Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. In communities in China (not sure if they are Uyghur or Chinese) you will find female Imams leading prayer, but it is only a female congregation. Strange how the practice continues, but further west along the Silk Route, zilch. Or maybe it isn't strange, maybe other cultures had an influence, while the Chinese Muslims remained uninfluenced. Nothing to do with the question, just thought I'd throw it out there. They don't disregard the entirety, my experience going to holy mass was that the Book of Isaiah gets a lot of attention, some of the Psalms and anything that apparently predicted Jesus, peace be upon him. The more Jewish, more conservative stuff, these are about as forsaken as the cushions on the pews.
  3. No, it’s not edited. There are recorded videos of it.
  4. AstaghfirAllah, Computer Animated, it’s obviously photoshopped or the Muslims forgot how to form a single row behind her. She must be leading the obligatory congregational Valentine’s Day prayer?
  5. On an unrelated note, we as Muslims are by far the worst at naming our websites... they are either misleading or too similar to each other. al-Islam (Shia Jafari) alislam (Ahmaddiya) islamqa.info (Sunni Salafi) islamqa.org (Sunni Deobandi - mostly) shiatv.net (Shia Jafari) twelvershia .net (ANTI-Shia Jafari) [TSD website] chiite.fr (ANTI-Shia Jafari) shiascans.com (ANTI-Shia Jafari) ...and don't even get me started on Qur'an websites, tafsir websites, news, bookstores, etc., where the names are all super similar. To be fair though, what else could we (have) possibly name(d) them? And to be fair, the misleading ones are intentionally misleading.
  6. Today
  7. Beware of https://www.alislam.org which is an Ahmaddiya website.
  8. @AmirioTheMuzzythat’s so true. The Bible wasn’t even written by God. The injeel was but not the Bible. On Quora somebody asked ‘is Islam like the continuation of Judaism and Christianity?’ and a Christian women replied ‘No, because Jesus taught us to love while Muslims believe their false Prophet Muhammad was a Prophet even though he was a war monger and killed many people. Go read the Koran yourself’ She was very anti-Muslim and stuff so
  9. @Hassan- Ameen. This is just one of the things. In all honesty. I have come to find that taqqiya, in terms of hiding true beliefs is a Sunni thing, not Shia thing. Another great example is hadith thaqalayn.
  10. Read the first comments on that blog post. Brother 'Bassam' is absolutely correct, may Allah bless him.
  11. don’t expect much...that's all I'll say bhai.
  12. Depends who's making it brother. If you eat dolma made by anyone other than an Iraqi...prepared to be disappointed, I'm afraid.
  13. Thank you brothers ^^ I will pen my thoughts but perhaps after the 23rd Just a short question to the brothers for now How will we as lay people know that when Imam Al Asr(عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف) gives us an order, if it is Mawlawi or Irshadi? Other than that for now Br @Ibn al-Hussain is staying well ahead of the curve but that was expected. I have a feeling he must be quite a radical in his family who for the most of them are hardcore tabbarra Syeds., at least the London ones are.
  14. I am very fond of Sheikh Farhan Al-Maliki and Adnan Ibrahim, but I always get Ridvan Aydemir and that David Wood suggested on the side. People must go from Mainstream Muslim to Pro-Alid/Hadith Questioners to Full Blown Islamic Critics.
  15. Motivation comes from proper contemplation. When the subconscious is convinced that it must act, then it will drive you to act. If it has doubts (or is forgetful) then it will falter. You must teach the subconscious through exhaustive contemplation. You can also teach it through action that removes it's aversion to performing that act. BTW listen to David Goggins. He swears a lot but you will benefit from him. His life-story is extraordinary and it will make you feel humble. He shares that view with you about (not benefiting from) listening to the motivational speech of others.
  16. Playing Marvel Avengers until Fajr does not count as being 'Possessed via Facebook'
  17. There is nothing wrong with that verse. The Jews did want to crucify him since he was the messiah but people will say ‘He’s not the Jewish messiah so this is verse makes the Qur'an false’ the Jews were mocking the Christians that’s all
  18. Assalamu aleykium brothers and sisters. So according to Sistani and others Ramadan started in Sweden 7/5. This means that Laylatul qadr is 24/5 (19th day), 26/5 (21th day) and 28/5 (23th day). I want to pray as much and do the most right on these nights. My question is if someone can really in depth make a list what to pray and exactly when. Is it from Iftar to Imsak? Thank you all
  19. A former member of American terrorist army speaking about war with Iran: https://pikinta.com/post/6Kc5hSYsp5V
  20. Brother @Ashvazdanghe already posted fatwa from some top muqallad. If taraweeh is considered haraam then there's no point in asking if it is allowed with 'Forada' niyyat. It's altogether haraam. Also, the fatwa of Sayed Ali Sistani you posted tells about regular prayers and in that too you only have to synchronize action with Sunni imaam otherwise it is as good as praying forada and alone. Unity is neither in usool e deen nor in furoo e deen to ve wajib on us. Why do we need to compromise our beliefs every time for unity. Why can't we just follow our own things and co-exist peacefully in society.
  21. Salaam, So I've got a good story here Me and one of my family members were going over our relatives' (90% born in Pakistan) and we were getting confused as to why 99% of them were born in the winter... Took only 5 minutes to arrive at the chucklesome conclusion. The laughter hurt. Anyone else have some laughable stories they'd like to share?
  22. I'm done @3wliya_maryam I hope you're not getting annoyed by all the laughter in your thread, I'm sure your post is probably really nice.
  23. Arguably, this verse can be used to imply a prophecy of someone coming (as said by Buddha apparently): And Ānanda, suppressing his tears, said to the Blessed One: "Who shall teach us when thou art gone?" And the Blessed One replied: "I am not the first Buddha who came upon Earth, nor shall I be the last. In due time another Buddha will arise in the world, a Holy One, a supremely enlightened One, endowed with wisdom in conduct, auspicious, knowing the universe, an incomparable leader of men, a master of angels and mortals. He will reveal to you the same eternal truths which I have taught you. He will preach his religion, glorious in its origin, glorious at the climax, and glorious at the goal, in the spirit and in the letter. He will proclaim a religious life, wholly perfect and pure; such as I now proclaim." Ānanda said: "How shall we know him?" The Blessed One said: "He will be known as Metteyya, which means 'he whose name is kindness.'"
  24. Oh Maryam. Well done. A nice thread . First of all, tnx for tagging me! To be honest, I've been always struggling with being motivated ! Wish I could share the pic of my room which I have a board in it that I've written many many inspirational words on it . One of the reasons that I ended up being an introverted is that I prefer to have my own world with no expectation from anyone. I should cheer myself up when I feel down ,I do get help from others too but I'm not dependent on them, actually whenever I relied on them for this , I learned that I shouldn't have ! It's good that ppl correct u when ur wrong, but they also kinda make u doubt urself . I mean imagine u have a goal n ur supposed to do as hard as u can to achieve it but instead u waste ur time thinking if ur goal is right or not , bcuz ur friend has made u doubt ur goal ! This is another reason of me being introverted! So yeah , I know these all, but after all I find myself with self doubt !! I could be a way muuccchhhh better n more successful person if I didn't doubt my abilities...
  1. Load more activity