compassionate among themselves” [Qur'an; 48:29]. They reject and excommunicate [takfir] the believers in Allah, the Qur'an, and the Ka’ba. When “compassionate among themselves” is abandoned, internal wars may arise. You see the current situation in Yemen and Syria; Yemen has been bombarded for 4 years now. Those who bombard Yemen are Muslims in appearance, but they do not show mercy to Muslims. The Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution praised those who gave their lives for the sake of Allah as role models for selfless volunteering and maintained: The Martyrs have taught us many lessons. The initiative taken for providing relief for the victims of the recent floods in Iran is what the martyrs have taught us. The great movement of the people from different regions towards the flooded areas is an extraordinary phenomenon. The people and youth go there and along with the young local people contribute to the relief operation using their physical strength, facilities, and money. Ayatollah Khamenei described Iranian nation’s devotion to volunteer in helping the flood victims as a lesson learned by the martyrs of the 8-year Sacred Defense and added: The great movement which is taking place is rare in the world: that the people take the initiative to assist those in need is a lesson from our martyrs. During the 1980s and the Sacred Defense also the young individuals took to the fields with the same enthusiasm and sense of self-sacrifice. His Eminence called enemies’ hostile measures against the Islamic Republic as futile and counterproductive by saying that: What the enemies do against Iran today are their last resorts of enmity. The sterner they become against us, the stronger our willpower will become; the more they intensify their measures against us, the more powerful we will become; the more furious they become at our commitment to Quranic teachings, the more our reliance and commitment to the Qur'an will become. Reliance on and sticking to the Qur'an will bring us bliss, strength, and dignity. The full text of the speech will soon be uploaded on the website. http://english.Khamenei.ir/news/6632/Normalizing-relations-with-the-Zionists-is-blatant-violation
  8. There is no halal way for people of the same sex to have an intimate relationship. A man and a woman can make mistakes and sin but they can get married and ask for forgiveness. Openly being gay and not repenting is an act of kuffar. It's like saying I don't read salat even though I know Allah has commanded me to. And I don't care and Islam should accept it. At that point I'm out of Islam.
  9. No. All we know is that he didn't need it. We can make a generalization and say that some people do not need Muta'a. What we can't do is to give a reason as to why he didn't need a Muta'a. That narration does not give us a reason. To say he didn't need it because he was married or could get married is an assumption. In fact, this is precisely what I said before. "All we can say is that for that person that the Imam (عليه السلام) was talking to, it wasn't needed. All we can conclude from that is that sometimes, for some people, it's not needed. That is all. Everything else is conjecture." You didn't properly understand my point. Clearly, and obviously, we can't state that every time the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) speak to one person, whatever they say is only for that person. And that is certainly not what I said. Please re-read my post. We do not have any authentic narrations teaching us that Muta'a can ever be Makrooh or Haram. And we can't speculate. Just because we do not know or cannot think of a benefit, it doesn't imply that there's none. What about a young married man, who'll be away from his wife, for a long period of time due to his job? How shall he approach his healthy sexual desires? Masturbation is not an option. Suppression of healthy desires? Most people, due to their misconceptions, may agree with the abstinence and suppression of desires option. However, historically, even the Sunnis agree that Muta'a was permitted by the Prophet, during long expeditions, when a man was away from his wife. Please understand, I'm not suggesting that married men, nowadays, should run and do Muta'a. Don't misunderstand me. Currently, in our times, we're too deep in and drowning in misconceptions and false presumptions when it comes to sex and sexual relationships. Nowadays, a man would risk breaking up his family unit by doing Muta'a, and we know that breaking up a family unit is a horrendous misdeed. One's family always comes first. By breaking up a family unit, we could put the health of children in that family at risk. So, let's be clear about that. That being said, we cannot and ought not to reject that Muta'a was recommended by the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and it was the Sunna of The Prophet. It is not disgraceful to men or women. Nowadays, because of our religious ignorance and religiously-baseless cultural upbringings we've come to view Muta'a negatively. If our cultures and societies were not so puritanical and extreme about sex, if our cultures and societies were not so strongly influenced by non-Shia beliefs and traditions, we'd be having a very different discussion now. In my following post, I'll show why those narrations aren't acceptable.
  10. Yeah this applies to all online interactions, and even real-life interactions. I guess this thread could be simply called 'online interactions'. @AStruggler actually sat down with a well-known qualified scholar and discussed this topic in detail - mainly online interactions (real life ones too). It's summarised in this word document -----> https://1drv.ms/w/s!AvouU1cZOjoZmiAMfF9ElT1ljDBX
  11. There’s nothing wrong with it, of course, but it’s discussed fairly a bit on the chat itself, so the awareness is in the place itself anyway.
  12. Like I said in my previous posts, rulings regarding non mahram interactions online and real life don’t differ much at all. Theres plenty of threads about male/female interactions and the responses on there wouldn't differ much at all to the ones on here.
  13. Yeah even if they know, there's nothing wrong to bring these discussions up. There's etiquettes to be learnt when interacting online and the more we discuss, it gives us a chance to reflect and improve.
  14. LOL they’ll know and they most probably know. It’s individually a choice they make, you can do whatever you can and advise but at the end of the day, they know.
  15. @2Timeless and @Ruqaya101 I agree with youse that many informative discussions take place and there's a lot of benefits. However he's raising awareness for maybe those who might not know. Sometimes we may have little teenage kids who join chat and may be unaware when it comes to all this banter etc. There's nothing wrong if they learn the proper etiquettes of chatroom. This is not targeted towards anyone imo.
  16. Sirius_Bright

