Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen. (5:116)
  3. Is he Shi'a ? Muslim ? What is his religion? There's nothing wrong with emotions like this, however at the same time you need to balance it out with logic. Is this the type of person that you can see yourseld spening the rest of you lift with? I'm speaking from a practical perspective regarding religion, career options, nature, temperament, etc...Now, all of this is under the assumption that you are Shi'a, and that he is as well. We've all been in that boat, trust me (in fact, a lot of are still in that boat). Its nothing a little education and self enligtenment can't change. Your best and most practical course of action at this point is to seek repentance for what you did in the past. Allah in his mercy is the most beneficient and the most merciful. However, along with the desire for forgiveness, coupled with sincere repentance for what you did in the past, there has to be a desire and determination on your part to no longer engage in the Haram acts which you had indulged in previously. Please see my question about what his religion is, as well as his personal nature. Do you see him as a practical person with whom you could be happy with? With age comes maturity. Its a good thing that you mentioned this because there are a lot of people out there that don't realize this and stay on the beaten path simply because they don't want to change or advance as not only a Muslim, but also as a person overall. Your regret is a reflection of your nature and character. All repentance first begins with regret. As I mentioned before you need to take steps to remove the Haram from your life, turn it into Halal if possible. Love is a powerful tool to have in life. Understated by every definition of the word. However, even though you may not harmed anyone else, you have harmed yourselves by engaging on that paty. Again, repent with the desire of never engaging in those actions again. Make it Halal, not Haram. Fantastic, more the reason to make things Halal. If the love is that deep between the two of you then that's the first hurdle that has been overcome. However, there are further details which need to be asked and the key one is what is his religion? Shi'a women especially, are not encouraged, or sometimes permitted, to marry men that are not Shi'a. If the love between the two of you is that deep then he will be understanding of your desire to step away from Haram and engage in Halal from here on out. His love for you will allow him to respect your opinions and wishes and encourage him to agree to whatever changes you wish to make in your relationship to make it Islamically compliant. What is his opinion on making things valid from an Islamic standpoint? That is a fear we all need to accept and have it guide our lives. Allah, in his limitless love and mercy for us, knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows everything we have done in our lives and knows better than we ourselves know why we did the things we did. It is out of that logic that I say to you that you need to eliminate the Haram and head towards the Halal. There are options available to you based on what his religion is. Do keep in mind that there are also limitations if he is not a Muslim. There are many prayers that can be read from the perspective of asking for forgiveness. Allah has made many avenues for us when we choose to take that step in life. Repentance begins with regret, coupled with the sincere desire to not only acknowledge that what you did was wrong but also with the personal desire to never choose to engage in those actions again which Allah has deemed for us not to engage in. Do not fear to ask for forgiveness from Allah. His love for you is immeasureable, the main thing is to return to the rules which he set for us first, then to ask him to forgive whatever you did in the past. The door to forgiveness is always there for the repentant, its just a matter of whether we choose to enter that door. Again, you may not have to end the relationship. If he is a Shi'a there are ways in which you can make it Halal. Wonderful, this could be the beginning of a beautiful journey for the both of you. Again, to realize that and then to choose to act on that is the first step. You need to continue on that path. To fear Allah by sinning against what he has deemed invalid is the first step, not you just need to educate yourself and maintain that path. As I mentioned before, we've all been there (myself included) yet the door of Allah's mercy and love is always open. We just have to choose to walk through that door. How do you think your parents would feel about him proposing to you? Do you feel he is someone that your parents would accept and be happy with? You have to understand that as Parents (I have a 12 year old daughter myself), we tend to want and desire only that which will be of benefit to our children. I'm not speaking of worldly ambitions such as career, money or anything of that nature. I'm speaking of craving for my children that which makes them not only better Muslims, but also better human beings. To desire someone for them that is of high moral character, coupled with intelligence and morality. Do those sound like the qualitites that your Boyfriend possesses that your Parents would be happy with? Of course, please understand that all of this hinges on whether your Boyfriend is a Shi'a. I know that sounds very limiting and closed minded but please understand that from an Islamic perspective there are many details that need to be considered in order to change your Haram status to a Halal one. As a Parent, I sincerely hope you find all of the love and happiness you deserve in life as I would for my own daughter, as long as they are achieved through the proper Islamic channels.
  4. lol whats with the schoolyard hand piling? these guys are not far from kindergarten.
  5. The problem with this, is there is no longer any incentive or deterrence against sinning. It's as if one has a pre-paid ticket to heaven, and no matter what ill, sickening, vile, debaucherous evils mankind is capable of - as we see each day....it is all good, because Jesus has died for our sins of the past, our current wrong doing and any we carry out in future. Christianity unlike Judaism and Islam is arguably anarchic, there is no law as such, thanks to Paul. One can literally do as they please, they do not even have to pray. Just accept Jesus dying for their sins. It goes against the Old Testament of not passing the buck onto others or being answerable for the actions of others.
  6. Typing this from Samsung note 3 that I bought used four years ago! I hate changing phones.Not only getting a new phone just because they introduced a new version in the market a total waste a money I feel getting the new phone running(downloading all the apps,transferring the books and documents and other data saved on the phone)a total headache.I bought a S7 a couple of years ago as a second phone and it took me quite some time to 'warm up' to it.lolZ
  7. Warm greetings! I have pondered the question, How does Jesus save us? I believe His death on the cross paid the penalty for my sins, which cancelled my debt to God, makes me forgiven, sets me free. But there is more. He said of Himself... "I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day. For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment-what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has told me." - John 12:46-50 Peace and blessings!
  8. As for your friends, and you not wanting them to go to hellfire... Firstly, you don't decide & judge, God decides and judges. Secondly, if you were that keen, eager and wishful for them to be in paradise, then invite & preach to them your belief. (16:125) “Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good advice and dispute with them in a manner that is best.” And use reasoning, morals (manners and ethics) in your inviting. Expose the enemies of God, from their works. Show them the right path, also from their works. Last but not least, never ever sugarcoat or flatter with them. (e.g., saying: ‘We’re the same. We're both going to paradise!’) which is the worst mistake to be made. People flatter and sugarcoat others by the means of beauty & being well mannered (e.g., someone characterized as 'ugly,' comes and asks you, whether he/she are beautiful or not. Out of respect, you tell them, that they are beautiful). This is fine, but in terms of religion, you can’t do that. You sugarcoat another belief, and by that, you make him enter hellfire! And never forget our famous ruling: ألزِمُوهُمْ بِمَا ألزَمُوا بِهِ أنْفُسَهُمْ (6:107) “Had Allah wished they would not have ascribed partners [to Him]. And We have not appointed you over them as a guardian, nor is it your duty to watch over them.”
  9. Today
  10. The Prophet said: “Indeed, he who died on the love of my Ahlul Bayt, died on the Sunna & Jamāʻah.” (1. Tafsir Al-Qurtubi, volume 18, page 468. 2. Tafsir Al-Zamakhshari, volume 3, page 467).
  11. True. I had a Samsung Note 4, for the longest time. I since upgraded (well my old man gave me his old phone) to a Samsung S7 Edge. Never had an iPhone nor do I intend to. Hate the user interface of their phones and laptops. Not a fan. Yeah I said it.
  12. Mutah is the most practical solution (assuming he is Muslim) as you do not want to break up and want to cease haram actions.
  13. There are two types of ancient. The first is when something no longer does what you need it to, the second is when it no longer does what other people think it should. I replaced my iphone 4 last year and bought a used iphone 6. I paid £269 (U$350) for a 128gb model. Still working fine. I replaced it because the iphone4 was no longer updating the OS and apps like whatsapp were no longer working. To be honest I probably delayed the upgrade longer than I should have done. Replying to work-related outlook messages is so much easier and I can make better use of dead time in the barber's etc. But the overall point remains, which is to upgrade when you need to and not when the phone company's product replacement cycle suggests you should.
  14. Guest

