Sign in to follow this  
True Hussaini

Who can forget these words of Yazid (LA) ?

Rate this topic

Islamic History can never forget the occasion when the revered family of the Holy Prophet (PBUH)were brought as cap­tives to the court of Damascus and the slain head of Imam Husain (as) was placed in a golden tray before Yazid (LA); while he, touching the sacred teeth of the Apostolical Imam (as) with his stick, was saying;

“If my ancestors, who had been slain in the battle of Badr, would witness the way I have avenged their blood from Muhammad’s progeny, they would admire my deed immensely and would say, Bravo, Yazid! May not thy hands get benumbed, and it was nothing but an imperialistic design of the Hashimites, as neither a Divine Message ever came to Muhammad nor was there any Revelation (Wahi).”

**After the massacre of Imam Husayn bin 'Ali (a.s.) and his companions at Karbala, the forces of Yazid bin Mu'awiyah took the children and women of Husayn's caravan as prisoners. They were taken from Karbala to Kufa and from Kufa to Damascus, the capital and stronghold of Umayyid power.

In Damascus, the women and children were presented into the court (darbar) of Yazid. Yazid had assembled all the dignitaries and officers of his capital for that occasion. When the prisoners where brought in, they saw that Imam Husayn's head was at the foot of Yazid's thorn. Yazid was joyfully reciting some poems in which he openly rejected the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) and called on his ancestors (who were killed by the Muslim army in the battle of Badr) to witness the revenge which he had extracted from the family of the Prophet.

It was under such an emotionally charged circumstances that Zaynab bin Ali, the courageous daughter of a courageous father, stood up and gave a very moving speech in response to Yazid's statements.

In the name of Allah the, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Universe,

Allah's blessings be on His Messenger's Family altogether.

Allah says: "Then the end of those who do evil deeds is that they reject the verses of Allah and ridicule them". (Quran 30:10)

Oh Yazid! Do you think that by making us prisoners in such a way that we are being taken from one place to another in humiliation - do you think that by this you have humiliated us in the sight of Allah and have earned respect for yourself?!

This apparent success of yours is the result of grandeur of your might and lofty status for which you are proud…. You feel that you have conquered the whole world and your affairs are organised and that our domain is now under you control… And are you forgetting that Allah has said:

"Surely those who have bought unbelief at the price of faith shall do no harm at all to Allah, and they shall have a painful chastisement". (Quran 3:177)

Then Zaynab reminds Yazid that his grandmother and other relatives came into the fold of Islam only after the fall of Mecca at the hands of the Muslims. Since Mecca was taken without any war or bloodshed, legally the entire inhabitant could have been made the slaves of the Prophet. But the Prophet, out of his mercy, declared to the people of Mecca that 'I release you from the bonds of slavery, you are free.' In other words, Zaynab wanted Yazid to remember that his ancestors were the 'freed slaves' of her grandfather. Look at the courage of Zaynab! Standing as a prisoner in the court of Yazid, she does not hesitate to remind him of his reality.

Is it justice, O son of the freed slaves!, that you provide your ladies and slave-girls with hijab, whereas the daughters of the Messenger of God are held prisoners? You have insulted them by taking away the covers; you have exposed their faces to the enemies -- from one city to another. Everyone irrespective of his high or low status stares at their faces. These ladies do not have their gents or protectors with them.

Then Zaynab reminds the audience of the origins of Yazid: his grandmother, Hind (the wife of Abu Sufyan), had ordered her slave after the battle of Uhud to cut open the chest of Hamzah, the Prophet's uncle, and chewed upon his liver to 'quench' her anger for death of her father and brother who were killed in Badr.

But, of course, how can we expect protection from him whose mouth spits out the heart of the pious people, whose flesh has grown from the blood of martyrs? And why should he not hate us who is jealous of us and shamefully say: 'I wish my ancestors had seen me today; they would congratulate me and pray that my hand would never be weak'. He is saying this while, he is hurting [with his cane] the teeth of Husayn, the leader of the Youths of Paradise.

Why should he not say these things -- he who has cursed his feelings and sores by spilling the blood of Muhammad's family, the stars of the family of 'Abdul Muttalib.

You call your ancestors hoping that they will answer you. You will be put together with them and then you will regret and say had my tongue become dumb so that I would not have said what I said.

O Allah! Give us our right, and avenge those who have oppressed us; and send your anger upon those that spilled our blood and killed our protectors

By Allah! O Yazid, by killing 'Husayn you have not torn but your own skin and you have not cut but your own flesh. You will be brought to the Prophet with the crimes of spilling the blood of his children and humiliating his family.

