Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I love seeing anything to do with kindness to animals
  3. "The value of those martyred at Karbala is that they defended the sanctum of Truth in the most difficult conditions one can ever imagine." (Ayatullah Khamenei) http://english.Khamenei.ir/news/4787/Hazrat-Abbas-s-as-nobility-arose-from-loyalty-to-Truth-in-difficult
  4. Believe it or not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_modification America/Israel behind this. They're destroying the natural balanced systems such as electromagnetic fields of planet Earth, etc End of all life on Earth. soon.
  5. In Tawassul we should not believe that this saint can grant on his or her own. But they are closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and therefore their prayers are more likely to be answered.
  6. By Jan Oberg You have certainly not heard much about this in the West. And it didn’t get a fraction of the media attention (and none of the hundreds of millions of Euro pledges by the perversely rich) that the Notre Dame fire did. However, if disastrous floods had hit 28 out of 31 provinces and affected 10 million people in some European country or in the US, I believe you would have heard about it from Day One. But now it is Iran. Only the Iranians. The situation is disastrous but not so much because thousands have died. Rather, because floods of this magnitude are likely to have terrible long-term consequences for agricultural and other production, infrastructure, energy production, transport and daily lives (see pictures below and on the links). The basic facts about 3 weeks into the disaster are: 28 of 31 provinces affected, the area around Shiraz the most. 78 people have died and 1076 have been injured. 10 million Iranians have been affected and 2 million seem to be in direct need of assistance. More can be studied at the UN OCHA’s Reliefweb. Please enlighten yourself also by some Iranian media sources and Iranian foreign minister Javad Zarif’s statements here. And here. This comes on top of economic sanctions that have already hit virtually every single Iranian very hard when going about their daily lives. The author has seen how this was already bad in 2012-2016 – since then, everything has grown worse. Here some data by the IMF. Yes, the corruption is everywhere in Iran but the US sanctions are extremely tight, the loss of oil export income is severe (to benefit Saudi Arabia and others). And now this flood disaster on top of it all (more background and pictures from Iran’s Fars News Agency here). The cruelty of not helping in this situation can only be condemned from a humanitarian, human rights and moral perspective no matter what one may otherwise think about Iranian politics and leadership. Sanctions make humanitarian aid much more difficult It is well known that the Trump administration wants others to think about Iran and how it puts pressure and threats to bear on other countries to prevent them from cooperating with Iran and bringing humanitarian aid in violation of these US sanctions. Reuters reports the statement of the Iranian Red Crescent three weeks into the disaster: “U.S. sanctions have prevented the Iranian Red Crescent from obtaining any foreign financial aid to assist victims of flooding that has killed at least 70 people and inundated some 1,900 communities, the group said on Sunday.” As of April 15th, the only Europeans to deliver assistance are Russia, Turkey, Switzerland, Germany and France according to the UN OCHA’s Reliefweb. The main reason, one may assume, is that the US has imposed sanctions on Iran since 1979 and now applies the toughest sanctions ever on the Iranian people (after having withdrawn from the nuclear deal, the JCPOA, in clear violation of international law, since it was embedded in a UN Security Council resolution). Iran, you may say, is being punished for having fulfilled all its obligations of the JCPOA and accepting the most severe inspections ever. The US also applies so-called secondary sanctions – sanctions against other countries which do not adhere to US sanctions but continue to deal with Iran. The US believes, it seems, that it can intimidate and financially punish countries – including NATO and EU – should they not adhere to US laws (and diktats) on their own territory Such extra-territorial application of US laws should, of course, be unacceptable for any other sovereign states. And it goes without saying that the US would never accept foreign laws to be implemented on its territory. But the US seems to believe that it is so exceptional that others should make exceptional decisions in favour of this exceptionally unlawful US policy. The Trump administration – also defiant of the UN Court ruling What few have noticed is that Iran won a case at the UN International Court of Justice in October last year. Read Newsweek’s report here. The ICJ ruled and ordered that the United States remove sanctions that target humanitarian trade, food, medicine and civil aviation. But instead of abiding by