* * * * * 1 votes

Who can wear aqiq and feroza rings?

88 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_oooAliooo_*

Guest_oooAliooo_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2002 - 02:55 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid14]Salaam

Is it true that only certain people can wear aqiq and feroza rings? Like the ring that's most beneficial for a person to wear is determined based on his name and the position of the stars. So if a person is not fit to wear a certain ring like feroza and he wears it anyways, it can bring hardship and/or calamity upon him. My mother, who informed me about it, read this in a book written by a Shi'ah author (I don't know if the author was a mollah or not).

#2 Hajar

Hajar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 02:55 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salaam alaikum,

It's recommended for everyone to wear them, so I think that book was wrong.

#3 Zuljenah

Zuljenah

*It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.*

• Advanced Members
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 08:44 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Asalaamu Alaikum

I have been trying to find a duran-Najaf ring (I hope I spelled that right).

Does anyone know of a place where I can order one online??? Because I have no relatives in Iraq or Iran that could get it for me (since I am Pakistani :( )... So any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Salaam

*Sarah*

#4 Dhulfiqar

Dhulfiqar

• Advanced Members
  • 8,978 posts
  • Interests:Interest? Isn't that haram? =)

Posted 31 July 2002 - 09:13 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]You have to be careful many of rings sold are fake.

Wa Salaam,
Dhulfiqar

#5 optikalfilter

optikalfilter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 09:42 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Asalaam Alaikum,

So where EXACTLY do you get a real one from?

wa'salaam

#6 Baatil Ka Kaatil

Baatil Ka Kaatil

R.I.P Syed Ali Naqi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,661 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:06 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salaamalaikum,

A certain amount of knowledge is required in this field if you want real ones.

You can mostly tell the difference between the price, or you can use other methods such as tapping it on your teeth etc.

I wear Aqeeq-e-Solaymaani [i:post_uid0] i think thats what its called[/i:post_uid0], and it is supposed to be the ring which Imam Ali AS gave to the begger while he was in Rukuh :).

I could tell it was real by the price really :P, but with this particular ring, it has a density which is not found in others such as firoza etc.

I also got another ring which my brother got from Meccah. Its silver and has the name of Mohammed SAW engraved on it, along with some numbers all in arabic. It isn't like normal rings. Its just like plain and my brother told me that it was supposed to be bring in money through honest deeds.

Allah Knows Best.

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

#7 Dhulfiqar

Dhulfiqar

• Advanced Members
  • 8,978 posts
  • Interests:Interest? Isn't that haram? =)

Posted 04 August 2002 - 10:45 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Well when shopping for rings make sure the underside of the ring is open (not closed off) so that you can see the stone. This is required so the actual stone will touch your skin -- causing the reaction.

My father has a real fly feroza given to him by the Late Ayatollah Mahlati.

Many fake stones are made of plastic. One of the ways to examine it by looking carefully to see if there are any air bubbles. But the best way is to take it to a jewelers or buy from a reputable place.

Wa Salaam,
Dhulfiqar

#8 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 09:59 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salam o Alekum,

In the book "Spiritual Journey of the Mystics
(Suluk-i Arifan)", Haj Mirza Javad Agha Maliki Tabrizi (r.a.) writes:

6.5.13. [b:post_uid0]Having a Ring in the Hand[/b:post_uid0]

Another etiquette of prayer is to put a ring of Turquoise (Firozeh) Red-chalcedony (Aqiq) in the fingers; it has been reported that Allah (the Glorious, the Exalted) has said:

"[b:post_uid0]I feel ashamed to reject the supplication of a supplicant having a ring of Turquoise or Red Chalcedony upon his fingers[/b:post_uid0]."

Also Imam al-Sadiq [a] has narrated:

"[b:post_uid0]A hand with a Turquoise or Red-chalcedony ring raised in prayer is dearer before Allah than any other hand.[/b:post_uid0]"

http://www.al-islam.org/suluk/

===============

Does anyone know the importance if "Hirz e Jawad" (as)? Note that you can also get it inside a ring.

Also which finger and which hands should the rings be worn. Say if someone has Aqiq in the 4th Right hand finger, can he/she wear Firoza in the 5th (small) finger of the same hand?

Khuda Hafiz.

Edited By Orion on 1030892495

#9 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:04 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid1]Salaam

I have been trying to find a duran-Najaf ring (I hope I spelled that right).

Does anyone know of a place where I can order one online??? Because I have no relatives in Iraq or Iran that could get it for me (since I am Pakistani  )... So any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sis. Zuljenah, you can find those in Pakistan too.  My father had a couple of dur-e-najaf rings made from a Shi'ah imambargah in Pakistan.  Go to the imambargah in someplace like Rizvia.

You also have to give sadqah before wearing it (or any ring such as aqiq or feroza).

