Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi , if it be radical Muslim act they will be Wahabists/Salafis or Sunnis that affected with their ideology because Buddhists nearly one year ago attacked to Sunni Muslims there Shia Muslims are very small minority there & nobody knows about them but also radical Buddhists can be candidates
  3. Well on principles I could agree with you but I prefer that when people murder 300 innocents they don't revendicate it in the name of my religion.
  4. Or maybe you don't understand HInduism! It is funny because I was literally just talking to a Hindu a moment ago and we were just talking about worship and practices, and we were getting along just fine! By the way, I have studied a lot of Eastern Religions from very accomplished teachers in their traditions and am very familiar with them. I am not speaking based on a google search or from what my local Imam or Mullah said at a mosque on Jumma or the speaker during Muharram or Ramadhan has preached about. Most of these speakers are not worth their salt when they start talking about other religions.
  5. It doesn't matter. Buddhist extremist or Islamist terrorists or White Supremacist terrorists, they all are going to fry side by side in hell.
  6. Surah al Jumuah of the Qur'an Not seen anything about literally "gentiles" in translations. Surah al-Jum’a - Verse 2 2. He it is Who sent amongst the unlettered ones a Messenger from amongst themselves to recite unto them His Verses, to foster them and absolve them of polytheism and discord, and teach them the Heavenly Book and Wisdom. And indeed, they had been formerly in manifest error. This blessed and significant Verse treats of Divine Unity and Attributes as well as the Prophetic Call of the Prophet of the Islamic faith (S) interrelated with Divine Might, Wisdom, and Holiness, saying that He is the One Who appointed a Messenger from amongst the unlettered to recite His Verses unto them and purify them in the light of the recitation of these Verses from any kind of polytheism, error, and corruption and also teach them the Book and Wisdom, though they were formerly in manifest error. It is worthy of note that the Prophetic Call, whose characteristics may not be interpreted but through inimitability reflect Divine Glory and Existence, saying that God Almighty is the One Who appointed the Messenger (S) and created such masterpiece in the process of Creation. The Arabic plural noun umiyyin whose singular form is ummi ("unlettered," attributed adjective from the nominal form umm "mother), denoting that the noble Prophet (S) did not receive any schooling but what he learned from his mother. Some scholars maintain that the word ummi connotes "from Mecca," since Mecca was called "the mother of dwelling places" (umm al-qura). According to a tradition narrated from Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام), the people of Mecca had neither Scriptures nor a Divinely appointed leader, hence the designation ummi was Divinely attributed to them.13 It is noteworthy that the blessed Verse is saying that the Noble Prophet of the Islamic faith (S) is from the same unlettered people such that the significance and greatness of his Prophetic Call be reflected and it may also demonstrate the veracity of his Call, since the Holy Qur’an, a Book with such profound and great contents and an exalted culture like the Islamic culture may not be the fruit of human thought, let alone an unlettered person who had not received any formal education. The Light shines from the shadows. It is a verdant and luxurious orchard in the heart of the desert. It is a plain miracle and a manifest proof reflecting the veracity of his Call. The blessed Verse in question summarizes the goal of the Prophetic Call in three sections: one is of the preliminary aspect, namely the recitation of Divine Verses; the two other sections, I.e. purification of the soul and teaching the Book and Wisdom constitute two great final goals. The Noble Messenger of Allah (S) was appointed to foster and educate people in terms of knowledge, ethics, and practice such that by means of the two wings, they may soar into the sky of happiness and proceed on the path toward Allah and attain to proximity with Him. It is also worthy of note that three out of four Qur’anic Verses give the precedence to self purification and one Verse gives the precedence to teaching over fostering good qualities. The point reflects that the two affect each other. Ethics is gendered by knowledge in the same manner that knowledge is gendered by ethics. The point refers to the originality of fostering good qualities. It is noteworthy, however, that rue sciences