the ICJ’s decision, Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo announces with what must be termed outrageous arguments that the U.S. couldn’t care less. Mainstream US-obedient media of course politely refrained from putting such a law-defying US statement on their front pages – omission being much more important than fake as I have pointed out time and again before. As if this should not be enough, the US announced on April 8, 2019 – I.e. also Pompeo – that the US places Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps on its list of terrorist organisations. Listen very carefully to the justifications and the accusations. One doesn’t have to be psychologist or psychiatrist to get the thought that we are here witnessing a brilliant piece of psycho-political projection – projection of one’s own dark sides on somebody else. This is also outrageous in the light of the fact that the Corps is a major agent in dealing with the flood disaster on the ground (as it has holds proportionately huge resources in the Iranian budget). Are we likely to soon hear the argument that no aid should go to Iran because it would go (also) to this “terrorist” organisation? EU and NATO countries should practise civil disobedience in support of the Iranian people One must wonder how much longer the United States will get away with such step-by-step measures and exceptional arrogance vis-a-vis the international “community” without loud and clear criticism and alternative action by EU and NATO countries. As I say in the video above, it is high time that EU and NATO countries – and other countries for that matter – practise civil disobedience against US diktat. If only a few countries, companies and banks continue co-operating with Iran, it will be easy for US authorities such as US Treasury to pursue them legally and punish them in various ways. But not so if some 25-30 countries, all their companies and banks simply ignored US policies and accelerated their civilian co-operation with Iran. It would, beyond the slightest doubt, be a win-win strategy on contrast to US policies which may look like win(US/West) and loose (Iran) but, sooner or later will – drag down these other countries in the decline and fall process of the US. That is – loose/loose We can all do some little thing for fellow human beings. I voiced my criticism here with the Iranian PressTV And I made a small donation to the Iranian Red Crescent on this link, also to try my Swedish bank. It went through. You can do it too. Actions and words go best together. https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/04/18/the-Iran-floods-and-us-sanctions-10-million-at-risk-but-who-cares/
  7. Even if we did. A lot of Sunnis, most if then are the ignorant ones that never talked to a Shia, do kufr against us. And seeing that your opinions about Shi’ism got far worse, I think you might be as well amongst the Salafi’s that spend their time together to do kufr on those bad Shias that are so bad that we need to do kufr on them because they’re bad.
  8. Today
  9. Don't try to twist words Reformist. I have just mentioned a single superiority of Hazrat Abbas (عليه السلام), which I hope would be the wish of Hazrat Esa (عليه السلام) He was a helper of Allah & His Prophet, And I have used the word "bearer of the minniyat of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)", Now lets see another verse: وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللَّهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّينَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُمْ مِنْ كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُصَدِّقٌ لِمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنْصُرُنَّهُ ۚ قَالَ أَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَىٰ ذَٰلِكُمْ إِصْرِي ۖ قَالُوا أَقْرَرْنَا ۚ قَالَ فَاشْهَدُوا وَأَنَا مَعَكُمْ مِنَ الشَّاهِدِينَ 3:81 When Allah made (His) covenant with the Prophets, (He said): Behold that which I have given you of the Scripture and knowledge. And afterward there will come unto you a messenger, confirming that which ye possess. Ye shall believe in him and ye shall help him. Prophet Esa (عليه السلام) has not yet helped Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), he will be counted as a helper of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) when he will aid the bearer of the minniyat of Prophet, I.e., Imam Mehdi (ajtf) when he appear after ending of his ghaybah.
  10. He actually said those people and as far as I know no said something about the Sunnis. Unless all Sunnis are Salafis then no one said something about them.
  11. Thank you, you actually convinced me with these examples WS
  12. Didn’t he only accept it because if he didn’t his family was going to be killed by al Ma’mun?
  13. So do you believe Hazrat Hamza is greater than Prophet Isa too? Because he checks every box Hazrat Abbas does and has closer ties to the Holy Prophet. Or have you just built a bias for all the personalities of Karbala from the years of masayb. Your opinion is simply emotional.
