Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I agree with you because the verses of the Qur'an say that those people preferred men over women. Prophet Lut (عليه السلام) said it in a way as if their bodily need wasn't natural. It seems to me that these verses describe people who were experimenting shamelessly. It also says "And leave what your Lord has created for you of your wives?"
  3. Salam... this is my understanding. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows the ultimate reason. Whatever He created, are all good. He created Ahmad on the first place (best creation and for the best reason) and the rest of creation came from him (at the higher heaven). Everything in the creation are in obedience until Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) decided to elevate humans and jinns in term of superiority. Adam was His first Representative and given the Noor of Ahmad and free wills . All in the creation accepted the term, except Iblis. Iblis was the first to disobey and started the satanic path (stop from being superior). He is allowed to fool humans and Jinns. Adam through his own free wills was fool by Satan and was brought down to lower heaven. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) accepted Adam's return (after a long test) and he was made a Prophet (the Noor of Ahmad was given back and this time is only to guide humans so they will not fall into satanic path again). From Adam (عليه السلام) came all other Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Representatives. They have the tasks to bring humans to superior status (closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through worship) using free wills, and taught humans and jinns to worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and on how to fight the satanic path created by Iblis. All the creation in the universe (solar system, galaxies...) that we can see with our eyes and hearts (spiritual world) are all good, except humans and jinns. Humans and jinns can set themselves at the level of worshipping (superior), satanic path (worst) or blended with both while in testing mode. Angels and other creation, their fate and future are sealed...they will follow whatever Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has destined for them. Fate of humans and jinns will be determined after their free wills are used up during testing period (lower heaven). History showed that some were successful and some failed. Now we have to decide for ourselves and our future. We will ultimately know the true reasons for the creation in the hereafter...many will regret and wanted to come back to lower heaven and undergo the test again. Too late. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will clean the dirty souls through hell and bless the purified souls with eternal blessings. Wallahualam.
  4. This is the reason I told you brother to talk to an educated scholar rather than the one liners above which is filled with qiyas. Send a question to any marja site for an answer as to who is higher in the hierarchy Isa(عليه السلام) or Abbas(عليه السلام). Please do not confuse yourself any further in your own conjecture.
  5. So long as there is an awareness or acknowledgement of the negative effects of such identifications and therefore limitations then this is all that is required (and this is, frankly, all that can possibly be done!). So, if one sees himself being targeted for “simply being who he/she cannot not be”, and if a means of defense (in the modern context/ modern world) is in none other than a social movement, then, like you said, “so be it”. I would like to emphasize that the “mere awareness” of of one’s identification with a certain tendency is already a step in de-identification.
  6. I can see that you have not truly understood the first bold hence you would not so adamantly defend your conjecture. The second bold is a very dangerous slippery slope as you do not have the right tools and knowledge to make a judgement or opinion. I hope you see where you are going wrong my brother.
  7. As an iranian I would with a lot of pleasure encourage such things. But absolutely not now. Currently Iran face many social and economic problems and have a lot of difficulties to help all iranian citizens so this is not at all the moment to welcome other immigrants. If these problems are resolved I would be among the first ones to welcome non iranian Shias to do their hijras to Iran and help to build a better Islamic society.
  8. The issue of identity is political, mostly. Building this identity reinforces the LGBT community, and its pressure on certain behaviours in society. Most see the negative effects, which I can understand. However, I prefer all the negative effects over living in fear for having certain feelings or certain effeminacy or whatever. In many countries we are killed without any reason except homophobia. Thus, if identifying as gay reinforces that political and social pressure over homophobes, so be it.
  9. I am not talking about asylum and I am not talking a mass influx of immigrants either.I meant a carefully controlled long term work and later on maybe citizenship option for skilled and professional Shia people who might be interested in moving from a non Islamic country to a Shia country.
  10. Today
  11. Walaikum as salam. Each country has a responsibility towards its citizens. There is no reason why Iran or any other country should facilitate immigration for anyone unless it somehow benefits their economy, society or development. Asylum for humanitarian purposes is the only other reason but this should be done within sustainable limits (not like what is currently happening in Europe) Wallahu a'lam
  12. For the occasion I will be having a nice Easter dinner with my family and eating chocolate even though I'm no longer Christian but its traditional and nice. I don't like the look of that pink chocolate blockquote widget
  13. Fat

