• Upcoming Events

• Just had a long(ish) lecture from my wife that dates and honey are more obvious answers. But those had already been given. And that recommending the benefits of something does not mean favourite ... hmm.
    • Salam In another narration from Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) it is stated: "When Abbasi reaches Khorasan, a comet will rise in the east. The first time it dawned, it was for the destruction of Noah's people, when Allahd drowned them. It rose [the second time] during the time of Abraham ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), when he was thrown into the fire and when Allah destroyed Pharaoh and his companions, and [the third time] when Yahya son of Zakaria was killed. So whenever you see it, seek refuge in Allah from the evil of fitnas. The rise of this star will be after the capture of the sun and the moon. Then [Bani Abbas] do not delay (they do not last) [except for a short time], until Abqa is revealed in Egypt. 2   In another narration it is stated: "From the signs of near emergence: .. The rising of a bright star in the east, which shines like the moon, then its two sides bend as if its two sides want to connect to each other. [Then] the appearance of red in the sky [is] to be scattered in the space.   Imam Ali ((عليه السلام).) was asked about the interpretation of "Tariq" (walker in the night), he said: "It is the most beautiful star in the sky, while people do not know it..."9   https://hawzah.net/fa/Magazine/View/4227/7784/98870/ستاره-طارق  
    • Salam In another narration from Imam Baqir (عليه السلام) it is stated: "When Abbasi reaches Khorasan, a comet will rise in the east. The first time it dawned, it was for the destruction of Noah's people, when Allahd drowned them. It rose [the second time] during the time of Abraham ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), when he was thrown into the fire and when Allah destroyed Pharaoh and his companions, and [the third time] when Yahya son of Zakaria was killed. So whenever you see it, seek refuge in Allah from the evil of fitnas. The rise of this star will be after the capture of the sun and the moon. Then [Bani Abbas] do not delay (they do not last) [except for a short time], until Abqa is revealed in Egypt. 2   In another narration it is stated: "From the signs of near emergence: .. The rising of a bright star in the east, which shines like the moon, then its two sides bend as if its two sides want to connect to each other. [Then] the appearance of red in the sky [is] to be scattered in the space.   Imam Ali ((عليه السلام).) was asked about the interpretation of "Tariq" (walker in the night), he said: "It is the most beautiful star in the sky, while people do not know it..."9   https://hawzah.net/fa/Magazine/View/4227/7784/98870/ستاره-طارق  
    • Medina Exhibition While in Medina, I went to this exhibition (see pic). Apparently one person went through Qur'an and Hadiths and categorised them and this AV exhibition is the result of his effort. The exhibition comprises lots of interactive screens and one of them enables the user to click on the Prophet's physical attributes and get the details for each one. As the guide (someone leads groups through the exhibition) said everything in it is backed by research. There is also a section on women's rights and the guide pointed out that 'our' religion is based 30% on material provided by a woman. So far so predictable. But there was one point where he said that the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) had said that he would intercede on behalf of people (can't remember whether he meant all of them or a proportion) buried in Baqi. I was stunned. I thought I'd bring up this notice which appears at the entrance of Baqi, but thought better of it. The third paragraph denies the notion of intercession.   Reading the notice again, isn't there also an inconsistency between No.3 in the first list and No.3 in the last list?   There was also a section on the foods the Prophet liked. He asked us to name some. This was a pretty neutral topic, so I thought I'd chip in. I mentioned salt. The guide said no. I was pretty sure about the answer.  Googling now I find this Sunni source which seems to back up what he said: https://hadithnotes.org/an-analysis-of-the-hadith-whoever-begins-his-meals-with-salt-will-be-saved-from-seventy-diseases/   We have discussed it here and not come to a conclusion:   Though in this one Basim Ali provided some positive views:   And this al-islam.org entry is positive as well. https://www.al-islam.org/message-thaqalayn/vol-14-no-2-summer-2013/eating-and-drinking-conduct-prophet-muhammad-m-r-jabbari/eating Thoughts? Overall though I think the exhibition is very well put together technically. It's not complete, but when it is I think it will be interactive. The guide was very well spoken and he delivered the presentation very well. No pics of what it is like, because photography is not allowed. The session I attended was in English, but there are presentations in other languages as well. Some of it is presented along the lines of 'when someone asks you about'. The topic I previously mentioned (women's rights) is framed in terms of the rights of women as mothers, wives and daughters. I think that framing will obviously wind-up the people who have issues with perceived Islamic misogny. There is a gift shop at the end. I bought a fridge magnet (obviously). Glad I went, but there is also a movie at the end, but it was Thursday and I needed to do Dua Kumayl (by Baqi) and the next day would be a very long one.
    • Based on zionist propganda , Iran is doing all of it which naive people beleive  it