Relationship

For the previous advice on Mutah (https://m.wikihow.com/Do-Mutah) I hope he is a Muslim. If he is not, a Muslim girl can’t marry a non-Muslim, so you will need to part ways right away and for good.
  15. Guest

Relationship

Do Aqd Mutah immediately so you both are out of this circle of haram relationship. You don’t want to remain in this state for even a second. What if you die today and be in the group of Satan. You both need to come into the realm of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) right away. It’s easy to be in the realm of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Visit this link: https://m.wikihow.com/Do-Mutah Then go to a Shia Alim and tell him your situation. Depending on what you knew or didn’t know, he will suggest a solution. I won’t say more because I know more info would confuse you further.
  16. I’ve heard about that Hadith saying ‘in my ummah there will be 72 sects in hell and 1 in heaven, and it will be the jaa’ma’ in this case doesn’t jaa’ma mean main group of Muslims? Which we are 2nd biggest. Can someone help me understand this quote? Also, if we are the saved sects, what about the other Muslims? I don’t want them to go to hell, and my Sunni friends feel the same about me.
  17. If you are a sister, friendship with him isn't permissible in the way the OP seems to imply. If not, Sistani has said you may treat them with dignity, honour, help them in their needs, so long as they do not make you go against your religion or try to misguide you. They are your fellow human beings, you share humanity with them.
  18. @Mohammadi_follower @Abu Hadi I haven't watched the show, never will but from Quora : At the most, I'd say that the portrayal of incest among two of the major characters on such a popular show might lead to more fictional portrayals of incest (on TV, movies, in books, etc.) I think it's largely because we see these people as much more than incestuous creatures. They're partners who're good parents too. Cersei is as overprotective as an Indian mother! Jaime's love for her seems pretty normal too once he's shown in an empathetic light. Targaryens have also been marrying brothers and sisters for years, and seeing the person Dany is, she's turned out just fine. So was Rhaegar.So I guess incest has been normalised in my thinking, thanks to the show.
  19. Correction: the aforementioned location, is present day Hauran or Daraa. Also, there’s a valley in Jordan, named ‘Al-Wadi Al-Yabis,’ it was later renamed however, to ‘Wadi Al-Rayyan.’
  20. Thank u so much What does "obey" exactly mean? Like in everything , I'm not allowed to agree with him n do what he wants?
  21. This attitude of denial is ironically, indirectly confirming Op's point in a way.
  22. Seriously? I chose it as any other source or article I provide would be conveniently dismissed by you as Western, Zionist, Wahabi, Shirazi propaganda. So I posted an Encyclopedia entry - but even that is an ideological tool of the British Empire it seems . We are not exactly going to find a pro-Iranian article talking about this are we? Let's be realistic here. Either way I am not going to change your personal stance, nor do I intend to, I'm simply stating what is already known.
  23. you prefer a biased Britain source that is enemy of Islam specially Shia Islam to what other Marjas like as grand Ayatollah Sistani accepted it.
  24. Be that as it may, it is not a myth propagated by the Indy. It is widely known Ayatullah Khameni was a Hujjat al Islam at the time and upgraded for the position of Supreme Leader. To say there were not more religiously qualified, higher ranking Ayatollahs would be untrue. I understand your disagreeing my posts on this subject due to your own biases. But the facts remain. This is from the encyclopedia Britannica: https://www.britannica.com/biography/Ali-Khamenei
  1. Load more activity