Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I think in our times, especially in the west, marrying a second wife would be problematic. If you can get the first wife's permission, then go for it. But if the first wife doesn't give you permission, although you can still marry a second wife, obviously there is a high chance that the first marriage will end in shambles.
  3. I will not speculate on the nature of God. I used to teach Philosophy 101 and Descartes's skepticism and meditations. I think, therefore, I am. I am certain that God exists. It's a matter of the heart and not something that can be ascertained rationally; and the history of philosophy demonstrates this. My knowledge in every sense is limited. My knowledge is based on my circumstances, contexts, cultures, experiences, nurturing and etc. My knowledge is limited, because as a human, I am limited, physically and mentally. My knowledge is limited because I am limited to a specific time and space. It's always possible and perhaps even probable that I am wrong. Yes. However, the possibility of me being wrong doesn't affect the possibility of the counter-argument being right. There could be a third argument that's correct. If he does, then his post certainly doesn't show it. You're right. I apologize and am sorry. It's just that fancy, poetic, yet meaningless and unexamined statements have become a pet peeve of mine. It results in some sort of new age spirituality, baseless, and not grounded in God's revelation. This is why I always repeatedly and continuously ask for solid and acceptable narrations from Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام). Sophistry is fancy and stimulating, but it doesn't help one spiritually.
  4. Are you married to 1 in the first place?
  5. Thats not the reason brother. The actual reason is we all got banned or left the forum long time ago. I'm back now..for a while..
  6. Today
  7. It's all about Pakistanis now with a population of over 1 billion on the Indian subcontinent its no surprise Pakistanis have taken over shiachat lol. What's the population of Lebanon?
  8. Ah. The nice old days. When Lebanese conquered ShiaChat Lebanese Shia Rights Watch Activist
  9. Your right. Don't forget the saying 'wolves in sheeps clothes'. Nowadays people use Islam as a bandwagon to further their interests and gain recognition and popularity in a indirect way.
  10. But does being a Shia mean coming from Iran? Shias live in many countries.
  11. No, he agrees with me 100%... I know this because I agree with what he said and the way he said it 100%. I simply reworded what he said in the hope that it may sound more agreeable to you. Ponder: Can there be knowing without presence? NO Can there be presence without knowing? NO This is because: knowing = presence and presence = knowing. If there is presence, how can it be asserted unless there is also a knowing.. If there is a knowing, then the knowing is also present. How certain are you that you exist? What if you are a dream that will turn out to be something unreal. Are you certain of this? How are you so certain of this? Is there certitude of this? How certain? How can you be certain? Limited in what sense? In terms of certitude? Meaning, is this knowing kind of defective? Could you turn out to be wrong (is there a defect in this certitude) about your knowing of God and yourself? I am sure he will agree with what I have said. By the way, there is no need to be rude dear brother. We can still love each other inshallah despite our disagreements.
  12. Salaam Aleikum, Salvation comes from believing in God and having Taqwa. “O you who believe! Fear (Attaqū) Allah as he should be feared.” (Qur'an 3:102) “Verily, the most honourable of you in the sight of Allah is he who is the most righteous (Atqākum).” (Qur'an 49:13) Taqwa, which is fearing of God have two sides. One side of Taqwa is absence and protecting yourself from sinning. And another side is the 'Amal al-Salih, doing the good deeds. Both of them need to be practiced at the same time to achieve the Taqwa. Of course nothing can be achieved by ourselves but by God help it is possible. This is why the first step is always from ourselves and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will guide us the rest. This same message have always been teached by the Prophets. Prophet Ezekiel (عليه السلام) said similiar: But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself. Ezekiel 3:19 "Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin.Ezekiel 3:20 No one can die for you and give you Salvation. No innocent soul can die to the wicked person to save him. Everyone have their own choose to either follow God and have Taqwa or die as a sinner. These following verses are the base of the whole message of the Prophets (عليه السلام) to the people: Indeed, We guided him to the way, be he grateful or be he ungrateful Qur'an 76:3 -- Proverbs 4:14-19 New International Version (NIV) 14 Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers. 15 Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way. 16 For they cannot rest until they do evil; they are robbed of sleep till they make someone stumble. 17 They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence. 18 The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. 19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble. -- There are two paths before you; you may take only one path. One doorway is narrow. And one door is wide. Go through the narrow door. For the wide door leads to a wide path, and the wide path is broad; the wide, broad path is easy, and the wide, broad, easy path has many, many people on it; but the wide, broad, easy, crowded path leads to death. 14 Now then that narrow door leads to a narrow road that in turn leads to life. It is hard to find that road. Not many people manage it. Matthew 7:13-14
  13. I think people are prone to have diseases. But also many people tend to blame bad things that happen to them on sins, or envy or whatever it is, rather than face the problem they are in.
