Hadith about sects

14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SayedM'sSister_*

Guest_SayedM'sSister_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:49 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

I was wondering if there happens to be a hadith about sects and their sizes. Which sect is the one following what Allah wants correctly.

#2 Guest_SayedM'sSister_*

Guest_SayedM'sSister_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:07 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

wow none?

#3 Son of Fatima

Son of Fatima

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

Rasulalah (pbuh) said, ''my ummat will divide into 73 sects, and only one will go to heaven''.

The jews had 71, the christian had 72, and from the 73 of the muslims, only one can enter paradise. SHIA!!

#4 fREAk

fREAk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:25 PM

asalamu alaykum

when i went to umra recently , i asked a shaikh who accompanied us about this , we were having very deep discusions about islam , i brought this hadith up , and he told me , that we shias dont believe in it , and its obviously not true , he went on to say that proof of its faultyness , is that there are no 73 sects in islam...

#5 Guest_SayedM'sSister_*

Guest_SayedM'sSister_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:30 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

^^is he sunni?

#6 Link

Link

...for those who intend not to exult themselves in the earth...

• Banned
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:47 PM

(salam)

well there are many hadiths saying such in this shia book 'haqel yaqeen' I read, perhaps the 73 sects are not just 'sunni' 'salafi' etc, but our beliefs and actions in entirety, and according to du'a nudba the true shia are on stages from light right? so it maybe that it is also possible that the hell here refers to the spiritual hell, the one we can all see with sure knowledge in this world, and that on yamal qayama many of the 'sects' will be saved through intercession more so those who didn't deny ayatallah, ofcourse ones who were very much against God's signs, did mischief, totally blind, etc, will remain in their darkness and pain foreve, this is just a possibility i am suggesting, I know i certainly right now I'm in hell and darkness and need to get out this prison my desires brought me too, I am not going to trick myself that i belong to heaven for simply saying I am shia

#7 fREAk

fREAk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

^^is he sunni?

He is a shia brother, i can say by his posts , or he is a pro shia sunni :P

Wassalam

Edited by fREAk, 22 March 2006 - 05:32 PM.

#8 A true Sunni

A true Sunni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:16 PM

Rasulalah (pbuh) said, ''my ummat will divide into 73 sects, and only one will go to heaven''.

The jews had 71, the christian had 72, and from the 73 of the muslims, only one can enter paradise. SHIA!!

Salaam
I have heard this hadith is false, it is either pushed by the Wahabbis to push their ideology, or by Shiah Zakirs for their own purposes. Most mainstream muslims (sunni & shiah) have discredited it.
salaam
salaam

#9 Guest_SayedM'sSister_*

Guest_SayedM'sSister_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

yea ive also read tht hadith on a shia site...but is there any others?

#10 Lester

Lester

we are funky robots

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,399 posts
  • Interests:I recently invented everything

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

don't have sects in the living room if you have friends who drop by unanounced

#11 Guest_SayedM'sSister_*

Guest_SayedM'sSister_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:16 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

^^tht was sooooooooo funny :rolleyes:

Edited by SayedM'sSister, 23 March 2006 - 10:17 PM.

#12 Munna Jatt

Munna Jatt
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:Physical activities (running, hiking, etc.)

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:18 AM

Respected Ladies and Gentleman..!
As this has grown quite big, I would like to take you all towards a reality which is accepted by all, totally authentic, yet we never act on it…
I would Quote the Book of Allah, The Noble Qur'an, not any sect-specific book or person..

The last revealed ‘ayat’ of The Noble Qur’an, revealed on the Day of Hajjat-ul-Wida’, Allah Almighty says…

"This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." [5:3]

Related to the above is a Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) which reads like…

“The people of scripture (Jews and Christians) were divided into 71 or 72 religious sects but My ummah will be divided into 73 sects. All of them will be in the Fire except one and that one will be those who (will follow on what) I and My followers are today.” [Saheeh Muslim, No. 976]
(Above Hadith is totally authentic, but as the reference is taken from internet, Hadith number might not be exact. I can’t confirm the reference from Hadith book as I’m not at home right now.)

Means, Islam has been completed 1400 years ago, no addition or deletion to it remains necessary now, who’s saying this? Allah Almighty, Himself..! Yet we find a lot of things in practice today in the name of Islam which were never ever did in Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) times.
I am not pointing it out to any specific sect of ours; it is for all of us, each and everyone who claims to be a Muslim, a follower of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
Just this one Ayat and One Hadith is enough to help us solve all of our problems and get out of this (our man-made) sectarian mess if we are a thinking people.

May Allah Almighty guide us all, including myself, towards the right path... Aameen..!!

#13 Nader Zaveri

Nader Zaveri

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts
  • Interests:http://www.revivingalislam.com/

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

(salam)
(bismillah)

I have posted a Hasan (Good) Hadeeth from the Shee`ah books that discusses the 73 sects of Islaam on my blog. Click here: http://revivingalisl...s-of-islam.html

(salam)

#14 Munna Jatt

Munna Jatt
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:Physical activities (running, hiking, etc.)

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

Dear Brother, I have read the blog. You quoted a hadith that I never had heard of (although it depicts I'm not that good in knowledge). And some comments say that the narrator quoted by you was a majhool so hadith is weak.
While, the hadith I quoted was a totally authentic one and accepted by all. Also I have quoted a Qur'anic verse too.
Kindly have a look at my previous comment where I have very simply tried to elaborate what should be the formula for us to be the rightful muslims. And that is a conclusive comment I must say.

A real muslim will never talk of sectarianism. That's why, Alhamdu Lillah I always try to keep away from it. That's why I have spoken of Qur'an and a very authentic hadith. Everything's clear in it. I think none of the discussion is left after that. We just have to watch our actions now. what are we doing. Is that according to what our Prophet (pbuh) did ... If it is, then it is right, and if it is not according to Prophet (pbuh)'s actions and teachings, then that is not right. And that's it....

(salam)
(bismillah)

I have posted a Hasan (Good) Hadeeth from the Shee`ah books that discusses the 73 sects of Islaam on my blog. Click here: http://revivingalisl...s-of-islam.html

(salam)

#15 Saintly_Jinn23

Saintly_Jinn23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,664 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Islam (Ithna Asheri)
  • Interests:Mariology, Taoism, Kabbalah, Sufism/Irfan, politics, Ahlul Bayt

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:13 AM

What is the hadith's definition of a sect, technically there are far more than 73, unless it is speaking of "sects" in terms of "communions?" For example, two sects can have practices and rituals that are different from one another but be in communion with one another, that is they share the same beliefs, they just express adoration for them differently. The two sects are just sub-groups of one greater sect. I don't think the hadith is referring to this kind of sectarianism.

Another example is seen with Christians, Coptic Orthodox and Ethiopian Orthodox are in communion with eachother under the Oriental Orthodox church, meaning they share the same beliefs but count as two churches semi-independent from each other who just have their own personal way of self expression of their Oriental Orthodox beliefs. Neither is seen as an unbelieving or heretical sect by the other because they are both part of the greater church or sect.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23, 03 August 2011 - 12:23 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users