#1 ZeeshanAbbas

ZeeshanAbbas

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:44 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

from web site of Great Marjeh (a.r) ayatullah Shirazi (a.r) and also from other web site and books it is found some teaching of islam for "MOON IN SCORPION PHASE" for example from web link : http://www.shirazi.org.uk/sex.htm

In a hadith from al-Imam al-Saadiq (as) :

�Do not arrange for the wedding night to coincide with the moon going through the scorpion phase, for would not lead to a happy marriage.�

please told me what is "MOON IN SCORPION PHASE" ? how we can determine it? what is its more details? waiting for reply.
wassalam Zeeshan

#2 Hasan Farhan Naqvi

Hasan Farhan Naqvi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Religion:ÔíÚÉ Úáí

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:58 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

from web site of Great Marjeh (a.r) ayatullah Shirazi (a.r) and also from other web site and books it is found some teaching of islam for "MOON IN SCORPION PHASE" for example from web link : http://www.shirazi.org.uk/sex.htm

�Do not arrange for the wedding night to coincide with the moon going through the scorpion phase, for would not lead to a happy marriage.�

please told me what is "MOON IN SCORPION PHASE" ? how we can determine it? what is its more details? waiting for reply.
wassalam Zeeshan

(salam) Brother

If you are in Pakistan, you can find the details of Moon in Scorpio or Qamar dar Aqrab in the Imamia Jantri. It is said that one should give Sadqa of Milk on the start of this phase of the moon. This sadqa prevents the negative effects of this lunar phase from harming the individual and his family.

Wasalam

#3 Haji 2003

Haji 2003

Shoekeeper

• Mods
  • 7,005 posts
  • Interests:Apple, Canon, Rohan, Singapore Airlines, LSE

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:38 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

?Do not arrange for the wedding night to coincide with the moon going through the scorpion phase, for would not lead to a happy marriage.?

wassalam Zeeshan

Something to do with the moon being in alignment (?) with the constellation of Scorpio.

You don't need to work it out, the calendars disributed by imambaras/mosques often show this.

Mine is from the Stanmore Imambara in North London and shows the dates as 28/29/30/31 August.

It's usually 3-4 days per month.

#4 Evolution

Evolution

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

This is known as Qamar Dar Akrab and the dates can be found on any Shia Islamic Calendar.:

Calendar

#5 badmatahfingha

badmatahfingha

• Unregistered
  • PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:09 AM

Kal chawdhvi ki raat thi shaab bhar raha charcha tera
Kuch ne kaha yeh chaand hai, kuch ne kaha chehra tera
Hum bhi wahan maujood the, hum se bhi jab pucha kiye
Hum hass diye hum chup rahe, manzoor tha parda tera

#6 inshaAllah

inshaAllah

• Admins
  • 6,901 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 09 September 2006 - 05:48 AM

(salam)

'Moon in scorpion phase' means nothing. . .

Fi-Amanillah

#7 Evolution

Evolution

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:18 PM

(salam)

'Moon in scorpion phase' means nothing. . .
Fi-Amanillah

Yes it does. According to Ayotollah Sistani, it is haraam to read nikah when the moon is in the phase of scorpio. Please do not give incorrect information. I have emailed the office of Ayotollah Sistani about this and it is forbidden, based on the Hadeeth of the Holy Prophet (as).

#8 Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah Khanam - ãåÏíÉ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

Salaam.
Qamar dar Aqrab is an unblessed period and is bad luck for marriage. Thanks 'Evolution' I have learnt of something new - until now I thought it was Makruh.
(However I do not think this is the case for fellow sunni people who perform marriage while there is Qamar Dar Aqrab - been invited twice before to weddings in this time).
A shame as most people marry just the once yet do not bother to obey Islam.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users