Religious Stones.

13 replies to this topic

#1 ThisIsZara

ThisIsZara
  • Advanced Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

Salaams everyone,
I have a question about religious stones, like the ones u wear in rings etc.
Basically, i have a friend at uni who has converted from a Sunni to a Shia, and she asked me what the significance of ur starsign is in relation to choosing a suitable stone to wear.
I think she was after the white one that purifies the blood or something?
i didnt really know much about this but i really want to help her out.
If anybody could help, it would be much appreciated...
Zara.

#2 Guest_Katayon_*

Guest_Katayon_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

(salam)

whats a starsign?

#3 al-syedia

al-syedia

ALI TAJDAR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

i think sis, wearing stones is very gud and it was also our imam"s (as) sunnah
all of our imams(AS) used to wear some kinda stone.
i think once imam (as) saw someone in a very miserable condition imam (as) said he wud not have been in this position if he had woren "aqeeq" in his rite hand
secondly imam Askari(AS) when telling th signs if a momin that it is a sign thet he wears aqeeq in his rite hand
many stones have different advantages attached to it ,once prophet(SAW) said that Allah says that he is shameful to reject the prayer of a man who wears ferooza( i dont know what it is called in English) in his hand and prays to him,
i think in "tahfa-tul-awam" you will find all the details

#4 Cyan_Garamond

Cyan_Garamond

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

This is an ancient science of which I knew little about! Islamically, what are the explanations? I don't know.

Birth stone and Zodiac Stones
Specific stones have been found to resonate well with the energies of specific times of the year. Following is a list of stones associated with signs of the zodiac. However, this is not a hard and fast rule. Various disciplines, working at specific levels of consciousness, may find different gemstones more valuable than others.

If you are interested in selecting a stone to work with, here are some general guidelines:

1. Select a stone by your birth date, from the ones listed below. However, if your discipline uses a different selection of stones, that is fine. It may be working in a different area of consciousness or in a part of the world where, in the old days, different stones were more prolific.
2. Choose a stone for a specific quality you are seeking to foster. You can get help here by visiting our Gemstone Index or typing in the quality you are seeking in our search function and seeing what stones come up.
3. Go with your intuition. If you know a bit about stones, close your eyes, center yourself and ask what stone would be best for the purpose you are seeking to fulfill. Or ask your guides to lead you to the appropriate stone.

Aries (March 21 - April 19)
bloodstone, amethyst, garnet, ruby, quartz

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)
peridot, jade, lapis lazuli, quartz

Gemini (May 21 - June 21)
agate, aventurine, peridot, pearl, moonstone

Cancer (June 22 - July 22)
beryl, pearl, moonstone, sapphire, ruby, garnet

Leo (July 23 - August 22)
amber, carnelian, diamond, topaz, ruby, garnet, peridot

Virgo (August 23 - September 22)
agate, aventurine, peridot, sapphire, aquamarine, blue topaz

Libra (September 23 - October 23)
chrysoprase, lapis lazuli, turquoise, blue topaz, aquamarine, rose quartz, tourmaline, opal, amethyst

Scorpio (October 24 - November 21)
kunzite, tourmaline, rose quartz, opal, sapphire, topaz, smoky quartz

Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21)
amethyst, sugilite, sapphire, topaz, smoky quartz, turquoise, lapis lazuli

Capricorn (December 22 - January 19)
apache tear, hematite, onyx, garnet, turquoise, lapis lazuli

Aquarius (January 20 - February 18)
aquamarine, fossils, jet, garnet

Pisces (February 19 - March 20)
amethyst, sugilite, aquamarine, bloodstone

http://www.findyourf...irth-stone.html

Edited by Cyan_Garamond, 24 March 2006 - 07:31 PM.

#5 ThisIsZara

ThisIsZara
  • Advanced Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

Hey thanks for the feedback guys...
maybe i was a little vague in my first post... I have heard from other Shia sisters that it can be 'dangerous' to wear a religious stone that does not suit u, in relation to your starsign.
I think the stone my friend wanted was aqeeq, is that the white one?
I just dont want to give her any wrong advice....

#6 Cyan_Garamond

Cyan_Garamond

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

Hey thanks for the feedback guys...
maybe i was a little vague in my first post... I have heard from other Shia sisters that it can be 'dangerous' to wear a religious stone that does not suit u, in relation to your starsign.
I think the stone my friend wanted was aqeeq, is that the white one?
I just dont want to give her any wrong advice....

