Ya Aba 3abdillah

Jewelry. - What do you wear?

Rate this topic

Salamz

The other day i was cleaning my ahlul bayt silver ring (the one with the ahlul bayt star on it and a du3a' is under it) and i was wondering what jewelry others wear?

Sometimes i have my thick silver neclase with a big seff imam ali(as) on it, i use it to scare people...lolol

i have a smaller neclase with arzeh (lebanons national tree icon)

those i don't always wear. the one i always wear is a little neclase with a silver Allah and ayat il kirseh.

i got a couple najafy stone rings too with du3a's underneath them, i got them from an iranian expo that was in beirut. wow, they got some nice stuff.

so, do the sisters wear a whole heap of gold bangles that rattle like a cat chain when ever u move around? lol

wassalamz

Salam

Hmm I dont really wear jewelry , but i do wear a 24kt Gold Chain that sais Allah on it ..... i havent worn it for a long time . I wonder why ?  :uhh:  :uhh: .

Ime not much of a jewelry person , i find them a waste of money .

Wa Salam

Salam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters,

it is well known that wearing a ring in your right hand is very good for men, i dont know about women.

i know that wearing gold for men is haram.

In the book called :" Spiritual Journey of the Mystics" by Haj Mirza Jawad Agha Mailki Tabrizi(r.a) he mentions the following : - It has been reported that Allah(swt) has said : ( i feel ashamed to reject the supplication of a suppliant having a ring of Turquoise or Red Chalcedony upon his fingers "

i thought maybe some brothers would be interested in this Holy saying, it can be found on page 94 of the book mentioned above.

as for me, i wear a ring but its neither Turquoise or Red Chalcedony, its another Gem which my father bought from Haj, i begged him for a while to have it hehehe

ok salam all

Salam :)

For the past 5 years, I havent ever been seen without my silver rng which says "Allah" on it and my necklace of Imam Ali (as)'s sword.

No matter where I am, I always have those 2 on :)

In His Name the Most High

وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانتَهُوا وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ

and whatever the Messenger gives you, accept it, and from whatever he forbids you, keep back, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is severe in retributing (evil): Hashr59:7

First and foremost as stated earlier gold is absolutely forbidden for man to wear. As for women jewellery should not be shown

وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاء بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاء بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوِ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُوْلِي الْإِرْبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ أَوِ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَى عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاء وَلَا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِن زِينَتِهِنَّ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known; and turn to Allah all of you, O believers! so that you may be successful.NOOR24:31(FOR A DEEPER TRANSLATION FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME)

Imam Al-Askari (as) says : that one of the five signs of Piety is to wear a ring in your right hand.

Salaamalaikum,

I wear a sharp- like sort of dagger which says Ya Ali Madad on it. It is made out of metal, not silver or gold i know that much :P.

I also wear this hand which represents the Punjetan Paak. It has the words Ya Ghazi Abbas Alamdar in the centre and it is made out of very thin silver.

I wear two Zulfiqaars aswell :). One my friends mum brought from Najaf for me and one i brought from London, all silver.

Well, i wear three rings most of the time. Recently i've given one to my father so i say only two :P.

One is Aqeeq-e-Solemaani and the other is a really nice purple stone which i have no clue about :P.

Wa'salaam

Asad Ali.

Salam Alaykum Brothers and Sisters,

regarding gold for it is haram for men to wear....

now these days we hear about white gold...in fact white gold can be made out of 2 materials (metals)...it can either be the goldwe usually see and know but only this time it has been given a new colour....or it can be made out of Platene ( i dont know if thats what its called in english, but i know its Plateen in Arabic :) ).....

now if its really Gold, yes its still haram, its just like saying blue wine, well its still wine eventhough it doesn't look like it :D

if it were Plateen, well there is nothing wrong with it as i know

DO NOT take my word for this but According to Sayed Ali Seestani, white gold is OK for men, this is what i have heard from my friend that performs taqleed to him....inshallah maybe you would like to search up upon that to make sure....

Salam for now :D

Salam alaikum,

I have read in hadiths that gold is bad to wear for men and women.

Salaam alaikum,

I wear jewelry all the time.  The ones I wear most are the things my husband gave me when we got married.

Salams...

Hmmm, here's the list of what i always wear :D

-a necklace (either silver or Gold) The silver one would be the saif of Imam Ali or One with the name of Allah. The gold one would be a heart.

-a silver bracelet(gift from my two best friends) with my name engraved in it.

-Two rings (gold or silver) For protection   ;)

-And finally a gold ankle bracelet.

Yeah, i know, i am a jewellery freak, but i like mostly those very classic styles with cute designs. Not to worry, most of them hardly show, except for my two rings :)

Ime not much of a jewelry person , i find them a waste of money .

Actually sister, buying gold is not a waste of money. Sure they are expensive, but i know that most people would  buy gold rather than saving money. It's another way of ''saving'', like when ever u would need the money, u can always sell back what u have purchased.

