Changed

Om distorted form of Allah

Rate this topic

Is it a god, or name of a god?

What does it convey?

Can you please shed light on its origin, representation, meanings, symbol, and rest else?

Thanks

Mazher's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After this topic, since i haven't got any sound replies i continued my research and Alhumdulillah i'm here with this, hope you like my point and consider it valid for debate.

The Symbol 'Om' which is the most important symbol of Hindu faith and is believed to be eternal and before everything, After my topic in 'Abraham and Bhrama' and Om i drerived a link after visualising the symbol Om i got a hint that its distorted form of Allah. This symbol is very Old and Arabic word Allah is very Old the people who dwelled in India long ago or the Aryan would have distorted it.

The Word Allah is found in Iran, Iraqi, Afghanistan and Saudi flags.

Both the word Allah and symbol Om have similar componet here is a distortion link drawn by me, what do you think about it.

Satyaban, I am waiting for your reply.

post-2096-1138276104.jpg

Word Allah: الله

Symbol Om:

Edited by Mazher's

Brother,

Don't look for outward symbolic syncretism.

Look for inward spiritual syncretism.

Btw, arabic script did borrw a few scripts from nagari scripts. It may not be easy to identify becase of the distortion that crept in because of writing them from the left.

Mazher,

I hope you are well. I thought I posted an answere to this question before. I will respond to you question when I get back home. However I do think you have this backwards words like amen is rooted in Om and Abraham is rooted in Brahman.

I know this may surprise some people but everything does not come from Arabic and Arabic is not the language of God.

Peace

Satyaban

To a yogi, no symbol is more powerful than the syllable OM, as witnessed by these words from the Mandukya Up-anishad :

"OM: this eternal word is all; what was, what is and what shall be."

post-12376-1138636796_thumb.jpg

Ancient Om coin.

post-12376-1138641550_thumb.jpg

Sanscrit

Peace

Satyaban

post-12376-1138636688_thumb.gif

Edited by satyaban

Satyaban don't you see any similarity between the two, i'm not talking about what is Om rather am concerned with similarity and possiblity of distortion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see a similarity but not a distortion. Om is a symbol and a three part sound and Allah is a word. Both are to express nearly the same thing so I consider the commonality which is an attempt to express intuitive knowledge that can not be expressed and that is God no matter what name is used.

Om is in ancient Sanskrit, your Prophet lived in what 700ce but I do not know when people started using Allah as a reference of God.

Peace

Satyaban

I see a similarity but not a distortion. Om is a symbol and a three part sound and Allah is a word. Both are to express nearly the same thing so I consider the commonality which is an attempt to express intuitive knowledge that can not be expressed and that is God no matter what name is used.

Om is in ancient Sanskrit, your Prophet lived in what 700ce but I do not know when people started using Allah as a reference of God.

Peace

Satyaban

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arabic is very old, i've heard that Hebrew and Arabic are sisters, and thus both are ancients, Prophet's (pbuh) mother tongue was Arabic he never invented it.

Arabic is very old, i've heard that Hebrew and Arabic are sisters, and thus both are ancients, Prophet's (pbuh) mother tongue was Arabic he never invented it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did not mean to suggest that. What I don't know is how Arabs referred to God before The Prophet. When did Arabs start using the name Allah for God?

Could you address the first paragraph of my last post?

Peace

Satyaban

I did not mean to suggest that. What I don't know is how Arabs referred to God before The Prophet. When did Arabs start using the name Allah for God?

Could you address the first paragraph of my last post?

Peace

Satyaban

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Previous to Islam, there were basically four types of Arabs:

Christian Arab,

Jew Arabs,

Pagan Arabs,

Ahnaaf ( Abrahamites) Arabs.

So everyone used the term Allah for God, irrespective of their type, even todays Arab Jew and Christian would use the term Allah for God, even Arabic Bibles uses Allah for God.

Pagan Arabs attributed daughters to Allah plus attibuted partners to Allah, and also sons etc etc.

So right from the begining everyone in Arab had used the term Allah for God.

The major Pagan goddesses ( so called daughters of Allah) were Lat, Manat and Uzza.

Manat is synonymous with Somanat of Hindu religion.

Manat is synonymous with Somanat of Hindu religion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Buddy I dont think word Somanat even exists, its actually Somnath derived from two sanskrit words soma+nath. Just another name of lord Shiva like Dinanath, Badrinath. Manat on the contrary is an arabian goddess. BTW what manat stands for in arabic?