are hereby intended rather than those in the attire of sciences.14 The difference between the Book and Wisdom may be in that the former implies the Holy Qur’an and the latter alludes to the sayings and teachings of the Noble Prophet (S) termed as sunna ("tradition"). The word Book may also connote Islamic Injunctions and Wisdom may make a reference to its philosophy and secrets. The phrase "manifest error" tersely alludes to the Arabs in pre-Islamic times and the error that had cast its shadow on their societies. They were in plain error since they fashioned idols out of stone and wood and resorted to such inanimate objects in time of need. They interred their daughters alive and even took pride in such villainy saying that thus they did not let aliens lay their hands on them. Their worshipping rituals included clapping and whistling around the House of Ka‘ba which was even circumambulated by stark naked women. All kinds of superstitions prevailed over their thought. They took pride in waging war and shedding blood and plunder and regarded women as worthless merchandise on whom they gambled. Women were deprived of the most basic human rights. Hatred and enmity passed from fathers to their children as a consequence of which shedding blood and slaughter were quite common. The Noble Prophet (S) came unto them and delivered them out of the shadows of error through the Book and Wisdom. Educating such people and saving them from error and leading them unto the Straight Path is one of the glories of the Islamic faith and one of the manifest miracles of our eminent Prophet (S). https://www.al-Islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-Qur'an-vol-18/surah-al-juma-chapter-62
  7. I like the Book of Hebrews. It talks about the importance of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of our sins. I also really like the Psalms and Proverbs. They give excellent comfort and advice for those struggling with walking the Christian path.
  8. Just to clarify, the term "evangelical" is a broad term and is not restricted to a particular sect or denomination within Christianity. It is anyone who believes in the doctrines of the Protestant Reformation and believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ must be preached to all nations for the forgiveness of sins and salvation of souls. One can be an Anglican, Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, a non-denominational, etc. and be evangelical. Even some Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians label themselves as "evangelical" even though the term is normally restricted to Protestant Christians. What is described by some of our Muslim friends above are not evangelical Christians but fundamentalist Christians. Those two are very different things even though they can overlap at times. Fundies tend to be focused a lot on eschatology (especially espousing the rapture of the church and imminent coming of Jesus Christ to Earth), legalism in ethics, being pro-Israel in the Middle East conflicts, being ultra-conservative in politics, etc. I think we need to clarify some terms before some people start making unwarranted judgments about this issue.
  9. Thanks so much !!! Please keep an eye on Yasmine Taeb. She's running for State Senate for the Virginia 35th District. Her Primary is this June. She's already been attacked online for being an Irani refugee who came into the U.S. illegally when she was a child. I haven't met her so I can't say much about her. She claims to be a Shi'a. https://yasmineforvirginia.com/ Also, Qasim Rashid is running for State Senate as well for the Virginia 28th District. He's an Ahmediyya so take what you wish out of that. Him I have met and can speak for his opinions regarding Human Rights issues but nothing more than that. https://rashidforva.com/ Either way, those two are running for office in Virginia. Not sure if you live in either of those districts.
  10. Do you have a favorite book? And if so, why? I'm fond of the Palms and Proverbs, because I can always find wisdom in them and the writing (at least in most translations) is beautiful.
  11. Does anyone know of the doctrinal backgrounds about these "Islamist" terrorists? I would be curious what sect these murderers are associated with. I highly doubt they are Shia, Ibadi, Sufi, or any one of the mainstream Sunni sects.
  12. 62:1 Glorifying God is everything in the heavens and everything on Earth; the King, the Most Sacred, the Almighty, the Most Wise. 62:2 He is the One who sent to the gentiles a messenger from among them, to recite to them His revelations, purify them, and teach them the scripture and wisdom. Before this, they had gone far astray.
