Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
    • People approach God in different ways. Those who believe that adornment takes away from the spirituality really should not be paying so much attention to it in the first place - since they should be focusing on their own aamal. Personally I don't begrudge the adornment because the shrines are visited by many poor people for whom the ziarat is the only respite they get and if they can enjoy a bit of public bling in the process, I see no harm. From what I have seen of the more recent constructions e.g. in Iran may look elaborate but they seem to be quite easy and I'd guess cheap to put up. What seems to be intricate tilework is just a slab stuck onto a metal frame and the bare plaster beneath has been left as is. As for the Qajar dynasty mirrorwork, I think that's quite clever, in an interior room where there are no windows there is a problem with light by having tiles made of mirrors you make the most of whatever light you have. It's reflective (no pun intended) of a historic Shia dynasty and I don't get the hate. Also having different styles of decoration in different rooms makes navigation easier and also makes it easier to date the different rooms  (if you are into that sort of thing).
    • Yeah totally, it's just so thoughtful and understanding. Sounds like that person is missing a few screws. Choice name if I say so myself.
    • "The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him)." 42:13 You would have to draw it to Abraham, wouldn't you? "And they became divided only after Knowledge reached them,- through selfish envy as between themselves. Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, (tending) to a Term appointed, the matter would have been settled between them: But truly those who have inherited the Book after them are in suspicious (disquieting) doubt concerning it." 42:14 Since Islam started from Abraham.
    • Ta-tah England, my £9.99 for a dodgy shanakhti card is already in the post.
  • Recent Blog Posts

• Search in the Quran
    Search:
    Download | Free Code
    www.SearchTruth.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
  1. Why somethings were created and some were made?

2. Waddu