Mt question is why do Muslims claim every was Muslim going back to Moses, I would include Adam, Eve and Noah but they are metaphors.

Perhaps Allah was derived from AUM as amen was, perhaps Abraham is derived from Brahman but if this true it does not mean one faith is better because we are all born Hindu with only the self and God. Everything from that point are effects of local culture, tradition and family.

Please note I did not say anyone is misguided.

BTW Sanskrit is much older than Arabic.

OM Shanti Shanti OM

Peace

Satyaban

Edited by satyaban

I am interested in learning how old is Sanskrit, and how old is Nagri alphabet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sanskrit was first written in 500 BCE but was spoken for centuries before that. The Vedas were handed down orally for gods how long. The oldest document written in Arabic is the Koran.

Peace

Satyaban

And in which areas was Sanskrit spoken?

I am asking this because it certainly was not spoken in Indus Valley.

No matter how old Sanskrit is, it must have a beginning, even if approximate. Right?

I don't have anything particular in mind by asking these questions. It's just that I have always been interested in origin of languages.

Edit: By the way, it is fine with me even if nobody replies. I know I am off-topic.

Talking of topic, I personally do not think Om in Sanskrit has any connection with the word 'Allah'.

Secondly, even though Sanskrit might have been spoken for last 100,000 years, but writing actually was started by Semitic languages, probably in Egypt; and Arabic is a descendant of Nebatean, a Semitic language. Hence if one of these two words (Om and Allah) are distortion of another then the only one distorted could be Om.

Edited by Excalibur

And in which areas was Sanskrit spoken?

I am asking this because it certainly was not spoken in Indus Valley.

No matter how old Sanskrit is, it must have a beginning, even if approximate. Right?

I don't have anything particular in mind by asking these questions. It's just that I have always been interested in origin of languages.

Edit: By the way, it is fine with me even if nobody replies. I know I am off-topic.

Talking of topic, I personally do not think Om in Sanskrit has any connection with the word 'Allah'.

Secondly, even though Sanskrit might have been spoken for last 100,000 years, but writing actually was started by Semitic languages, probably in Egypt; and Arabic is a descendant of Nebatean, a Semitic language. Hence if one of these two words (Om and Allah) are distortion of another then the only one distorted could be Om.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In response to your last paragraph neither do I.

Peace

Satyaban

There was no written system of Arabic in pre-Islam days.

Are you saying that Arabic alpabets were invented by Muslims? I don't think so. When our prophet wrote letters to the kings inviting them to Islam then he did not have to invent an altogether new alphabetic system.

I'm more incline to think that Arabic borrowed heavily from Persian, Aramaic, Hebrew and Sanskrit etc.

Arabic writing system is based on other Semitic languages, probably Aramaic. But Aramaic itself was not the original Semitic alphabet.

However, Arabic did not borrow its alphabet from Persian, Sanskrit or Chinese.

Are you saying that Arabic alpabets were invented by Muslims? I don't think so. When our prophet wrote letters to the kings inviting them to Islam then he did not have to invent an altogether new alphabetic system.

Arabic writing system is based on other Semitic languages, probably Aramaic. But Aramaic itself was not the original Semitic alphabet.

However, Arabic did not borrow its alphabet from Persian, Sanskrit or Chinese.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Find something written in Arabic before the Koran.

Peace

Satyaban

You think it was?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do not subscribe to the Aryan Invasion theory(AIT).

The age of the vedas were given as 1000 BC by Max Mueller to fit it within his AIT, with no scholarly basis.

This then became the accepted view of western historians who then say that AIT is true because the vedas were written in 1000 BC and that the Indus-Saraswati valley people must have been driven away by then because the westerners could not concede that brown people could actually have advanced thinking and civilizations. It goes against the white man's burder thing that was in vogue then (and now).

Talk about circular logic...lol..

That the Vedas describe of astronomical events and star positions going back as far as 4000 BC is a minor inconvenience to these pseudo historians...lol..

So Excalibur, take pride in being in an area which gave the vedas to mankind. Take pride that sanskrit was spokent there. You don't have to be a hindu to be proud of those things...lol..

I dont know why Chinese comes into discussion here. I dont recall making any reference to Chinese at all.

I dont know why you find it hard to entertain the thoughts of Arabic being heavily influenced by the languages that preceded it. Afterall, they were already in usage during pre-Islam days.