Anyways, everyone has their own way of saving :)

Edited By Heaven on 1030551317

Hello,

I actually don't wear bangles ... but only because the sound they make is a nuissance during classes.  What I do wear is:

- an eye (out of gold and fairooz) and a gold chain, which is always showing ... freaks the daylights out of people, they think the eye follows them around and moves

-Ayat el Koorsee (silver) which I don't show

-fairooz sibha which (these days) I keep around my wrist ... so I guess its like a bracelet

All that fairooz ... I'm a little bit superstitious.  I used to wear a lot of silver bracelets but it got tedious ... its hard to want to wear anything at six in the morning!

-Yasmin

:D

Salam,

I used to weir Seif Imam Ali, but then one day i was playing football with friends, and it fell off, and i lost it  :cry:

Right now i am looking for one, but none of them of which i like, either too big, or not cut properly, I hope i might get one soon from arabic countries.

Bro Kumail, would Plateen be platinum? And I've heard that Platinum is Halal for men to wear, even though its so expensive  :D

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

You need to quit reading the sunni hadiths. LOL  Gold is halal for women to wear.  We even have hadiths that say a woman should have at least one necklace.

Well in sunni hadith it says worse than just "bad" for a woman and man to wear gold.  It says that where ever you wear gold, you will be wearing it on the day of judgement except that it would be fire.  Also, if you used a gold cup to drink something, you will be having fire go into your stomach, fire of hell.  I actually did read also in a shia hadith book, but it's not online, it was a book that I got from a friend.  I can't remember the exact words, but I just remember that it said wearing gold is bad for both men and women.

I think it's ridiculous to say women [i:post_uid0]should wear at least one necklace[/i:post_uid0]..doesn't that kind of sound odd? it is recommended to wear at least one piece of gold? why? lol

I think jewellery is materialistic things, but I'm not saying it's bad to wear it.  Those were just hadiths that I read, not my own opinion.  But I also have read hadiths about gold jewellery being sold and traded, which kind of doesn't make sense if wearing them is bad, why sell and trade it? lol

What is this thing about the 'eye' I always keep hearing? What's the eye??

if it looked at me I'd smack it lol

Salam

Salam...

Some people believe that the ''eye'' will protect you from evil, such as hasad or envy. It's mostly superstitions, which i think people shouldn't believe in. I mean why would you think that an eye would protect you instead of Allah(swt)?

Ehm, i must admit though, that i used to wear one, but never really believed in them, they just look good  :D

Salamaleykom

I have to agree,it is a waste really... The money could be used for so much more good then hanging around your neck.I have never actually bought a piece of jewelry for my own money.What I have is gifts from my husband.When I do wear some of it( 2 neclases and 3 rings is what I have),I prefer my golden kaaba' neclase,but occasionally I would wear my neclase with a map of Iraq hanging on it.The rings I dont wear...

Instead of bying me gold and clothes,I make my husband buy me books or save the money.Makes me feel a whole lot better...

Feemallah

Salamaleykom

I have a question for you guys.It is on behalf of my bro-in-law...

He doesnt wear gold,it is haram.But does anyone know if it is haram to wear golden colored jewelry for men?

It looks like gold,but it isnt...

Feemallah

Salam alaikum,

That's a good question....in my opinion I don't think the colour gold matters......because there are many things that could be golden coloured....and to say that the colour gold is sinful....is a bit awkward.  I think the hadiths were pertaining to the actual material gold, because gold was something materialistic....thought to be very valuable, a sign of greed.  Gold maybe gave some people pride too.  So I think that's why when the prophet (saw) saw these things, he was warning about the bad influences that gold can give, by making people materialistic, greedy or having pride in it.

By the way in sunni hadith it also said that if you drink something from a silver cup it's the same as gold cup, it's like drinking fire in the hell fire.  lol

salam

Salam,

I'm not much of a jewelry person either but sis Heaven we have something in common, I have two necklaces which i switch around and wear, one is a silver necklace with Allah on it and the other is a gold one with a heart that is silver and gold ;).

Aww cute... My heart necklace is also half silver half gold. I used to be more into silver jewelery but now i switched to gold, but never really ditched silver, so I'm compromising with the two  :P

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Cute off-topic as usual :)

I myself dont like too much jewellery but, na3m, i am a female, so i can be attracted, loool! I really like golden but i wear just one very thin necklace with a small medal written on it "Allah" bil3arabee, that is very nice and i remove it just in places where we should remove such things. Otherwise i always wear it.

Some people believe that the ''eye'' will protect you from evil, such as hasad or envy. It's mostly superstitions, which i think people shouldn't believe in. I mean why would you think that an eye would protect you instead of Allah(swt)?

3Ale Allah yatawakkalu-l-mutawakkiloon!

I dont like that...Unfortunately here i saw it with so many muslims, subhan Allah...I always feel, they dont trust enough in Allah Taala, so "sure what is sure"...Awwww, i hate such! I just wanted to break it and saying, so what now, i broke ur iman or ur deen or what?

Quran says, Allah is more closer to us than our heart so indeed closer than this "eye" on the wall or something...Masha Allah...

Imam al-Sajjad(as) sad:

[i:post_uid0]The value and worth of each deed depend upon piety; only pious people may achieve righteousness and prosperity. God-Almighty said: Verily righteousness and prosperity belong to pious people."

[/i:post_uid0]

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh