Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Quisant

Belief in God

That is an interesting thought, how would you go about doing that? I can see no equivalence between science and religion.Faith is absolute. Science is not. Science and Religion address different aspects of human existence. Religion is about deriving a sense of one's place in the universe,. Science is about objective definitions of how the universe works. The flaw in Science is that it can only determine truth in the Physical. It can only determine truth about an observable phenomenon. The flaw with Faith/religion is that it is subjective, not examinable. It does not have sophistication in explaining reality. Metaphysics' deals with all things outside of the perceivable realm. ws *
  4. You just got married. You barely have been experienced in a marriage enough, heck you barely even know your husband, since you claim you married him after a week of knowing him. How can you lecture people about something you barely have knowledge about? I still believe you’re reminding yourself with this thread rather than people
  5. Basically, those who strive, get martyred in the path of Allah get despised by the ulama who at least once collaborated with the enemy. Nothing new here, we Shias have our own Sanhedrin.
  6. HakimPtsid

Belief in God

Actually, on the Hindu and Greek deities. Well, from the Greek deities we got Platonism (and neo-platonism) which agrees on the Absolute (As-Samad), from Hinduism (and it's original Vedic religion) we've gotten Vedanta. The thing with Hinduism that is fascinating is the three main traditions of Hinduism (Vaishnavism, Saivism and Shakta) as well as the two main streams of Vedanta Philosophy (Advaita and Dvaita) all agree on an abstract Absolute (As-Samad) constant of existence (of course Dvaita is way closer to Islam because it believes in distinction between us and God, unlike Advaita), even though they conceptually frame themselves in varying ways (as we Shia tend to have more vaster understandings of Allah anyway). It seems an inevitability of Polytheism to become a form of Pluralism, mirroring the same Ontological Ultimate Reality of Monotheism (As-Samad). In a way, the Islamic stance on Polytheism (Shirk) could be seen as a forewarning of a greater understanding of the functioning of things, one that especially more ancient forms of Polytheism where incredibly naive of. Leaving out the physical practice of Idolatry though, which constitutes a different discussion. And outside of that, it all depends on the framing of "God" itself. As all forms of Philosophy that deal with the greater questions and problems of existence itself fall back into the same paradox, which itself produces many reactionary forms of evaluative interpretation of "Meaning", Absurdism for instance). I'm not making this post about necessarily tackling the question positively or negatively but rather, I just want to put the thought across to you: What happens when you fold all philosophical positions and beliefs (including hard-Atheism) all onto each other with observations of Science?
  7. My sister studies in Shiraz Al-Mustafa University. You will have an Al-Mustafa office in Iranian Embassy ( I don’t think you have one in United States) through which you have to apply And they'll conduct a test for you. They take people with a graduation degree in India. I think you have to ask you local Imam and go through him. Their online process is very bad.
  8. HakimPtsid

Losing faith

Right on! For me, I do find that some degree it brings out the most genuine and passionate devotion in oneself (and of course when one realizes the deeper, darker reality of the state of the West) but on the purely personal level, for me at least, it draws me closer. I think that if I lived in Iran (for example) I could possibly grow to take my faith/din for granted. And as Ali would say, it starts with the growth of one's heart first and not what everyone else around is doing.
  9. HakimPtsid

