Ali

Introduce yourself here.

Rate this topic

salamz everyonepeople just call me abdul though

well my name is abdulfatah i am going t be 15 this month the the 26 i am a student abukar is mt cuze holla back couse ghetto talker is my bro well i love meetting new people play soccer basketballfootbal for fun i only played basketball for a team the rest for fun well i am rom somalia like my cuze said well and if u like to no more just ask

salamz everyone peace

saalam All

ALi is here from corner of Hot Arizona.

been here 5 years.

moved from Afghanistan, lived in Cali. for 10 years/

i guess it has been just a simple life so far for me.

hoping to meet some new shia friends here.

Salam alaikum,

what do you mean by "proper'' name?  many people have some of the names of the 99 names of Allah (swt).  For ex.   Karim, Halim, even Noor.  

The 99 names of Allah (swt) are attributes, descriptions, but they are just words, that have meanings.  They can be said as zekr for Allah (swt) too.  I don't know why it would be wrong or improper to name somebody one of those names?  but I have heard of this too.  I'm not even sure if it's wrong.  Maybe someone can clear this up.

But sometimes names like Karim are Abdul-Karim..in full.  Anyways, Azeez also means "dear" in farsi as well as "the mighty" ...or the one who's not defeated.  

Do you mean it's improper to name a child these names?  and what is the reason if it is?

Another redneck here! American of mixed European origin (German, Czech, Hungarian) from the midwest (IN) raised Christian/Catholic and converted to Shia Islam in 1988 (alhamdulillah! )  

Name: Um Ali (but someone already took that nick! )

Married with 5 children (4 girls and 1 boy )

Employed as admin. asst. in univ. education, also English teacher/tutor.

Speak English, Arabic (forgot most Spanish ) trying to learn Farsi and Hindi

This board reminds me of my friends in America when I first converted. Pleasant memories and most of all, no regrets!

"Fursa sayeeda" It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Edited By jlainqatar on 1032254865

Bismillah..

Assalaam Alaikum,

who you worship jlainqatar.....?????

brother/sister Fsiddiqui excuse me but I find that comment in bad humor, and rude!  If you don't have something nice to say, please don't say anything at all. very uncalled for and unneccessary.  Sorry but that was [b:post_uid9]insultive[/b:post_uid9], although I assume it was meant as some type of sarcasm/joke.. still..

and sis jalainqatar.. lemme be the first to say ahlan :) and nice to meet you.  Hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

take care, wassalam Alaikum

Fsaddiqui: never heard of Shia Islam? Hummmmmm, I wonder what you're doing here, then. Let me explain:

Islam is a noun in the English language ( ie 'to shia Islam' is a prepositional phrase, Islam is the object of the preposition, therefore a noun). Shia is an adjective that describes that noun. Therefore, I am a muslim who follows the shia or party of Ali (as), the nephew of the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh). I worship none other than Allah (SWT). Always glad to clear up any misunderstandings.

Hablillah: thanks for the welcome and never mind: al mutsamah karim!  I like it here already.......

Fsiddiqui: no offence taken! There ARE different sects in Islam, and the fact that some of our Sunni brothers in faith tend to believe there are only 4 sects in Islam (Maliki, Shafaie, Hanbali and Hanafi- forgetting who taught them jurisprudence) and go so far as to call us rafidi or kafer irks me. Inshalla, the current situation in Isreal/Palestine and in the ME in general, will join all the muslims together as they were united under rasool Allah Mohammed  pbuh  

Wa salam alaycom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu!

hey salaamz

im 17 .. in chicago..

i use to live in abudhabi b4.. jus moved here 3 yrs ago..

n um.. jus thought id leave my info since i jus started loggin into shia chat. :)

im doin my associates degree.. then gna jump to my bachelors.. im still not sure wat im majorin in.. :P..

this is my frst yr frst semester goin on.. n dude, i find no difference btw colege n high school except that TOO MUCH STUDYIN!!

neways.. tc.. stay sweet.

(salam)

I'm 18 years old muslim, born and live in Hungary. I'm hungarian with some czech, slovak, german, turkish and croatian ancestors, too.

I started my first semester in a collage here, but it's so boring. :s

I know a very very very little turkish and arabic and of course I speak my mother language.

My english is bad, but I hope u can understand me.

:D

was salaam

As Salaam 3laikom wa ra7matollahi wa barakato

My name is Jusef Mustapha

My heritiage is mixed. My mother is Afro America and my father family is originally from Sierra Leone.

I was Sunni and always respected Ayatollah Khomayni. I read books on him and always stood up for Ithna 3shari muslims although I didn't know much about the aqeeda of the Ja'fari school.

About two years ago a friend of mine from Al Habasha became Shi3ya and gave me a book (Then I was guided) but I never read it. Then another friend of mine (who is shi3ya) was attacked by some Sunni friends of mine for his aqeeda so I decided to read the book my friend gave me. When I read it, it confirmed many things I always held true such as respect for Ahl al bayt etc. etc.

Then I read some other books by Tabatabai. Then I went to a masjid here and went for Du3a Kumayl. Next thing u know I started to practice Ithna 3shari way.

Err, what were the other questions? Oh yeah, I am 28 and married, and expecting my first child (a boy) in a month or so al-7amdolillah!

I live in south florida and I attend the Imami Masjid in North Miami beach so if anyone is down here let me know  :D

hmmm what else is there to say? Oh yeah, I am into PC games and belong to a online Muslim gaming clan we play rts, fps and role playing. We are made up of Sunni and Shia and we all respect each others beliefs and practices. If anyone is interested in joining please let me know you would be more than welcome to join (ahlan wa sahlan) Also if anyone is good with micromedia flash and dreamweaver please contact me I need help big time with the website. the name of the clan by the way is IAM (Ikhwan Al Muslimeen) or the Muslim brotherhood :)

Okay m3salaama and i look forward to getting know you all!

P.S. sorry for the long message

bismillah

name: Nader

nationality: mo3awed(Iranian/Iraqi) aka Iraqi with Iranian Origins, u can call me Karbalaei or Shirazi but Karbalaei is better :)

2nd year University in AUD(American University in Dubai)

i was born in Tehran and moved to Dubai at the age of 4 and raised in Dubai........i moved to Toronto for my 1st year of Uni. but i didn't like the city and basically the west at all so i decided to go back home and live in the right place and get the same education.....

anything more??   :P

Guest Syed Aatif Ali B.

bismillah

(salam)

As Salaamu 'Alaikum Everyone!  

I'm new to ShiaChat... ;)

Let's see...I'm 22 years old born and raised in Illinois of Pakistani descent. I finished by undergrad studies in Print and Broadcast Journalism from Benedictine Univ.

Now I'm studying Arabic in Morocco till Spring, insha-Allah and then I'll be going for theological studies in Qom.  :)

Btw, does anyone know if there are any Shii in Morocco? It's nice talking to y'all but it would be great if I could meet up with a du'a circle on Fridays or just be in the company of those who love AND follow Ahlul Bayt...we've got a lot of Sufis here though...they're not anti Shia and they love Ahlul Bayt but it's not the same.  :wacko:

Ok, I'm really happy I'm getting a chance to meet you guys and insha-Allah this the start of a beautiful friendship  :D

Wa Salaam,

Syed Aatif  :)  :)