• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Salaam brother, I have heard more than one aalim and even marajae encourage studying sciences and pursing professional degrees. You can serve islam just as well being a civil engineer, doctor, accountant as you can being an aalim.
    • If you are a mu'min then you will eventually be let into Heaven. But if you were a sinful and a transgressing person, some say you may be punished for a while in Jahannam for your actions. Now, the question is: what if you didn't pray or go to Hajj or fast in Ramadhan or pay obligatory zakat? Will you still be considered a mu'min in the Afterlife?  That question is interesting.
    • I haven't seen a specific narration. It seems to be the reason some fuqaha have this ruling is because it comes under nahi an al munkar. Also, some fuqaha say all sins are punishable under the Islamic court - and this is done through ta'zir. And not wearing hijab would be a sin.
    • It is the best option. Even if it means having one less sin under your name, that means something in Islam. @notme they are much better for boys. Trust me I know from personal experience. If you were to be present in some of the conversations that boys have in the playground about girls you might faint lol
    • Bloomberg and aljazeera.com both reported 12 days ago that the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority sent a list with hundreds of names to lenders, telling them to freeze any accounts linked to them. Today (November 20, 2017) Reuters is reporting that over 2,000 bank accounts have been frozen.