#10 shiaboy83

shiaboy83

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 11:31 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]salaam,

can wearing a ring honestly make any difference to a persons life whatsoever?  Surely prayers and good deeds are the answer, as opposed to wearing ornaments which seems somewhat superstitious and their merits dubious.

If a person prays the required 17 rakaats a day (and possibly even additional ones), fasts 30 days a year, pays zakat and khums, reads the Quran and goes for Haj - what more could he possibly need?

#11 Baatil Ka Kaatil

Baatil Ka Kaatil

R.I.P Syed Ali Naqi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,661 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 03:20 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salaamalaikum,

The pleasure of Allah SWT?

By doing what you have mentioned we do please Allah SWT. Rasool SAW was the best of creation and we are doing his Sunnah. Don't you think that counts for anything?

Like a beard, it is a Sunnah to wear the mentioned rings, nothing more.

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

#12 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 01:35 PM

[quote][color=#000000:post_uid0]If a person prays the required 17 rakaats a day (and possibly even additional ones), fasts 30 days a year, pays zakat and khums, reads the Quran and goes for Haj - what more could he possibly need?

#13 Ya Mahdi Adrekni

Ya Mahdi Adrekni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Everything !good <br>íÇ ÍÌÉ Èä ÇáÍÓä ÇáÚÓßÑí¡ÚÌá Úáí ÙåæÑß<br><br> åãå åÓÊ ÂÑÒæíã ßå ÈÈíäã ÇÒ Êæ Ñæíí<br>å ÒíÇä Êæ ÑÇ ßå ãä åã ÈÑÓã Èå ÂÑÒæíí<br> <br>

Posted 12 September 2002 - 02:25 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Bissmillah
salaam alykum
i heard if u wear aqiq in ur right hand da "finger ring" obviously has lotsa thawab...but i dunno bout firozeh
do u hafata wear it on da same finger n hand ?

#14 sag_IMAM-REZA

sag_IMAM-REZA

ShiaChat Secret Agent

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 12 September 2002 - 09:38 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]salam
this is the first i have heard of this and i am shockd :o  
if its real then i want 1,

if you could tell me more so i can beg my uncle to send me one,

i mean what do i say, ferozeh? is there more than 1 kind?, whats the best kind? what finger do you wear it on?
salam

#15 Ya Mahdi Adrekni

Ya Mahdi Adrekni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Everything !good <br>íÇ ÍÌÉ Èä ÇáÍÓä ÇáÚÓßÑí¡ÚÌá Úáí ÙåæÑß<br><br> åãå åÓÊ ÂÑÒæíã ßå ÈÈíäã ÇÒ Êæ Ñæíí<br>å ÒíÇä Êæ ÑÇ ßå ãä åã ÈÑÓã Èå ÂÑÒæíí<br> <br>

Posted 12 September 2002 - 09:46 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]do men wear ferozeh too? i thought they only wear aqiq lol..but i think if ur wearin firozeh im not sure tho u shud wear on ur finger ring right hand ...da hand does matter...i read ir somewhere in a hadith. illlllll find it inshallah n il post it.

#16 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 10:38 AM

Some traditions on wearing rings from the book "Tahdhib ul Islam":

-------------------------------------------------------------
Another tradition states that Imam Ali (A.S.) used to wear four rings on his hand - one of ruby (Yaqut) for beauty and dignity, the second of Turquoise (Firuza) for obtaining Divine help and victory, the third of Hadid Chini for strength and the fourth of Aqiq to protect himself against enemies and all types of misfortunes.

The metal of the ring should be made of silver.  It is makruk (and according to another tradition haraam for men) for both men and women to wear rings made out of iron, steel, or brass.  According to Imam Jaffer as-Sadiq (as), the Holy Prophet (as) used to wear a silver ring.

According to Imam Jaffer Sadiq (A.S.) the Holy Prophet (S.A.) used to wear the ring on the first finger of his right hand and has prohibited to wear it ont he middle finger.  The Imam (A.S.) further instructs that the ring should be worn at the lowest end of the finger, where it joins the palm.

Also the ring should be worn on the right hand, although some traditions do allow it to be worn on the left also.

AQIQ OR CORNELIAN

According to a reliable tradition from Imam Ali Riza (A.S.) wearing a ring set in which Aqiq not only drives away poverty but also removes ill-feelings and dissolves differences from the hearts.  According to Imam Jaffer as-Sadiq (A.S.) this stone ensures one's safety if worn during traveling.

Another tradition states that praying 2 rakats namaaz while wearing an Aqiq ring is better than praying a thousand rakats without it.

