Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. @BowTie and @OrthodoxTruth need to get in a ring already
  3. Why do you suppose everyone follows Sayed Sistani? I don't. And my Marja' doesn't claim so. Second, even if they are considered najis. What stops you from being friends? I don't understand you're logic pal
  4. I'm going to clear something up right now. It Was NOT an infatuation and I'll prove it. (I didn't even know what infatuation meant before this and I'm almost offended by the term. It was used widely in the 1800s so no wonder) The following is from Google: "True love usually comes unexpectedly. It happened to me when I did not want it. I swore I would never date again after my divorce. I had one guy friend I met a year after the divorce. We were best friends, but I did not want to date. Then, that friendship grew a year later. His faithfulness, loyalty, patience, and respect for me swept me off my feet. Infatuation, on the other hand, begins with physical attraction, and we only believe it is love. Infatuation feels like love, but it is just the opposite. The strength of the emotion is intense, but it is not real." In case you forgot, I saw her 2 years before she fist messaged me and therefore it would have been impossible that it was an infatuation (since this is based on PHYSICAL ATTRACTION. I became emotionally and personally attached to her.... It was not infatuation but unrequited love.
  5. Thank you for that advice, at this point I just want to get over her, I know she wasn't for me but it still hurts...
  6. *Your, not you’re. Secondly, my understanding of fiqh related issues is always based upon the teachings of A’immah and the fatwas of maraji’. I don’t interpret religion at all the way I see it, because I’m not qualified to do so. If you disagree with Grand Ayatollah Sistani, because I clearly pointed out that it is his ruling (and other maraji’ ruled similarly on this matter), you’re more than welcome to contact his office and raise your concerns. I realised so far that in fact it is you who keeps passing rulings on things without referring to the books of fiqh at all, and that’s not how it works in Usuli Twelver Islam.
  7. I'm confused, how can you get married without mutual love?
  8. I did not watch the videos, but would like to add unfortunately many do not do it correctly, animals should not see other animals being slaughtered or even the blade. Nor should they be in fear. But logistically and practically speaking, I guess not so easy during Hajj/Umrah.
  9. Yes, I do support certain Azadari rituals because people have a right to express their grief the way they feel. Some like to strike their chest, others to give their blood in the blood banks, and others are so overwhelmed in grief and sadness that they couldn’t be them and there, that they express it the way they do. I’m glad that you “know” the extent of pride that Imam Hussain (صلى الله عليه وآله وصحبه وسلم) expresses over things, specifically related to commemorations of his martyrdom. By the way, use honorifics when you mention the Prophet or his family (صلى الله عليه وآله). It is, but not issuing verdicts on fiqh related matters if you aren’t a qualified mujtahid. You are in no position to forbid certain Azadari rituals because you don’t like them. My marja’ allows and encourages them, if yours doesn’t, then do not. It is as simple as that.
  10. Thank you for calling me out on this question. No, I am not sinless. Even though I believe I am clean in God's sight (through no good works of my own) and I consider myself to abide in Jesus, my understanding is that sanctification is an ongoing process until I die and Jesus will keep me until that day. Until then, I am prone to sin, because sin dwells within me, and I must repent! In Revelation--which records the revelation of Jesus (given to Him by God to show things that would soon take place), who then gave it (through His angel) in a vision to His beloved disciple John, who was in exile on the island of Patmos--Jesus makes it clear in chapters 2 and 3 that works matter. He directs John to write letters to seven churches in Asia, rebuking them for their sins of which they had not repented. They included: works without love; false teaching; living among evil; tolerating immorality and idolatry; works not complete; being lukewarm; believing they were alive when they were dead; and believing they were rich when they were wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked. Jesus admonished them to: repent; remember their first love; be faithful unto death; hold fast until Jesus comes; keep His works until the end; remember and keep what they received and heard; wake up (I will come like a thief and you will not know when); and to buy gold, refined by fire, white garments and salve to anoint their eyes. To one church, Jesus warned to repent or He would war against them with the sword of His mouth. He warned the followers of Jezebel in Rev. 2:20-23 of sickness, great tribulation and the death of their children. To yet another, He stated that He reproves and disciplines those He loves; be zealous and repent. "I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and eat with him, and he with me." Jesus' promises to those, at every church, who conquer include: to eat of the Tree of Life in the paradise of God; a crown of life; not to be hurt by the second death; a white stone with a new name; hidden manna; authority over nations; the Morning Star; to be clothed in white; their name not blotted out from the Book of Life and their name confessed before the Father and His angels; to be a pillar in the temple of God, to never go out of it; to have written on him the name of God, the City of God, and Jesus' own new name; and to sit with Jesus on His throne.
  11. Today
  12. A pious Muslim would always have more morals than a kafir (Atheist), or a non-Muslim. I beg to differ, as per teachings of A’immah codified by the rulings of our maraji’, even having the highest morals wont save one from hell and the Paradise is the ultimate goal. Therefore no matter how high of morality you have and how fabulous of a person you are in this dunya, at the end it won’t help you at all if you don’t acknowledge the Wilayah of A’immah. This is my point. I’m not denying anywhere the fact that there are non-Muslims who have higher morality than some so called “Muslims”, but at the end both will answer for their thoughts, acts and actions within the frame of proper understanding that leads to one’s salvation. Never said it did, Yazid and thousands of “Muslims” held prayers before they went out to slaughter the Prophet’s grandson. Similar to what goes on till today.
  13. Oh. You're understanding of religion is a bit shaky shaky my friend.
  14. This! I’ve never understood that as well. And I agree completely. Being around non-Muslims, living in the West where kufr is left and right, actually makes me more religious, not weaker. I personally blame it on the fact that many Muslims do not know their religion. If they would’ve, they wouldn’t think for a second about drinking alcohol or taking the scarf off.
  15. A non-Muslim or an Atheist can have more morals than a pious Muslim. Nonetheless, what happens on judgement day regarding his belief of Allah or Islam, is a different situation. How much a person prays per day, reads the Qur'an, or how many days he fasts, doesn't add a pinch of salt for him on the "morality scale" of a human being.
  16. Tamy

Losing faith

Salam Isaam, the fact that your reaching out and seeking help shows that you’re uncomfortable in this state your in and it shows that you still have faith in your heart:) Allah tells us in the Qur'an that he will test our faith and every person is tested differently. There’s no doubt that being surrounded by Muslims who practice and an Islamic community strengthens one’s faith. In your case Isaam, I advise you to get up and pray your daily prayers despite your imaan right now. Get up and pray. Try reading a duaa with God’s 99 names out loud and see how you feel. Listen to beautiful Quranic recitations on youtube. Follow Islamic reminder pages on instagram. Act upon the way you feel right now. Act before its too late. Do you realize how lucky you are that God is giving you a chance? Just by you coming on this website and seeking help shows that God wants you to find your way. He doesn’t want you to stray away. Being surrounded by non believers and people of other faiths isn’t easy. But it gives you a better reason to learn more about your duties in Islam and on how to become a better Muslim both for yourself and for God. It gives you a better reason to seek knowledge and understand any doubts you have. Please Isaam, don’t loose your faith in God. Don’t stop praying. If you loose your prayers, you loose everything.
  17. @2Timeless No worries. Your altruism and concern are noted and appreciated.
  18. You can’t because, for example Christians and Jews are najis, and possibly even Pak, according to Ayatollah Sistani (may Allah prolong his life) alone. There are even stricter rulings by other maraji’.
  19. Yes true. I am against them to please the kuffar. But you support these acts because you please Imam Hussein. I can't but congratulate you on how Imam Hussein is proud because his message is spread in the barbaric way because of you people Enjoining good and forbidding evil is every Muslims duty.
  20. I did based upon our teachings. If you didn’t catch it, doesn’t matter if you have the best morals out there, if you aren’t on haqq, it won’t help you at the end and this is what the religious Muslims always strive to reach, the Paradise. A religious person loves their entire life to reach that goal.
  21. Revert1963

Belief in God

Have you considered that God does exist regardless of what language you speak? (Allah means God in Arabic if you didn't know.) Arabic speaking Christians also uses the word "Allah" when they mean God. As a matter of fact your statement assumes that there are more than one God and that is Shirk, or polytheism. Are you a polytheist? But of cause you clam to be Christian and you have tree gods, right?
  22. Meaning we can’t befriend anyone who is not a practicing Shia Muslim?
  23. Who stated hell and heaven in this whole thread?
  24. I am not the one who said they are the same, but I say they are very related. Our fitrah is to believe in Islam, and to believe in Islam, it is to believe in the Qur'an. If the Qur'an writes if something is right or wrong, like your examples, we are born with a fitrah telling us that it is right or wrong, so they are interrelated. That is if I understand the concept of fitrah properly, but I am no scholar, nor have I done much research on the subject, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
  25. Having high morals doesn’t safeguard not going to hell at all. Our maraji’ and the ahadith are very clear on that.
  26. Why not? You're friends with someone because of his humanity and personality. More over, if he is an atheist, its his problem in judgement day not your problem. To add, being his friend, may help you realize why he became an atheist in the first place, and you may rectify his beliefs. If everyone ignored atheists or non-believers. Is that a humane Muslim manner? Or what do you think, lonely atheists will sit in the dark corner at night and become Muslim to "fit in the crowd"?
  1. Load more activity