Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Until the 18th century, the struggle between the Safavid version of Shia Islam and the Ottoman Turkish version of Sunni Islam had continued to remain an important dimension of the combative relationships between the two major empires.[2] In the early 18th century, Persian–Ottoman peace negotiations introduced a new concept of inter-Muslim relations whereby sovereign states could co-exist as autonomous parts of the Islamic world community.[3] Although the further relations were guided by the mutual fear of weakness and distrust, it wasn't until 1847 when Qajar Persia and Ottoman Empirereached a substantial peace Treaty of Erzurum, starting a century of peace,[2] after centuries of rivalry.
  3. Congratulations to the ShiaChat member of the week! @AmirioTheMuzzy https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235035410-shiachat-member-of-the-week/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-3211072
  4. AmirioTheMuzzy @AmirioTheMuzzy "This dude is funny".
  5. Today
  6. Salam aleykoum, Did there had been times or states before the "modern era" where Shias and Sunnis lived together peacefully ? Or there had been always some forms of persecution and/or hatred ?
  7. If you have a wonderful marriage, then lookout for yourself & children. We don’t need your advice on divorce and marriage, with all due respect. We’ll follow the Holy Family of the Prophet, it’s enough for us.
  8. The wrap is made of a rice paper and Amazon in London sell this now. it's quite good as a wrapping instead of the alternatives we are more familiar with.
  9. Halal Vietnamese. This is the chain's website: http://www.sopho.com.sg
  10. Al Waeli also praises the Egyptian singer, Umm Kulthum, in his diwan, page 222:
  11. Al 'Waeli praises Harun al-Abbasi, Al-M'amun and Al-M'utasim in his diwan, page 348: Harun al-Abbasi is the killer of Imam Al-Kadhim. Al-Mamun is the killer of Imam Al-Ridha. Al-M'utasim is the killer of Imam Al-Jawad.
  12. Isaam

Losing faith

Yea, I had only lost faith because at school people talk about bible quotes like “John 3:18” and if you don’t follow him as God or the son you’ll go to hell. After coming on this website I already feel better.
  13. I respectfully disagree with you. It seems that the aforementioned ‘scholars,’ loved the so called, ‘caliphs:’ and that they were sending mercy upon them & praising them, out of their own will. For example, this man lived in a “majority-Shi'ite” country - out of what 'danger' would he need to ally/collaborate with the enemy? Under what circumstances? It doesn’t seem logical to me. (The same is applied to his student - that does the same) And the same goes to the first & third one, even if they lived at the time, in the reign of Saddam, why would they find the need to send mercy upon the enemies of God? Why would Saddam force them to do so in the first place? It also seems that they’ve done that out of their will. At the end, the first one was killed by the regime, because he refused to disavow/repudiate Khomeini, and this is quite saddening. Because, he preferred to give his life away (for the sake of Khomeini) and chose it over giving his life for the sake of the Holy Family of the Prophet. He sent mercy upon their enemies, but when it came to Khomeini, a jurist, he gave his life away.
  14. Which is worse, setting partners with God while believe in God or disbelieve in God while mocking him.
  15. Isaam

Losing faith

I’m mostly around Catholics. Yes, sometimes I read quotes, not a lot though.
  16. Quisant

Belief in God

That is an interesting thought, how would you go about doing that? I can see no equivalence between science and religion.Faith is absolute. Science is not. Science and Religion address different aspects of human existence. Religion is about deriving a sense of one's place in the universe,. Science is about objective definitions of how the universe works. The flaw in Science is that it can only determine truth in the Physical. It can only determine truth about an observable phenomenon. The flaw with Faith/religion is that it is subjective, not examinable. It does not have sophistication in explaining reality. Metaphysics' deals with all things outside of the perceivable realm. ws *
  17. You just got married. You barely have been experienced in a marriage enough, heck you barely even know your husband, since you claim you married him after a week of knowing him. How can you lecture people about something you barely have knowledge about? I still believe you’re reminding yourself with this thread rather than people
  18. Basically, those who strive, get martyred in the path of Allah get despised by the ulama who at least once collaborated with the enemy. Nothing new here, we Shias have our own Sanhedrin.
  19. HakimPtsid

Belief in God

Actually, on the Hindu and Greek deities. Well, from the Greek deities we got Platonism (and neo-platonism) which agrees on the Absolute (As-Samad), from Hinduism (and it's original Vedic religion) we've gotten Vedanta. The thing with Hinduism that is fascinating is the three main traditions of Hinduism (Vaishnavism, Saivism and Shakta) as well as the two main streams of Vedanta Philosophy (Advaita and Dvaita) all agree on an abstract Absolute (As-Samad) constant of existence (of course Dvaita is way closer to Islam because it believes in distinction between us and God, unlike Advaita), even though they conceptually frame themselves in varying ways (as we Shia tend to have more vaster understandings of Allah anyway). It seems an inevitability of Polytheism to become a form of Pluralism, mirroring the same Ontological Ultimate Reality of Monotheism (As-Samad). In a way, the Islamic stance on Polytheism (Shirk) could be seen as a forewarning of a greater understanding of the functioning of things, one that especially more ancient forms of Polytheism where incredibly naive of. Leaving out the physical practice of Idolatry though, which constitutes a different discussion. And outside of that, it all depends on the framing of "God" itself. As all forms of Philosophy that deal with the greater questions and problems of existence itself fall back into the same paradox, which itself produces many reactionary forms of evaluative interpretation of "Meaning", Absurdism for instance). I'm not making this post about necessarily tackling the question positively or negatively but rather, I just want to put the thought across to you: What happens when you fold all philosophical positions and beliefs (including hard-Atheism) all onto each other with observations of Science?
  20. My sister studies in Shiraz Al-Mustafa University. You will have an Al-Mustafa office in Iranian Embassy ( I don’t think you have one in United States) through which you have to apply And they'll conduct a test for you. They take people with a graduation degree in India. I think you have to ask you local Imam and go through him. Their online process is very bad.
  21. HakimPtsid

Losing faith

Right on! For me, I do find that some degree it brings out the most genuine and passionate devotion in oneself (and of course when one realizes the deeper, darker reality of the state of the West) but on the purely personal level, for me at least, it draws me closer. I think that if I lived in Iran (for example) I could possibly grow to take my faith/din for granted. And as Ali would say, it starts with the growth of one's heart first and not what everyone else around is doing.
  22. HakimPtsid

Losing faith

Yeah, I know the loneliness that comes from not having many Shi'I (and just Muslims in general) around, although as a very independent-minded person it is just something I personally am used to. What kind of Christians are around you? (if you know) Got another question, I know you're young but do you spend much time reading the sayings and writings of our Imams? and/or also the great Shi'I philosophers? (I'm trying to gather your own current place within Shi'ism) Blessings.
  23. Marty, I’m a little lost as to if your trying to gain some perspective about your religion or Islam or if you are just trying to spread the word to Muslims who don’t worship Jesus? If I was trying to become Christian and Alhamdulilah I’m not..I would be extremely confused by all that stuff you wrote up there. This is why I love Islam, because of the simplistic direct deposit message. And why does Sin still dwell within you if Jesus died for your sins already? Did it not work the first time? What’s the need to repent if Jesus already died for everybody's sins? I think I would want my money back. Shouldn't it be smooth sailing From there on out? Do you believe Jesus is the son of God or do you believe he is God or all three Gods in one body and flesh? Do you believe Jesus is brown skin hewbrew or British/French like most of the pictures depicted around the world?
  1. Load more activity