9 replies to this topic

#1 kareema

kareema

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:29 PM

(salam)

Does anyone know any web sites where I could find special Shia poetry about martyrs and Ahlulbayt (as)? They are some kind of poetic stories about their life.

I don't know does this form of arts have some special name...

Does anyone know a poet called Al-Kumait? Where could I find that person's poems?

#2 Guest_Tair^El^Saff_*

Guest_Tair^El^Saff_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:41 PM

(salam)

Does anyone know any web sites where I could find special Shia poetry about martyrs and Ahlulbayt (as)? They are some kind of poetic stories about their life.

(salam)
If you are looking for arabic ones:

http://www.alshaer.net/

Does anyone know a poet called Al-Kumait? Where could I find that person's poems?

Abu Al Mustahal Al Kumait. Here is whole bio for him, in arabic, with some of his poems:
http://www.14masom.c...3/book21/13.htm

InshAllah you find them helpful.

Wa Salam

TairElSaff

Edited by Tair^El^Saff, 02 April 2006 - 04:42 PM.

#3 kareema

kareema

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:56 AM

(salam)

Can anyone tell more about the names (and definitions) of different types of poem in Shia Islam?

It would be good if you could recommend some sites with English text because the person who is looking for these things doesn't understand Arabic. No problem if the recitations are in Arabic but it's difficult to find the right link without understanding Arabic...

#4 Guest_Tair^El^Saff_*

Guest_Tair^El^Saff_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2006 - 10:17 AM

(salam)

Can anyone tell more about the names (and definitions) of different types of poem in Shia Islam?

The Arabic poetry in general includes three major schools:

1-The School of Classic Poetry: Uses very formal language in the description
2-The School of Romantic Poetry: Uses the nature to express the feelings
3-The School of Modern Poetry: discusses various topics in the community, It also includes the "Seryaly Poetry" which is the poetry that can be explained in many ways.

You can classify the Shia Poetry in two classes:

Hussyny: Madeh/Rathaa to Imam Ali(as), Imam Hussain(as) and his martyrdom, and the rest of the Imamas (as). Most of the Nohas, if not all, uses this kind of poetry.

Example:
حب آل النبي خالط قلبي *** كاختلاط الضيا بماء العيو

And you can find many examples that fall under this class in most of the Shia websites specially in the days of Muharam.

Political: Discusses: Oppression, Racism, Liberation, Revolution, etc..

Examples:

D'abel Al Khoza'ae said complaining that Imam Ali (a.s) wasn't the first Caliph:

ألم تر اني مذ ثلاثين حجة *** أروح وأغدو دائم الحسرات
أرى فيئهم في غيرهم متقسّما *** وأيديهم من فيئهم صفرات

Abdul Al Saheb Al Musawi the Iraqi famous poet said about racism:

لا طائفية، والاسلام يربطنا***من الاخاء بقربى تفضل النسبا
فالطائفية نار من يؤججها***لابد أن يغتدي يوماً لها حطبا

The Shia poetry has deep meanings considering the oppression that they faced since the days of the first caliph. Also the Modern School of poetry has broad examples from Iraq, Lebanon, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and wherever Shia resides. Because in all these countries the Shia have been oppressed. An Imprtant example of the Modern Shia poets is: Al Jawahiri (rahmatAllah Alih).

You will conclude that the Shia Poets could amazingly write poems in all the three Schools of Arabic poetry, explained earlier, depending on the topic they are writing on. In the time of the Abbasids there were a lot of great Shia poets like D'abel Al Khoza'ae the poet of Ahl Al Byt (A.S). Also, the time of ‘Hamadanies, many Shia poets have enlarged the library of Arabic poetry. For example: Al Mutanabi, Al Farazdaq, Abu Firas Al ‘Hamadani, and Al Saheb Bin Abbad.

I have written a religious+political poem about the bombing of the Shrine of Imam Hadi (A.S), can be found at:
http://www.shiachat....showtopic=79469

This is an example where you can mix between the two. Which happens some times in the Bahraini Poetry where they write Hussyny Poetry but the meaning behind it is political indeed. This happens in the times where the poet can’t express his feelings because of the lack of the democracy in the country he resides on. An example of the revolutionary Bahraini poetry is “Thawratun Nahno Men Al Adl’ay”. Where it talks about the revolution of Shekh Abd Al Amir Al Jamry, but not explicitly! The poet amazingly formed the poem about the Del’a of Sayeda Zahra (A.S) where he was referring to the Jamry Revolution.

Please note that I have made this classification according to my information, there could be another class of Shia Poetry, although I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to research.

InshAllah If I get to know anything I will let you know.

InshAllah this was helpful.
Wa Slam,
El Tair

#5 kareema

kareema

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:26 AM

(salam)

I found from Wikipedia this kind of definition:

Marsiya is an elegiac poem written to commemorate the martyrdom and valour of Hazrat Imam Hussain and his comrades of the Karbala. In its form the marsia generally consists of six-line units, with a rhyming quatrain, and a couplet on a different rhyme. This form found a specially congenial soil in Lucknow (a city in Northern India), chiefly because it was the centre of Shia Muslim community, which regarded it an act of piety and religious duty to eulogise and bemoan the martyrs of the battle of Karbala. The form reached its peak in the writing of Mir Babar Ali Anis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsiya

I don't understand what's the difference between Nauha, Marsiya etc. Are they just some different type of poetry or what?

