Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wa alaykumu s-salam, please check https://www.al-Islam.org/ . They have everything you need to know as a Shia. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us in this website Shiachat or ask some expert people here https://www.al-Islam.org/ask
  3. This is like the Salafi version of dropping diss tracks and the ensuing build up and partisanry. These mans outchea thinking they Nas v Jay Z
  4. Well, I've been here for 5 years. I can say I grew up on ShiaChat. Like I remember those days that I was a rude teenager n I kept getting banned temporarily lol ( sorry @Hameedeh I know I was a disaster)till the person I am today! I've spent many time here specially in chatroom . So when I want to think about it, it s like I'm reviewing the whole last 5 years of my life! All ups n downs ! As a person who love discussion , I enjoy spending time on ShiaChat. Even tho I have found disappointing things . Like how many Shias r concerned about muta n physical things instead of spiritual ones ! Or how they waste so much time discussing about how Arabs have always been better than Iranians ?! It makes me crazy that how unimportant things r so popular among most ppl. As a matter of fact, I use ShiaChat bcuz I prefer having online friends rather than having real ones ! So I can discuss personal things with ppl without the fear of them judging me . I mean yea they may judge but who care since I wont be looking in their eyes the next day ! Also ShiaChat helped me a lot to improve my English. I learned that not most ppl do make sense or r logical but I found some really great friends here whom I enjoy discussing different things with! I also have some great friends who r older than me n when I feel bad about myself acting differently than other ppl in my age , they remind me that I'm doing good ! They also wish me luck when I have exams. They've always been a big help for me in all these 5 years . They made me believe in myself . They helped me when I was all depressed n they help me when I have problems. Tnx. I owe u so much ! @IbnSina @repenter-gone4awhile @Gaius I. Caesar @Ron_Burgundy who r my old friends n a sister I prefer not to tag n @ali_fatheroforphans @3wliya_maryam @Ruqaya101 as my new friends !
  5. Bcuz u expect a lot from ppl! They r just ppl . They r always just ppl ( even so r we, in ppl's eyes)
  6. Today
  7. There is only one door, but there are thousand ways to reach it. ---Zen saying
  8. Although I'm not giving you a detailed explanation, the simple answer is that it is in the Qur'an (97:3). The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months.
  9. You should probably read replies before jumping. This has already been answered. Help yourself.
  10. Here's one a bit more in depth for all three nights, in Arabic though. Best way to get a nice list of a'mal is to use Mafatih Al Jinan if you have it at home.
  11. @Darth Vader Anyone who can help me with figuring out how to install windows on new m.2 ssd? Basically I got the crucial m.2 ssd 250gb. installed it on my laptop and installed windows. I expected the PC to boot normally, but to my surprise, I was welcomed with a windows error 0xc00000e I did do not get that error on the original hard drive, which is confusing. I reinstalled windows on both drives and still got the error on ssd. I then removed the hard drive and tried fresh reinstalling windows again, but the moment the installation is finished, I end up with the same freaking windows error after the laptop automatically restarts. I think im going to destroy another mouse soon lol, help.
  12. But Christians do believe in "There is no God but One God". Yes they have beliefs that may contradict some of Quranic verses, like for example Jesus sacrificing, but how such a thing take people to disbelief? One group of Christians clearly believe and practices what is mention in Qur'an 3:113-115, and such a Christians do believe in one God.
  13. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) clearly describe the righteous people of the Book clearly in the following verses: They are not [all] the same; among the People of the Scripture is a community standing [in obedience], reciting the verses of Allah during periods of the night and prostrating [in prayer]. They believe in Allah and the Last Day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and hasten to good deeds. And those are among the righteous. And whatever good they do - never will it be removed from them. And Allah is Knowing of the righteous. Qur'an 3:113-115
  14. In terms of the difference between us and Sunnis, then mainly it is differences in aqeeda. For example, the predominant sects in Sunnism are Salafis (often referred to as Wahhabis), Asharis, Maturidis, Deobandi and others. In terms of Tawheed, we differ with of all these Sunni sects, especially when it comes to the attributes of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). All of them (with or without actually saying it) believe Allah has parts, Salafis believe that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) literally has hands, feet, shin, a face, a chest, some say Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) jogs, they all say He literally is on top of the throne, but of course they usually follow up these beliefs with the phrase "in a way that befits his majesty". The others believe that Allah has parts because they say that his attributes such as the attributes of Him being all-knowing, all-powerful are in addition to his essence. Of course, debates on the attributes of Allah have been happening for centuries and these discussions are pretty technical and both Salafis and the others would deny that their belief is that Allah is composite or has a body etc. The other main difference between us and Sunnis, and this goes for all Sunnis sects (including Ibadhis), is our specific doctrine of Imamate. We believe in the concept that "the Earth will never be devoid of a hujjah". This principle can be proven both rationally and textually. From this principle, we conclude that after the Prophet (s), there were Imams that came after him. We, the Twelvers, believe that there are 12 Imams after the Prophet (s), and the 12th, Imam al-Mahdi (ajts), is still alive but in occultation (al-ghaybah). Other evidences to prove imamate include the incident of Ghadeer, which we use to prove that the Prophet (s) at least appointed one successor. In terms of duas, then there are many. Just go to duas.org to see them. Also, of course go to our canonical works, such as al-Kafi, too see the great du'as of Ahl al-Bayt (a).
