Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMILIANOS

Shia in China

Rate this topic

(salam)

^He doesn't live in China, he lives in Australia. He just went to China to give lectures. Although, I can ask him for the name of the place where the shia community was.

wasalaam

Salaam Aleikum...

...Goodness gracious! I just googled the phrase 'Muslims in China' and came up with a very fascinating wikipedia article, stating:

Sources, including the BBC, suggest that there may be as many as 20 million Muslims in China, up to 2 percent of the country's 1.3 billion population. Other sources suggest Muslims in China may number up to 40 million, with new rumors saying there are 10 million more hiding. Many believe there are over 100 million Muslims in China. This is based on the census undertaken by the Kuomintang in the 1940's which placed the figure at 45 million. In addition the China year book of 1950 placed the number at 50 million. The figure of 100 million is derived from the population of China doubling since 1950.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_China

That's definitely greater than I had expected Mash'Allah. :)

For the brother soon visiting China, the bottom of the Wikipedia article lists links to some famous/historical mosques there.

* Huajue Mosque in Xi'an

* Dongsi Mosque in Beijing

* Huaisheng Mosque in Guangzhou

* Id Kah Mosque in Kashgar

* Niujie Mosque in Beijing

* Songjiang Mosque in Shanghai

* Najiahu Mosque in Yinchuan

Hope that helped... Thanks for asking the question as it increased my knowledge as well! ^_^

Khuda Hafiz

Salaam Aleikum...

Terribly sorry, you're right- I feel really silly right now! ^_^ I assuredly read every 'Shia' on this message board but I guess didn't really comprehend it... I knew there was something wrong with my logic, but having gone about a day without sleep I couldn't figure out what.

Sorry for the mistake!

As far as Shias are concerned, which I now googled properly... Doesn't look too promising, unfortunately... However, I do remember hearing last Muharram that at least one maulana had gone to China to read majalises. :)

I hope somebody finds something solid- I'm sleepily intrigued myself. :)

Khuda Hafiz!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• New poll is up on the homepage! Or use this link: Poll #11
    • Ok, let me ask you this: Is this the kind of Quran alone where we forsake hadith entirely or are you telling us that we should accept hadiths that only supported by the Quran? Because we can all agree that the Quran is the ultimate hadith, alhamdullilah. If it is the latter, I have no problem with it, I try to uphold that principle myself but it is the former that I take issue with. Because you are only stripping away the history but also the context of the Quran and it's message.
    • Is it ok to work on a political campaign for a politician whose views you mostly agree with, except of course the LGBT factor and of course abortion? Engaging politically is one of the best ways to make an impact, the problem is the people us muslims identify with more in the West tend to be on the left-side of the spectrum, and there have been movements to reform the democratic party so that you can weed out the corporatist stooges and the people that bow to special interests and get people who represent the people more. These tend to be mostly progressives, a lot of whom are atheists but believe in humanistic principles. Would it be ok to campaign for them in some way or another even if there are issues you don't necessarily agree with them on for religious reasons? 
    • I need strong coffee in the morning.  To get my heart started.
    • Fake News Alert l just watched Geo. W. Bush's complete speech on C-Span. Quo Vide. The parts shown on Nutwork news are at the beginning at the closing comment. The beginning welcomed the Clinton group, Madeline Albright, Condi Rice and people from repressive regimes. The part at the beginning about the uncivilized nature of current American politics can be applied to a lot of people, not just to Democrats and Republicans. There was nothing l heard about "blood and soil" and other fascist elements, anything that could be applied to Trump except from the Diatribes of Radical Democrats assumptions and assertions. l recommend watching it if for no other reason that this was one of Bush 43's better talks. OPINE: Lying Nutworks and Misleading Media.     "Stop the Lies"