Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Topics

What are you working on?

8 topics in this forum

1. Welcome

• 21 replies
    • 2k views
  2. Art

• 8 replies
    ShiaChat Mod
  3. Assalamu Alaykum

• 6 replies
  4. Cottage remodel!

• 30 replies
    • 1k views
  5. Coloring pages

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  6. DIY Ideas

• 0 replies
  7. Home repair

• 7 replies
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • What is aqd al misyar?
    • You can believe what you want - is that the fact of the matter? No. Who says that this is the case? Allah says in this verse none know it but Him, so how could others know it? This is a contradiction of the verse if what you believe is so. I follow Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) and what his companions were upon [this includes his family]. Allah and His Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) are whom I follow.
    • Someone said that the verse 4:24 is the one that allows mutah?
    • Agree that dowry is only for the woman. Is their any confusion? This issue in temporary marriage is exactly like it is in the Permanent marriage. Don't confuse it. Dowry is the one that is stated in the quran only, we both know about it and their is no argument on it. From Sayyed al Sistani (رضي الله عنه) (not the entire ruling but to show that their is amount/dowry that is set): If a woman appoints a man to be her agent for marrying her to himself for a specified period and a specified amount. In the narrations as well as the rulings, such a woman is designated as a 'wife'. So, I go according to thst. If for you she is a 'loose woman' or 'rag' or 'used'. That is your opinion.  And a side note here: Please keep such opinions to yourself as it is highly offensive to use such words about a woman in temporary marriage. If you say it again I will ask the mods to kindly delete such comments.  Tawzih of Sayyed al Sistani Ruling 2439: A temporary marriage that is not for the purpose of deriving sexual pleasure is valid. Leave it now. It's resolved
    • I think it is a bit ridiculous that you take a non-Muslim approach to something we both agree on simply to see it as permissible, which does not make any sense to me. There are lots of videos and books that explain polygamy and why it is acceptable, regardless of who has an opinion on it. Allah allows it and we both agree on it, so to argue from a standpoint in which we disagree shows you being disingenuous. Me saying it is bad does not make it bad, yes. The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) saying it is. Not only that, the same saying is stated in your books - though I am sure it was mentioned or explained as being taqiyyah. Nobody has answered it, just my other points.