  14. Why are you calling him "Maula"?
  15. Hazrat Abbas(عليه السلام) is not superior to Hazrat Isa(عليه السلام) an ulul azm Prophet. In fact among Shia there are 3 concepts in the order of adherents amongst the learned. This does not include Maula Abbas(عليه السلام) for all his greatness. 1. Rasool Allah(sawws) and the 14 Masoomeen(عليه السلام) are above in rank to all Prophets(عليه السلام) 2. Ulul Azm Prophets(عليه السلام) are above in rank to the Imams(عليه السلام) 3. All Prophets(عليه السلام) are above in rank to the Imams(عليه السلام)
  16. I watched a little more the video and I have two other points to say. 1) about the scholars saying that people who don’t follow the Imams (عليه السلام) are not real Muslims. Well YEAH THIS IS TRUE. If you don’t follow them according to Shia Muslim theology you don’t follow Allah and Prophet orders so you reject some parts of the religion so you are de facto not a real Muslim. However some "Sunni" Muslims are very ignorant about that so we can’t blame them. By the way we have a lot of similarities with "Sunni" Muslims so we could always collaborate even if their faith is not valid in many points and I think even ayatollah Khamenei don’t think differently of what I said. 2) about the "proofs" of tentative of changing demographics of Syria for changing Syria to a Sunni country to a Shia country. First it is good to remember that the sources used for that are some anti Iran stuffs (like guardian) or excuse me for the term very stupid medias (again like I said previously how could we seriously take breibart as a reliable source ? It is even worst when we remember that the persons who did these stupid propaganda video present themselves as good Muslims) so here there is already many suspicions to have toward such claimings. Secondly it is good to remember that alawites are not Shias according to most Shias so again it is nothing less that stupid to portray what is happening in Syria as a "Shia Sunni conflicts" when alawites are not even considered as Shias and most of syrian soldiers are Sunnis ! Thirdly "real Shias" in Syria are something like 0,5 or let say 1% of the population ! Seriously how do you expect that 0,5 % percent of a population become the majority of the population of a country ?? Even if we take millions of Shias that would never happened like that. Fourthly it is more anecdotical than anything alse but I lived a little to Lebanon close to Syria where I met some syrians and I even met during a conference a syrian which was part of anti-government group and had an important position on his group. Believe me or not but I asked him already at this time if that was true that such "demographic changes" really happen in Syria. Well again believe me or not but even if he was really anti-assad and anti-Iran he said that that was stupid and this is even the opposite which is happening (alawite regions becoming in majority Sunnis even if again we don’t really consider alawites as Shia Muslims). So this is for such reasons I really don’t take seriously at all such propaganda videos and I don’t really want to lose my time with such nonsense.
  17. Prophet Sulayman(عليه السلام) had 'Shayateen' under his command not just any jinns but He was a Prophet. We have poor control over our own selves, let alone control other beings.
  18. وَمَنْ يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِمْ مِنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَاءِ وَالصَّالِحِينَ ۚ وَحَسُنَ أُولَٰئِكَ رَفِيقًا 4:69 Hazrat Abbas (عليه السلام) is Abdus-Swaleh, Shaheed as well as a Siddiq. If you ask me how Hazrat Abbas (عليه السلام) is superior, I would say because he sacrificed his life as well as adornment of this worldly life (zenat-e-hayat-e-duniya) in nusrat-e-haqq I.e., in helping the one who is the bearer of the minniyat of Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). I hope that it was a wish of Prophet Isa ((عليه السلام)) to be among those who helped Imam Hussain ((عليه السلام)) and sacrificed their lives for him.
  19. Salam they don't have a large influence over our world except we allow this to them like as Prophet Suleiman (عليه السلام) was ordering them to do significant works for him but they don't do anything by their wish but it's possible that nowadays some cults are allowing them to do more interaction with our world but they can't control them & they do some many damages in regard of few works for them because these cults only can ask help from non beliver jinns that these jinns are followers of Shaitan & these cults are worshipin them & Shaitan but they can't ask help from Muslim jinns that just make good things for believers.
