• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ali Wali

Ali Wali

Ali Wali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:i am very much interested in reading books espacially those who r related to psycology(cycology)coz its my major and fav.subject.<br />i like to recite nohas and marsias!!!

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:01 AM

(bismillah)
(salam) today i want to share a thing with u ppl!here in paistan it is very common.here ppl say tht hazrat qasim was to be married before the tragedy of karbala.here ppl make mehendis for it as it was his mehendi on 9 th moharram and he was to be married on the 10th of moharram.then here with other ppl the one who is addressing the majlis also says tht when hazrat qasim was gone his wife broke her bangles.
do u ppl think tht it is true?
he was jus 13 and a boy gets baaligh when he is 15 tht means he was not to be arried.and would it be possible tht he was going to be married on the 10th of moharram?
i want to know ur views regarding it!

#2 muhibeali

muhibeali

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:44 AM

Azamallaho Wujurana Be Musabina Bil Hussein Alaihis Salaam..........

From what I have heard is that Shah Qasim, was married (Nikah only recited, which means he was supposed to have been with her had the tragedy of Kerbala not taken place) to Fatema Kubra daughter of Imam Husein (A.S.). He was 13 years old when he gave up his life for Islam. The daughter of Imam Hussein (A.S.) was widowed beacuase of this.

Imagine the pain which Imam Husein (A.S) went through:

1) Shah Qasim was his nephew
2) His son in Law
3) His daughter was widowed

My Salaams to Imam Husein (A.S.) and his family who gave up theri lives for the pleasure of Allah.

My curses to the merciless killers and their supporters who still celebrate this incident.

May Allah (S.W.T) hasten the appearance of our Imam (A.S.) af so that we can take our revenge on this tragedy.

My condolences to our Imam (A.S.) af and to you all lovers of the family of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.W.)

#3 Ali Wali

Ali Wali

Ali Wali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:i am very much interested in reading books espacially those who r related to psycology(cycology)coz its my major and fav.subject.<br />i like to recite nohas and marsias!!!

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:57 AM

From what I have heard is that Shah Qasim, was married (Nikah only recited, which means he was supposed to have been with her had the tragedy of Kerbala not taken place) to Fatema Kubra daughter of Imam Husein (A.S.). He was 13 years old when he gave up his life for Islam. The daughter of Imam Hussein (A.S.) was widowed beacuase of this.

2) His son in Law
My Salaams to Imam Husein (A.S.) and his family who gave up theri lives for the pleasure of Allah.

My curses to the merciless killers and their supporters who still celebrate this incident.
well do u have the reference of tht book 4m where u've read tht bibi sughra was hazrat qasim's wife?

May Allah (S.W.T) hasten the appearance of our Imam (A.S.) af  so that we can take our revenge on this tragedy.

My condolences to our Imam (A.S.)  af  and to you all lovers of the family of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.W.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#4 Ali_Irtiza

Ali_Irtiza

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:21 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No such marriage took place

Following are the reasons for it:

1) Shahzada Qasim [as] was not an adult till that time, he was a minor, and when he was not even an adult yet, how could the marriage take place.

Proofs:
Allama Baqir Majlisi says: "Shahzada was a child who hadnt reached puberty yet." (Bihar al-Anwaar, volume 10, page 200.)

The same fact has been quoted by Fazil-e-Qazwiani in Tazlum al-Zahra, page 195.

By Fazil-e-Aamili in Lawa'ij al-Ashjan, page 140. By Muhaddith-e-Mahelati in Farsan-al-Haija, and by Fazil-e-Najafi in Maqtal al-Hussain, page 306.

2) In the recent times it has been un-neccessarily emphasized that Hadhrat Qasim [as] was married at the time of his martyrdom, but the reality is different. One reaso has been cited above that Shahzada wasnt an adult, the second reason is that the books of history and seerat do not hold any such incident of marriage.
The first person to quote this incident was "Mullah Wa'iz Kashifi" in Raudha-tul-Shuhuda, without any chain and sanad, he lived in the nineth century, now no one knows where had this incident been for 900 years, and how did it reach Mullah Kashifi, and why did he cite it without any chains.
From Mullah Kashifi, this incident was copied by the author of Muntakhib-e-Tareehi, and from Muntakhib-e-Tareehi it was quoted in Israr al-Shahadat.
Interesting is the fact that Kashifi Sahab talks about Nikah only, whereas In Muntakhib-e-Tareehi a marriage is also quoted, and in Israr al-Shahadat a child is also born.

3) Some people say that this marraige had taken place due to the will of Imam-Hasan-e-Mujtaba [as], but no Sahih narration quoting the will or such will is present, therefore this proves that Imam Hasan [as] had made no such will.

