Ya Aba 3abdillah

Jewelry. - What do you wear?

Rate this topic

Salam,

As usual bro ya aba abdillah has a way with words..lol  

so, do the sisters wear a whole heap of gold bangles that rattle like a cat chain when ever u move around? lol

Well I have that same ring with the star on it toooo..Its my favorite ring thats all i wear. I got all the other gold too but i don't like to wear any of it. And i love to wear the ma'shalaa(Allah's name on the gold) but i was told that u have to always be on wudu for that if its up against your skin...so i try to avoid putting it on and i dont like to enter the bathroom with it on if i'm out in public areas.

Hmmm..i was wondering i had this discussion with someone before and ofcourse he was nooooo help...lol. Sowwy u know i still luv ya  ;)

Well since i got that ring that i always wear... i never wear my wedding ring anymore...i don't know i feel its too flashy...no its not like 10 karat ring or anything but i just don't feel comfortable wearing it. And i was wondering if any of you felt the same way???

And for the bros out there would it make u mad if you spent a few g's on her ring and she never wore it anymore?????

Edited By ya imam mehdi on 1030596534

I dont like that...Unfortunately here i saw it (the eye)with so many muslims, subhan Allah...I always feel, they dont trust enough in Allah Taala, so "sure what is sure"...Awwww, i hate such! I just wanted to break it and saying, so what now, i broke ur iman or ur deen or what?

Quran says, Allah is more closer to us than our heart so indeed closer than this "eye" on the wall or something...Masha Allah...

Hello,

I don't think its right to jump to such conclusions about people and why they wear "the eye".  Sometimes people wear it for adornment, you know, just because they think its pretty ... there's nothing wrong with that.  A person can have a great deal of faith in God, but that doesn't make him/her a heathen for wearing some sort of pendant that has a superstitious background.

I just felt I needed to stand up for those who wear "the eye" ... mostly because I wear it too.

-Yasmin

:D

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I don't think its right to jump to such conclusions about people and why they wear "the eye".  Sometimes people wear it for adornment, you know, just because they think its pretty ...

You are right it's not right to jump to conclusions.  However sis Noora is correct too, a lot of people wear them for superstitious reasons, and not just because it looks pretty.  I question whether superstitious stories have nothing to do with wanting to get one of those things and wearing them.  But again it still doesn't make it bad to wear something superstitious I guess....because God has created many things....but ultimately protection only can come from seeking refuge with God.

Salam.

I have a black chain with the Sword of Ali (as) made out of stainless steel, a small double sword and face of Ali (as) also stainless steel, a couple hands of Fatima (as) (dont always wear them), a silver Allah (Swt) necklace, a copper Crescent Moon, a steel ring, I was married before I became Muslim so the only Gold I have is a white gold Claddagh ring was told its ok to wear because it's my culture and I did not know when I got it. I wear my jewlery mostly as a symbol of faith I don't believe in magic or the evil eye nor do I think they can bless me in any way. 

Do anyone knows what is the purpose of the silver ring, thin, plain silver ring? i saw one of my classmate wearing it but i didnt saw it very closely but it was thin and silver ring (challah)

7 hours ago, anamt said:

Do anyone knows what is the purpose of the silver ring, thin, plain silver ring? i saw one of my classmate wearing it but i didnt saw it very closely but it was thin and silver ring (challah)

He's marred.

There was this Aqeeq ring I used to wear all the time with this horrible purple beaded watch. I lost the (unfortunate) duo some time ago. 

I now just wear a simple swarovski necklace, gifted to me from a dear friend of mine, and a watch. 

On 28/08/2002 at 1:25 AM, Ya Aba 3abdillah said:

Ahlul bayt silver ring (the one with the ahlul bayt star on it and a du3a' is under it

so, do the sisters wear a whole heap of gold bangles that rattle like a cat 

Salaam

First part: what's that? 

Second part: no

I wear aqeeq, dur e Najaaf, feroz, yaqoot.

I also have the threads we touch the zaris with in ziyarat. 

On 8/29/2002 at 1:17 PM, The Canuck said:

You are right it's not right to jump to conclusions.  However sis Noora is correct too, a lot of people wear them for superstitious reasons, and not just because it looks pretty.  I question whether superstitious stories have nothing to do with wanting to get one of those things and wearing them.  But again it still doesn't make it bad to wear something superstitious I guess....because God has created many things....but ultimately protection only can come from seeking refuge with God.

Salam.

It does not look pretty. They freak me out. Wear an aqeeq and call it a day please!