  20. I will try not to behave like that, just pointing out you the implications. Lets see the phrase of verse which I have quoted earlier: مَا يَكُونُ مِن نَّجْوَىٰ ثَلَاثَةٍ إِلَّا هُوَ رَابِعُهُمْ وَلَا خَمْسَةٍ إِلَّا هُوَ سَادِسُهُمْ وَلَا أَدْنَىٰ مِن ذَٰلِكَ وَلَا أَكْثَرَ إِلَّا هُوَ مَعَهُمْ أَيْنَ مَا كَانُوا Here we see a clear distinction that God is something other than the three or five is mentioned, and a limitation which seems to me a prohibition not to think otherwise in words "wala adna min thalika wala akthar" is given. So why should we cross these limits? The antonyms used in munjaat of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) are another point of reflection Mowla-Abd, Qawi-Daeef, Kabeer-Sagheer, Rehman-Marhoom, Hadi-Daal etc. All of them are indicating two different things so how come Al-Hadi become Daal or Al-Qawi becomes Daeef or Rehman becomes Marhoom? First of all this analogy is absurd. There are external factors in the formation of waves I.e., Wind, Gravitational pull of other objects, if there is no wind or no gravitational pull, no waves will ever be formed in the ocean. Ocean itself cannot produce waves. So waves are the manifestation of ocean, wind and/or gravitational pull. Can God be influenced by external factors?
  21. Salam also Imam Reza (عليه السلام) accepted to be Successor of Mamun when some Shias criticized him for acceptance of this position he said Prophet Yusuf (عليه السلام) & Danial (عليه السلام) take same position as me while the rulers of their time were non believer and tyrant & Mamun at least is a Muslim also Imam Ali (عليه السلام) participated in council of Umar for choosing third caliph http://wiki.ahlolbait.ir/ولايتعهدى_امام_رضا_عليه_السلام http://www.pasokhgoo.ir/node/3971 http://en.wikishia.net/view/Imam_al-Rida's_(a)_Succession_of_al-Ma'mun if a Shia Muslim without accepting & associating of these groups takes an office it has no objection to runs an office in U.S but rationally it's not possible but if a miracle happens it will be ok but if he/she get help from these groups it's against Islamic teachings & she/he must not align with them & must take support & money from Muslims I wont have problem with this issues if a Shia Muslim through true ways will elect although he will be questined about this issue in this position http://wiki.ahlolbait.ir/ولايتعهدى_امام_رضا_عليه_السلام
  22. Salamun Alaikum Brother! Well lets see the direction of the flow of divine mercy in the munajaat of Amirul Mo'mineen (عليه السلام): Mowlaya Ya Mowla, ant Al-Mowla wa ana al-abd Wa hal yarhamul abda illal-Mowla If everything is like what has been mentioned in the OP, One can ask question that upon whom God becomes merciful, if everything is God?
  23. 1. Dua e Tawasssul begins by requesting Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) to be our waseelah to reach Allah and after that come the other Masomeen(عليه السلام) 2. The recommended etiquette of dua for Shias is that dua should start by saying darood/blessings on the Prophet Muhammad(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) so we use Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) as waseelah in every single dua. The others waseelahs are additional. We beseech to a personality we feel emotionally and spiritually closest to, someone whom we remember and think of at times in our lives other than asking for Dua from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). It's natural for humans to turn to the person they feel closest to in times of difficulty. Since Shias feel very close to Masoomeen(عليه السلام) it is common that we ask them for tawassal rather than other personalities even though they are Prophets(عليه السلام).
