Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
  1. Religion Forums

1. General Islamic Discussion

Discuss Islamic theology, history, philosophy, spirituality, the Holy Qur'an, duas, hadith, and general issues facing the Muslim world. 

Discuss issues between the Shi'a and Sunni schools of thought.

Discuss issues between Islam, Christianity and Judaism. 

Discuss atheism, non-Abrahamic faiths (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc), and other religious/spiritual philosophies. 

Dicuss the history and doctrines of non-Imami sects and religions such as the Isma`ilis, Zaydis, Waqifis, Druze, Nusayris, Zoroastrians, Mandeans, and others, both existing and extinct.

For matters on Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh). 

Note: Only trust properly cited sources for Islamic rulings. ShiaChat.com is not affiliated with a specific marja or jurisprudential authority. 

1. Politics/Current Events

Discuss current events and political issues. 

Discuss personal, family, marriage, cultural, or social issues. 

Discuss science, technology, health, medicine, fitness, economics, finance, business, and engineering. 

Note: Forum is not intended as replacement for professional advice. 

Discuss schooling, education, jobs, and careers. 

Discuss traveling or events/issues within a specific country, town, or community. 

Discuss off-topic subjects like random thoughts, sports, entertainment, games, jokes, and whatever else is interesting. 

A place to post poems and other artistic contributions. 

1. 10.3k

1. Site Support/Feedback

Discuss ShiaChat.com related technical questions and feedback. Share any site related ideas for improvement as well!

Frequently asked questions related to ShiaChat.com

• No posts to show
      • No posts to show
  • Recent Post Feed

• Yesterday for iftar I had steak with fries and lentil soup, for suhoor I had fried vegetables spring rolls, vegetable sambosa, 2 chicken patty and leftover lentil soup with orange juice.
    • وَدَّ كَثِيرٌ مِّنْ أَهْلِ ٱلْكِتَـٰبِ لَوْ يَرُدُّونَكُم مِّنۢ بَعْدِ إِيمَـٰنِكُمْ كُفَّارًا حَسَدًا مِّنْ عِندِ أَنفُسِهِم مِّنۢ بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمُ ٱلْحَقُّ ۖ فَٱعْفُوا۟ وَٱصْفَحُوا۟ حَتَّىٰ يَأْتِىَ ٱللَّهُ بِأَمْرِهِۦٓ ۗ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدِيرٌ "Many of the People of the Scripture wish they could turn you back to disbelief after you have believed, out of envy from themselves [even] after the truth has become clear to them. So pardon and overlook until Allah delivers His command. Indeed, Allah is over all things competent." — Saheeh International This one talks about the the portion of the people of the book who are haters, and how we should forgive them and overlook them trying to return us to kufr out of envy.  The interesting part here that I noticed recently, is where it says we should endure and forgive up to a certain point, which is translated here as until the "command of Allah". So the Arabic term used is amr (command) Allah, and we know that the current Imam is the sahib El amr. So does this mean that once the amr Allah is delivered via its sahib, that the forgiveness and pardon will end? I personally think that's a strong option here, based on this verse. Could there be a direct connection between Amr Allah and sahib El Amr? Of course the Amr also is in reference of that judgment of the grave and the final judgment in the final eternal lifetime. One verse can resonate with many dimensions and time lines.   
    • These 3 personnalities are going to have a very long trial in the Day of Judgement.
    • Skip to min 53 if you don’t have time for the background info:  
    • The way I saw it, and I'm not the expert on the matter, that mostly orphans and helpless widows were adopted by families for their own families. I don't think that independent conquered people were necessarily integrated into households of the Victor's. It was for their own safety and livelihood. But I'd like to hear an expert on the topic as well. 
    • I think one should discuss this as case studies rather than general rules. I don't think that it was always allowed. Like, when meccah was peacefully conquered, not a single slave was taken. That is just one example of a war or battle. 
    • Obviously GDP is meaningless. I wonder how much income disparity correlates with crime and despair. 
    • Personally I don’t like tattoos and one reason for not getting any is that it’s not a nice look if I’m trying my best to follow the sunnah of rasool and ahlul bayt. I understand don’t judge by looks but I can’t imagine the prophets and imams repping 313 and having zulfiqar tattooes yet same time being the best of people it just doesn’t look good. 
    • I think it is very important for people to understand that there is NO "systemic racism" in the United States. Such a thing is very different from isolated examples of prejudice or unfair treatment. Systemic racism means state-sponsored racism that is legal and encouraged: manifest mistreatment of minority groups that is pervasive. Things like apartheid, Jim Crow laws, or outright persecution are examples.  The US is over 50 years removed from the Civil Rights movement, and numerous laws have been passed to correct past discrimination. We now have affirmative action, set-asides for minority businesses, anti-red-lining laws, etc. We have black members of congress and had a black president. When people tell me I have "white privilege" or that systemic racism exists in the US, I ask them: 1. What right or immunity do I possess that a black man does not possess in this country? 2. What occupations or political appointments are you prevented in obtaining because of the color of your skin? 3. Are you prevented from owning real estate, stocks, or debt instruments in this country because you are black? 4. How is the culture denigrating your people? Do you not see films, tv shows, etc. in which black people are portrayed favorably?  -- This idea of systemic racism and white privilege is a monstrous lie that is promoted by the radical left in an effort to destabilize the country and to cause conflict. It also convinces poor blacks that they cannot get a fair shake, and shouldn't bother working, or becoming productive members of society. As in India, where some politicians push hatred against Muslims for political gain, politicians here push hatred against whites. We are demonized as oppressors. 77% of black births are to single mothers Atheism in the US is growing, and has tripled in the last 10 years or so So kids are raised in a family with no father, and they don't go to church/mosque. Many drop out of school. This is a massive cultural and religious problem. Simply blaming white people for this stuff doesn't do anything to correct it, and instead makes things worse and poverty does not equal violence and despair. There are many countries "poorer" than the US, where the net worth and income of the average citizen is much lower, and yet there is far less violence and problems. Iran is much "poorer" than the US in terms of GDP per capita, average income, etc., and that country is 10 times safer. People can walk down the street in Tehran and not have to worry about getting mugged or shot. People are not using drugs, and huge gangs are not controlling parts of the city.  
    • Yeah, people "should trust" vaccines to nuke SARS-Cov-2. The European Commission organised, in cooperation with the World Health Organisation, a Global Vaccination Summit on 12 September 2019, in Brussels. Interestingly, this is about one month before Event 201. https://ec.europa.eu/health/vaccination/ev_20190912_en the titles of three round table presentations that the Summit was based on:    
  • Blog Entries

• Search in the Quran
    Search:
    Download | Free Code
    www.SearchTruth.com