  15. It is a pity that people make assumptions about others when they have absolutely no idea who they are talking to. That, I think, is monstrously rude. It is a greater pity that the Muslim mindset is gravitating to a Muslim only joy in the afterlife, with Shias and Sunnis and all others taking over the best part for themselves Well, let us wait and see.
  16. In Sāhih Sunān Al-Nāsāʿī, volume 1, page 519, tradition 1598: The Messenger of Allah said: “Pray O’ people in your houses! Indeed, the best of prayer is [the one that’s] in the house, except for the māktooba (daily prayers).” Status of the tradition: authentic. “Pray O’ people in your houses!” is a clear commandment to me.
  17. I don't understand the traditions that surround Laylatul Qadr, just as I don't understand why certain Muslim cultures believe that if you recite one of the Asma ul Husna on a particular day after a particular prayer a particular number of times then Allah grants you a particular thing for a particular amount of time. It's hard to make my point without sounding controversial, but if prayers get answered/are listened to every day of the week, why do we believe Laylatul Qadr is any different to any other day of the week?
  18. The son of the innovator (inventor) himself, Iʿbn Omār, opposed his father. In Musānnāf Iʿbn A'bī Shāyba, volume 3, page 359, tradition 7797/7798: 7797 - Nāfʿī said: “That Iʿbn Omār, Sālīm and Al-Qāsīm didn’t do qīyām in Ramadan.” Status of the tradition: authentic. 7798 - Mujāhīd said: That a man asked Iʿbn Omār: “Do I stand before (behind) the Imam in Ramadan?” He replied: “You listen as if you’re a donkey.” Status of the tradition: authentic. You have three choices now: You’ll go with Iʿbn Omār, who regarded his father, and the people that pray tārāweeh donkeys. You’ll pray tārāweeh, living your life knowing that Iʿbn Omār (a famous sāhābi) called you a donkey. You’ll disregard all of Iʿbn Omār’s sayings, and invalidate the theory of Adālat Al-Sāhāba, and/or call him (in retaliation) a donkey. Add to that, Iʿbn Omār and Sālīm are companions, and they didn’t pray it. If the Holy Prophet "had done it.." as you said, they would’ve also did that, while they saw him, and lived with him, and none did it. Al-Qāsīm is also a son of another companion, Aʿbu Bākr, that didn’t do it...
  19. I live in the country this is offered Its Dip n Dip In Qatar Its really 50 minutes away from my house LOL
  20. Alhamdulilah, Cool story brother! I don’t walk on fire. If that’s what’s some Shia want to do than hey to each their own. The main theme here is both Sunni and Shia have their setbacks and it’s why they will continuously get beat on by the west because the west doesn’t care about any of that. Now my friend it’s late and I have some Qur'an to read. Enjoy your Ramadhan brother! Insha’Allah Lets discuss something else another time. Salaam wa laikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu
  21. I sit here severely sleep deprived and I think to myself, why on Earth has society said it is okay for people like this to exist? Not literally, but as in exist in public? This guy, like many others, has literally made his fortune by criticising a minority. He gets paid to write about it. This 'Stop Islamisation of America' nonsense... I ain't complaining just because I'm Muslim, if someone made a career out of criticising Judaism and Orthodox Jews it would be just as despicable, or if someone criticised Christianity for a living. I just don't get what society gets out of this. When did people suddenly wake up after a long day at work and say "I know, forget the starving nations, I'm going to spend my hard earned money on that book by Robert Spencer." Every day that I spend as an adult - I think I understand adults less and less.
  22. The learned people don't justify or allow for female Imams, and the Sunni position is that speed prayers are invalid/sinful. On the other hand, big Shia Ulemma e.g. Ayatollah Sistani, actually allow walking on fire and all these other things as valid forms of grieving, and grieving is is prescribed for Shia like an Ibadah. Obviously this has no bearing on you personally, but my point is only about addressing Bidah according to the Ulemma
  1. Load more activity