In the Name of God بسم الله

Poetry and Art

A place to post poems and other artistic contributions. 

603 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
  1. Song of Songs

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  2. Translation of this Latmiyat

• 0 replies
    • 9 replies
  3. Sought to prove I love you

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. The Mill

• 1 reply
  5. [POLL] Art

• 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. The Mysterious Sacred Letters

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  7. Tell him, mother!

• 0 replies
  8. Poetry at Karbala

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  9. Imam Ali (as) Poem

• 0 replies
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • On a related note... I recently read his '12 Rules for life' (and i will likely read the follow up too), and while the book is full of some useful advice, it really struck me that none of it was smart or profound. It was advice your father, older brother, &/or grandfather would give you. It really troubles me that basic advice like what's given in the book is considered profound. Is this really how bad fatherlessness has gotten in the West?
    • @HzAbbas Why do you think that is the case? After all, wouldn’t conversion require at least some exercise of reasoning power?
    • In my experience, people rarely (if ever) convert from one faith to another because of intellectual reasons. I respect Christians, and while living abroad made friends with some ex-Muslim converts to Christianity (which I know is probably controversial, but for some of them I was the only friend they had - and still have). I have explained in other posts what why I disagree with their position, but like Imam Ali ((عليه السلام).) said: "a person is either your brother in faith, or equal in humanity."
    • @Abu Hadi that's actually fascinating. Are there any "tells" to look for?  @kadhim feel free to chime in if you have an answer also.  Do you think it's possible in the near future for AI to be indistinguishable from a real person? I wonder about the implications of that, regarding sentience and free will.   There's also the fact that my opinions are not much influenced by the opinions and actions of strangers so I'm probably not their target audience. 
    • In general in response to the topic, I’d kind of just say, meh. It is what it is.  Obviously it kind of makes sense everyone is up to this. It’s a logical next step in information warfare.