In the Name of God بسم الله
  1. Religion Forums

1. General Islamic Discussion

Discuss Islamic theology, history, philosophy, spirituality, the Holy Qur'an, duas, hadith, and general issues facing the Muslim world. 

Discuss issues between the Shi'a and Sunni schools of thought.

Discuss issues between Islam, Christianity and Judaism. 

Discuss atheism, non-Abrahamic faiths (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc), and other religious/spiritual philosophies. 

Dicuss the history and doctrines of non-Imami sects and religions such as the Isma`ilis, Zaydis, Waqifis, Druze, Nusayris, Zoroastrians, Mandeans, and others, both existing and extinct.

For matters on Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh). 

Note: Only trust properly cited sources for Islamic rulings. ShiaChat.com is not affiliated with a specific marja or jurisprudential authority. 

1. Politics/Current Events

Discuss current events and political issues. 

Discuss personal, family, marriage, cultural, or social issues. 

Discuss science, technology, health, medicine, fitness, economics, finance, business, and engineering. 

Note: Forum is not intended as replacement for professional advice. 

Discuss schooling, education, jobs, and careers. 

Discuss traveling or events/issues within a specific country, town, or community. 

Discuss off-topic subjects like random thoughts, sports, entertainment, games, jokes, and whatever else is interesting. 

A place to post poems and other artistic contributions. 

1. 10.4k

1. Site Support/Feedback

Discuss ShiaChat.com related technical questions and feedback. Share any site related ideas for improvement as well!

Frequently asked questions related to ShiaChat.com

• No posts to show
      • No posts to show
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 1 Anonymous, 531 Guests (See full list)

• Popular Contributors

• Recent Status Updates

• Laayla

Condolences on the death of Rasoul Allah Mohammad peace and blessings upon him and his family.
      · 0 replies
    • -Rejector-

أعظم الله أجورنا وأجوركم بمصابنا بالحسين عليه السلام
      May Allah make our reward and your reward great for our grief for Husayn, peace be upon him.
      · 0 replies
    • AbdusSibtayn

اللهم صلي على محمد و آل محمد , مخصوصا على أبا عبدلله الحسين , و لعن ألا أعدائهم أجمعين , و رزقنا زيارتهم في الدنيا و شفاعتهم في الاخيرة . 
      · 0 replies
    • Cool

السَّلامُ عَلَيكَ يَا بنَ رَسُولِ اللهِ، السَّلامُ عَلَيكَ يَا بنَ سَيِّدِ الاوصِياءِ، أشهَدُ أنَّكَ أمينُ اللهِ وَابنُ أمينِهِ، عِشتَ سَعيداً وَمَضَيتَ حَميداً وَمُتَّ فَقيداً مَظلُوماً شَهيداً، وَأشهَدُ أنَّ اللهَ مُنجِزٌ ما وَعَدَكَ، وَمُهلِكٌ مَن خَذَلَكَ، وَمُعَذِّبٌ مَن قَتَلَكَ، وَأشهَدُ أنَّكَ وَفَيتَ بِعَهدِ اللهِ وَجاهَدتَ فِي سَبيلِهِ حَتّى أتاكَ اليَقينُ، فَلَعَنَ اللهُ مَن قَتَلَكَ، وَلَعَنَ اللهُ مَن ظَلَمَكَ، وَلَعَنَ اللهُ أُمَّةً سَمِعَت بِذلِكَ فَرَضِيَت بِهِ، اللّـهُمَّ إنّي أُشهِدُكَ أنّي وَلِيٌّ لِمَن والاهُ وَعَدُوٌّ لِمَن عاداهُ
      · 0 replies
    • AbdusSibtayn

Assalamu alaik, ya Ali ibn Musa al-Rida (عليه السلام)!! 
      · 0 replies
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 September 2022
      * Safar 28 is the Death/Martyrdom of Prophet Muhammad SA and Imam Hassan AS. Condolences. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) accept your mourning activities.
      https://www.al-Islam.org/brief-history-fourteen-infallibles/first-infallible-holy-Prophet-Islam-Muhammad-ibn-Abdullah-peace
      https://www.al-Islam.org/brief-history-fourteen-infallibles/fourth-infallible-second-Imam#al-Hasan-ibn-Ali-al-mujtaba-peace-be-him
    • 26 September 2022
      Safar 29 - Special day in Islamic history. The martyrdom of Imam Ali bin Musa al-Rida (Reza) AS has been mentioned on more than one day. Safar 30 is one of the days mentioned in history. When the month of Safar is only 29 days, the martyrdom of the 8th Imam AS is remembered on Safar 29. Condolences. 
      http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/23745-8-imam-ridha-as-official-thread/

• 27 September 2022
      To be determined by your local moonsighting. 
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CrackedMK
    Newest Member
    CrackedMK