  13. Well I say this to some people and they get shocked as to how cursing raises our Iman. I agree with you.
  14. Today
  15. @Akbar673 I wish you success and strength, whatever you decide. I'm in Virginia, not Illinois, but if you do decide to run, I'll be following your campaign, inshallah. I wonder how much it's appropriate for Muslims to support or campaign for non-Muslim candidates who share many but not all of our values. I'm on the fence about volunteering for a candidate in my district who I really think is genuinely well intentioned, but is a long shot.
  16. Is Islamic-awareness a credible site? https://www.Islamic-awareness.org/Qur'an/text/qiraat/hafs#5
  17. The idea of one extremist group mimicking another to point a finger is not foreign. Even governments have been accused of staging attacks to continue a war, or...add leverage to gun control.
  18. This is not true brother. He is talking about another issue and just presents a hypothetical case in which he says "even if they (Aisha and ...) are XYZ". He doesn't say they are XYZ. Here is the text: Pay attention: ".........even if.......".
  19. Hi girls, im going through a phase right now. Iv recently changed contraception as me and my partner are not ready to have children. However this new contraception has changed my menses. I’m back to having them each month Im struggling when I’m on to stay close to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). And I am wondering what you do or what advice you have to feel closer to Allah during these times. Especially with Ramadan coming up so quickly I want to maintain the closeness and spirituality. What do you do ? Do you ever experience the same feeling of seperation from Allah and others when menses come around?
  20. Very interesting thread. On the weekends, I usually access ShiaChat from my phone on the fly but this weekend had to be the one my phone died on me... On a side note as @notme did ask a few posts up if I am considering running for office in the U.S. The answer is Yes. I have been giving this some serious consideration for the last few years. I would be running as a Democrat for the IL State Legislature for my district if I do decide to run. The election would be in Nov 2020 (the Presidential election). The long game would be to get elected to the U.S. House of Reps. in D.C. eventually. However, things are very much in the exploratory stages right now. Nothing has been decided. However, part of my exploration into this was this post. I wanted to get a feel for how the Shi'a Ummah on here would feel about a Shi'a running for office and what their opinion would be on it. To be true to the teaching of the Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام) would be paramount to my decisions. I would have a respected Sr. Alim on speed dial. However, whether this is an action which can be taken with a level of morality true to the Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام) is something which as of yet I have not been able to determine. This would be a task which would be answerable to Allah, since it would not only involve the livelihood of my constituents but also to be a Muslim in both the spotlight, as well as the crosshairs of the enemies of not only Islam, but also the Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام). Brother @Abu Hadi, as he always does, provided the most clear and concise information as to the feasible practicality of this endeavor. I will however say that political involvement in the U.S. amongst Muslims needs to grow. We do need more representation at both the State & National levels. As I mentioned above as well, we do have Shi'a running for office in Virginia as well as in California but we're still on the fringe. The only way to change the actions of the Govt. is to become a part of the Govt. Not to seek only a Muslim agenda but an agenda that serves the greater good for all. (I'll get off my soapbox now).
  21. I suspect that those who commit that are buddisht extremists and I have really difficulties to believe what the Sri Lankan government said about the suspect perpetrators. At least for the moment.
  22. Very interesting. I agree with you that many Shi'a ideals would have to be compromised. Politics is a dirty business indeed. However, would you say that if someone stays true to the teachings of the Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام), would you think that the Candidate would firstly, have a chance at winning the election and secondly, have a shot at being successful if they win the election. Naturally, one would have to start at the State Legislature level and then make a run at D.C. It begs the question, can a true follower of the Ahle Bayt (عليه السلام) survive in U.S. politics if his/her aim is a noble one, which does not involve personal gain but a chivalrous one in which they seek only to bring Muslim representation, then extend that to not only Muslim representation but to show by example how a Muslim isn't someone to be feared or hated but a person who seeks justice and the betterment for their constituency?
  23. People forget that Al-Khomeini, in his Al-Makasib, said that Aisha, Talha and Muawiyah are more spiritually najis than a dog or a pig.
  1. Load more activity