Other traditions state that there are mountains of red, yellow, and white aqiq in Heaven.  These mountains shade the palaces of the Holy Prophet (as), Bibi Fatimah (as), and Imam Ali (as) and are forever praising and glorifying Allah.  This stone also had affirmed the Oneness of Allah, the Prophethood of Muhammad, the vicegerency of Ali and paradise for the friends and Shi'ahs of Ali (as).  A person wearing any one of these aqiqs he will derive its benefits, his sustenance (rizq) will be increased, and he will be protected from dangers, disasters, misfortunes, and accidents.  It will also be a protection for him in frightening and terrifying circumstances, like facing the oppression of a tyrant.

FEROZA (TURQUOISE) AND JAZ-E-YAMANI

According to Imam Jaffer Sadiq (A.S.) a person who wears a ring set with turquoise (Firuza) will never become dependent on others.

According to the Holy Prophet (S.A.) if a person prays to Allah while wearing rings set in with Firuza (turquoise) and Aqiq (cornelian), Allah does not turn the prayers down unanswered.

In another tradition, Imam Musa Kazim (as) says the feroza stone was brought by Jibrail (as) as a gift from heaven to the Holy Prophet (as).  The Prophet had passed it to Ali (as) and it had come down to him through his Holy line of ancestors.

YAQUT (RUBY), ZABERJAD (JADE), AND ZAMARRUD (EMERALD)

According to 3 reliable traditions from Imam Ali Riza (A.S.) wearing a ring of yaqut (ruby) drives away anxieties and worries.  According to Imam Musa Kazim (A.S.) it solves problems and eases difficulties and hardships.

DURR E NAJAF, BILLORE HADID CHINI & OTHER STONES

According to a reliable tradition, Mufazzal ibna Umar visisted Imam Jaffer Sadiq (A.S.) one day while wearign a ring set in whith Durr-e-Najaf.  On seeing the ring the Imam addressed Mufazzal and said that the very sight of this ring [Durr-e-Najaf makes hte heart of all Muslim beleivers, whether male or female happy and it cures pain in their eyes.  The Imam continued that he would like every faithful to have five rings on his hand - the first of Yaqut (ruby) as it is the best of gems, the second of Aqiq as this stone has sincere love for Allah and the Ahl ul Bayt, the third ring should be of Firuza (turquoise) as it gives strength and light to the eyes, expands one's wisdom and outlook, and strengthens the heart.  Whenever a faithful sets out for a definite purpose with a turquoise ring on his hand, he always accomplishes his purpose.  Fourthly he should possess a ring set in with Hadid Chini, but it should not be worn constantly.  It should be worn for self-protection when confronting a tyrant or oppressor of whose wickedness one if afraid of.  it is also advisable to possess this stone as it wards off the devil.  And the fifth ring should be of that particular stone (Durre Najaf) which is found only in the land of Najaf.  When a person glances towards his ring n Durr-e-Najaf on his hands, he receives the reward for Ziyarat, Hajj and Umrah for every glance, and it is included in his record of actions.  This rewards is equal to the reward of Prophets and pious people.  Had Allah not been merciful towards the Shias, He would have made Durr e Najaf a rare gem so that each stone of it would have been costly, but Allah had made this stone easily available so that both the rich and the poor could wear and benefit from it.

There's also several traditions regarding engravings on the rings, which I'll post if anyone wants.

#17 sag_IMAM-REZA

sag_IMAM-REZA

ShiaChat Secret Agent

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 12:47 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]brother thank you and please do.

#18 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 02:41 PM

Syed Ibna Taoos (R.A.) relates that a person once went to Imam Jaa'-far Sadiq (A.S.) in aprehension and confided to the Imam that his enemies had poisoned the ears of the ruler of Jazeera against him, and so he feared that the ruler might kill him.  The Imam instructed him to make and wear a ring set in with a thick stone of Hadid Chini, on one side of which the following 3 phrases should be engraved:

A-O'OD'U BI JALAALILLAAHI
A-O'OD'U BIKALIMAATILLAAHI
A-O'OD'U BIRASOOLILLAAHI

[I seek the refuge of the Almightyness of Allah]
[I seek the refuge of the words of Allah]
[I seek the refuge of the Prophet of Alllah]

At the back of the ring, the following 2 lines should be engraved:

i) AAMANTU BILLAAHI WA KUTUBIHEE
ii) INEE WAATHIQUN BILLAAHI WA RASOOLIHEE

i) [I believe in Allah and His Books]
ii) [Verily I rely on Allah and His Prophet]

Furthermore, on all the four corners of the gem, the following should be engraved:

ASH-HADU AN LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAHU MUKHLIS'AN
[I sincerely testify that there is no god except Allah]

The Imam further said that by wearing this ring all his difficulties will be solved, especially he will not be afraid of the wicked and the oppressor.  Furthermore, if this ring is tied, women will have an easy delivery and it will protect them from being affected by any evil eye.  It is important to protect this gem.  It should be kept away from dirt and should be removed before visiting the bathrom or toilet as it contains the secrets of Allah.  Shias who are afraid of being harmed by their enemies should concel this ring from the enemies and guard it with their lives, revealing it only to those who are reliable.  According to the narrator his experience proved the Imam to be true.

