Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Walaykum as Salam, I don’t know where exactly you live at sister, but in New York City there is plenty of shops that sell Islamic regalia. If somehow you will have a great difficultly acquiring one online (Amazon, Ebay), try inquiring in person at your nearest Husseiniyya or a mosque. If they are far, you can e-mail/call them, and I’m pretty sure they would be able to help you.
  3. Today
  4. My weapons - Ayatul Kursi, Hirz e Jawad, a taser.Alhumdollilah, never had any unpleasant experiences so far.
  5. If a person hasn't spent 50 years studying the religion of Islam to derive rulings, then why should they have an opinion on the matter in the first place? It's like an elementary schoolboy saying to the most experienced orthopedic surgeons in the world "I don't want the patellar tendon used as a graft for my torn ACL, I want you to use my chordae tendinae". Little does the schoolboy know the chordae tendinae are not actually tendons but are heart strings necessary to sustain life. You can't expect the surgeons to stop what they're doing and explain to such fools why the ACL repair wouldn't work, let alone why such fools would die.
  6. As salaamu alaykum. May this reach you and yours in the best of states. Does anyone know where I can buy an iranian prayer chador in the US or from an online shop that will ship to the US? Something like this: https://twitter.com/iran_style/status/512872709353918464 Wa salam, -Jessica
  7. Guest

Ghost

Deceased souls don’t let their presence known. This is just not what they do. Either you are seeing jinns, or your are imagining, or you need to go to a psychiatrist.
  8. My walking stick would suffice. If things go worst, I may consider sharping the pointy edge of mine to add a bit of spice for the one on the receiving end of it -.)
  9. Well. At least you are testifying Jesus is not God. Great first step. Now try to figure out why another human's death would cancel sins to God that didn't even exist at the time of the Jesus' death. Good luck. (hint, the answer has to do with the concept of justice, where every human is accountable for their own actions).
  10. seems the essence of your dilemma is right here. Allah or a boy? not just a boy but a teenage guy who certainly only thinks about sexual gratification over everything. But yeah, temporary marriage is a viable option although the most prominent ruling by far is that you are legally a virgin therefore you cannot engage in intercourse without permission from your father. Wonder how the boy will react to that. good luck. and don't be too shocked when you find out he isn't very faithful to you.
  11. Sorry Tommy, those would be hunting rifles and paint ball guns, hardly adequate for self-defense. With exception of pepper spray, I think you need a permit to carry fast strike self-defense tools. You do not want to be found with a weapon on you by the police. Entirely illegal in the United Kingdom, you will go to prison. I would recommend learning koppojutsu (bonebreaking), there's a quite a few grapples that could easily defeat a knife user and create enough distance to get away.
  12. Hello Marty This site has been around for almost twenty years and we have had this topic up here literally hundreds of times. It has even come up a number of times in the recent past. It is also probably being discussed and debated in squillions of sites all over the Internet. So I suggest that we lay it to rest for a while. It is not going to change anyone's mind. And if we use our brains, it is not difficult to see that it CANNOT be true. Jesus' death just cannot save anyone. The only things that can save one are - (a) divine compassion, (b) intercession by Jesus, for example and (c) the balance between one's own good deeds and bad. Or if one's good deeds are excessive, they may suffice, and (a) and (b) may not be required. But intercession alone is extremely unlikely to save anyone. I tend to agree more with Christian Visitor who seems to have a somewhat different view. Believing and then sinning is probably worse than Not Believing and sinning. Because if you believe, you must follow Jesus' words. However, it is just possible that if a non-believer's disbelief is deemed forgivable, his sins may also be forgiven. But a believer may have less of a chance, since he should have known better - that sin is forbidden.
  13. Yesterday
  14. My dear Lady, Sayyida Zainab, how does one witness all her family members dismembered, beheaded and trampled on, and you rose and spoke with fervor, "I saw nothing but beauty" 

Ya Allah, show me and help me understand haq al m3rifat of Sayyida Zaynab 3laha Salam.

15. dunno if it's haram or not but based on the spirit of Islam I imagine it would be extremely detestable to consider one who rejects God as a "friend".
