Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. There is nothing to like about him and that's all. No need to compare him to other evils and say he is better evil. Evil is evil, hated and cursed by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) expect if they repent their ways.
  3. Today
  4. He is a dictator and oppressor. However he is better than a western puppet or a wahabi head chopper. Many Muslims make this make of saying, I don’t support Assad because of x y and z. Ok, but what is the alternative? someone worse? We have to be pragmatic and say, we need a safe and organised Syria, therefore we can pick the best available leader. Most in the Syria conflict were tricked into thinking there is this magical perfect leader just waiting to come into power. Of course there is isnt.
  5. That would be a good place to start, just keep on applying that to everything else now.
  6. I am not certain that this is right, so Im going to throw it away as it's useless : )
  7. I still don't see any authentic narrations from the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) in your post. Wassalam
  8. If it is done the same way as Ahl Al Bayt (which is exactly what I've been saying all along) then I have literally no objection. Please read my posts fully. Please read previous replies. Others have said that a woman shouldn't be upset and doesnt have the right to, if her husband remarried behind her back. And, if you take a look around your community, most polygamous marriages are done in secret. I know at least 5 men who have families here and one secret back home. That is not the way to go about it. My entire argument is, men should either be honourable and stand up to the responsibility that comes with polygamy, and do it the exact same way our Prophets ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and Imams (عليه السلام) did it. But you are his possession and he has sole rights over you? Interesting. If you truly feel that way, it's a free country. I'm not ashamed to say I expect my husband to respect and honour me by sticking to the agreement we had when we first enter the marriage (that he will remain monogamous) unless we reach a different conclusion, freely together. Having this opinion doesnt make a person any less Islamic. As for the widows / orphans response everyone keeps bringing up, I'll bring this to your attention again:
  9. Brother, these may help: Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله‎‎) debating Atheists. Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (عليه السلام) debating an Atheist.
  10. It is all about geopolitical situation. Iran has to be smarter to face Israel and the US. Do not make enemies with countries that are within Iran's neighborhood. The US and Israel will use that country as platform for proxy war or covert actions. When the 3rd Khalifah was attacked, Imam Ali sent his sons to protect. Please see the bigger picture.
  11. Leave it alone as it is. Put a big poster... Let us pray for peace and the return of Jesus and Mahdi, and they will decide whether it will be a mosque, church or museum.
  12. https://www.al-Islam.org/articles/history-and-philosophy-aza-of-Imam-husayn-mulla-bashir-rahim I’m not an expert in this subject, however, various marājiʿ (may Allah prolong their life) ruled it (Azadari rituals such as tatbir) permissible. Some of them (with direct sources to their rulings) can be found here and here. Therefore one can easily deduct that there must be a religious basis for allowances. For example, Ayatollah Sadiq Shirazi ruled it not only halal but also mustahab based on the recorded instance of Lady Zaynab (may Allah bless her) hitting her head in grief till it bled. I myself have seen the Hadith in question years ago, but I can’t find it now. I think it was in Bihar al Anwar.
  13. Hell no! The extrovert will drain the introvert of his/her energy and just frustrate them.
  14. The truth here is that not too long ago Nouri Maliki was say Karbala should be the new Mekkah with little to no outrage, I think it is great that a Mosque is being respected for what it is a place of worship this isn't a matter of fanaticism or not and you need to look past political agendas and Erdogan's short comings to see the benefit that can come from this.
  15. the translation in this video is pretty accurate
  16. Brother I agree with you completely, I’ve been doing it entire life. I’m just referring to the likes of Mohammed Hijab, Ali Dawah and the rest of Western born Wahhabis that do not engage in scholarly debates but slanders and lies against us. Their goal from the onset is to make us either become as them, or become silent. It is all deception and unscholarly one.
  17. it's not just for defending but also for finishing Hujjah on them that in judgment day they don't have excuse to say that they didn't know about true path also it's a policy from our Imams that they were debating with people or were educating students for this task , it's a famous story that in Sffin battle Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was fighting beside Malik Ashtar (رضي الله عنه) & malik killed more enemies than Imam Ali (عليه السلام) in end of day but Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was paralyzing some Muawiah (la) soldier & was letting them to be remain alive & Malik aske from Imam why you didn't kill them Imam responded that during of battle with them I was seeing 6th or 7th generation of then will become Shia so I was just paralyzing them to preserves the future generation of Shias , maybe current people be very anti Shia but there is still hope that some people from these debates find the truth but it's not necessary that all of us to engage ourselves in discussion although we have enough debaters & we can do other activities based on our abilities to help Imam Mahdi (aj) & Shia Islam.