ENGRAVINGS ON THE RINGS OF THE PROPHETS AND THE IMAMS

i) According to Imam Riza (A.S.), the Naqsh (engraving) on the gem of Prophet Adam's ring was:

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAHU MUH'AMMADUN RASOOLULLAAH
[There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah]

ii) The engraving on the Holy Prophet's ring was also the same as above.

iii) The engraving on Imam Ali's ring was:

LILLAAHIL MULKU
[Rulership is for Allah]

iv) The engraving on Imam Hasan's ring was:

AL I'ZZATU LILLAAHI
[Verily, All honour belongs (only) to Allah]

v) The engraving on Imam Husayn's ring was:

INNALLAAHA BAALIGHU AMIRHEE
[Verily, Allah accomplishes His purpose]

vi) The ring worn by Imam Alu ibnul Husayn (A.S.) and Imam Muhammad Baqir (A.S.) was the same one that belonged to Imam Husayn (A.S.)

vii) The engraving on the ring of Imam Jaa'far Sadiq (A.S.) was:

ALLAAHU WALIYYEE WA I'S'MATEE MIN KHALQIHEE
[Allah is my Master and my Protector from His creatures]

viii) The engraving on the ring of Imam Musa Kazim (A.S.) was:

H'ASBIYALLAAHU
[Allah is sufficient for me]

After speaking of the engravings on the rings of his Holy ancestors, Imam Ali Riza (A.S.) put forward his hand to show his ring, which had been passed down to him from his father Imam Musa Kazim (A.S.)

#19 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 13 September 2002 - 03:14 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Thank you brother Ali786. Your posts are very informative. Jazak Allah Kharn.

Now I have to find all those rings. :) Do you know anything about "Hirz e Imam Jawad (as)"?

Khuda Hafiz.

Edited By Orion on 1031948142

#20 Zuljenah

Zuljenah

*It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.*

• Advanced Members
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 09:50 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Asalaamu Alaikum

as someone mentioned earlier... Aqiq is Red Chalcedony, right?

So if I were to get a red chalcedony ring here from some American nonMuslim store... would that still be ok?? As long as it is genuine?

I haven't been to Pakistan in 13 years :cry: and I don't know if I'll get the chance to go anytime soon... although I do have relatives always coming and going, so maybe I could ask them...!

Anyway, Thanks :)

Take care... Salaam

~Sarah~

#21 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 10:21 AM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]

as someone mentioned earlier... Aqiq is Red Chalcedony, right?

Salam o Alekum,

From what I understand 'Aqiq' is [b:post_uid0]Cornelian[/b:post_uid0] or Red Chalcedony.

Edited By Orion on 1032018040

#22 sag_IMAM-REZA

sag_IMAM-REZA

ShiaChat Secret Agent

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 01:56 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]

Now I have to find all those rings

bad news, my mom tells me some of those can cost upto $10,000  :(  we can start small and make our way up INSHAALLAH.
bro Ali, does it matter if some of them arent top quality but still real?
ws

#23 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 06:51 PM

Bro. sag_IMAM-REZA, rings are generally pretty cheap.  Like that hadees Allah made Durr-e-Najaf stone abundant so both rich and poor could afford to wear them.  The main thing is to make sure the stone of the ring is real.  Even in Kerbala people are selling fakes.

#24 HR

HR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 06:32 PM

Salam,
nice thread.Bro ALi and Orion that was informative.What's the logic behind the wearing of this ring.I know the stone should touch ur skin but how does that help? There are several hadith as Bro ALi786 posted but its always good to know the reason behind everything cuz unlike the other sects we are allowed to ask logic about the laws or practices.
Looking for ur replies.
N as Sis Hajar said, we can wear any stone we like? I mean there is nothing such as suitability right? :donno:
Btw this search option is so tough.I couldn't get a thread about it.I don't how bro abbas 786 got it n gave me the link. :)

kh

#25 Renaissance_Man

Renaissance_Man

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 10:32 AM

(bismillah)

(salam)

What's the logic behind the wearing of this ring.

Pleasure of Allah, blessings, and sawab. Some of us need all the sawab we can get.

I know the stone should touch ur skin but how does that help?

Probably because the benefit lies in the stone so if the metal band of the ring is touching you, and not the stone itself, you won't get the affect.

N as Sis Hajar said, we can wear any stone we like? I mean there is nothing such as suitability right?

That's what I thought but I overheard a mollah saying that he doesn't wear feroza because "its not good for him." Perhaps it means that not all rings are suitable for everyone. :donno:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users