  24. Salam I said Christians in Iran specially Armenians are using waseelah of Abbas not Iraq anyway Christians in Iraq are widely cooperating with Shias in ten first days of Muharram & Arbaeen pilgrimage Tawassul (Entreaty) to Imam al-Jawad (a) For his ziyarah text see ziyarah text of Imam al-Jawad (a). According to consults of some Shi'a scholars, some Shi'as make tawassul to Imam al-Jawad (a) for increase in their daily sustenance and solution of their material problems and call him Bab al-Hawa'ij [Gate of Requests]. An example of such consults is quoted by the Second Majlisi from Abu l-Wafa' Shirazi who claimed that the Prophet (s) advised him in his dream to make Tawassul to Imam al-Jawad (a) in material issues.[94][95] According to a hadith Dawud al-Sayrafi transmitted from Imam al-Hadi (a), visiting the shrine of Imam al-Jawad (a) has great rewards.[96] Also in a letter to Imam al-Hadi (a), Ibrahim b. 'Uqba asked about visiting the shrines of Imam al-Husayn (a), Imam al-Kazim (a) and Imam al-Jawad (a), and Imam al-Hadi (a) mentioned visiting the shrine of Imam al-Husayn (a) more important and said that visiting all the three is perfect and has many rewards.[97] The shrine of Imam al-Jawad (a) and Imam al-Kazim (a) is in Baghdad, where Muslims and especially Shi'a visit. They visit his shrine in Kadhimiya and make entreaty to him. In the martyrdom anniversary of Imam al-Jawad (a), Shi'a hold mourning ceremonies, recite elegies and beat their chests http://en.wikishia.net/view/Imam_Muhammad_b._'Ali_al-Jawad_(a) http://fa.wikishia.net/view/باب_الحوائج --------------- also Hazrat Abbas (رضي الله عنه) is Bab al-Hawa'ij like as Ali Asghar (رضي الله عنه) that martyred as infant on chest of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) & buried with him in same grave on his chest & it's proved that these two are fulfilling requests like as Imam Jawad (عليه السلام) although nothing said about being these two as Bab al-Hawa'ij but it proven for these two several times & Hazrat Abbas (رضي الله عنه) has more popularity than the other two Bab al-Hawa'ij Miracle of H. `Abbas ع, Ya Bab al-Hawa'ij this is because they influenced by Jewish stories about Lady Mary (sa) & have doubt about her pureness & closeness to Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) also they see Jesus christ as God or something as godly creature that was body of God on Earth but we Shias don't have this idea Hazrat Abbas (رضي الله عنه) was like shadow of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) & closest person from non Masums to him that Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) doesn't reject a request through him but all Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) that Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) although their high position are lower than Allah & Prophet Muhammad (pbu) but they are higher than rest of Prophets (عليه السلام) that Sunnis don't accept it that Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) are higher than other Prophets (عليه السلام) except Prophet Muhammad (pbu) but it recorded in Sunni books that in time of Umar ,he asked from uncle of Prophet (pbu) as waseelah that he prays for rain حدثنا الحسن بن محمد قال حدثنا محمد بن عبد اللهالأنصاري قال حدثني أبي عبد الله بن المثنى عن ثمامة بن عبد الله بن أنس عنأنس أن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه كان إذا قحطوا استسقى بالعباس بن عبدالمطلب فقال اللهم إنا كنا نتوسل إليك بنبينا صلى الله عليه وسلم فتسقيناوإنا نتوسل إليك بعم نبينا فاسقنا قال فيسقونصحیح بخاری،دار الفكر للطباعة والنشر والتوزيع،سال چاپ : 1401 - 1981 م،جلد دوم ،ص16 عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ : أنّه كَانَ إِذَا قَحَطُوا اسْتَسْقَى بِالْعَبَّاسِ بْنِ عَبْدِالْمُطَّلِبِ ، فَقَالَ: اللَّهُمَّ إِنَّا كُنَّا نَتَوَسَّلُ إِلَيْكَ بِنَبِيِّنَا فَتَسْقِينَ،ا وَإِنَّا نَتَوَسَّلُ إِلَيْكَ بِعَمِّ نَبِيِّنَا فَاسْقِنَا، قَالَ: فَيُسْقَوْنَ. (بخارى:1010) صحيح بخارى ، ج2 ، ص16 ، ح1010 ، كتاب الإستسقاء ، باب 2 ، باب سؤال الناس الإمامة استسقاء اذا قَحَطُوا .مختصر صحیح بخاری ،ص289 When the famine was happening, Omar ibn Khattab would ask raining through Abbas and was saying: "Our Lord, we used to ask for rain through your Prophet before , and you sent down the water; now, by the uncle of our Prophet (Abbas), we ask you for rain." The narrator says: "By the prayers of Abbas, It was raining." Sahih Bukhari published 1981 1401 lunar v2 p 16 Sahih Bukhari published v2 p 16 hadith 1010 'ketab al istisqa' book of thirst chapter 2 chapter asking people imamate of thirst when there is famine http://www.askdin.com/showthread.php?t=25382 توسل عمر به عباس عموی پیامبر صلی الله علیه وآله Tawassul of Umar to Abbas uncle of Prophet (pbu)
  25. I am confused. Can anyone please simplify it with chart or something.
  26. Hi everybody. I was wondering if there were any Shias in North West Florida or Alabama. There aren’t any Shia mosques that I know of in this area and I was wondering if you know of any which have Shia attendees.
  1. Load more activity