Losing faith

Yeah, I know the loneliness that comes from not having many Shi'I (and just Muslims in general) around, although as a very independent-minded person it is just something I personally am used to. What kind of Christians are around you? (if you know) Got another question, I know you're young but do you spend much time reading the sayings and writings of our Imams? and/or also the great Shi'I philosophers? (I'm trying to gather your own current place within Shi'ism) Blessings.
  10. Marty, I’m a little lost as to if your trying to gain some perspective about your religion or Islam or if you are just trying to spread the word to Muslims who don’t worship Jesus? If I was trying to become Christian and Alhamdulilah I’m not..I would be extremely confused by all that stuff you wrote up there. This is why I love Islam, because of the simplistic direct deposit message. And why does Sin still dwell within you if Jesus died for your sins already? Did it not work the first time? What’s the need to repent if Jesus already died for everybody's sins? I think I would want my money back. Shouldn't it be smooth sailing From there on out? Do you believe Jesus is the son of God or do you believe he is God or all three Gods in one body and flesh? Do you believe Jesus is brown skin hewbrew or British/French like most of the pictures depicted around the world?
  11. I know you are trying to understand what is happening to you so that you can find some cure to your heart-ache. But there is no need to analyze the type of love you have/ had. It suffices for you to realize that you are experiencing an intense emotional state caused by a focused attention on someone. Love is nothing but attention. The more you love something the more attention you give it (it is as simple as that). And you will notice that you cannot help but give your attention to that thing or person (this is why everything seems to remind you of her). Like I said earlier, the closest experience to Divine Love is human love. And so you are getting a taste of what it means to love God. Instead of repeating her name you would be repeating God’s name. This is something for you to simply take a note of. And unlike what others are saying, don’t harbor Ill feelings towards her due to her not accepting you.
  12. Wa laikum Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu Mashallah! Welcome Brother! May Allah make your journey in Islam a blessed journey. Abdul Karim,
  13. https://www.ft.com/content/a40ec2e0-672a-11e9-9adc-98bf1d35a056
  14. Assalamu Alaikum, My birth name is [edit], but my Muslim name is Ali Alcazar. I was born in Jacksonville, FL. I'm an American of mainly British, German, and Spanish descent, and a small percentage of Native American. I was originally brought up as a nondenominational Christian, then I switched over and became a Roman Catholic at age 18 in the year 2014. Since then, I grew increasingly interested in learning about Judaism and Islam. After feeling strong sympathy for the Shia due to the importance of Ahlul Bayt and the endless persecution they go through, and after finally realizing that the doctrines of the trinity and the incarnation didn't make any sense, I decided to convert to Shia Islam. I took my Shahada at a Shia mosque last year at Chinese New Year night in the year 2018. Unfortunately, I currently live far away from a Shia mosque, but at least I've learned how to pray from apps and YouTube videos with instructions for Salah. Please keep me in your prayers as I'll be keeping our community in my prayers. Thank you.
  15. eThErEaL

Losing faith

Your Christians are your fellow brothers, as a Muslim you should not feel challenged by their presence. The existence of Christianity confirms Islam. Right now you are seeing the distinction between Christianity and Islam as black and white, and you see them as mutually exclusive of one another. And this is true because these are two distinct forms, and, as such, exclude one another by definition. But the reality of each of these two sacred religions are but one religion and this is Din Al-Fitrah (The religion of the Heart). If you are inwardly connected to God through your heart and you practice the outward and formal rites of Islam, you will begin to see (through your hearts eye) that your Christian brothers are part of your own religion (namely, the Religion of the Heart) even if they follow the formal practices of their own religion. As a true and genuine Muslim, If you happen to visit a Cathedral/ Church, you should be able to witness something sacred about it through your hearts eye.
  16. But will Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام). do offensive jihad? I have heard of narrations stating that he will not be as merciful as Imam Ali (عليه السلام).
  17. Ejaz