Aqeeq = Agate/Carnelian (meaning there are different types of aqeeq).

I believe Aqeeq is usually blood red or black.

#7 lilacfatima

lilacfatima

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:My hubby and kids, not to mention reading too much.

Posted 25 March 2006 - 07:55 PM

Salaam alaikum

ferooza is turquoise in english for those who want to know. I've never heard anything about not being able to wear a certain stone if it's not you birthsign , at least nothing Islamically. I've always heard that aqeeq and turquoise were highly recommended. I've also heard something about rubys but I don't remeber what it was. I think something about it being the stone of mothers, but I'm not sure.

I know there is a old wives tale about wearing opal (which is an opaque white) being bad luck if it's not your birthstone but that's a european/american thing.

Then only thing I have been told by an Alims wife is that it's not good to wear rings on your pointer and middle finger, something dealing with the people of Lot wearing them on these fingers.

wa salaam

#8 ya imam zaman

ya imam zaman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

Salaams everyone,
I have a question about religious stones, like the ones u wear in rings etc.
Basically, i have a friend at uni who has converted from a Sunni to a Shia, and she asked me what the significance of ur starsign is in relation to choosing a suitable stone to wear.
I think she was after the white one that purifies the blood or something?
i didnt really know much about this but i really want to help her out.
If anybody could help, it would be much appreciated...
Zara.

well from what i have read adn heard from many schollars the best rings to wear is...

Aqeeq...this ring has many bennifits a few are that when ever something good is coming ur way instead of it passing by u it will come to u..also that whom ever wear an aqeeq on there right hand that hand will never touch the fires of hell...also a sign of a true shia is that they wear the aqeeq (wear it on ur right hand)

firozeh (turquoise):keeps jins (also faires) away adn has many other benifits aswell (wear it on ur left hand)

Hadeed: good 4 blood and makes ppl good 2 u

Ruby: keeps u form being lazy and has many other benifits aswell

gore najafi ali:when u rub it on ur eyes it gives light 2 them

sharafi shamps: makes ppl like u and when a girl want to get married if she wears it will help her get married and other benifits

emerad: kepp ppl form stealling form u and helps u in buissness and other benifits aswell

theres alot maore rings to wear but i cant thhink of that many right now

anyways all these rings are mostahab 2 wear espeacially wen u pray adn they all have an angel with them wen u wear them and i think wen they become dark or start 2 get roots on them that means ur angel is fighting 4 u

and theres some hadith about them thats really famous in qom and najaf and so when i find it ill post it here inshallah

Edited by ya imam zaman, 25 March 2006 - 09:44 PM.

#9 Guest_Katayon_*

Guest_Katayon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

Aqeeq = Agate/Carnelian (meaning there are different types of aqeeq).

I believe Aqeeq is usually blood red or black.

i dont think its ever black. it is either very dark red, or it can also go into yellow and orange shades, depending on where it is from. usually the ones from iran are a very orange dark red.

#10 al-syedia

al-syedia

ALI TAJDAR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:41 AM

i think it is forbidden to wear rings in ur pointer finger and the middle finger one is only allowed to wear rings in the ring finger and the little finger

#11 ForeverMM

ForeverMM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Religion:Muslim-Shia

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

i think it is forbidden to wear rings in ur pointer finger and the middle finger one is only allowed to wear rings in the ring finger and the little finger

Can I know who that comes from...What teaching specifically

#12 Ishk-e-Zahra

Ishk-e-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:05 AM

as far as i know there is no such fatwa of any mujtahid ragarding that..can u plz mention the source..?

#13 ForeverMM

ForeverMM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Religion:Muslim-Shia

Posted 28 March 2006 - 10:13 AM

as far as i know there is no such fatwa of any mujtahid ragarding that..can u plz mention the source..?

Thats what I thought too. I always ware one on my pointer finger and I've never been told not to.

#14 ya imam zaman

ya imam zaman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:28 PM

its not good (mekrooh) to wear rings on your thumb and index finger though it is not haram to do so

but it is good to (mostahab) wear

rings on your ring finger,middle finger,and pinky

this is what i have been told by many schollars in qom

Edited by ya imam zaman, 29 March 2006 - 05:31 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users