Hijri dates

Assalam alaikum, I would like to know which hijri date to be followed if you live in Saudi Arabia? Some people follow Iran hijri calendar and some follow Indian or Pakistani. Please can anyone give me proper answer quoting it from Ayatollahs. I have tried searching but I couldn't find it. Thank you
  14. ......and here I was cutting back on the chocolate.....
  15. That looks yummy! I’ve not tried Ruby chocolate before. The only Easter eggs I’ve bought so far are to give out to the neighbour kids. Might have to treat myself to this though.
  16. Lol apparently it's now a sin to marry someone older than you. It's a matter of personal preference. It's also apparently wrong to ask the potential bride for her own opinion on a man who would like to marry her. Our opinions are irrelevant. The OP should tell his daughter and she should make an informed decision based on what she believes to be in her best interest. Just because you don’t like something doesnt mean the whole world agrees with you...
  17. Hi SoP Thanks for the link. I was not irked at all, my friend. I merely thought that we would never end the discussion the way we were going. I have not been part of this in any major way either now or in the past. Nor do I particularly wish to because I believe it is just a scam meant to lead people to more loathing for an already battered victim. Anyway, this topic has been hanging around in this site for years now and we really need to bring it to a satisfactory close. So while the others seem to be enjoying their Easter break, I'll butt in briefly with my position on the link you have kindly sent. On page 3, the link has quoted verses Q. 2:125 and Q. 3:146. And Q .2:125 does indeed correspond to the Hafs mentioned in that link. But Q. 3:146 has neither QATAL nor QUTIL in my 4 Qurans. rather QAATALA. So I do not know what they are talking about. Anyway, assuming that I am missing something, we still need to know how and where we can get hold of this other version. I don't think it is possible to look into this matter much further in its absence. We need to study and analyze the material that enabled them to list a large number of differences between the two versions and then document them. Whether it is well and truly another version or perhaps someone's penciled copy created centuries ago and then recreated multiple times, only God knows! But we should somehow find this mysterious monster before we can proceed further. I, for one, believe that without this elusive book, the discussion will amount to nothing more than groping in the dark. Unfortunately, I am sorry I do not have the resources for this enormous task. And without it, I believe everyone here will merely be wasting their time. But maybe someone at this site knows where to find it or how to go about the discussion without it. All the best Cheers
  18. By everything you probably mean “everything other than God”. This is because He is Al-Noor or the Light, and as such, He must shine by creating or else He would not be light. So God must show mercy because He is merciful. The creative act is like the shining of light. God cannot but be merciful and therefore He cannot but shine His light. This is why’s God Himself says in the Qur'an: That He has made mercy compulsory for Himself (He is compelled to be merciful). Kataba Ala Nafsihi Rahmah. For humans to attain their purpose. So that they can carry out His commmands. Humans are created to know God through God. If the universe a a circle, then the human that fulfills his function is like the center of that circle. Without the center there is no circle. He has to but Shine (create). Again, “kataba ala nafsihi rahma” (He made mercy compulsory upon Himsef”).
  19. Every one of these principles that are loved by Allah (s.wt) are mentioned in the Qur'an. So we must follow them if we truly love Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and if you want Him to truly love you. 1. Allah loves those who do good to others. (give right advice, become friendly, help people achieve good things (ihsan = offer good to others), be a source of peace and reconciliation not enmity or separation, tries to reduce conflict, be a good listener to peoples problems. 2. Allah loves those who oftly repent. The moment a Muslim notices a behaviour or approach which is disliked by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) he will at least do something about it. Ask for forgiveness and be seriously firm to not do it again. He must not view the sin as something insignificant 3. Indeed Allah loves those who are pure. Allah loves those who are pure in terms of ghusl and wudhu'. He also loves those who purify their souls from negative attitudes from all vices. 4. Indeed Allah loves those who are pious Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) ordered and commanded us to do certain things so we are always there and anything he dislikes and made forbidden, he is never available. There are different levels to piety and the pinnacle of it is 'Isma which is Infallibility, which is only available to the Prophets ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).a) and the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام)) 5. Indeed Allah loves those are patient. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) orders us to be patient when making a decision or taking actions by always weighing the benefits and disadvantages of an action. Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) has said that "Patience is in accordance to the faith, as the head is in accordance to the body". As the body is useless without the head, faith is useless without patience. So Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) implies that patience is essential to your faith in Allah (s.wt). 6. Indeed Allah loves those who trust in him. You must do everything you can do to achieve the result but you must always end it with insha'Allah because everything lies in the hands of him. Never think that you are the absolute determiner of your fate. You must rely on the will of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) 7. Indeed Allah loves those who observe maximum justice. You must forbid what is evil and enjoin what is good. Reference:
  20. Who might be busy celebrating with their families. @Murtaza1 There isn't a big number of active Christians members on the site at the moment, so we aren't expecting replies.
  21. Salam everyone, Should Iran allow and facilitate the immigration of non Iranians to Iran? Give them iranian citizenship, allow them to own properties etc? By non Iranians I mean Shia Muslims from other countries who would want to integrate in the Islamic society whose foundations were laid down at the time of revolution. I must admit I am not very well informed on the subject but as far as I know a large area of Iran is uninhabited. Economic resources might be an issue but that can be tackled since the influx of people will bring some resources and generate others as the people settle down.
  22. Let's also wish a blessed Passover to our Jewish friends.
  23. eThErEaL

Belief in God

But the fluctuations between gluons and quarks (which constitute this so called “empty space”) from where these particals “come from” are like lumps that quickly come in and out of existence. Go straight to time: 3:42 So Revert has a point if he adjusts his statement to refer to the field of fluctions between gluons and quarks rather than the quantum particals. Quantum physics is fun and interesting. But it only makes sense when understood metaphysically! The reason it can only make sense metaphysically is because in this science one is forced to resort to the something supra-rational (to something that is beyond logical analysis) or else it will remain as an enchanting enigma. I encourage everyone to read the works of the Physicist Wolfgang Smith. Heidegger once made a very interesting observation about Modern Science. He said that what defines Modern Science is Planck’s assertion that reality is inherently measurable (anything that cannot be measured is not considered reality). And this is the main pitfal of Modern Science and it takes Quantum Physics to wake up the Modernists.
  1. Load more activity