How are they different from latmiyat? Sometimes I've listened to nauhas or marsiyas (only few times) and I don't understand the difference...

#6 Al-Haqeyr

Al-Haqeyr

íÇ ãåÏí

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:45 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

First of All i liked the way brother Tair^El^Saff explained it but in reality there are two schools of poems :blush:

1. Al She3er Al mawzoun

2. Al She3er Al Hadith

All the poems which follow Bo7or Al She3er and which are written 3amodeyan are called Al She3er Al 3amodi, Al She3er Al Qadim or Al She3er Al Mawzoun

example on Al she3er Al mawzoum (which can be about any topic)

هذا الرّسولُ وهذا منبرُ الأدبِ ** فجُدْ بِحرفِك مثلَ اللّؤلؤِ الـرطبِ
ولتجمَع الشّعرَ من عُليا عقائِله ** من كل قافيةٍ في منطق ذربِ
تَضوّع المسكُ حسنا من محاســنه ** وقد على هامة الجوزاء في الرتبِ
وفي القلوب اعتلى أولى منازلها **كـآية الحمد تُتلى أوّل الخــطبِ
الروح معجونة من نور خالقها ** قــــــداسة الله فيها أعــــظم النسبِ

in the last century Bader Shaker Al Sayab an Iraqi poet along with others started a new school which is called Al She3er Al Hadith ...

All the poems which dont follow bo7or Al she3er are classified as Al She3er Al Hadith. it can be Khwater etc..

example on Al She3er Al Hadith:

الإنـذار الأخير

يا أيُّها البَرامِكَهْ :
مَن وََضَعَ السِّتْرَ لَكُمْ
بِوُسْعهِ أن يَهتِكهْ .
وَمَن حَباكُمْ بِدَمٍ
مِن حَقِّهِ أن يَسفِكَهْ .
قد تَركَ الماضي لكم عَبْرَتـه
فلتأخُذوا العِبْرَةَ مِمّا تَركَهْ .
أَنـتمْ على الأرضِ ..
فكونوا بَشَراً
واشترِكوا في حُلْوِنا وَمرِّنا
وأشركونا مَعكُمْ في أَمْرِنا
مِن قَبل أن تضطَّركُمْ
سِياطُ أَمْرِ (الأَمْركَهْ)

one of the famous poets of Al she3er Al Hadith is as we mentioned Badir Shker Al sayab and Nizar Kabani the Syrian poet

Now to come to the different types of poems let it put Mawzoun or Hadith i think brother Tair^El^Saff explained it well and there is no need for me to talk about it again :)

Fie Aman Allah

#7 begnning

begnning

[..]I ma student from the lands of Khaki matti[..]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:" Things don't change people change( LiFe ChAnGeS )"

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:57 PM

This might be kinda childish and dummb but you can join Orkut.com with your gmail account and join all the communities about the ahlulbyat and everything ....imam ali imam hassan imam hussain and all the other imam's and you can get all you are looking for in the mail when people post them up..

sorry if this is illegal..

#8 shoaib

shoaib
  • Basic Members
  • 1 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

(salam)
If you are looking for arabic ones:

http://www.alshaer.net/

Abu Al Mustahal Al Kumait. Here is whole bio for him, in arabic, with some of his poems:
http://www.14masom.c...3/book21/13.htm

InshAllah you find them helpful.

Wa Salam

TairElSaff

sarbaland is the site of Saba Akbar Abadi who has written more than 72 long Marsiyas and his first book of marsiya was publish in 1936 under the title of Zikr-o-Fikar.
Famous Pakistani TV Artist Abid Ali and Talat Hussain has recited some of his marsiyas.
Tajdar Adil a poet and producer of Pakistan Television has also recited some of Saba Akbar Abadi Marsiyas.
Some Books of Saba Akbar Abadi are
1:SAR BA KAF
2. SHAADAT
3.KHONAAB
4.QIRTAS-E-ALAM
3.SARBALAND

(salam)

I don't know does this form of arts have some special name...

sarbaland is the site of Saba Akbar Abadi who has written more than 72 long Marsiyas and his first book of marsiya was publish in 1936 under the title of Zikr-o-Fikar.
Famous Pakistani TV Artist Abid Ali and Talat Hussain has recited some of his marsiyas.
Tajdar Adil a poet and producer of Pakistan Television has also recited some of Saba Akbar Abadi Marsiyas.
Some Books of Saba Akbar Abadi are
1:SAR BA KAF
2. SHAADAT
3.KHONAAB
4.QIRTAS-E-ALAM
3.SARBALAND

#9 TNT

TNT
  • Basic Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:26 PM

www.shiapoetry.com

#10 al-iman

al-iman

ÍíÏÑ ÑÇíÉ ÊÑÝ æ íÇäÇ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

(salam)

www.nourisardar.com

Edited by al-iman, 15 January 2011 - 01:58 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users