Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sure brother. I would recommend you read the following thread first, as all the questions are basically answered; https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235031376-the-controversial-hadith-of-dawood-bin-sarhan/ Including the one you just asked right here: https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235031376-the-controversial-hadith-of-dawood-bin-sarhan/?do=findComment&comment=2821438 Where Makarem Al-Shirazi defines sabb.
  3. @Sumerian could you please elaborate on what sabb/insulting refers to? Because most of us I think perceive it as using those usual vulgar words, which I would find extremely hard to believe is permissible. Calling people pimp, najis, or bas**** child, etc. if that's what they are we wouldn't really think of it as an insult (if it's true). But if this is what is meant by sabb/insulting it would make more sense.
  4. Salaam alaykum, I have some questions and I’ll be grateful if some of you could answer these · Do we believe that the Prophet(saww) and the Imams(عليه السلام) were created before Adam(عليه السلام)? If so, what was their form. · I have heard this hadith many times that the Prophet(saww) and Imam Ali(عليه السلام) were created from the same light. How authentic is this? · Also, according to an account the Prophet((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) ate an apple on the meraj that had the noor of Bibi Fatima(sa). I wish to confirm it’s authenticity.
  5. Today
  6. Yes that is God, the One who threw peebles, the One upon whom hand companions pledged allegiance.
  7. السلام عليكم I am writing a paper and need someone books/articles about two things: Pre-Islamic culture and customs in current Muslim countries (so this means Middle East, south Asia, etc., not just arabs) The things Islam rallied against and changed in Arabian culture Arabic and English books only. Thank you
  8. Replying without even reading and watching the references!!
  9. Wa alaykom salam Only if you know for certain that something has become najis otherwise we rule it as pure upon the principle of taharat. If you know that something has become najis and you doubt if it is pure or not it is ruled as najis upon the principle of istishab. Otherwise if there is no knowledge of it being najis it is ruled as pure Also people who are in the state of janabah do not transfer najasat only semen while wet, and wetness on dog for examples such as saliva or wet body parts or even wet hair of dog.
  10. Anyways it always has to be two-sided, you wouldn't want to end up marrying someone who doesn't even like you that much. It's actually good imo, It's meant to happen, you'll defs find a better girl.
  11. The first thing the link you sent said was that he believed that there's a mistake in the Qur'an (astughfurullah). I opened that exact page, and he quotes a Hadith where Aisha is asked why certain words are spelt (الصلوٰة، الصٰبئون، هٰذٰن) a certain way and not another way (الصلواة، الصابئون، هذان), and she replies that the people writing the Qur'an made a mistake writing it. In the very next paragraph though, he mentions that there is conflict in this, and the better option would be to believe that Allah has his own reasons to spell it this way and not the other, concluding the paragraph saying Allah is knowledgeable about his verses. I didn't go through any other ones, because this one was ignorant enough.
  12. She is not worth it brother. Work on yourself, you have some serious personal issues. Think about relationships later.
  13. Years ago, on the even of his death in 2010, I read some terrifying things about the views of Sayyid Mohammed Hussain Fadlallah and how he was condemned for them by various marājiʿ. For example, the criticism, with the sources from his own works, can be found here and here. He was criticised by various Grand Ayatollahs, such as; the Shirazis, Bashir al-Najafi, Sistani, Tabrizi, Wahid Al-Khorsani, may Allah be pleased with all our scholars, and others. Can one of his muqallids link me some polemical articles or books on this subject?
  14. Letting go of our suffering is the hardest work we will ever do. - Gautama Buddha I think people always cling to what they know, is close to them or is easy to get. you sound young. you got plenty more time and people to meet. enjoy your youth, work on yourself. don't bother with this love nonsense.
  15. I always associated the words hybrid wolves with the supernatural jinns with red eyes. Even though I know these things are real as I have seen them. I have been watching too much fiction as well lol
  16. Al-salamu alaykm everyone, here's a response from Sayyid Sistani's office
  17. Used to follow him up until recently. His lectures truly are some of the best. May Allah be pleased with him.
  18. When you feel the pain, don't focus on your thoughts, pay attention to your body. If you feel anxious, feel the butterflies and let it pass. Just tell yourself that it's a natural feeling everyone goes through. It's a phase you're going through. Sometimes you feel that you can't find any other girl, but lemme tell you that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has someone for you who may even be better than her.
  19. Coastal. I've formerly lived near Richmond, Lynchburg, Roanoke, and Blacksburg, never NoVA.
  20. The main character chose to follow some rules while he was unable give up on others such as abstaining from sex and dating. It's so sad how idiotic our youth are becoming. All they want to do is to fit in society and compromise on their values. This actually hurts me because I always have to see my own siblings head in a similar direction. People are legit becoming blind. Our youth don't even bother doing taqleed anymore. It's about "how I feel" and "in my opinion". May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) hasten the appearance of Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام). Our Imams (عليه السلام) have told us to spend our youth in worship. Lets not ever be influenced by what society thinks of us. We are on the straight path and it's not worth compromising on our values to impress every John, Bob and Harry.
  21. Sorry my nafs got me there again. I mean it may help him feel better temporarily but islamically it's probably not accepted. So I wouldn't recommend making or sharing a love poem.
  22. They do it non-stop. They take some of our belief and then find their own hadith to “disprove” us or they cherrypick from our ahadith books (for example, al-Kafi, Bihar al-Anwar) without ever mentioning to their audience that Shia Muslims, unlike Sunnis, do not consider all of the ahadith to be authentic and on the same page one hadith can be weak or have broken chains of narrators whilst the one directly after it may be authentic with unbroken chain of narrators. They only apply “rigorous standards” of judging ahadith when it suits them and their ideology. It’s an interesting subject in itself worth discussing in separate topic.
  23. Of course the show doesn't represent Islam or 'devout' Muslims, but it is a pretty accurate representation of many 'average' Muslim men here in the West... well at least 85-90% of the Muslim guys in my city. "I just want to be good, and as long as I'm good to people I should be ok having any type of 'fun' because God will forgive me since I was good" that's essentially the predominant mentality with some variations here and there.
  24. Yesterday
  25. will read bout it in more detail. thank you for the straightforward explanations (unlike many others I've read..), made it easy to understand the perspective. this killed me lol
  26. From my own experience, it may be true. I know of religious sisters that wear fake engagement rings in public places so that random brothers wouldn’t approach them and the situations wouldn’t end up somehow inappropriate. I realised that it is more prevalent in the West, than in the “East”, due to more relaxed cultural norms. If I was you, and you know where she lives, I would firstly call her father and arrange a meeting. I wouldn’t try to do anything through her because her father may take an insult to that. You may ask her if she’s married though. One way or another, Inshallah things will be solved out soon.
  27. I found this quote from the man in your profile picture Exactly, he says it is a great book, but hasn't even tried to read the stuff in it. At least read this "great" book, then judge on whether it's good or not, because I read a bit of it (only a couple 10s of pages and found it to be worthless. Barely ever refers to Shia ahadith, and tries to disprove Shiism using Sunni ahadith, which is completely pointless.
  1. Load more activity