Sign in to follow this  
aqeel123

Does any Body know ?

(bismillah)

(salam) every one ... i asked a question earlier abt translation of salat .. and i m really thankful to the ppl who helped .. Now i have one more question if someone can help ....

The day of ashura ( shahadat of imam hussain ) according to Islamic calander is 10th Moharam ... does anyone know wat was the day according to english calender ... like today is May 22nd 2006 ... according to english year ... if anybody is still confused plzz ask question ..if anybody knows plzz reply :) i will be very thankful :)

Allah HAFFIZ

take care all.

i will really appritiate ur time :)

^ is that a guess?

(salam)

Its a very old topic am posting a reply again coz i havent got the satisfactory answer.

Again question it when did karbala happened according to english calender ?

Thankss

10th October 680?

Yeh, it is confirmed that Imam Hussain a.s was born in 4 Hijri. And at the time of His martydrom, He was 57 years of age. So if we convert 61 Hijri into Georgian calendar it roughly turns out to be 680/681

(salam)

Yeh, it is confirmed that Imam Hussain a.s was born in 4 Hijri. And at the time of His martydrom, He was 57 years of age. So if we convert 61 Hijri into Georgian calendar it roughly turns out to be 680/681

(salam)

Ok Thanks but am concerned more abt the date than year ..... I dun think its 10th october, i think it wud be sometime in summer ?

i thought it was 10 Oct 680 too.

It should be really close to that date, according to the algorithm used on www.najaf.org

footer of the page.

And October in Iraq is quite hot, temperatures easily top 25 C

I was searching this morning for the year, and then came across this topic.

i'm not sure how the algorithm was done, but the gregorian (solar) calendar has had a somewhat difficult history... for instance, there were some days that were "omitted" in 1752 that would throw off the calendar, and i am not sure what else, so it is not possible just to "count backwards" and find the matching date