Shia tafseer - Authentic interpretation

3 replies to this topic

#1 followeroftherasul

followeroftherasul

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 12:47 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid14]Salaam. Can someone please give me a site with authentic Shia tafseer of the Quran. This would be very helpful to me. Thank you. Salaam

#2 145_turbo_16V

145_turbo_16V

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 12:57 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salamun Alaykum,

Go to Al-Islam.org and click on the multi-lingual Quran. They have 4 translation side by side, with arabic. The Shia ones are Mir Ahmed Ali & Agha Mehdi Pooya, and Shakir. The Sunni ones are Abdullah Yusuf Ali (Saudi version) and Pickthall.

BTW, do you know where to get Tafsir Al-Kabir by Al-Razi ? It's a sunni tafsir but suppose to be good too, I would like to read. I will go down to my local Shia library, they have everything like Sunan Abu Daud, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi, Bukhari, Muslim, Muwatta Malik, etc.

#3 followeroftherasul

followeroftherasul

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 01:18 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid1]Salaam. Thanks for the link. Sorry I dont where to get Tafsir Al-Kabir. :( Salaam

#4 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 02:29 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Salam o Alekum,

One of the best Shia Tafseer books is [b:post_uid0]Tafseer al-MIZAN[/b:post_uid0] by Allamah Tabatabai. Some parts of it Vol 1-10 have been translated in English and is available at Shia book stores and also on-line. However these 10 volumes cover only the first 5 Suras of Quran. Some of this translation is also available on the web at the following link:

http://www.almizan.org/

Tafseer books are also available in Farsi and Urdu. These include Tafseer al-Mizan and Tafseer Namoona by Ayat. Sheerazi. You can buy them at Shia book stores and on-line. Here is a link to a good book store:

http://www.al-khoei....y.asp?cat=QRAN-

Khuda-Hafiz

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users