Losing faith

Salaam brother, Why are you losing your faith around Christians though (if it was atheists and faithless people then I could maybe understand) ? Islam recognises Isa ((عليه السلام)) as a mighty messenger of God though it denies the trinity as an innovation. It is not too hard to see that Jesus ((عليه السلام)) was not God: ”By myself I can do nothing” John 5:30 (Isn’t God supposed to be All Knowing, and Him losing His nature seems far fetched and irrational) ”I admit that I worship the God of our fathers” Acts 24:14 (God worshipping God????) ”The Father is greater than I” John 14:28 ”God is neither a man nor a son of a man” Numbers 23:19. That being said, religious Christians are good people and there is some wisdom to be learnt from them and there scripture. There’s a lot of similarities as both are Abrahamic faiths and you can talk about the End Times and tell them about Imam Mahdi. Also search about Imam Ali (عليه السلام). And Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in the Bible. Hope this helps. Eltemas e dua
  18. Its okay. I understand your point and I am glad you reminded me of this, it gives me the encouragement from our Prophet and Imams((عليه السلام)) as role models. Its like therapy, we need guidance and encouragement from other people or a therapist to be able to heal ourselves. That's right and when I isolated myself I felt this blessing like a breeze of fresh air. I really admire you guys and applaud you. I am not a revert as I was born in a Shia family but I started practising it ten years ago at age 33. Everybody is different but I have had moments in my life when I was pshunned and isolated by family and society. So I think I can understand the solitude reverts feel. I agree in such difficult times we have a natural tendencies to be isolated. The Prophet (peace be upon him) also spent many hours isolated in the cave. However we are also social creatures. No matter who we are we all come together with others at some point whether it's a mosque, church or festivals. Yes it is all a test for us.
  19. Its a legacy ( by me ) I've seen it every where, Right man receives bad woman , Right woman receives Bad man though there are some exceptions but this is what mostly is seen, and why men don’t go to those girls? well they do for fun but they would never accept that girl as her wife, because no matter how lustful a man is he needs a pure shy and modest girl. However in Pakistan men just do go for fun here , but they know going after such girl like the dancers or something or the woman wearing immodest clothes , there is a whole gang behind her , yeah I know it and I have heard it so no one here dares to try to communicate with such types of girls
  20. It is not only that but many food products are now increasingly carrying the 'Vegetarian' and 'Vegan' logos on packaging. I find this useful living in the west because I don’t think well known brands or supermarkets would take the risk of being sued in court.
  21. So based on what most people are saying it seems like scholars have different opinions on them and some see them as Muslim and some don’t but they all seem to have negative opinions on them.
  22. How many times in the past has a Muslim asked at ShiaChat if something is haram because the label has an ambiguous word (like glycerin) in it and they thought it is animal in origin? With the increase of people around the world choosing to be vegetarian or vegan, companies have started to use the term "vegetable glycerin" in their ingredient label. Times are changing.
  23. In my humble opinion, she should have told her husband- to -be about that before the marriage. I don't think major things like having an illegitimate child, being married before, having a criminal record, being infertile, or having an incurable disease ( or a contagious one...like a venereal disease...and yes I've known of cases of all of these being concealed from prospective spouses) are " irrelevant" to a marriage. He or she needs to have a chance to back out of it if they can't handle it. It's not fair they find out about it later. In at least a couple of those cases, in our faith, the aggrieved spouse could challenge the validity of the marriage on grounds of defective consent, etc. in annulment proceedings in the Church. There are some things your partner has a right to know due to problems they could cause in the future. In my experience, adoptive children very often try to find their biological parents. We have folks showing up here or calling the office to try to find their families pretty regularly. With the ease in which people can locate each other these days, I'd say her son showing up if he wants to is a definite possibility. These things can and do cause havoc on occasions. Best to be prepared. She should tell him now. If it's truly " irrelevant" to him, why hide it? Personally, my husband and I didn't want to go into marriage keeping secrets from each other ( the secrets of your friends, neighbors, relatives, students, etc. are a different thing). So we had our " true confessions evening" early in the engagement during which we could ask or tell each other anything. It was probably pretty boring compared to some folks, but we felt great and it made our relationship stronger. Now we've been married almost 35 years and I still don't keep any secrets from him, except maybe what he's getting for Christmas or his birthday. Lol. Just my two cents.
  24. Ya a scholar in Islam. I went to that site filled an application but got no response. Do you know of any other ways to go to Qom and study?
  1. Load more activity