Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
  1. Religion Forums

1. General Islamic Discussion

Discuss Islamic theology, history, philosophy, spirituality, the Holy Qur'an, duas, hadith, and general issues facing the Muslim world. 

Discuss issues between the Shi'a and Sunni schools of thought.

Discuss issues between Islam, Christianity and Judaism. 

Discuss atheism, non-Abrahamic faiths (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc), and other religious/spiritual philosophies. 

Dicuss the history and doctrines of non-Imami sects and religions such as the Isma`ilis, Zaydis, Waqifis, Druze, Nusayris, Zoroastrians, Mandeans, and others, both existing and extinct.

For matters on Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh). 

Note: Only trust properly cited sources for Islamic rulings. ShiaChat.com is not affiliated with a specific marja or jurisprudential authority. 

1. Politics/Current Events

Discuss current events and political issues. 

Discuss personal, family, marriage, cultural, or social issues. 

Discuss science, technology, health, medicine, fitness, economics, finance, business, and engineering. 

Note: Forum is not intended as replacement for professional advice. 

Discuss schooling, education, jobs, and careers. 

Discuss traveling or events/issues within a specific country, town, or community. 

Discuss off-topic subjects like random thoughts, sports, entertainment, games, jokes, and whatever else is interesting. 

A place to post poems and other artistic contributions. 

1. 10.4k

1. Site Support/Feedback

Discuss ShiaChat.com related technical questions and feedback. Share any site related ideas for improvement as well!