The Mosquito

It's okay if mosquito take a sip from our blood but problem occurs when it decides to puke some back as they carry various disease causing virus.
  17. We can use the same argument for some of the narrations you posted. For example, this one: وبالاسناد عن ابن عيسى ، عن ابن الحجاج ، عن العلا ، عن محمد بن مسلم ، عن أبي عبدالله ( عليه السلام ) قال : قال لي : تمتعت ؟ قلت : لا ، قال : لا تخرج من الدنيا حتى تحيي الس نة We can say that Imam recommended to this person (not all people) to do muta. I am not saying that temporary marriage, in general, is a disgrace. What I am going to say is that it is permissible but not always "recommended" (mustahab)...depending on the conditions, it can be mustahab, makrooh, haram or wajib. It is a good option for a person who cannot permanently get married and may fornicate if he remains single. But what benefits does it have for a married person or for people who can have permanent marriage?! (Every mustahab act must have some benefits). What about the potential negative effects which it can have on married lives?! The narration below is authentic (both narrators are reliable): قال محمد بن أبي عمير، عن عبد الله بن سنان، قال: سألت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام عن المتعة؟ فقال: لا تدنس نفسك بها Abdollah ibn Sanan asked Imam Sadiq about muta and he replied: don’t disgrace yourself by practising it. The narrations below, which recommend not to temporarily get married to virgins, are also authentic: أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى في (نوادره) عن القاسم بن محمد، عن جميل ابن صالح، عن أبي بكر الحضرمي قال: قال أبو عبد الله عليه السلام: يا أبا بكر إياكم والابكار أن تزوجوهن متعة. وعن ابن أبي عمير، عن جميل بن صالح، عن محمد بن مروان، عن عبد الملك ابن عمرو قال: سألت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام عن المتعة، فقال: إن أمرها شديد فاتقوا الأبكار.
  18. I've never met anyone who's argued that its halal.... As for the chatroom, many informative and constructive discussions take place. Discussions relating to society, religion and education. If you ever feel uncomfortable just click off. Imam Ali instructed us to judge ourselves before we judge others. In Islam, intention plays a huge role. For example, simply doing the acts of Salah doesn't mean you'll be rewarded if you don’t have the intention to worship. Otherwise, what differentiates salah from a yoga exercise? Similarly, if one jokes with the opposite gender completely unnecessarily with the intention to satisfy some sort of desire or lust, then one is clearly sinning. A person would also be sinning where he talks to a woman, supposedly completely respectfully, with the intention to also satisfy a lust or desire. It all depends on intention. Surely if a person has a more lighthearted conversation to help calm someone down who is clearly in distress, and with completely innocent intentions, they arent committing as big of a sin? That's not to excuse certain sins. It just puts everything into perspective. If you feel the chatroom feeds some sort of desire or haram intention then simply don't click onto it. I personally, and other members I know, do not intentionally create a haram atmosphere purely designed to feed selfish desires. Most of the time, conversations are interesting. It's interesting to get other people's opinions on topics like the death penalty, abortion, social labels, death etc etc. Its not the same as the forum due to the real time element of it. Getting different opinions and perspectives on issues that affect our daily lives is important and useful. Conversations arent full on joke sessions and more often that not, there is some sort of benefit being had. If you feel you're not benefiting at all, distance yourself, as you have been doing. What wouldve been a more thread to have would be a thread concerning general interactions with the opposite gender, and not one limited to the use of the chatroom. Etiquettes must be observed in real life and online, theres not much of a difference when it comes to non mahram interactions online or real life. Perhaps, that's why your thread was locked last time, there doesn't seem to be much of a purpose of it if you're targeting one function, when in reality it applies to all interactions in our lives.
  19. It’s harram to joke with the opposite gender in general, chatroom or no chatroom. And like you mentioned, there are religious discussions and questions that are brought up where many learn more than they know. Its simple, it’s your choice whether you participate or how you participate when that level of joking is happening.
  20. It's definitely not allowed to joke with the opposite gender and this does happen in the chatroom. A simple and immediate solution is to..well...not joke with members of the opposite gender. One can simply excuse him/herself from such conversation and chat only with members of same gender.
  21. Sâlam âlaykum wa rahmâtallahi wâbarakatu. First of all, I want to direct this message to the mods/admins. Please do not, I repeat, do not lock/delete this thread. Last time I posted a similar issue, and my thread was placed on "trash pit". That was quite weird. I hope this will not repeat itself. We need to discuss this. The chatroom, which many brothers and sisters use, is quite problematic, according to our scholars. Let me explain. I was told by a scholar, whom I asked, about joking etc., with the opposite gender (a non-mahram), which was not allowed according to Sayed al-Sistani. If you look at the chatroom, various discussions, talks etc., takes place. However, non-Islamic things do also take place, such as joking/telling funny stories etc., with the opposite gender. I have myself been quite aware of this, and I, which I think we all do, fear to commit haram. I listened to Sayed Sábah al-Shubbar (a famous fïqh scholar), who discussed this (according to Sistani and other scholars), and he speaks about this issue too. Personally, we all want to know what is halal and haram. To eat non-halal food is haram. To use bad language against one's parents is haram and so on and so forth. I naturally want to open this discussion, so that we might discuss how we should chat etc., and look into what our scholars say. What do you say? Is the chatroom perhaps filled with some types of communication, which are not allowed or is it perhaps halal? I am still learning - I want to know the rulings. I am not bashing anyone, because I use the chatroom myself. And no, I really do not want the admin (like he did last time) to just lock the thread. The answer is not as simple as such. I was messaged by a brother, who showed me discussions with a scholar he had, which clearly mentioned that it was haram to joke etc.. On the other hand, some might argue that it might be halal. Let's get into this inshallah. Labbayka ya Ali.
  22. Interestingly Islam came to the Philippines before the Spanish colonisers arrived (naming it after King Philip II), and with them Catholicism.
  23. starlight

