Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No they should not But minority leaders do that , as in the last 50 yrs white establishment has a new kind of " white mans burden" I.e trying so very hard to overcome the history of segregation What it does is make rich liberal whites feel great about themselves , but leaves poor whites feeling responsible and apologizing for past sins of richer whites even though their own white forefathers were just as likely to be oppressed as browns or blacks
  3. Revert1963

Belief in God

If I am not mistaken about astrophysics, I think that elementary particles pop into existence out of nowhere and back into nowhere all the time in empty space. Of cause that doesn't mean that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) isn't creating them. In my limited understanding it actually appears to me as one of the very good arguments for Gods existence. Though for me I do not care so much about the physical evidence. The evidence that makes me certain of Gods existence is purely emotional.
  4. No way ! Once you start shariah in pockets of this country you are essentially having a dual standard of justice for your citizens Plus whose shariah ? Who determines that ? Are u going to have e.g a local Arkansas regional Muslim scholars association who makes those rules? What if I'm a Muslim in a small community but I don’t follow the fiqah of 4 Sunni school or jafari you are going to force me into those categories? Well I'm sure we don’t agree on anything usually sister so why not add MAGA warriors to the list ! they have more integrity than your hijabi "convertibles "
  5. Today
  6. Who said I wasn’t rich? Your friend is rich by money, and I’m rich by faith & belief! (9:34) “O' you who have faith! Indeed, many of the scribes and monks wrongfully eat up the people’s wealth, and bar [them] from the way of God. Those who treasure up gold and silver, and do not spend it in the way of God, inform them of a painful punishment.”
  7. Salam wa laikum May Allah shower his blessings on Muhammad and his Ahlul Bayt. Alhamdulilah as a kid I grew up in New Orleans and good public schools were limited. So as a Muslim kid I went to Christian private schools. I attended a Lutheran Christian primary school and middle school and then attended an all boy catholic high school which had brothers of sacred heart monks. So of course this came with the territory of a lots of bible reading studies and classes through out my youth.
  8. Sorry to have irked you. I meant that the page I linked was what got me wondering. There seems to be some talk of the order of the Surahs. I don't see how that actually changes anything and was not my intention to imply it was. The problem with web pages and such is the opinion of the author, is not, (pretty much never), mine. As I said, I want their info, not their opinion. I'm willing to help with sources but don't care to offend anyone with links to slander. My reference to a google search was so I didn't have to get in the middle of what you found. My apologies for making it look like a brush-off. I figure, those who care will follow 17:36, those who agree to disagree will only look at the links to see the slander, those who don't care wouldn't open the links anyway. Which Qur'an? is probably the most comprehensive.
  9. You're mad he's rich and you aren't
  10. Well said. People that appose marriages because of age differences obviously are driven by societies conditioning and prejudices. I wish people would actually go out there and see the reality for themselves where it is the norm and these relationships last unlike same age marriages, Muzmatch is an example full of young divorcees. Absolutely the example set by the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and Lady Khadija (عليه السلام) is what people have to take as an example. I stopped viewing or commenting on this thread but I felt the need to acknowledge your comment. Jazakalah. @j.angel @ali_fatheroforphans guys unless you try you will never know the blessings for sure.
  11. Lol, isn't it ultimately her choice? Obviously her father's opinion matters, and you raised some good points about maturity. But at the end of the day, it's her choice. I've met fully grown women with a whole family of their own who don't even have a fraction of my maturity. At the same time, there are 20 year olds who are way less mature than some 16 year olds. At the end of the day maturity is subjective to an individual's own experiences, so whilst yes, a 40 year old's maturity is likely more than that of a 20 year old, that's not an objective fact. In this case, its important for the girl herself to weigh her options and see if this man really is right for her. His business and career etc is all irrelevant. If theres enough emotional and intellectual compatibility, then that's good. Let's not forget the example set by the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and Lady Khadija (عليه السلام)
  12. Congratulations to all momineen on the wiladat eve of the Imam of our time (ajtfs).
  13. Have you ever wondered why urban legends have the power to survive and be passed down to generations for hundreds of years? It is because they have elements that connect with our 'Collective Unconscious'. I think this part of our imagination is the gateway to the unseen. Jazakalah brother these are very real experiences and ordinary people also see across the barrier that separates us from the other side. America is also full of people with such experiences. Even in real life I have witnessed a fellow human being stand next to me and bend spoons just by focusing his thoughts onto it. For some reason he felt the need to place one of his hands on my shoulder while doing this. To me that says it all about psychic energy driven by our mental thoughts. The mind is much more powerful than the physical world. The chemicals and neurons in our brain are electricity which are influenced not only by triggers in our environment but also our thoughts. What you said also reminds me of one of my very early childhood experiences in Belgium when I saw a man dressed like Santa Claus surrounded with kids or the coca cola character on advertising in a red outfit giving gifts to children. It is very clear to me to this day and then he disappeared after a pillar came in my vision while I was walking and seeing this, he and the children all disappeared. People can of course link this experience to my imagination as I did used to receive gifts from a man dressed as Santa Clause in school but as I said previously I think hallucinations are a starting point to such paranormal experiences which are very real.