"The oppressors will know when the time changes [against them].**

http://www.convertstoislam.com/Karbala/speech.html

**laanat on Yazid and those amongst his progeny who still to this day uphold his distorted and very much twisted views..May Allah SWT banish them to the deepest valleys of hell and strengthen further the imaan of those who wish to seek enlightenment by taking to the one true path ameen elahi ameen**

**After the massacre of Imam Husayn bin 'Ali (a.s.) and his companions at Karbala, the forces of Yazid bin Mu'awiyah took the children and women of Husayn's caravan as prisoners. They were taken from Karbala to Kufa and from Kufa to Damascus, the capital and stronghold of Umayyid power.

In Damascus, the women and children were presented into the court (darbar) of Yazid. Yazid had assembled all the dignitaries and officers of his capital for that occasion. When the prisoners where brought in, they saw that Imam Husayn's head was at the foot of Yazid's thorn. Yazid was joyfully reciting some poems in which he openly rejected the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) and called on his ancestors (who were killed by the Muslim army in the battle of Badr) to witness the revenge which he had extracted from the family of the Prophet.

It was under such an emotionally charged circumstances that Zaynab bin Ali, the courageous daughter of a courageous father, stood up and gave a very moving speech in response to Yazid's statements.

In the name of Allah the, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Universe,

Allah's blessings be on His Messenger's Family altogether.

Allah says: "Then the end of those who do evil deeds is that they reject the verses of Allah and ridicule them". (Quran 30:10)

Oh Yazid! Do you think that by making us prisoners in such a way that we are being taken from one place to another in humiliation - do you think that by this you have humiliated us in the sight of Allah and have earned respect for yourself?!

This apparent success of yours is the result of grandeur of your might and lofty status for which you are proud…. You feel that you have conquered the whole world and your affairs are organised and that our domain is now under you control… And are you forgetting that Allah has said:

"Surely those who have bought unbelief at the price of faith shall do no harm at all to Allah, and they shall have a painful chastisement". (Quran 3:177)

Then Zaynab reminds Yazid that his grandmother and other relatives came into the fold of Islam only after the fall of Mecca at the hands of the Muslims. Since Mecca was taken without any war or bloodshed, legally the entire inhabitant could have been made the slaves of the Prophet. But the Prophet, out of his mercy, declared to the people of Mecca that 'I release you from the bonds of slavery, you are free.' In other words, Zaynab wanted Yazid to remember that his ancestors were the 'freed slaves' of her grandfather. Look at the courage of Zaynab! Standing as a prisoner in the court of Yazid, she does not hesitate to remind him of his reality.

Is it justice, O son of the freed slaves!, that you provide your ladies and slave-girls with hijab, whereas the daughters of the Messenger of God are held prisoners? You have insulted them by taking away the covers; you have exposed their faces to the enemies -- from one city to another. Everyone irrespective of his high or low status stares at their faces. These ladies do not have their gents or protectors with them.

Then Zaynab reminds the audience of the origins of Yazid: his grandmother, Hind (the wife of Abu Sufyan), had ordered her slave after the battle of Uhud to cut open the chest of Hamzah, the Prophet's uncle, and chewed upon his liver to 'quench' her anger for death of her father and brother who were killed in Badr.

But, of course, how can we expect protection from him whose mouth spits out the heart of the pious people, whose flesh has grown from the blood of martyrs? And why should he not hate us who is jealous of us and shamefully say: 'I wish my ancestors had seen me today; they would congratulate me and pray that my hand would never be weak'. He is saying this while, he is hurting [with his cane] the teeth of Husayn, the leader of the Youths of Paradise.

Why should he not say these things -- he who has cursed his feelings and sores by spilling the blood of Muhammad's family, the stars of the family of 'Abdul Muttalib.

You call your ancestors hoping that they will answer you. You will be put together with them and then you will regret and say had my tongue become dumb so that I would not have said what I said.

O Allah! Give us our right, and avenge those who have oppressed us; and send your anger upon those that spilled our blood and killed our protectors

By Allah! O Yazid, by killing 'Husayn you have not torn but your own skin and you have not cut but your own flesh. You will be brought to the Prophet with the crimes of spilling the blood of his children and humiliating his family.

"The oppressors will know when the time changes [against them].**

http://www.convertstoislam.com/Karbala/speech.html

**laanat on Yazid and those amongst his progeny who still to this day uphold his distorted and very much twisted views..May Allah SWT banish them to the deepest valleys of hell and strengthen further the imaan of those who wish to seek enlightenment by taking to the one true path ameen elahi ameen**

(salam) ,MashAllah . Thanks alot for this wonderful addition ,May Allah and Ahl ul Bayt (as) bless u with its reward Ameen .......Wasalam .....

he said almost exactly the samething when his army pillaged Medina seeking revenge for uthman .....not that it was not appreciated by Imam Ali's supporters...just before siffin abdullah ibn budayl stood up and said how could muawiyah pledge allegiance to Ali when he had killed his uncle and brother in Badr....these ummayyads make me sick

he said almost exactly the samething when his army pillaged Medina seeking revenge for uthman .....not that it was not appreciated by Imam Ali's supporters...just before siffin abdullah ibn budayl stood up and said how could muawiyah pledge allegiance to Ali when he had killed his uncle and brother in Badr....these ummayyads make me sick

(salam) (bismillah)

I just have a question that has been quite confusing about this. There are alot of nasbis who love Yazid (LA). Can anyone explain why?

^ 2 reasons

they say that yazid had no knowledge of the actions of his subordinates( same excuse used by muawiyah) .....

or...rising against the caliph of time is a great sin...no matter what the reason( funny they do not apply that logic to Imam Ali's reign)....

Personally I think muawiyah was as bad as yazid....both were motivated by the same reasons ...yazid was less diplomatic than his father that is all

On 7/11/2006 at 0:33 AM, True Hussaini said:

“If my ancestors, who had been slain in the battle of Badr, would witness the way I have avenged their blood from Muhammad’s progeny, they would admire my deed immensely and would say, Bravo, Yazid! May not thy hands get benumbed, and it was nothing but an imperialistic design of the Hashimites, as neither a Divine Message ever came to Muhammad nor was there any Revelation (Wahi).”

Can anybody provide reference books for this comment where i can find this?

On 10/1/2017 at 1:45 AM, Messam RAza said:

Can anybody provide reference books for this comment where i can find this?

Salam. The quote above (in the OP) is from the book "Ali the Magnificent" and you can see it in Chapter 6 at the link below:

http://www.shiavault.com/books/ali-the-magnificent/ 

On 10/1/2017 at 2:09 AM, Hameedeh said:

Salam. The quote above (in the OP) is from the book "Ali the Magnificent" and you can see it in Chapter 6 at the link below:

http://www.shiavault.com/books/ali-the-magnificent/ 

Thanks. But this book is by Yousuf Lalljee (born 1912) another similar reference was at link https://www.al-islam.org/the-journey-of-tears-bashir-hassanali-rahim by Bashir hassanali rahim 1(approx. 866-1926)

These books have taken Tabari and Kitab al-Irshad By Shaikh Mufid which are the most old books of history to my knowledge.

This being in era ~224–310 AH and ~338AH respectively. Both have not recorded this particular statement. In fact to my surprise there are references like:

[Though there are many reference in both books for his mistreatment of Ahl e Baiyat and giving taunting remarks to Imam Ali ibn e Hussain A.S and Bibi Zainab S.A. when they were all presented in his court]

--According to Hufayn b. 'Abd al-Rahman-a mawla of Mu'awiyah b. Abi Sufyan: When the head of al-Husayn was brought to Yazid and put before him, I saw him weep and he said, "If there had been any kinship between Ibn Ziyad and al-Husayn , he would not have done this."-- Tabari Vol 19

[thought it is from mawla of muawiya b abi sufyan but this instance is copied in Tabari so shoud be somewhat authentic]

In Kitab Al Irshad

[‘Abd Allāh b. Rabī‘a al-Ḥimyarī reported:]

Yazīd looked down for a time, then he raised his head and said: “I would have been satisfied with your obedience (to my orders) without this killing of al- Ḥusayn, peace be on him. If it had been me who had accompanied him, I would

have let him off (such a fate).”

Now these may be to deceive commoners or he for instance regretted what have i done. However, from other references it seems that either he had momentary breakdown or in my opinion he wanted to cover his heinous acts.  Wallah Alim

But this particular remark "avenging of Badr " is not present in both of these.

Now there rises two critical questions that i am trying to get answers for my sake.

1. Is it possible that yazid had momentary regretted as it is well known he used to be unpredictable owing to being drunk most of the time?

2. Our zakir just to prove how wicked Yazeed LA have attributed some times say things in musaeb that is not acceptable like “Bibi Sughra S.A khulay bal daikh kar Hussain A.S ro pray, or kaha k tumhara naam aseeran e sham main nahi hai” I don’t believe for one second that entity of such ismat and pureness will do such a thing i.e intentionally uncovering her head. So may  be someone just said it, another accepted it and it has been passed along the history.

or third which i would very much like this to be true that i can find this in any other old history book. May Allah guide us all.

-- I am trying to find “Wasilaal Najat” or “Wasila al Naja” by Aytollah  Isfahani if any one has available soft form or link do reply in "Ali the Magnificent" for this statement a reference to  his book is given. If i can find this in book by Aytollah then for me there will be no doubt left. --

May  Allah guide us all !

Mushkilain Sari ho jaain hal, YA QAEM A.S ALAJL ALAJAL

2 hours ago, Messam RAza said:

I am trying to find “Wasilaal Najat” or “Wasila al Naja” by Aytollah  Isfahani

Salam. Here are a few links. You can see for yourself if one of these is by Ayatollah Isfahani RA. 

Waselatul Najat
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.490335 

Wasilatul Najat
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.376673 

Wasilat-un-najat
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.484843 

Wasilat-un-najat
https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.344147 

Wasilat al-najat
https://archive.org/details/wasilatalnajat00muam