  14. Firstly, the video in question it's only a video its not a video that requires an scholastic response. Also from a Shia point of view we are immune from these kinds of Anti- Shia propagandist, because is nothing new hence it does not require a rebuttal. for centuries Shias have defended their faith from anti- Shia Sunni propagandist, and have dealt with everything the enemies of the Shias have thrown at us. Al hamdallah over the centuries the Sunni propagandist have continually failed in their propaganda. Example: Taufa Ithna Ashari (Urdu: تحفة اثنا عشرية‎) (Gift of Twelvers) is a highly controversial book[1] by Sunni Islamic scholar Shah Abdul Aziz This book by Shah Abdul Aziz Sunni scholar was if not the best book written against the Shia faith, however it was dealt with comprehensively by our Ullamahs. The point is you are astounded by this trivial video clip, yet you are utter novice when your own great scholars have failed.
  15. Sam Rasoul (Roanoke VA delegate) isn't Shia as far as I know, but to the average American there is no difference.
  16. Anyway a Shia won’t have a chance because of being a minority inside the minority also Sunni groups won’t support him & rest of Americans will relate him/her to Iran so it’s better that candidate comes as independent person & only accepts support from groups that are in coherence with Shia Islamic value either republican or Democrat
  17. Maybe. I'll check out both of those people, see if they're in my district.
  18. It's pretty nice, not too touristy, but the public schools are awful, and dealing with any government agencies is an absolute nightmare. There's at least one halal foods market, can't remember the name of it, but it's got pretty decent selection, at least it did when we lived there four years ago.
  19. Politics is no longer about running for the people. Its self endulging self fulfiling egoisticism. Its all about characters playing a role like an actor on the world stage. Shia Islam is not a movie or a theatre play. Step forward where? It's all gimick no matrer how much people try to change nothing changes. I don't follow politics but from the days I did I remember some major figure in American politics whose daughter was married to a Shia iranian influenced him to support Muslims but it was something that the men behind the scenes disapproved at the White House. Not surprisingly he disappeared from the world political stage. It doesn't matter what you try it will not work because the whole system is controled by them. The system is politics, mass media and popular culture. We do not own this complex machine and would only get hurt trying. These were not scumbags but Pakistani, brown skinned Muslims with high public profiles. It was quite obvious to the whole nation it was propaganda bullying against them by the way media dismantled them every day by finding whatever they could and by lying. Now its all finished and forgotten and lives ruined tney got what they wanted. They control the masses as they wish like puppets and the masses cannot do anything. Being a public figure as a Muslim really is not the answer these days, trust me on that.
  20. Would you vote for me if I did ?... On a side note, a Shi'a by the name of Yasmine Taeb is running for State Senate in Virginia. As is an Ahmediyya Muslim named Qasim Rashid in Virginia as well.
  21. How does this equate to superiority of Abbas(عليه السلام) over Isa(عليه السلام)? The path you are choosing is of conjecture/Qiyas and the the better description would be bil rae. Therefore I asked you to ask a proper scholar other than Hafiz Tassaduq Hussain for he is a man of Qiyas bil Rae.
  22. There would have to be too much compromise of beleifs to reach that position. I would therefore not trust such a Muslim.
  23. Did you not listen to the whole lecture. Isa(عليه السلام) has given a pledge to be a helper to Rasul Allah(sawws). Listen to lecture to understand the possession of Bil Quwa and Bil Fael.
  24. I think you're not reading the verse carefully. I have highlighted its parts
  25. I do understand bil quwah & bil fe'l. Apparently, as I mentioned earlier, it is his fazeelat that he has helped Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) Apparently, you cannot give any example where Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) has helped Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or the bearer of his minniyat. If you have any example, plz share
  1. Load more activity