Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Firstly, the video in question it's only a video its not a video that requires an scholastic response. Also from a Shia point of view we are immune from these kinds of Anti- Shia propagandist, because is nothing new hence it does not require a rebuttal. for centuries Shias have defended their faith from anti- Shia Sunni propagandist, and have dealt with everything the enemies of the Shias have thrown at us. Al hamdallah over the centuries the Sunni propagandist have continually failed in their propaganda. Example: Taufa Ithna Ashari (Urdu: تحفة اثنا عشرية‎) (Gift of Twelvers) is a highly controversial book[1] by Sunni Islamic scholar Shah Abdul Aziz This book by Shah Abdul Aziz Sunni scholar was if not the best book written against the Shia faith, however it was dealt with comprehensively by our Ullamahs. The point is you are astounded by this trivial video clip, yet you are utter novice when your own great scholars have failed.
  3. Sam Rasoul (Roanoke VA delegate) isn't Shia as far as I know, but to the average American there is no difference.
  4. Today
  5. Anyway a Shia won’t have a chance because of being a minority inside the minority also Sunni groups won’t support him & rest of Americans will relate him/her to Iran so it’s better that candidate comes as independent person & only accepts support from groups that are in coherence with Shia Islamic value either republican or Democrat
  6. Maybe. I'll check out both of those people, see if they're in my district.
  7. It's pretty nice, not too touristy, but the public schools are awful, and dealing with any government agencies is an absolute nightmare. There's at least one halal foods market, can't remember the name of it, but it's got pretty decent selection, at least it did when we lived there four years ago.
  8. Politics is no longer about running for the people. Its self endulging self fulfiling egoisticism. Its all about characters playing a role like an actor on the world stage. Shia Islam is not a movie or a theatre play. Step forward where? It's all gimick no matrer how much people try to change nothing changes. I don't follow politics but from the days I did I remember some major figure in American politics whose daughter was married to a Shia iranian influenced him to support Muslims but it was something that the men behind the scenes disapproved at the White House. Not surprisingly he disappeared from the world political stage. It doesn't matter what you try it will not work because the whole system is controled by them. The system is politics, mass media and popular culture. We do not own this complex machine and would only get hurt trying. These were not scumbags but Pakistani, brown skinned Muslims with high public profiles. It was quite obvious to the whole nation it was propaganda bullying against them by the way media dismantled them every day by finding whatever they could and by lying. Now its all finished and forgotten and lives ruined tney got what they wanted. They control the masses as they wish like puppets and the masses cannot do anything. Being a public figure as a Muslim really is not the answer these days, trust me on that.
  9. Would you vote for me if I did ?... On a side note, a Shi'a by the name of Yasmine Taeb is running for State Senate in Virginia. As is an Ahmediyya Muslim named Qasim Rashid in Virginia as well.
  10. How does this equate to superiority of Abbas(عليه السلام) over Isa(عليه السلام)? The path you are choosing is of conjecture/Qiyas and the the better description would be bil rae. Therefore I asked you to ask a proper scholar other than Hafiz Tassaduq Hussain for he is a man of Qiyas bil Rae.
  11. There would have to be too much compromise of beleifs to reach that position. I would therefore not trust such a Muslim.
  12. Did you not listen to the whole lecture. Isa(عليه السلام) has given a pledge to be a helper to Rasul Allah(sawws). Listen to lecture to understand the possession of Bil Quwa and Bil Fael.
  13. I think you're not reading the verse carefully. I have highlighted its parts
  14. I do understand bil quwah & bil fe'l. Apparently, as I mentioned earlier, it is his fazeelat that he has helped Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) Apparently, you cannot give any example where Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) has helped Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or the bearer of his minniyat. If you have any example, plz share
  15. My brother to try and portray this as some sort of superiority of Abbas(عليه السلام) above Isa(عليه السلام) Do you understand the Bil Quwa and Bil Fael.
  16. I could have asked you to explain this further first but maybe after what I state you will probably give me your understanding as well. It is the nearness to the absolute in the vertical realm and from there the lower is in need of the one above. It means that their is a hierarchy in which Isa(عليه السلام), Ruh Allah, an Ulil Azm Prophet is even further above and closer to the true reality.
  17. It's not haram per se, since it's done under the guise of a nikah/mutah. By cheat I mean go behind their first wife's back when there is a clear understanding that the wife entered the relationship in belief that he would remain faithful and monogamous. Bottom line is, lying is haram. Why would a man be exempt of that sin just because he does it to marry a second woman? Anyway, this is besides the point of your thread.
  18. I am doing nothing, this verse is not mutashabeh. I am not interpreting anything nor extrapolating anything out of this verse. Surah An-Nisa, Verse 69: وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَاءِ وَالصَّالِحِينَ وَحَسُنَ أُولَٰئِكَ رَفِيقًا And whoever obeys Allah and the Apostle, these are with those upon whom Allah has bestowed favors from among the Prophets and the truthful and the martyrs and the good, and a goodly company are they! (English - Shakir) Hazrat Abbas (عليه السلام) has indeed obeyed Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Apostle (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). He is a shaheed, Abdus-saleh and siddiq as well. He is among those upon whom Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has bestowed in'am as mentioned in the verse above. Do you have any problem in this statement? If yes, what?
  19. Salamalykum do the Shi’a view these 3 as Muslim or kaffir? I was told Muslim but there is some political issue and that is all that the dispute is. Is that true??
  20. Did you understand the Bil Quwa and Bil Fael in that speech and the degree of it's possession. (hidden/latent or apparent) My brother this is a very dangerous practice to try and gather meaning from single verse or hadith and draw conjectural inference from there. This is the reason I asked you to ask some truly learned scholar. Maybe brother @Ibn al-Hussain might be able to help us.
  21. What do you mean by cheat. As in they have a haram relationship outside marriage ?
  22. I have asked from you to tell me what reason you have for calling him "mowla".
  23. What bil quwa and bil fe'l? What sre you talking about brother? If you're talking with reference to the verse 4:69 and trying to question why I have used it as reference here, let me know and I will explain. Although if you just go back and read my responses you would probably not require any explanation. Perhaps you need to see the translation of this verse: Surah An-Nisa, Verse 69: وَمَن يُطِعِ اللَّهَ وَالرَّسُولَ فَأُولَٰئِكَ مَعَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِم مِّنَ النَّبِيِّينَ وَالصِّدِّيقِينَ وَالشُّهَدَاءِ وَالصَّالِحِينَ وَحَسُنَ أُولَٰئِكَ رَفِيقًا And whoever obeys Allah and the Apostle, these are with those upon whom Allah has bestowed favors from among the Prophets and the truthful and the martyrs and the good, and a goodly company are they! (English - Shakir)
  24. Now in view of just the Bil Quwa and Bil Fael do you see that you and others might have misunderstood as in your view above and some others in defense. Ask any learned scholar rather than that Lahori Qiyas filled Hafiz Tassaduq Hussain.
  25. I don’t think its dying, many people cheat on their first wives and keep secret second wives. Also, western people are becoming more open to polygamy and that's bound to affect Muslims' practice of polygamy because alot of people are probably held back by societal views towards polygamous relationships.
  26. Salaam would any here consider getting/being a second wife. As it seems to be a dying sunnah.
  1. Load more activity