Frequently asked questions related to ShiaChat.com

• No posts to show
      • No posts to show
  • Recent Post Feed

• Salaam Aleikum Brother, Does the verse imply that it can only refer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) alone because He truly are the only one who can benefit and harm? If He gives to others, then they truly do not benefit or harm us either but actually it is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) alone who can harm and benefit us, thus it can only lead to one entity.  The Prophet said He can not harm and benefit himself expect only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can.  It means only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can benefit and harm thus only to Him alone we can call and supplicate. 
    • You surely did not understand what I said. 
    • Recognising that it is only God's work that provides the transformation necessary to become a member of God's family and to enter into an eternal intimate personal realtionship with the pure and holy God means that 'salvation' is open to everyone.  No one is beyond God's grace and mercy. However. there is no teaching in the Christian faith that suggests 'good deeds' do not make a difference to one's spiritual life.  The Hebrew Scriptures and the Injil are full of challenges to live a holy life to engage in spiritual discaplines like fasting and prayer.  The history of the Christian church is one of people from all branches of the faith seeking to draw close to God through spiritual discaplines whether aestheticism or caring for the poor or monastic and community life or living a daily walk of prayer in the midst of life. - Here are some verses from the New Testament giving instructions for a godly life.  The great thing is that God at work in us through his Holy Spirit gives the power and desire to realise these things. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge,
    • Just a few hours ago the Taliban have stormed a mosque in Takhar: https://youtu.be/gavH0IcxzG0 It is the same mosque, from which Uzbek prayer leader Abdul-Ghadir was removed a few days ago.   Some background story: Abdul-Ghadir has publicized in a sermon that in the past weeks the Taliban have tried to file an issue against him, in order to remove him from the pulpit, even though he hadn't speak up against the "Emirate" and didn't commit any crimes.  It was the first speech inside of Afghanistan after the Taliban takeover, in which someone publicly called the "Mujahid" (Taliban) as "Dhalim" - oppressor, which he did. He said that however big their (Taliban) power is, it is not bigger than Pharao's power and it will go down one day. The following is the video of his speech in Farsi, where he talks about the "Mujahid" (Taliban) being against him:
    • Jesus the Messiah said (Matthew 15) 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.” This links closely with the Prophet David's prayer Psalm (Zebur) 51 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,     and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
    • Friend, my point is that knowing about God is not enough.  It is just information or speculation.  What is important - in fact vital - it to know God.  To know God is to have an intimate relationship with him.   To know him as a freind, a brother, a parent.  As I live my life in relationship with God I discover amazing and wonderful things about who he is and how he acts, I also discover new things about myself, some of which I rejoice over and some of which I need to sort out with his help.
    • Are we in the danger of putting intellect and reasoning above God?  We live in an age where science and logic and the power of the human mind has marginalised God.  It is important that people of faith don't get drawn into the same trap.  God is able to transform our minds, he can give supernatural insight and wisdom.  I pray each day for God to help me to live with a Godly mind which thinks his thoughts after him.
    • Wa aleykumsalaam, I believe calling some living person in this world for help (Istighatha) is not a problem, while I doubt about the person who is dead or even martyred can come and help you physically, as I have not yet come across any hadeeth regarding this. We have reliable hadeeth where our Imam asked us to take help from a Jinn when you get lost in travelling.   10- حدثنا أبي رضي الله عنه قال حدثنا سعد بن عبد الله قال حدثني محمد بن عيسى بن عبيد اليقطيني عن القاسم بن يحيى عن جده الحسن بن راشد عن أبي بصير و محمد بن مسلم عن أبي عبد الله ع قال حدثني أبي عن جدي عن آبائه ع أَنَّ أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ ع في حديث الأربعمأة قال: ومن ضل منكم في سفر أو خاف على نفسه ، جنيا صالح صالحا يسيح في البلاد لمكانكم محتسبا نفسه لكم ، وسمع الصوت أجابرش الضال منكم وحبس دابته. My father(ra)- narrated that Sa’ed ibn Abdullah quoted Muhammad ibn Isa ibn Ubayd al-Yaqtayni, on the authority of Al-Qasim ibn Yahya, on the authority of his grandfather Al-Hassan ibn Rashid, on the authority of Abi Basir and Muhammad ibn Muslim, on the authority of Aba Abdullah as-Sadiq (عليه السلام), on the authority of his father, on the authority of his grandfather, on the authority of his forefathers that in an assembly the Commander of the Faithful Imam Ali (عليه السلام) taught his companions four-hundred things each of which is very useful for a Muslim’s life and religion. What he taught is as follows Whenever you get lost and frightened while you are traveling, you should say, ‘Ya Salih Aqsani’, since one of your genie brothers called Salih is always moving around and would help you find your way and would stop a fleeing quadruped upon hearing your call. Source: Al-Khisal by Shaykh Saduq, Vol 2, Pg 60, H 10. Grading: Shyakh Asif Muhsini consider this hadeeth as "Mu'tabar" (Reliable) in his Mu'jam al-Ahadith al-Mu'tabara, Vol 7, Pg 43.   About Omnipresent, then No. We do have authentic hadeeth where it says, all our deeds are presented before RasulAllah (sawas) and when he finds it, he becomes sad, so this proves he is not omnipresent. And Yes, Iblees and Angels are also not omnipresent. It is Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) alone who is omnipresent. 3 - علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن عثمان بن عيسى، عن سماعة، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: سمعته يقول: مالكم تسوؤن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله؟! فقال رجل: كيف نسوؤه؟ فقال: أما تعلمون أن أعمالكم تعرض عليه، فإذا رأى فيها معصية ساءه ذلك، فلا تسوؤا رسول الله وسروه. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father from ‘Uthman ibn 'Isa from Suma‘ who has said that he heard abu ‘Abd Allah (عليه السلام), say the following: “What is wrong with you? Why do you disappoint the Messenger of Allah?” A man asked, ‘How do we disappoint him?’ The Imam said, ‘Do you not know that your deeds are presented before him? When he finds sins in them it disappoints him. Do not disappoint the Messenger of Allah. Do things that will make him happy.’” Source: Al-Kafi by Shaykh Kulayni,Vol 1, Pg 219, H 3. Grading: Allamah Majlisi said hadeeth is “Hasan Muwaththaq” in Mirat ul Uqool, Vol 3, Pg 5.   2 - عدة من أصحابنا، عن أحمد بن محمد، عن الحسين بن سعيد، عن النضر بن سويد، عن يحيى الحلبي، عن عبد الحميد الطائي، عن يعقوب بن شعيب قال: سألت أبا عبد الله عليه السلام عن قول الله عز وجل: " اعملوا فسيرى الله عملكم ورسوله والمؤمنون " قال: هم الأئمة. A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Husayn ibn Sa‘id from al-Nadr ibn Suwayd from Yahya al-Halabi from ‘Abd al-Hamid al-Ta’i from Ya‘qub ibn Shu‘ayb who has said the following: “Once I asked abu ‘Abd Allah(عليه السلام), about the meaning of the words of Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, ‘Act as you wish. Allah will see your deeds and so will His Messenger and the believers. . . .’ (9:106) The Imam said, ‘They (believers) are ‘A’immah(عليه السلام).’” Source: Al-Kafi by Kulayni,Vol 1,Pg 219,H 2 Grading: Sheikh Hadi al-Najafi also says  hadeeth is “Saheeh” in Mausu'ah Ahadith Ahlulbayt, Vol 7, Pg 137.   I believe, the right way and Imams' way of doing Tawassul is saying "Ya Allah be Haqqe Muhammed wa aale Muhammed...."  which can be found in our authentic ahadeeth and Duas. Even if we consider saying "Ya Ali Madad" or any Istighatha as a legal form of Dua, I still prefer the way of our RasulAllah and Imams, because their way of worship is always better. Wa aleykumsalaam.
  • Blog Entries

• Search in the Quran
    Search:
    Download | Free Code
    www.SearchTruth.com