The Mosquito

I personally won't mind giving away a drop of blood or several or pints of it,in way of charity. What drives me crazy is the incessant buzzing in my ears and itch which turns into sore areas when I am trying to catch a few hours of sleep after a long hectic day. I would have zero problem if they came and took their food quietly without disturbing me. Mosquitoes are also vectors for certain serious diseases so I don't see what's the harm in killing them. Nevertheless I enjoyed you post a lot
  24. I'm thinking it was the difference in personality between Abu Bakr 'Asim, and Nafi' and how it was recited to the Transmitters. I have no idea the difference in dialect. Nafi' was from Medina, Abu Bakr was from Kufah. There would be differences in some words, but nothing to actually change the meaning. Abu Bakr used the "Royal We" in narratives, but often used "I" in quotes, where Nafi' preferred the Royal We for all references pertaining to Allah. This is only a difference in men. Depending on their own experience, one noted many a Prophet and good men fought, the other felt more empathy to those who were killed. There is no doubt both happened so there is no case for contradiction. It is an obvious conclusion many fought and many were killed. Two men, two perspectives, same conclusion with a fuller understanding.
  25. I watched this a year ago and this Muslim lady made a very ignorant statement about that gay Muslim and why he chooses to be gay if he knows it's harram. (Please correct me if I'm wrong, it's been ages since I last saw this video) Regardless, these feelings are real, but no one should act on them.
  26. Guest

The Mosquito

An observation of the world if you don’t mind to read see from my point of view I was in my parents home, my mother was in the Kitchen I walked up to see how she is since she wasnt home all day and since I havent seen her all day came to her to greet her to say my Selams She is an older woman 54, time has done what time does to people, she had her sleeves rolled up to her elbows as she was getting wudhu before going to sleep(sunnah of Prophet) As I was approaching she noticed and was about to smile and nod, but in front of me she noticed a mosquito close to her arm clearly was about to land and take a bite As she is nodding and smiling, both quickly turn into concern about the mosquito , and she indicates to me to kill it I interrupt, mother you have 7 litres of blood, best charity is charity that is given of that you need to one who needs it to survive, surely you have the patience to deal with a little irritation from a bite that quickly goes away This creature wants to live and survive as much as we do, why does it deserve life less? cause its less human? its not deserving to live? and giving it less than a drop wont kill u? let it take its bite and consider it an act of charity , and be patient through the itchiness , of course make ur intention to give you blood in the name of charity so another creature can live
  1. Load more activity