  18. Amen! Your post is so true. Also, I came across a video from the "Sunni Defense" myself actually, a few days ago, it was an antiShia video. I couldn't make heads or tails of it, it was literally a great example of Poe's Law. I read somewhere else they (Sunni Defense) were Wahhabis, so the amount of hostility (and in the comment section) was far less than a surprise. Some people are just full to the brim with Ego and prejudice though, it's sad to see but it's the world we live in.
  19. Salam , Majority Of Media are hating true politicians & good people like as Imam Khomeini (رضي الله عنه) & Imam Khamenei but until Imam Khamenei supports Bashar Al Asad I support him althought he made many mistakes but in conclusion survived Syria & it's people from hands of Radicals & Israel also most of hate from him is because of his father actions in past that he was a brutal dictator & did many crimes to take power but in opposition of other Arab Dictators helped Iran when other Arab dicators were helping Saddam (la) & syrian army inherited it's brutal policy from him that Bashar Asad just could control a little the violence of Syrian Army but sometimes he couldn't control it during war because it wasn't suppose to that he be the next leader but after mysterious dying of his elder brother that was a Twelver Shia he had to accept this position so always he has hole in his power but tries to show himslef stronger than his reality that sometimes leads to harsh actions in war anyway in Allama Kurani that is an expert in Mahdawiat said based on prohecies by hadiths that Iran & Shias will lost Syria but we will take back Yemen few years before Imam Mahdi (aj) reappearance that sufyaini (la) will conquer Damascus & most of land of Syria that in process current syrian regime will fall but we still support it that in time of Sufyani (la) raid to Syria ,Shias will have a better condition but he will bring again greater disaster to Iraqi Shias than ISIS & Daesh that it said in narrations that Shia men in Iraq must hide themselves but women & children won't face problem until coalition army of Iranians & Yemenis reach to Iraq but in narrations about Syria just talked about great war of Qirqisia that Shias most avoid to participate in this war.
  20. Let’s not forget that the ulama of Najaf forbid the Iraqi militias to involve themselves in Syrian conflict. Those that went there, are following Ayatollah Khamenei. Others refused to fight on behalf of Assad. Assad is a Baathist secular ruler married to a Sunni woman, he couldn’t care less not only for Islam but even his own Alawite faith. Let’s not also forget that, despite Wahhabi propaganda, hundreds of thousands of Sunnis died and still fight for Assad’s Ba’ath Syria. That includes not only Syrian Sunnis, but also Sunni Pan-Arabists from all over the Arab world. The fight in Syria is not a sectarian war, it’s all about geopolitics. Americans want him out because Syria is a corridor for Iran to deliver weapons to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Also, Syria and Israel are de facto in the state of war (peace agreement was never signed), so it’s also all about getting him out for Israel that occupies Syrian Golan Heights..
  21. Salamun Alakum Brother, In-sha Allah, I will try to elaborate why it seems to me that the points raised in OP are far away or in a sense colliding with the verses of Qur'an. Let me first give you the reference & translation of verses quoted: إِنَّا هَدَيْنَاهُ السَّبِيلَ إِمَّا شَاكِرًا وَإِمَّا كَفُورًا {3} [Shakir 76:3] Surely We have shown him the way: he may be thankful or unthankful. [Pickthal 76:3] Lo! We have shown him the way, whether he be grateful or disbelieving. [Yusufali 76:3] We showed him the Way: whether he be grateful or ungrateful (rests on his will). This is from 76th chapter of Qur'an (Dahar or Al-Insaan) and verse # 3 as mentioned. يَا أَيُّهَا الْإِنْسَانُ مَا غَرَّكَ بِرَبِّكَ الْكَرِيمِ {6} [Shakir 82:6] O man ! what has beguiled you from your Lord, the Gracious one, [Pickthal 82:6] O man! What hath made thee careless concerning thy Lord, the Bountiful, [Yusufali 82:6] O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?- This is the 6th verse of Chapter 82 (Al-Infitaar) of Qur'an.
  22. Yes, I know about the Alawites and Alevis myself (I find them interesting) but your answer does bring clarify, in a sense, why the average Sunni that doesn't understand much about Shi'ism would conflate something like us Twelvers with them. But then, there was a period when Ismailis were larger than us, yet they seem to have drifted off into obscurity (within Sunni discourse I mean). But yeah, when it comes to the Shirk topic Sunnis gobbling up Wahhabi/Salafi propaganda about us using misunderstandings of Alawites and Alevis treated falsely as synonymous (in the historical development your quote highlights) does make sense.
  23. I have a few links. I'm not sure you'd like any of them. Some are Christian, some are ex Muslim. What's annoying is all sites have to be so one sided it's difficult to ignore the bias. Separation of evidence and opinion helps. I want their information, not their agenda. There is one page I ran across years ago that started me looking in to it. Might be the best link to start. The Qur'an compiled by Imam Ali A simple 'versions of the Qur'an' search will give you lots to look at.
  1. Load more activity