  16. Bismehe Ta3ala At 13 you met this boy. You are indicating you have committed haram. So you both are Muslims, have the option of mut3, or marriage and you still opt with haram. You knew these options are available to you and still commit haram. What is the point of your thread? You also conclude that he can't propose to you because you are only 19, by your logic, you can't have hallal relations because you are young, but you can have haram relations from 13-19. Any God fearing Muslim, will tell you to stop this relationship, but you are insisting you can't and then insult to injury you want to ask Allah for forgiveness, but you are not willing to end this haram relationship. You know what is halal and haram! Yet, you want to continue with your animalistic desires and reject what Islam asks for chaste, respectable, self dignified human beings. Stop this forbidden relationship. Seek tawba and istighfar, the month of Ramadan is around the corner. You can not guarantee you will live to see this month. Cut all ties with him and start with a clean slate. Repent a sincere repentance and a promise to Allah not to return to such satanic acts. Astgfor'Allah rabi wa atoob elayk M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah
  17. To OP and others, salam. If I want to learn about physics I will try find the physicists that available for me to access. I should try my best. Are these physicists perfect? Nope. At least I don't try learn physics from musics professors. No Marjas are infallible. Meaning they are capable of making mistakes. If someone else has highlighted a mistake with proofs to a marja, and if the marja accepted it then that is acceptable. But if the marja insists on that mistake, then he has lowered his status in the public eyes. The same principle apply to all humans. Humans are fallible. We all make mistakes more frequently. If we insist on our mistakes, we just lower our status. If we insist in wrong doings or sins, we destroy our status and we will be punished. "Sincere" learned persons may make less mistakes. Protected persons don't make mistakes (even though they can, because Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will inform them). In case of Marjas, they are learned persons, humble, sincere in upholding the truth, spiritually high, simple life style, perform rituals privately that most of us don't know (to ensure guidance and protection from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) directly because they scare of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) if they made mistakes). Why would not trust a fallible persons who is mutaqqi, show struggle to understand Islamic rules and share their findings and rational beliefs to others? We are allowed to scrutinize and research a marja before following. That is already show that marjas have rank. Chose the best according our belief and we all know they are fallible. They showed struggle on our behalf because we are not able to make our own struggle to understand certain Islamic issues. We trust the Prophet because we cannot reach to the level of receiving direct commands from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). If we can, we can live alone and abandon all Prophets and Imams all together. I would learn physics from physicists and the likelihood I will understand physics is higher. Look at Islam from simple human perspectives and not just simply from Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) point of view. Unless you are absolutely understands what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) means in all your discussion. The OP is making Islamic discussion as he is looking at it from higher up (as he is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)). The trend is always like this ..Marjas are infallible, then Prophet and Imams are fallible....only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is infallible. Trust only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Then it is time to attack the fallible personality. But he misunderstood that human can be infallible... because infallibility is "protection from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)" and only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the Absolute Protector. He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protects His sincere servants. Layman.
  18. I could, but no need. I am myself a weapon. I'm not afraid of people. If they kill me, that's on their soul not mine. But I don't live in London and crime isn't a major concern in my neighborhood. I might feel differently if not for blissful ignorance.
  19. Walaykum as Salam, that’s an interesting question. I went through risalah-yi'amaliyyah by two different maraji’, and none had the answer for that particular question. In my opinion, and I’m not a qualified mujtahid, as per obligatory precaution, when you pray privately or in public, you shouldn’t wear clothes with any drawings or pictures on them that may be considered offensive or mocking (for example, Homer Simpson with beer etc.). In the case of men, they can wear dishdasha for the prayers, and women can put the abaya, chador, jilbab or a skirt instead of such pyjamas or over them. This issue shouldn’t bring anyone much hardship.
  20. That's my understanding of the fatwa of Sayyid Sistani. If your purpose in using it is to conceal a blemish, it is allowed to be worn in public; if your purpose is to beautify, it is not. There's a bit of grey area, but it seems to me it would be hard to rationalize full makeup. I mean, if you feel like your small eyelashes are a defect, you might be able to rationalize mascara, et cetera, but most people are capable of determining where to draw the line.
  21. The concept is brilliant to have today's items at the top and move them to other days if not completed. I used to do this using Microsoft Word or a simple Notepad file on my desktop computer. However, when I started using email on my phone during the past three years, I made a draft in my email instead, so when I am not at home I can access that draft and even edit it through my phone. I need to start doing this again!
