Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Walaykum as Salam,  I don’t see any contradictions. Shia belief is that some things are predestined, and some are influenced by the person’s free will, while Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can alter both whenever. Newborns, babies and little children are pure and innocent, born on fitra, and they “don’t have enough time” to exercise free will, therefore they go automatically to paradise. 
    • I don't think I fully agree brother. Maybe in modern day Shi'i communities it's common to call upon awliyah (عليه السلام) and to address supplications to them, but this practice doesn't have any basis in the actual teachings of Shiism. It seems to have somehow crept in and is weakly defended by suggesting that the intention is to ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) even if the supplication is not being addressed to him.  May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us from such things
    • The reason why I find the dua Tawassul as problematic is because we are doing in the form of Du'a where we ask for our Imams to settle our needs. In the form of Du'a, which is exactly the form of worshiping and calling only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) should be only seeking directly from Him.  
    • The shirk would be exactly if people take them as same level than how these polytheist did, to level of worshiping them. This is why Qur'an is repeating it because God knows that human beings tends to attach their thankfulness for human beings and other creations and forget that God is the center and He is the one that we should thankful and ask for help.  Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord! - to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour!" Everything is about being grateful or ungrateful. So everything is about Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and should be about Him.
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Minor Islamic Sects

Dicuss the history and doctrines of non-Imami sects and religions such as the Isma`ilis, Zaydis, Waqifis, Druze, Nusayris, Zoroastrians, Mandeans, and others, both existing and extinct.

512 topics in this forum

1. Mustahab fasts

• 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 21 replies
  2. Orthodox Christian

• 11 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 59 replies
    • 4 replies
  3. Ornament hand in Myanmar's Shia Mosque

• 0 replies
    • 15 replies
  4. Ahmadi-ism

• 7 replies
    • 333 replies
    • 8 replies
  5. Zaidism 1 2 3 4 5

• 163 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 513 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 18 replies
  6. Clarification

• 18 replies
  7. My reasearch and findings on Lahore ahmadiyya jumat.

• 5 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 19 replies
  8. Twelver-Ismaili Dialogue

• 0 replies
    • 39 replies
    • 27 replies
  9. Who Is Ahmad Al Hassan? 1 2 3 4 30

• 1,038 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 28 replies