  14. Happy Easter to all those celebrating.
  15. Why should any politician do that? If he could relate to the concerns of all the people in his country and work to serve their needs then there would be no need for segregation in politics or any part of society. We should not create such strategies in our mind. I only know about him because his name comes up in google when I type the words Shia and Hollywood . I don't think I have ever seen any if his films. I don’t watch latest movies. I like old horror movies. Shia La Beouf is a man lol I also live under a rock, so to speak. I don't keep up with politics or popular culture. I don't know who these people are. As I said I have only seen his photos come up on Google when I type the words Shia and Hollywood lol
  16. I'd like to extend my greetings and well wishes to all our Christian members, and wish you goodness in health, family, prosperity, and pray to God to continue to guide you and guide me, and send blessings on Jesus Christ, the Messiah , peace and blessings be upon him, on this occasion of celebration in your religion.
  17. I'm a liberal defender of Muslims' right to shariah in their communities, but if anyone tries to "touchy feelie" me, they might end up with a broken arm, and your respect for the MAGA cretins is noted.
  18. You raise a good point. This leads me to reflect on how we even define what marriage is? Those having same-sex marriage aren't claiming it to be valid as per Islam. In fact, signing a few papers and having a secular ceremony with no religious content is considered a marriage now and the norm, so I'm not quite sure if Islam has anything to say about that. It is more of a liability agreement and asset sharing between two people who want to live together. Polygamy and Mutah are legal I believe, but you can't have polygamy recognised in many states. The Nikah itself means nothing legally if no papers are signed. In Islam, the papers mean nothing, but the Nikah is everything. To the government the Nikah means nothing and the paper means everything. What Islam considers the marriage isn't the marriage. To get back to your point, I don't think the government allowing same-sex marriage legally has any effect as per Islam. If people get papers signed which then mean certain laws are placed on them and their combined assets, that isn't what Islam regards as a marriage, is it? So long as a secular government doesn't force Muslim clerics or unwilling Christian ones to give religious validation to them, while I am not in favour, they are ultimately not my business or concern living here in a secular country. Let me know if I've made any mistakes here, this was just free flowing thought and I'm happy to amend or refine anything.
  19. I hope others here will join me in wishing our Christian members and visitors a blessed and joyous Easter.
  20. The way I see it, who marries who is not the government's business, so long as it involves consenting adults. Do we want the secular government decreeing polygamy or mutah illegal? So it is to our advantage to get the government out of the business of marriage regulation.
  21. Bismillah May Allah shower his blessings on Muhammad and his family. The Sister Sarah is correct. It is said by the Holy Imams that fast without 5 daily prayers is not accepted. Ayatollah Sistani is merely giving a list of things that can break a fast instantly. To fast without 5 daily prayers is to just go without food. Salaat is the number one thing that will be questioned on yauma Qiyamah and you will be questioned about salaat in the grave. Those who intentionally missed salaat will also not be able to receive any intercession from Ahlul Bayt. If the salaat are excepted all good deeds done are Excepted. If you miss salaat do to time restraint then that is between you and Allah. Allah knows your intent and everything in Islam comes down to intention or niyat. Allah knows if your memory lapsed about prayer and you forgot or if you intentionally delayed or neglected. Prayers can be made late but the best times for prayers are at their prime times. Someone asked about eating and drinking while forgetting they are fasting. If one is fasting and eats or drink while forgetting they are fasting it is ok, their fast is in order. For instance if you eat some grapes and swallow but then remember you are fasting, it is ok. Those grapes were a gift from Allah. Now Allah will test you by you remembering while food is in your mouth. If you remember you are fasting while chewing, or before you swallow your food, then it is obligatory to spit out whatever is left in the mouth. You can’t say “oh well it’s in my mouth now, so let me swallow the rest.” Whenever you remember, at that point you must prevent whatever is left in your mouth from going down your throat. Allah knows your intention. Allah knows best What you do. We can fool ourselves and others but we can’t fool the Most High and Most Wise. Allah sees and knows all of our intentions. It is best to avoid all things that are haraam while fasting. The Holy Imam said it is better to avoid doing bad deeds than actually doing good deeds. You can slowly build a house over time with good deeds ,but you can quickly burn that house down with consistent bad deeds. So not doing bad deeds is the foundation To building your house and your house can rise over time with good deeds. May Allah for have mercy on the believing men and women and forgive us of our sins of Ignorance, our sins of negligence and our sins of arrogance.
  22. Popular culture uses psychology to entice people. It's as though people are hypnotised. In a sense that is what it is.
  23. The official Shia position with regards to people who say they have same sex attraction is to treat them with respect and dignity. What they do in their own private lives is their business, and in the countries we live in (US/United Kingdom/EU) we are to obey the law of our land. However, I don't believe actively campaigning for gay marriage is right, and if you ran as a Muslim, you would most certainly have to do that.
  24. I have a copy of the New Testament, and I have read through large swathes of it, and also parts of the Psalms. I have also watched a lot of defenders classes from William Lane Craig, maybe hundreds of hours worth, discussing topics from the Trinity to Atonement and have taken in more of the text that way.
  25. True but don’t act like a defender of shariah to your own people then act like a touchy feelie liberal in front of Democrats ...I have more respect for guys in MAGA hats
  26. Your vote is your voice ; environmental Mindfulness - Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi vote
  27. He is not a great guy but Syria would have fallen into deep trouble without him. He is a better option compared to a takfire rule or an American puppet.
  1. Load more activity