  22. Bismehe Ta3ala Assalam Alikum Brother Insh'Allah you come back soon! Although for the month of Ramadan, if you can make it to the ziyarahs for our Imams, do so. Especially, the last 10 days. No better place to be, than in the presence of our Imams. It's best to come to Beirut before the summer, to avoid the humidity and heat. As you know we have electricity shortages, so if you want to come again, I recommend visit during the spring or fall. I don't know how your Arabic is, but if you are fluent, I highly recommend to come during Muharram, Mash'Allah the Dahiya is jam-packed with majalis, programs, all over town. Khayr Insh'Allah, glad to hear you had a good time. God bless you brother. M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah
  23. Yes for the most part I really did enjoy my time. I guess being non-European in appearance I wasn't treated as a tourist, which is what I prefer when I visit countries. But the people were friendly. I do miss hearing Fairuz everywhere in the mornings, though I often hear that whenever I'm in Egypt. Yes that view was magnificent, truly. No matter what time of day.
  24. Despite not having any formal powers (great wealth, political influence etc.) we all can raise awareness about the Shia genocide (past and present) in any way meaningful; from attending rallies and educating those around us (for example, neighbours and coworkers), to even submitting University papers about it (something I did quit often back at the Western university, it causes those reading them to learn [my promoter had no clue that there was a Shia genocide in Bahrain] and eventually spread the word or even conduct their own scholarly research on the subject), to things such as petitioning officials, donating money to valuable Shia causes (for example, any money sent to Iraqi religious institutions ends up helping orphans, widows and those wounded). It’s all in our hands, brothers and sisters.
  25. Bismehe Ta3ala Assalam Alikum Remember those fellas hahaha? Many of them got banned, and those who didn't, left because their friends were no longer on the forum. Ask mods if they hidden the thread or see if you can find it in the cache version. If you end up coming, you will be impressed of the developments and changes that have occurred in the South and in the Dahiya. The Museum you are referring to is in Mleeta and yes they do have English tour guides! For the most part, did you enjoy your time here? What were some of the pros and cons you experienced as a tourist? I still remember the picture you shared of your hotel room by the sea. SUB7AN'Allah, nice crisp blue sea and sunny! M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah
  26. I've never been able to get these to work. But I've been using the following system for over a month now and it's at least passed the test of me actually using it on a daily basis. It's a word document I keep in my Dropbox and therefore accessible by both my machines. Every month is a new word doc. Major headings are what I need to do today, and for dates coming up in the near future. There's general stuff that also needs to be done at some stage. And finally, there are days that have been completed that month at the bottom. I'm finding it reasonably practical to keep it updated so that I don't miss anything. Day by day the tasks at the top are more important than the ones below and the ones that are completed get shifted to the bottom of the list. And for the times when I worry that I have not done anything, I check the sent folders in outlook/mail and also recent documents just to update the list with work that I might otherwise have forgotten to note.
  27. Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) saved many people from further going astray by calling them back to the pure, uncorrupted, monotheistic religion, that is Islam. He, as other Prophets, called upon people to completely submit themselves to what was originally revealed, not what they came to believe were the teachings. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ), the creator of entire universe, can’t and doesn’t have any family; it is illogical and insulting, simply limiting the omnipotence of His (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) being. He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) can forgive all the sins within seconds, therefore there is no need for Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) to cause anyone (in Christian understanding, it was himself!) to die for anyone else’s sins. Let’s not also forget that the mainstream Christian concept of trinity is not even found in the Bible, and as majority of Christian theology, it is one of the dogmas developed over hundreds of years at the ecumenical councils (325, 381, 431, 451, 553, 680-681, 754, 787 et al.). Christianity as a religion, just keeps adding or removing things from its dogma, and this in itself is the simplest reason to reject it altogether. The very early “Christians”, never believed in Jesus (عليه السلام) being the “Son of God” nor “God the Son.” For example, the First Council of Nicaea (325) declared that Jesus (عليه السلام) is "homoousios (ὁμοούσιον) with the Father" (of the same substance and being as “the Father”), practically before that, Jesus (عليه السلام) was treated by mainstream Christians as the Prophet of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ), and not one, conjoined entity. The concept of Jesus (عليه السلام) “being one” with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) “in substance” was entirely stolen and adopted into the mainstream Christian belief from the Gnostics. Before the 2nd century CE, there are no traces of any Christian believing in such dogma - for more, see Kelly, John Norman D (1972), Early Christian Creeds (3d ed.), London: Longman, p. 245. The modern day Torah (Old Testament) and the New Testament, in its entirety “the Bible”, are corrupted and nowhere close to what was originally revealed by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) to all his Muslims. Jews and Christians removed and added things over years, with the New Testament being the prime example of that, where at times Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) calls Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) his father, refers to both in the first person (as if they are one), or calls Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ) his Lord and God. The illogical fallacies applied are out there clearly visible for those who seek the truth, are formally or self educated and use their brains to analyse the simplest of the presented facts.
  1. Load more activity