Nor was there any need for the marriage, nor any will, nor was Shahzada mature enough, therefore why would Imam Hussain [as] perform an illogical act (nauzbillah) in that situation of Karbala.

1) Imam Hussain [as] had only 2 daughters,
Bibi Fatima-e-Kubra [sa] who was married to Hadhrat Hasan-e-Muthana (Musana), and second was Bibi Sakeena [sa] who was a child at that time.

Now when there was no such daughter, then how can she be married to Shahzada Qasim [as]?

Some narrations even name a daughter of Imam Hussain [as] as Bibi Fatima-e-Sughra, but the truth is that Imam Hussain [as] had only 2 daughters, and Bibi Sughra and Bibi Kubra are refered to the same daughter, and she was married to Imam Hasan's son, Hadhrat Hasan-e-Muthana.

For the Proof of Imam Hussain [as] having 2 daughters, check out:

1) Even Mullah Wa'iz Kashifi himself says that Imam Hussain [as] had 4 sons and 2 daughters. (Raudha-tu-Shuhuda, page 430)

2) It is stated in Qumqaam az-Zakhaar, that Imam Hussain [as] had 2 daughters and 4 sons, and some narrations say that he had 10 children.

3) The same has been stated by Sheikh Abbas-e-Qumi (The Compiler of Mufateh al-Jinan) in Muntahi-al-A'maal.

Some more proof against the alledged marraige:

1) Allama Baqir Majlisi in Jila al-Ayoon page 204 says: "The narration of Qasim's (as) marriage has not passed me eyes"

2) Fazil-e-Razi-e-Qazwiani in Tazalum az-Zahra page 195 says that since the narration is not mentioned in any book and has only been mentioned in muntakhib by Tareehi, therefore even he has not mentioned it..

The same stand is stated in Zakheerat al-darain page 154, in Farsan al Haijan volume 2, page 31 by Muhaddith-e-Mehelati....and dozens of more books....and many have said that it is sin to read this narration.

#5 Changed

Changed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:26 AM

2) His son in Law

May Allah (S.W.T) hasten the appearance of our Imam (A.S.) af  so that we can take our revenge on this tragedy.

My condolences to our Imam (A.S.)  af  and to you all lovers of the family of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W.W.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fatima Kubra or Fatima Sughra, she was ailing and thus was in Madina, after this Imam Hasan's (as) son who survived the incident of Karbala, Hasan Muthanna was married to Fatima Sughra.

#6 Serenity`

Serenity`

The veil is not a limit.

• Admins
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:27 AM

Salam Alaykum,

I attended the lectures given by brother Hajj Hasanain RajabAli, during the ten days, and he mentioned how Umme Farwa (Qasim's mother), like any other mother, had a desire that she would one day see Qasim as a groom and this very wish, was taken out of context. Qasim, as mentioned by brother Ali_Irtiza in his post, was to young to marry. Also, as mentioned below in the excerpt, Umme Farwa wished that one day her son would beseech her for her blessings, but with the events that were unfolding, she knew this would never be.

An excerpt taken from the book, Tears and tributes:

After Aun and Muhammad were martyred, Qasim stood before his mother, bidding his final farewell, after seeking the permission of Imam Hussien (as). An exchange of looks between the mother and her son confirmed to Umme Farwa that she was right – she knew the time had come, were her son would make her and his father, Imam Hassan (as) proud. Slowly she rose and said to Qasim: "My beloved son, all these years I have been waiting for the day when you would become a bridegroom, and dressed as a groom, come to receive my blessings. It seems that fate has decreed otherwise. Qasim, I have preserved the dress your father wore on the day of his marriage with me. I hoped that, on your wedding day, I would ask you to wear it. Now that you are going to the land of no return, my wish is that you put on that dress so that my desire to you dressed as a groom may be fulfilled". After a pause she continued in a reflective tone: "It is the custom for grooms to apply henna on their hands. Though I have none with me, I know that you will not need it. Your hands will be dyed with your own blood". With these words she kissed her son's cheeks and embraced him. It was a long embrace, the embrace of a mother who knew that she was seeing her young darling for the last time in this world. Holding him tightly in her arms she was looking longingly at his face, as if she wanted to let his image sink into her minds eye for ever. All partings are sad but where the parting is for ever, and in such circumstances, what words can describe it?