Total Topics
    3m
    Total Posts
  • Recent Post Feed

• It's a physical body,  but I wouldn't call that an earthly body, and I'm pretty sure I've read that we will have no needs, but I might be mistaken on that part.  
    • i think the second example is somewhat more accurate. imam khomeini talks about how things get easier after they are very hard, he was talking about the night prayer.  when a task becomes a habit it becomes very easy. for example lowering the gaze is very difficult, but for those who made it a habit, its nearly effortless except in some circumstances where there must be willpower. in my opinion after habituating yourself to something it becomes easy but there will always be those few times in which you must use a lot of willpower
    • عن أبي ذر رضي الله عنه، قال: رأيت رسول الله صلّى الله عليه وآله وقد ضرب كتف عليّ بن أبي طالب عليه السلام بيده وقال: يا عليّ، من أحبّنا فهو العربيّ، ومن أبغضنا فهو العِلْج، فشيعتنا أهل البيوتات والمعادن والشرف، ومن كان مولده صحيحاً. وما على ملّة إبراهيم عليه السلام إلاّ نحن وشيعتنا وسائر الناس منها براء، إن الله وملائكته يهدمون سيّئات شيعتنا كما يهدم القوم البنيان Abu Zarr (رضي الله عنه) related: 'I saw the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) strike on the shoulder of Ali Ibn Abi Taleb (عليه السلام) and say: "O Ali, he who loves us is the true Arab and he who hates us is the infidel. Our shia are the masters, the highborn, the honorable, and the legitimate. Only are our shia and we following the religion of Ibraheem (عليه السلام). The remaining people are all out of it [i.e. the religion of Ibraheem]. Allah and His angels are surely destroying the evil deeds of our shia in the same way as an axe destroys the building."' (Source: Fadaail al-Shia, H. #9)
    • Just wondering if anyone has any views on this ? 
    • The Reality of Hoor Al-een - Sayed Ahmed Al-Qazwini (47 minutes)  
    • Salam Alaikum, I have a question - are the majority of human beings good or bad . As a Muslim one should always assume the the best about his fellow human . The devil was an arrogant rational being whose ego was his downfall. He entices humans to follow their own desires, very often you probably don’t need a devil for this , humans do it of their own volition. And thus they are rational ‘animals’ i.e. they chain themselves to the basest things in life and don’t seek to purify themselves.    If you look around is the world full of devils and animals . Are the real humans precious jewels that are dug out of piles of filthy rubble . After all humans have the ‘potential’ to be higher than angels or like devils or worse than animals . Following lower desires is so much easier and more apparent than the higher spiritual path. Therefore in conclusion are we to assume or believe that most people are devils / animals rather than actual humans . Should we assume the worst about humanity considering it’s awful track record or should we have a more positive outlook on ourselves / humanity ?  
    • What is Really Behind Iran's Unrest? (33 minutes - Brian Berletic)    
    • This is just secularism. (And I'm sure you know Imam Khamenei's (ha) views on secularism). If Iran were to implement this suggestion, it would no longer be the Islamic Republic of Iran. It would just be another secular state where religion is kept in the mosques/churches/synagogues and no one will care about it outside of these places. This isn't what Imam Khomeini (ha) started the revolution for, nor is it what the millions of revolutionaries back in 1979 voted for.  What not okay about it? If you're living in an Islamic state, why do you expect secular laws? The IRI isn't like other countries. It won't make the same mistake by becoming secular and isolating religion from daily life. If people don't like that, airplanes exist. Imma just ignore this. I'm not denying that oppression usually happens in steps. But if the Iranian 'regime' really was as evil as some think, surely there'd be more than one case of an uncovered woman being mistreated. There are thousands of women without the proper hijab in Iran.  Anyway, what are you suggesting here? That if Iran could get away with it, they would? You sound like a Western politician.  Ok... If Muslims actually believe that the khimar isn't wajib... I've got nothing to say. In an Islamic state, where the the laws are based on religion, if half the population isn't wearing hijab, it's not too Islamic, is it? In other words, were Iran to abolish the dress code, and women take off their hijabs, other things could follow. Maybe paying zakat will no longer be monitored. Perhaps Iran will follow the Arab countries and legalise alcohol. If Iran starts moving away from religion, it won't stop. This is what troubles me. But what do you mean it does damage? Interesting point. Do you mean damage to the image of Islam from a non-Muslim perspective, or damage a Muslim woman's faith on a personal level? What I mean is that if the hijab can be enforced in Iran, that's not a bad thing. Yes, if a woman dies from it (she didn't by hypothetically), then that's wrong. But there's nothing wrong with implementing the more specifics of Allah's shari'a in an Islamic state.  The internet is the reason behind these violent riots. If protesters killing people can be stopped (or even slowed) through disconnected from the internet, it's only common sense to do so. 
  • Blog Entries

• Search in the Quran
    Search:
    Download | Free Code
    www.SearchTruth.com