Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
  1. Religion Forums

1. General Islamic Discussion

Discuss Islamic theology, history, philosophy, spirituality, the Holy Qur'an, duas, hadith, and general issues facing the Muslim world. 

Discuss issues between the Shi'a and Sunni schools of thought.

Discuss issues between Islam, Christianity and Judaism. 

Discuss atheism, non-Abrahamic faiths (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc), and other religious/spiritual philosophies. 

Dicuss the history and doctrines of non-Imami sects and religions such as the Isma`ilis, Zaydis, Waqifis, Druze, Nusayris, Zoroastrians, Mandeans, and others, both existing and extinct.

For matters on Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh). 

Note: Only trust properly cited sources for Islamic rulings. ShiaChat.com is not affiliated with a specific marja or jurisprudential authority. 

1. Politics/Current Events

Discuss current events and political issues. 

Discuss personal, family, marriage, cultural, or social issues. 

Discuss science, technology, health, medicine, fitness, economics, finance, business, and engineering. 

Note: Forum is not intended as replacement for professional advice. 

Discuss schooling, education, jobs, and careers. 

Discuss traveling or events/issues within a specific country, town, or community. 

Discuss off-topic subjects like random thoughts, sports, entertainment, games, jokes, and whatever else is interesting. 

A place to post poems and other artistic contributions. 

1. 10.3k

1. Site Support/Feedback

Discuss ShiaChat.com related technical questions and feedback. Share any site related ideas for improvement as well!

Frequently asked questions related to ShiaChat.com

• No posts to show
      • No posts to show
  • Recent Post Feed

• As a non Muslim I have a question about the hadith. Why are they necessary?  Isn't the Qur'an enough?  After all there is a verse in the Qur'an that says its message is clear. Can you help clarify this for me - thanks
    • @THREE1THREE  I want to respond to your helpful comments and thoughts.  Thank you for engageging with my thoughts. You have writen so much - I don't know were to start.  These are obviously topics you have thought a lot about.  Shame, forgiveness, mercy, love they must be topics at the heart of your faith.  It is such a privilage to have a relationship with a merciful, loving God who offers forgivness to cover our shame.  It is comforting as well to know that when we come to God he will deal with us justly without prejudice. As I spend time with the loving and merciful God I realize the truth of Deuteronomy 8:5.  Yes God disciplines those he loves.  Love and mercy always seeks to show the consiquuences of our deeds and help us to learn from our actions. You are right that people remember our sins and faliours.  We can not hide ourselves from their acusations and rejection because of our past.  But God is different when he forgives.  He forgives completly because his forgiveness offers restoration, transformation and wholeness. An interesting verse I read yesterday writen under insperation by the prophet Michah chapter 7 18 Who is a God like you,     who pardons sin and forgives the transgression     of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry for ever     but delight to show mercy. 19 You will again have compassion on us;     you will tread our sins underfoot     and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. Each day I rejoice that God has forgiven me and has come to me by His Holy Spirit to live within so I can resist temptaion and know divine transformation. Can you tell me something of your experience of God's mercy, love and forgiveness?
    • Pope Francis said the next country he will visit is Lebanon.
    • That would be "hollywood sense." So what did you mean?
    • This is not the crisis i call it awakening.   You used it in your profile,  Religion : Muslim. This is the true denomination.
    • Thanks this is a really important comment.  Yes both Muslims and Christians talk about forgiveness and God forgiving. My questions is more about the process of forgiveness.  Does God forgive arbitrarily?  God's character to to forgive.  God tells us what sin is.  We do something that needs God to forgive us.  we recognize our failiour. We come to God and say I repent please forgive me. God says "Yes you are forgiven" Has God done something that means the seriousness and the cost of our actions are acknowledged through the process of forgiveness.  God reveals the desparate plight of those who sin.  He reveals actions that are necessary for us to receive forgivness.  We sin and recognize our inabiliity to completly fulfil the conditions to be forgiven.  God fulfills the conditions in himself, then offers forgivness which not only provides forgivness but also restoration to a state of being right before God. I believe that the forgiveness God offers is more than our sins being wiped out.  It also includes restoration, transformation and assurence.  Forgiveness without these things is just a plaster on a wound, whereas God longs for us to know healing and wholeness.  And he offers that as a gift.
    • Yesterday for lunch I had 5 chapati with karak milk, for dinner I had beef biryani.
    • exactly and i am also sure they didnt just stop searching for him....
    • Allahumma salli ala muhammadiw wa ali muhammadin wa ajjil faraja hum Rabbinee lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqir Audhu billahi minash shaytanir rajeem دع كل الشتائم ضدي تُعاد سبعة أضعاف. Astaghfirillah Ya Allah, protect my sister from further harm and abuse Ya as-Sadiq, pray on my behalf, to Al-Haqq that my friend is guided to Islam and healed of her headaches. Verily with hardship comes ease. (إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا - 94:6) Ya Kadhim, pray to As-Sabur on my behalf that me and my brother in Islam are rewarded with a wife each and also that he can find the strength and to overcome his sadness. Verily with hardship comes ease. (إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا - 94:6) Ya Ridha, pray to Al-Wadud on my behalf that she gets peace of mind, verily with hardship comes ease. (إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا - 94:6) Ya Taqi, pray to Al Hakim on my behalf that my burden is lessened and I get the strength to take this deen and the sanctity of my life seriously. Verily with hardship comes ease. (إِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا - 94:6) I ask nothing more than for our happiness and well-being. May we all be protected from the plague by Your permission
    • Develop a rudimentary grasp of the language before attempting to comment...I didn't mean "Borg Collective" in the literal sense
  • Blog Entries

• Search in the Quran
    Search:
    Download | Free Code
    www.SearchTruth.com