#7 Mr Pink

Mr Pink

Hussaini

• Banned
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:11 AM

[Shakir 2:220] On this world and the hereafter. And they ask you concerning the orphans Say: To set right for them (their affairs) is good, and if you become co-partners with them, they are your brethren; and Allah knows the mischief-maker and the pacemaker, and if Allah had pleased, He would certainly have caused you to fall into a difficulty; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì has said in the above Ayat that orphans should be mixed in with your family, so that they do not feel left out. In other words, if there is an Orphan boy then you should marry him with your daughter and if it is an orphan girl then marry her to your son. The inheritor of the Quran –meaning Imam Hussain (as) followed this principle by marrying the Orphan boy of Imam Hasan (as) (Hz Qasim) to his own beloved daughter (and as they of the same ‘Kuf’). This was to show the world what care Orphans should receive and was inline with the commandments of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

This marriage is allowed in the laws set by our Prophet Muhammed (saw)and even endorsed by many Shia scholars. So it amazes me how anyone can even reject or criticize it. For instance Mullah Mohammed Taqi Ba’ghani (Maqtal writer) writes in his book Majalis-al-Mutaq’een (Majlas-e-Sabih-ashar) the whole episode of the wedding. Even Mohammed Hussain Dhakko (lanatullah) has accepted the status of Mullah Mohammed Taqi Ba’ghani in a book written by Molana Nehmat Ali Sidhu Qummi called Tofah-e-Shaykhia, Published Faisalabad by his own writing on pages 11-13.

After this there should not be any objections about the Mehndi Ceremony, which is associated with the remembrance of the Aqd of because it is only a way to express grief and sorrow of Hz Qasim (as) and allowed in Islam.

Furthermore Shaykh Abbas Qummi (Author of Mifateh) has written in his book “Nafs-al-Mahmoom” pg 171 (Persian) that “In our views there should not be any reason to reject the wedding”. Even Mullah Hussain Kashfi in his book “Rozatul Shuhada’ wrote on the issue. Mullah Kashfi who was a very well known scholar of Hirat and lived in the time of the Wazir Mir Ali Sher, who had a very large collection of books, which were not found in other places.

It is incorrect to suggest that in the tradegy of Kerbala, a happening like this does not seem logical but remember that Aemma’s (as) actions have hidden reasons and it is not necessary that we to know about that.

There have also been both sunni and shia researchers, who have recorded this happening of this ceremony from the tradegy of Kerbala. For instance, in the book “Ghaib-e-Wasail”, it has been written that on the 21st of Rabi-al-Awwal 1255 AH, Abul Fateh Mohiddeen Adil Mohammed Ali Shah saw Hz Zainab (as) in his dream and she was reciting the following elegy “Oh Qasim (son in law), congratulations on the wedding”. From this dream the Imambargha Hussain Abad in Lucknow started to carry out the Mehndi Ceremony and the organizer Hakeem Abu Ibrahim Faizabadi gained fatwa’s from all leading Marja’s, which is all recorded in Tarikh of Lucknow, Vol 2, Pg 150. The famous poet Tamna Matufi 1332 always used to read about the wedding of Hz Qasim (as) infront of all Ulema and Mujtahideen. Here is an example :

“Rukh sai sar kaya sehrahai Qasim noshah nai bas kai pir janat kai podo sai hava anay ko hai”

Even Agha Darbandi Mujtahid who died while reading the elegies of Kerbala used to read about the ceremony of Hz Qasim (as) infront of people may they be Arab, Turk or Persian and no one rejected or challenged on what he said (Asrar-e-Shahadat, Pg 307). Even today you will find a room in the remembrance of the ceremony of Hz Qasim (as) in Kerbala called “Hujlah-e-Qasim” and has been their throughout the years of many leading Shia Scholars, who have even themselves used to go their to pray. This proves the case that it is their to remember and grieve the great son of Imam Hasan (as).

The following are some references of Shia Scholars who have endorsed the wedding of Hz Qasim (as). Thus being ;
1. Mullah Syed Ali Naqi Lucknowi, Maqalaat-e-Syed-al-Ulema, pg 224-230, Published Karachi, Pakistan. 2. Mullah Mohammed Hussain She’hrabi, Tareek-al-Baqa’, pg 73-74, Vol 1, Published Iran. 3. Mullah Syed Baqir Kanjavi, Maza Mir-al-Awliyah, pg 262-263, Published Iran. 4. Mullah Shaykh Jafar Shostari, Majalis Waiz-wa-Aza’, pg 114-116, Published Iran. 5. Mullah Shaykh Fakhruddin Tareehee’ Najafi, Al-Muntakhab Tareehee’, pg 373, Published Iran. (To further endorse this person, please also refer to the book ‘Roza tul Jannat’ by Agha Khonsari Mujtahid, Vol 5, pg 350, Published Iran). 6. Dr Kalbe Sadiq, Science aur Ghaiba-e-Islam, pg 186.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users